PDA

View Full Version : How many PGs have had better seasons than Steph Curry this year?

Milbuck
02-21-2015, 11:36 PM
Better skill-set, better impact, better eye test, better stats, whatever. Name as many PGs as you can that truly had a single season better than current Steph Curry.

christian1923
02-21-2015, 11:37 PM
Better skill-set, better impact, better eye test, better stats, whatever. Name as many PGs as you can that truly had a single season better than current Steph Curry.
Russell Westbrook

2014-15

Wade's Rings
02-21-2015, 11:38 PM

07-09 CP3.

Roundball_Rock
02-21-2015, 11:38 PM
15' Westbrook, 11' Rose, 08' Paul among this era's PG's.

Milbuck
02-21-2015, 11:39 PM
I'm talking all time. Some are obvious, like Magic, Oscar, CP, etc. But I'm curious where people see Curry right now among some of the other PG greats.

edit: dude deleted his post. well.

plowking
02-21-2015, 11:41 PM
None of the ones mentioned in this thread so far are correct.

None have been able to impact a game the way he does. He stretches the defense out with both his shooting and ability to get to the ring.

At his best on any given night he is better than Paul, Westbrook or Rose have ever been.

Graviton
02-21-2015, 11:43 PM
Honestly as great as he has been, that roster has a lot to do with it. Some nights Klay looks just as good as Curry. Bogut/Lee/Green is an amazing frontcourt, Iggy/Barnes great defensive support on the perimeter. And Kerr coaching all those guys just a bonus. Even when he has a bad shooting night, they still manage to beat most teams. Their defense, passing and inside scoring is elite.

If you put current Curry on the 2011 Bulls with Keith Bogans as his SG, Boozer/Noah missing like 40 games and an average SF like Deng. I doubt he could put up the same numbers as Rose and lead them to 62 wins.

navy
02-21-2015, 11:44 PM
Curry has been better than Westbrook

navy
02-21-2015, 11:47 PM
Honestly as great as he has been, that roster has a lot to do with it. Some nights Klay looks just as good as Curry. Bogut/Lee/Green is an amazing frontcourt, Iggy/Barnes great defensive support on the perimeter. And Kerr coaching all those guys just a bonus. Even when he has a bad shooting night, they still manage to beat most teams. Their defense, passing and inside scoring is elite.

If you put current Curry on the 2011 Bulls with Keith Bogans as his SG, Boozer/Noah missing like 40 games and an average SF like Deng. I doubt he could put up the same numbers as Rose and lead them to 62 wins.
You dont think curry could put up 25/8 with full offense control?

Graviton
02-21-2015, 11:48 PM
None of the ones mentioned in this thread so far are correct.

None have been able to impact a game the way he does. He stretches the defense out with both his shooting and ability to get to the ring.

At his best on any given night he is better than Paul, Westbrook or Rose have ever been.
:biggums:

No way is he better than 2008 Paul, and at his best Westbrook is just as good if not better. Players bring "their best" in the playoffs, and Curry so far hasn't done anything close to what Westbrook did last year, or Paul in 2008.

Lebronxrings
02-21-2015, 11:48 PM
alot. Curry hasn't improved his game much, his team has.

Graviton
02-21-2015, 11:51 PM
You dont think curry could put up 25/8 with full offense control?
He might, but their record wouldn't be anywhere close to 62-20. Not when he has offensively challenged teammates like Bogans, Deng and such. No Klay to bail him out. Warriors haven't dealt with as many injuries as the 2011 Bulls either.

IGOTGAME
02-21-2015, 11:57 PM
Magic
Stockton
Paul
Isaiah
Kidd
Nash
Parker
Payton
Westbrook
Kevin Johnson
penny hardaway

I dont think this team misses a beat with Tim Hardaway, Baron Davis. Mark Price either

juju151111
02-21-2015, 11:59 PM
How is RW having the better regular season.

Milbuck
02-22-2015, 12:01 AM
Magic
Stockton
Paul
Isaiah
Kidd
Nash
Parker
Payton
Westbrook
Kevin Johnson
penny hardaway

I dont think this team misses a beat with Tim Hardaway, Baron Davis. Mark Price either
Ignoring some others on your list, but when was Tony Parker better than current Steph?

SamuraiSWISH
02-22-2015, 12:02 AM
This.

Not many have had the W-L record of GSW, but I remember Kevin Johnson and Tim Hardaway having some absurd seasons in the early 90's. Throw in mid to late 90's Penny.

And I'm sure there are several seasons from Magic, Isiah, Stockton, GP, Kidd, and Nash that rival or were flat out better than what he's doing right now.

sundizz
02-22-2015, 12:04 AM
I don't get the "Curry hasn't done in anything in the playoffs yet" rhetoric. It's nonsense. :facepalm

He has been a beast in the playoffs. He took a bunch of nobodies to the playoffs and dusted off the Nuggets without his All-Star counterpart of that year. Then he pushed the champion Spurs to the brink.

He really doesn't fade in the playoffs at all. Last season the Clips series went to the brink too without Bogut or even Ezeli. They literally had no rim protection against a beast frontline. What more do you expect him to do - guard centers?

Even now...his team is "good". Let's be cereal - they are a bunch of nobodies. This is not like the Spurs with Timmy, Manu and Parker (proven stud). This is people like Harrison Barnes, Draymond Green, and Andrew Bogut. They are deep, but completely unproven. At this point he is the ONLY consistent stat stuffer they have (DLee used to be). Klay can be regarded as such at the end of this season.

Heavincent
02-22-2015, 12:05 AM
There has never been a PG like Steph Curry.

IGOTGAME
02-22-2015, 12:06 AM
I don't get the "Curry hasn't done in anything in the playoffs yet" rhetoric. It's nonsense. :facepalm

He has been a beast in the playoffs. He took a bunch of nobodies to the playoffs and dusted off the Nuggets without his All-Star counterpart of that year. Then he pushed the champion Spurs to the brink.

He really doesn't fade in the playoffs at all. Last season the Clips series went to the brink too without Bogut or even Ezeli. They literally had no rim protection against a beast frontline. What more do you expect him to do - guard centers?

Even now...his team is "good". Let's be cereal - they are a bunch of nobodies. This is not like the Spurs with Timmy, Manu and Parker (proven stud). This is people like Harrison Barnes, Draymond Green, and Andrew Bogut. They are deep, but completely unproven. At this point he is the ONLY consistent stat stuffer they have (DLee used to be). Klay can be regarded as such at the end of this season.

He has the best supporting cast in the league by far. If LeBron or KD had that team then any year they'd lose would be an utter failure.

Jud
02-22-2015, 12:07 AM
There has never been a PG like Steph Curry.
Pete Maravich.

KevinNYC
02-22-2015, 05:09 PM
Tiny Archibald led the league in points and assists one year.

greatest-ever
02-22-2015, 06:31 PM
I'd say Nash from 05-07, Several of Magic's prime seasons, Oscar's peak, and then 08 & 09 Chris Paul. I don't consider West a pg btw.

That's about it, Curry has been excellent.

greatest-ever
02-22-2015, 06:36 PM
Magic
Stockton
Paul
Isaiah
Kidd
Nash
Parker
Payton
Westbrook
Kevin Johnson
penny hardaway

:oldlol:

Really man? Tony Parker has never had a season anywhere near what Curry is doing this year, you have to be drunk if you think that.

ArbitraryWater
02-22-2015, 06:49 PM
Magic
Stockton
Paul
Isaiah
Kidd
Nash
Parker
Payton
Westbrook
Kevin Johnson
penny hardaway

I think we established that any opinion of yours on Curry is null and void when you said 2015 Kobe is better than 2015 Curry.