PDA

View Full Version : Stan V.Gundy / Drummund/Monroe / Reggie

Jasper
02-20-2015, 12:52 PM
He was dealt a team , and now is messaging the team to his style of team he thinks can make the playoffs for years to come.

Stan was criti'sized for Smith's release , but now we are starting to see a plan slowly taking shape.

Give the Pistons a couple years , and you'll see the East being much deeper.

The turn is occurring with my Bucks, Bulls, Cav's , Heat , soon the Pistons, and Washington and Charlotte.

Stan the man is going forward, and I would not take Pistons lightly.

christian1923
02-20-2015, 12:54 PM
Greg Monroe is an unrestricted free agent at the end of they year.

Just saying

MP.Trey
02-20-2015, 12:55 PM
No excuses

boozehound
02-20-2015, 12:57 PM
Greg Monroe is an unrestricted free agent at the end of they year.

Just saying
right, this might be an issue. Though I think he is much more likely to sign there now that at the beginning of the season. They will have something like 30 million in cap space and I expect them to go after Draymond pretty hard (max him out and hope the warriors dont match). Reggie is an RFA, so let the market set his value. Stan will be smart with his cap (not like Joe "we got the best sg (gordon) and pf (CV) in FA this year" dumars). Sometimes its not worth overpaying mid-tier talent, even if it is the best available.

DeuceWallaces
02-20-2015, 01:00 PM
Doesn't seem to be any sniff of what Monroe is thinking. SVG's defensive scheme has really made him look better, and he's really done a good job of creating space and adding 3 point shooters. We'll see how they look over the next month or two and I hope the playoffs.

HurricaneKid
02-20-2015, 01:02 PM
So are they seriously going to be paying BJ and RJax > 20M/? Because thats one of the worst starting PGs (whoever wins out) and it is going to cost a pretty penny. I just don't see this trade as a good thing because it means they are going to massively overpay Jackson.

Charlie Sheen
02-20-2015, 01:19 PM
So are they seriously going to be paying BJ and RJax > 20M/? Because thats one of the worst starting PGs (whoever wins out) and it is going to cost a pretty penny. I just don't see this trade as a good thing because it means they are going to massively overpay Jackson.

The pistons didn't give up enough to HAVE to re sign Reggie.. It's probably more about getting Monroe to re sign than throwing a bunch of cash at reggie. Who knows if he will sign the QO to be unrestricted like Monroe.

boozehound
02-20-2015, 01:24 PM
The pistons didn't give up enough to HAVE to re sign Reggie.. It's probably more about getting Monroe to re sign than throwing a bunch of cash at reggie. Who knows if he will sign the QO to be unrestricted like Monroe.
it will be interesting to see what his market value is. I bet its not much more than the 4/48 he turned down last year.

HurricaneKid
02-20-2015, 01:27 PM

Monroe is certainly MORE important but I don't know why you would trade a starting wing for a rental. I mean even if they get to the 8 seed they are going to get destroyed in R1. That leads me to believe they plan on signing Jackson who throws fits all over the place and will not look kindly to being lowballed.

HurricaneKid
02-20-2015, 01:28 PM
it will be interesting to see what his market value is. I bet its not much more than the 4/48 he turned down last year.

Man if he really turned that down...

Jennings turned down a similar deal and ended up with 4/28.

CP343
02-20-2015, 01:34 PM
Pistons have a bright future, but Drummond's continued development is the key. Monroe already tried to get out once, that might happen again. Reggie was a great reserve, but he'll be subpar compared to other starters.

boozehound
02-20-2015, 01:35 PM
Monroe is certainly MORE important but I don't know why you would trade a starting wing for a rental. I mean even if they get to the 8 seed they are going to get destroyed in R1. That leads me to believe they plan on signing Jackson who throws fits all over the place and will not look kindly to being lowballed.
the problem with singler is that hes not quite good enough to start, but hes too good to force a team to address the position. They are better off moving on from him IMO, even if we do not have the answer in place for this season. He was the weakest link in the starting lineup, even with DJ and MCW in the backcourt

DeuceWallaces
02-20-2015, 04:14 PM

I think the new rights deal is going to bump up everyone's value. All the players who held out will probably benefit a lot.

ZenMaster
02-20-2015, 04:30 PM
I think the new rights deal is going to bump up everyone's value. All the players who held out will probably benefit a lot.

Unfortunately most people cannot comprehend how this affects salaries and contracts now. I've never seen the term overpaid used as much on here as in the last year.

A potent raise is comming to all NBA players, some just get it early because their contracts are up now and their agents know how to negotiate.

Eric Cartman
02-20-2015, 05:10 PM
No love for the Raptors? :confusedshrug:

DeuceWallaces
02-20-2015, 05:52 PM
Unfortunately most people cannot comprehend how this affects salaries and contracts now. I've never seen the term overpaid used as much on here as in the last year.

A potent raise is comming to all NBA players, some just get it early because their contracts are up now and their agents know how to negotiate.

Most of the current "over paid" list who have contracts on the current CBA won't be shit compared to what's about to happen after the next lock out. The only exceptions being guys like Kobe and Rashard who have legacy deals from two CBA's ago. They are really over paid.