02-20-2015, 11:44 PM
Against the elite wizards: 25 min: 28 pts/5 reb/6assists

Edit: currently front runner as harden gets blown out by the mavs

You forgot about Curry pretty quickly.

Lebronxrings
02-20-2015, 11:45 PM
It's his for the taking

Hopefully it isnt rigged against him last last year :facepalm
true. The league has to give their fake poster boys some love. rose and durant :facepalm

imdaman99
02-20-2015, 11:46 PM
They probably could have beat the Wizards without him.

#Didn'tWatch

Lebronxrings
02-20-2015, 11:48 PM
They probably could have beat the Wizards without him.

#Didn'tWatch
they lost because how bad their sfs played. And why did they play bad? Cuz lebrn shut them down.

Magic 32
02-21-2015, 09:19 AM
Lebron stans :lol :lol :lol

They need the regular season awards so bad because they know nothing comes in June. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Lebron23
02-21-2015, 09:21 AM
Lebron stans :lol :lol :lol

They need the regular season awards so bad because they know nothing comes in June. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Huh???? LeBron have the same numbers of finals MVP as Kobe. and LBJ is also the superior finals performer.

Beastmode88
02-21-2015, 09:34 AM
Huh???? LeBron have the same numbers of finals MVP as Kobe. and LBJ is also the superior finals performer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3kKxtSQa-4 :yaohappy:

Dragic4Life
02-21-2015, 09:35 AM
Thread gets the approval of the Lebron Family.:cheers:

Lebron23
02-21-2015, 09:39 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3kKxtSQa-4 :yaohappy:

Lebron James

27 games - 24.3 ppg, 8.8 rpg, 6.4 apg, 1.8 spg, 0.6 bpg, 3.8 tov, 46.3 FG%, 76.1 FT%, 54.6 TS%

Kobe Bryant

37 games - 25.3 ppg, 5.7 rpg, 5.1 apg, 1.8 spg, 0.9 bpg, 3.3 tov, 41.2 FG%, 84.8 FT%, 50.7 TS%

Magic 32
02-21-2015, 09:47 AM
Lebron James

27 games - 24.3 ppg, 8.8 rpg, 6.4 apg, 1.8 spg, 0.6 bpg, 3.8 tov, 46.3 FG%, 76.1 FT%, 54.6 TS%

Kobe Bryant

37 games - 25.3 ppg, 5.7 rpg, 5.1 apg, 1.8 spg, 0.9 bpg, 3.3 tov, 41.2 FG%, 84.8 FT%, 50.7 TS%

This is a great way to ignoring ankle sprains, level of competition, disgraceful 60% shooting games (G6 vs Mavs) and of course Lebron's favorite hobby...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8YdgRH6cxk&t=6m16s

Not like Kobe. Taking the 4th quarter off in blowout wins (G1 2009 and 2010).

What a disgrace you are.

Lebron23
02-21-2015, 09:53 AM
This is a great way to ignoring ankle sprains, level of competition, disgraceful 60% shooting games (G6 vs Mavs) and of course Lebron's favorite hobby...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8YdgRH6cxk&t=6m16s

Not like Kobe. Taking the 4th quarter off in blowout wins (G1 2009 and 2010).

What a disgrace you are.

http://i1.minus.com/iBegjhmjz4dxn.jpg

Magic 32
02-21-2015, 09:55 AM

Lebron is not 29 anymore.

No update?

Lebron23
02-21-2015, 09:59 AM

No update?

3x Finals MVP, 5x NBA MVP.

http://media.giphy.com/media/GODSCQebffJzW/giphy.gif

Magic 32
02-21-2015, 10:11 AM
3x Finals MVP, 5x NBA MVP.

http://media.giphy.com/media/GODSCQebffJzW/giphy.gif

You know..........Lebron learned not to celebrate before achieving.

Just a thought.

Eric Cartman
02-21-2015, 10:20 AM
Why do posters who are not lebron stans come to this thread and try to reason with these guys? You may have a better chance convincing Charles Manson he's insane.

Ca$H
02-21-2015, 10:24 AM
He should never win another one again no matter what. 4 is way too much especially considering the fact that Kobe, Shaq, and Duncan combined have 4. The media will find any excuse to reward that undeserving prostitute.

Trollsmasher
02-21-2015, 10:26 AM
get in here Lebronbros

I<3NBA
02-21-2015, 11:20 AM
He should never win another one again no matter what. 4 is way too much especially considering the fact that Kobe, Shaq, and Duncan combined have 4. The media will find any excuse to reward that undeserving prostitute.
it's the other way around actually. media has grown tired of awarding Lebron that they've given the award to somebody else just so Lebron won't win it.

it's MVP fatigue.

INDI
02-21-2015, 01:41 PM
MVP awards are more about narrative then it is about the Most Valuable Player on a team. Right now the story is Curry and Harden are the front runners and Lebron is 3rd. If the league ended today I believe that Curry and Harden would be Co mvps.

No way Bron wins unless those guys self destruct or Bron starts going for 40/50 point games (does he even have a triple double this season??).

Narrative is the keyword here guys

Fudge
02-21-2015, 01:44 PM
Don't make me go in on you raw, no lube like in that other thread and snatch your chunk change, boy.

Beastmode88
02-21-2015, 02:10 PM

No update?

Jordan was in college for 2 years. You put up his stats from when he's 31 then lebron stans be on suicide watch.

Dragic4Life
02-21-2015, 02:13 PM
Jordan was in college for 2 years. You put up his stats from when he's 31 then lebron stans be on suicide watch.
no.

dubeta
02-21-2015, 02:18 PM
Even though the Cavs don't have near the record they should given the talent on the roster given the way they started the season. And even though they had to endure dead weight, bad chemistry guy in Waiters for near half a season ... where everyone on the roster clearly didn't like, and set up poor on court chemistry.

LeBron was 25 / 6 / 7 / 47% on pure skill, and savy without his athleticism / HGH or whatever to start the season.

But since his 2 week vacation in Miami to rejuvinate, or refocus his mind and body? He's been in absolute beast mode. And he's VERY clearly the best player in the sport. All Star Game a microcosm of everything as well. Even when seemingly not trying hard he's leaps and bounds better than everyone else still.

And at the end of the day, whether it's this season in a vaccum, but more especially using all-time MVP history as a narrative on what all-time greats got hosed out of MVPs: MJ, Shaq, and maybe Kobe / Wade.

I'm more comfortable with LeBron getting his 5th MVP in 2015 this season over the likes of:

James Harden
Steph Curry
Anthony Davis

If his quality of play continues, and if Cleveland keeps STEAM rolling opponents. Some of these victories they've been having, while granted regular season, have looked more dominant than anything I saw in Miami for the most part.

Some of these lopsided games, against even good opponents like last night's Washington game where LeBron put up 28 in 25 min, and spear headed the defense ... the way the team played collectively, their energy. They felt like a way more talented, intelligent version of the 2009 and 2010 Cavs. But with actual reliable star help for LeBron. That win was like a dominant 1992, or late 90's Bulls win.

They've been molly whopping teams. And it hasn't just been LeBron as the best player on the floor. Which he clearly is ... taking up PG responsibilities, while Kyrie basically goes homeless man's Iverson. It's his on floor leadership and coaching that puts him in another stratosphere for MVP talks when one has a critical eye.

I feel like LeBron is the Cavs GM, MVP, and Coach. Blatt cedes dominance to him even in huddles to the point it feels like he's the assistant coach.

:biggums:

This :applause:

And if he gets that 5th MVP, he's tied with MJ in my all time rankings

SamuraiSWISH
02-21-2015, 02:19 PM
Even though the Cavs don't have near the record they should given the talent on the roster given the way they started the season. And even though they had to endure dead weight, bad chemistry guy in Waiters for near half a season ... where everyone on the roster clearly didn't like, and set up poor on court chemistry.

LeBron was 25 / 6 / 7 / 47% on pure skill, and savy without his athleticism / HGH or whatever to start the season.

But since his 2 week vacation in Miami to rejuvinate, or refocus his mind and body? He's been in absolute beast mode. And he's VERY clearly the best player in the sport. All Star Game a microcosm of everything as well. Even when seemingly not trying hard he's leaps and bounds better than everyone else still.

And at the end of the day, whether it's this season in a vaccum, but more especially using all-time MVP history as a narrative on what all-time greats got hosed out of MVPs: MJ, Shaq, and maybe Kobe / Wade.

I'm more comfortable with LeBron getting his 5th MVP in 2015 this season over the likes of:

James Harden
Steph Curry
Anthony Davis

If his quality of play continues, and if Cleveland keeps STEAM rolling opponents. Some of these victories they've been having, while granted regular season, have looked more dominant than anything I saw in Miami for the most part.

Some of these lopsided games, against even good opponents like last night's Washington game where LeBron put up 28 in 25 min, and spear headed the defense ... the way the team played collectively, their energy, the fun chemistry. They felt like a way more talented, intelligent version of the 2009 and 2010 Cavs. But with actual reliable star help for LeBron. That win was like a dominant 1992, or late 90's Bulls win.

They've been molly whopping teams. And it hasn't just been LeBron as the best player on the floor. Which he clearly is ... taking up PG responsibilities, while Kyrie basically goes homeless man's Iverson. It's his on floor leadership and coaching that puts him in another stratosphere for MVP talks when one has a critical eye.

I feel like LeBron is the Cavs GM, MVP, and Coach. Blatt cedes dominance to him even in huddles to the point it feels like he's the assistant coach.

Prime_Shaq
02-21-2015, 02:20 PM
This :applause:

Not without another 4 titles + 4 finals MVP

SamuraiSWISH
02-21-2015, 02:27 PM
That's nice.

But MJ himself got hosed out of 2 - 4 MVPs due to voter fatigue. And of course we all know he was playing baseball the last 2 seasons of his absolute physical prime. So, there is context.

As well as the whole choking v.s. will to win angle aka 2/5 v.s. 6/6 that clearly puts MJ ahead.

But yes, a LeBron stan having him tied is to be expected. You weren't old enough to see prime Kobe, let alone fadeaway MJ, and absolutely didn't see the guy in his prime. Prime MJ was a 32 ppg 6 rpg 6 apg 50% 3 spg in the regular season with 60+ win seasons, rings, and Finals MVPs. Record setting Finals performances when the lights were brightest, and pressure was highest.

Something LeBron clearly hasn't been able to do when the game is at it's absolute best.

PejaTheSerbSnip
02-21-2015, 02:38 PM
LeBrons MVP case really has no leg to stand on. Even from a narrative perspective. Let's go over it:

1. His advanced stats, which his fans have loved to trumpet in the past, reveal him to be a lower-tier MVP candidate. I think hes barely top 15 in win shares/48, if even that. Hes also like 30th in wins produced/48, 5th in PER and 7th in BPM. Curry and Harden are literally ahead in every conceivable value metric.

2. The Cavs won't even be the top seed in a weak conference. They won't even come close to being the top seed. And since July, they've acquired (besides LeBron), Love, Marion, Shumpert, Mozgov, Smith, Marion, Miller and Jones. Let's not act like, say, Harden has had more help. He hasn't, yet his team has been better in an infinitely stronger conference.

3. He's missed 1/8th of the season, and will probably moss a couple more games.

4. Hell, even his raw stats arent as impressive as Currys or Hardens.

LeBron deserved his first 4 MVP's but if the season ended today, it'd be a travesty if he won. "Reputation based" MVP if there ever was one. Deal with it.

PejaTheSerbSnip
02-21-2015, 03:36 PM
it's the other way around actually. media has grown tired of awarding Lebron that they've given the award to somebody else just so Lebron won't win it.

it's MVP fatigue.

No it isn't. LeBron hasn't played like an MVP this year. Thus he won't win it, if the voters possess even a modicum of objectivity.

SamuraiSWISH
02-21-2015, 04:10 PM
4. Hell, even his raw stats arent as impressive as Currys or Hardens.
Huh?

LeBron: 26 ppg, 7 apg, 6 rpg on 49%
Curry: 24 ppg, 8 apg, 5 rpg on 48%
Harden: 27 ppg, 7 apg, 6 rpg on 45%

And LeBron is STILL a better defender than both of those guys. He's been sitting on the bench in numerous fourth quarters or for long stretches due to complete blow outs since his return, and the trades.

LeBron deserved his first 4 MVP's but if the season ended today, it'd be a travesty if he won.
A travesty? No one has particularly stood out as clear MVP this season. Golden State is utterly stacked on both sides of the ball. So I don't know why you're exclusively citing Cleveland's roster upgrades.

In Curry's case, the core of his team has been together for sometime ... so they have that in their favor as well. Along with back court mate scores near the same volume a game as him, while being easily the better defender.

Harden is doing his best job to keep a Dwight-less Houston team a float and has looked good doing it ... but his PPG still gets padded by ridiculous amount of foul calls. And he's yet to prove he's that player in the post season when teams D up, and refs swallow the whistle.

Yet this huge Cavalier turnaround, and explosion is to be shrugged off? Still have like half a season to go ... Cleveland will probably finish up as the 2nd seed, unless there is a 2014 Pacers collapse by Atlanta.

James is the best player on the floor, the GM, and the coach. Leading a team that was just put together a few months ago, a rookie NBA coach, and two "superstars" who have only really proven until this point to me Me First stat padding losers who have never played a meaningful NBA game yet (post season) in their entire career yet.

What he's doing this season with them is actually very impressive. As I said, particularly from a leadership stand point. The chemistry on the team looks fantastic, and Love was inconsistently not himself ... and he's even bringing a weirdo loner like him into his own to gel on a championship caliber team.

Honestly, I'd go MVP as of now:

1) Harden
2) LeBron
3) Curry
4) A.D.

But Bron is still clearly the best player in the league. And his momentum headed into the second half of the season could help him win the award, unless voter fatigue is still strong. Things can change quick in the MVP race. Last year KD had it sewn up through January, and then Bron had an explosion. If he didn't trail off for a bit, he could've won it again. You're being disingenuous to the context of everything.

LeBron winning MVP in 2011 would've been ridiculous for context reasons. LeBron winning MVP in 2015 would be totally justifiable for contextual reasons.

PejaTheSerbSnip
02-21-2015, 04:42 PM
Huh?

LeBron: 26 ppg, 7 apg, 6 rpg on 49%
Curry: 24 ppg, 8 apg, 5 rpg on 48%
Harden: 27 ppg, 7 apg, 6 rpg on 45%

And LeBron is STILL a better defender than both of those guys. He's been sitting on the bench in numerous fourth quarters or for long stretches due to complete blow outs since his return, and the trades.

A travesty? No one has particularly stood out as clear MVP this season. Golden State is utterly stacked on both sides of the ball. So I don't know why you're exclusively citing Cleveland's roster upgrades.

In Curry's case, the core of his team has been together for sometime ... so they have that in their favor as well. Along with back court mate scores near the same volume a game as him, while being easily the better defender.

Harden is doing his best job to keep a Dwight-less Houston team a float and has looked good doing it ... but his PPG still gets padded by ridiculous amount of foul calls. And he's yet to prove he's that player in the post season when teams D up, and refs swallow the whistle.

Yet this huge Cavalier turnaround, and explosion is to be shrugged off? Still have like half a season to go ... Cleveland will probably finish up as the 2nd seed, unless there is a 2014 Pacers collapse by Atlanta.

James is the best player on the floor, the GM, and the coach. Leading a team that was just put together a few months ago, a rookie NBA coach, and two "superstars" who have only really proven until this point to me Me First stat padding losers who have never played a meaningful NBA game yet (post season) in their entire career yet.

What he's doing this season with them is actually very impressive. As I said, particularly from a leadership stand point. The chemistry on the team looks fantastic, and Love was inconsistently not himself ... and he's even bringing a weirdo loner like him into his own to gel on a championship caliber team.

Honestly, I'd go MVP as of now:

1) Harden
2) LeBron
3) Curry
4) A.D.

But Bron is still clearly the best player in the league. And his momentum headed into the second half of the season could help him win the award, unless voter fatigue is still strong. Things can change quick in the MVP race. Last year KD had it sewn up through January, and then Bron had an explosion. If he didn't trail off for a bit, he could've won it again. You're being disingenuous to the context of everything.

LeBron winning MVP in 2011 would've been ridiculous for context reasons. LeBron winning MVP in 2015 would be totally justifiable for contextual reasons.

Blowouts?

Curry has averaged what lol, 33 minutes a game this year? Yet you think LEBRONS raw stats don't do him justice?

LeBron simply isn't the MVP and its not even close dude. Props to him for turning the Cavs ship around. But Curry and Harden have been better and have played on better teams, in a stronger conference. Their advanced stats (since again, LeBron fans love to parrot analytics) show them to be SO much better that its not even close. And Golden States "stackedness" is offset by LeBron playing in the East. As for Houston, theyve been without Dwight AND without their 3rd best player (oft forgotten), Jones, yet they're still winning 2/3 of their games in the West.

That's game set and match. LeBron has no case. It would be a reputation MVP if there ever was one. His MVP standing gains traction whenever he throws up a vintage 30,9,8 on 60% shooting game, yet whenever he has one of those games where he turns the ball over 8 times and plays casual D and clanks his free throws, it gets glossed over.

JT123
02-21-2015, 04:55 PM
And since July, they've acquired (besides LeBron), Love, Marion, Shumpert, Mozgov, Smith, Marion, Miller and Jones. Let's not act like, say, Harden has had more help. He hasn't, yet his team has been better in an infinitely stronger conference.
:facepalm Marion, Miller, and Jones aren't even good players anymore, and have been out of the rotation for most of the season. Love has arguably been the biggest underachiever in the league this season, and Shumpert, Smith, and Mozgov are nothing more than average role players at best. This is why Lebron is MVP. He has uneducated fans thinking that washed up/average role players are much better than they actually are.