PDA

View Full Version : CP3 without BG

fpliii
02-20-2015, 07:31 PM
He's looked pretty good these past few games. Are you guys seeing what you needed to see from him, or is he still not doing enough for your tastes?

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
02-20-2015, 07:39 PM
He needs to play like this WITH Griffin in the playoffs. Dude was aggressive and in take-over mode all game. Really fun to watch.

CP343
02-20-2015, 07:45 PM
This shouldn't be surprising. CP3 is very talented, and has even previously made Tyson Chandler look respectable on offense back in the day. Obviously BG needs to come back for significant playoff success to be possible though.

Uncle Drew
02-20-2015, 07:51 PM
Conference finals appearances: 0.

ArbitraryWater
02-20-2015, 07:52 PM
Conference finals appearances: 0.

trolllsssssszzz

Uncle Drew
02-20-2015, 07:55 PM
trolllsssssszzz
factsssssszzz*

Young X
02-20-2015, 07:56 PM
He needs to play like this WITH Griffin in the playoffs. Dude was aggressive and in take-over mode all game. Really fun to watch.He basically did that in the OKC series. He only looks for his shot in the playoffs or when his team is shorthanded. He has too much of a team orientated mentality to be aggressive all game, only looks for his shot as the last resort.

ArbitraryWater
02-20-2015, 07:56 PM
factsssssszzz*

Kyrie Irving playoff appearances: 0

Uncle Drew
02-20-2015, 08:00 PM
Really relevant indeed. Kyrie ain't the best PG since Magic, which a lot of people claimed CP is.

And, by the way, I'm sure you've noticed, since you've hopped from the Heat bandwagon to the Cavs bandwagon: Kyrie is currently 33-22 and en route to a nice playoff run.

ArbitraryWater
02-20-2015, 08:01 PM
Really relevant indeed. Kyrie ain't the best PG since Magic, which a lot of people claimed CP is.

And, by the way, I'm sure you've noticed, since you've hopped from the Heat bandwagon to the Cavs bandwagon: Kyrie is currently 33-22 and en route to a nice playoff run.

don't get touchy, just factsssssszzz bro

Uncle Drew
02-20-2015, 08:06 PM
don't get touchy, just factsssssszzz bro
So our posts have something in common, since mine is filled with facts as well. You ain't fooling no one with that Mavs fan act.

ArbitraryWater
02-20-2015, 08:07 PM
So our posts have something in common, since mine is filled with facts as well. You ain't fooling no one with that Mavs fan act.

Where did this come from :crazysam:

someone's jimmies rustled

Chrono90
02-20-2015, 08:09 PM
It's just one game?

b0bab0i
02-20-2015, 08:18 PM

That has more to do with lebron being on team than Kyrie having to do with it.

Remember what happened when lebron was out for 2 weeks?

fpliii
02-20-2015, 08:21 PM
It's just one game?
Four games I think.

fpliii
02-20-2015, 08:22 PM
Number of playoff series lost to teams with worse records than his teams': 0.
:confusedshrug:

Young X
02-20-2015, 08:22 PM
Posters like Uncle Drew are what's wrong with this forum. Dude isn't even here to actually discuss basketball, just hating/trolling for no reason other than attention.

Spurs m8
02-20-2015, 08:31 PM
Nah i get uncle drew here, CP3 is so over-rated, sometimes you gotta look at it from the bigger picture....if hes THAT good, whys he never taken a team to a conference final?
Hes had some decent support, its not like hes playing on the current Knicks.

Uncle Drew
02-20-2015, 08:33 PM
Posters like Uncle Drew are what's wrong with this forum. Dude isn't even here to actually discuss basketball, just hating/trolling for no reason other than attention.
Thinking someone is overrated =/= hating. Paul hasn't reached a conference finals once. Something even Melo and Deron Williams have done. FYI, the year Melo reached the conference finals, he blew out Paul by 60 somewhat points. Melo gets mocked, where Paul gets away with excuses. He ran Del Negro out of town, got the coach he wanted, he has Blake, who was a top 3 player last year... But when the going got tough, he choked against Oklahoma City.

According to certain people, CP is the best PG since Magic, blasphemous. It's impossible to be great without making a deep playoff run. Even Nash played until at least early June.

Young X
02-20-2015, 08:45 PM
Thinking someone is overrated =/= hating. Paul hasn't reached a conference finals once. Something even Melo and Deron Williams have done. FYI, the year Melo reached the conference finals, he blew out Paul by 60 somewhat points. Melo gets mocked, where Paul gets away with excuses. He got the coach he wanted, he has Blake who was a top 3 player last year. But when the going got tough, he choked against Oklahoma City.

According to certain people, CP is the best PG since Magic, blasphemous. It's impossible to be great without making a deep playoff run. Even Nash played until at least early June.Nothing you said has anything to do with the thread. The thread is about CP's play without Blake and you come in here bringing up past irrelevant sh!t for no reason.

And how does he get away with excuses? He gets bashed all the time and is one of the least popular big name stars in the league.

Uncle Drew
02-20-2015, 08:47 PM
Nothing you said has anything to do with the thread. The thread is about CP's play without Blake and you come in here bringing up past irrelevant sh!t for no reason.
Read the OP:

He's looked pretty good these past few games. Are you guys seeing what you needed to see from him, or is he still not doing enough for your tastes?

He could put up 100 ppg, if it doesn't lead to W's in the postseason, he hasn't done enough to me. Period.

qrich
02-20-2015, 08:51 PM
Read the OP:

He could put up 100 ppg, if it doesn't lead to W's in the postseason, he hasn't done enough to me. Period.

Kyrie couldn't lead a team to the post-season in the Weak East. Despite playing with two #4 picks and a year with a fellow #1.

Paul led a decent Hornets team to the playoffs in the stacked West and got robbed of an MVP.

:bowdown:

Spurs m8
02-20-2015, 09:11 PM
hahaha see, this is the problem
You're praising him for leading a decent team to the playoffs.

Okay.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
02-20-2015, 09:53 PM
He basically did that in the OKC series. He only looks for his shot in the playoffs or when his team is shorthanded. He has too much of a team orientated mentality to be aggressive all game, only looks for his shot as the last resort.

Disagree. He was outplayed by Westbrook in that series. I mean, not like I expected CP to get super aggressive like him, but there were FAR too many stretches in that series, especially on the road, where dude either came up short (missed key field goals), or played passive while Westbrook took it to another gear.

That H2H is the only reason I don't flame posters who have Westbrook > CP.

Milbuck
02-20-2015, 10:02 PM
:roll: :roll: :roll:

LoneyROY7
02-20-2015, 10:44 PM
19/13 on 47 percent shooting in his last 4 games. Pretty much par for the course for CP...assists of course will be up because the ball is going to be in his hands more without Blake.

Certainly impressed with him leading the team to some hard-fought victories over 3 play-off teams in the last 4.

Would still like to see him more aggressive looking to score while Blake is out.

T_L_P
02-20-2015, 11:13 PM
Nah i get uncle drew here, CP3 is so over-rated, sometimes you gotta look at it from the bigger picture....if hes THAT good, whys he never taken a team to a conference final?
Hes had some decent support, its not like hes playing on the current Knicks.

Because Blake Griffin constantly underperforms and he's rarely lost to a team with HCA (I don't think he ever has)?

clipps
02-21-2015, 02:00 AM
I notice the Clippers have played with more intensity without Blake. I've been so sick of Blake Griffin all season. Constantly taking breaks on defense, doesn't rebound, he tries to play like a wing player, chucking midrange and 3's all day acting like he's Curry because of his improved range. Lack of hustle on the defensive end which is contagious. Why would role players want to hustle if their 6'10" freak athletic beast isn't willing to hustle. I'm loving how the Clippers have played without Blake. If he comes back and the Clippers go back to playing soft passive no D no rebounding fakkitball, they seriously need to trade him this summer. What happened to rookie Blake? That dude was an animal.

Fudge
02-21-2015, 02:20 AM
lol damn.

GimmeThat
02-21-2015, 02:33 AM
I can't say I'm a fan of players being a stat guy.

but when it comes to the playoff (since regular season, don't mean much and all for a team like that with CP3)

if he would just mentally count the possessions, and what he does on those possessions.

he's still an above .500 scorer, isn't he?

*this tactic does not work for every player.
You've been warned.

senelcoolidge
02-21-2015, 09:40 AM
Blake played like a beast when CP3 was out last season. It's the opposite situation this season. Blake hasn't looked like himself this season. It's great to see him improve his jump A LOT, but he's not been himself.

Meticode
02-21-2015, 10:35 AM
Correct, but it has nothing to do with the thread. You're dodging.

LoneyROY7
02-21-2015, 12:10 PM
I notice the Clippers have played with more intensity without Blake. I've been so sick of Blake Griffin all season. Constantly taking breaks on defense, doesn't rebound, he tries to play like a wing player, chucking midrange and 3's all day acting like he's Curry because of his improved range. Lack of hustle on the defensive end which is contagious. Why would role players want to hustle if their 6'10" freak athletic beast isn't willing to hustle. I'm loving how the Clippers have played without Blake. If he comes back and the Clippers go back to playing soft passive no D no rebounding fakkitball, they seriously need to trade him this summer. What happened to rookie Blake? That dude was an animal.

:facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

ArbitraryWater
02-21-2015, 12:54 PM

Basically.. dude is just another troll that can't discuss basketball. He's a simpleton, stuff like "conference finals" is the same shit as "2/5", "first round virgin", "5 rings doe"... idiot.

Correct, but it has nothing to do with the thread. You're dodging.

lol what :oldlol:

and what does his post have to do with this thread?

rhowen4
02-21-2015, 01:28 PM
i like cp3. i thought he did fine in last year's playoffs. he guarded KD ffs.

iirc it has never or rarely been on cp3 that he doesn't make it to the WCF. it's circumstance due to really good teams. i think that's a stupid arbitrary condition to fulfill to be considered great, because once he makes it to the WCF it'll satisfy no one and just become "he's never won a championship".

Gotterdammerung
02-21-2015, 02:20 PM
i like cp3. i thought he did fine in last year's playoffs. he guarded KD ffs.

iirc it has never or rarely been on cp3 that he doesn't make it to the WCF. it's circumstance due to really good teams. i think that's a stupid arbitrary condition to fulfill to be considered great, because once he makes it to the WCF it'll satisfy no one and just become "he's never won a championship".
This.

The rest of you are just plain silly.
:hammerhead:

chips93
02-21-2015, 02:38 PM
Kyrie couldn't lead a team to the post-season in the Weak East. Despite playing with two #4 picks and a year with a fellow #1.

Paul led a decent Hornets team to the playoffs in the stacked West and got robbed of an MVP.

:bowdown:

nobody is suggesting that kyrie is better than paul