PDA

View Full Version : There are no national games today (explain this shit to me)

boozehound
02-22-2015, 02:23 PM
So, the sunday after the All Star Game showcase (which had great numbers), the only games on "national" tv are on nba tv? That makes no ****ing sense. Even Hockey has better sunday major network coverage. SMFH SILVER! Get this shit together. As soon as the NFL is over, you need two sunday games on ABC for the rest of the year.

christian1923
02-22-2015, 02:25 PM
ABC Orginally had the Knicks Cavs game but they pulled it to show ice skating,

3peated
02-22-2015, 02:26 PM
knicks lol

guy
02-22-2015, 02:28 PM
I have no idea. Can someone explain to me why the NBA doesn't show national broadcast games i.e. ABC every Sunday? Why do they wait till Xmas, and then wait again until the end of the January? Its never made sense to me. Does the NFL really have that much of a stronghold on everyone that it wouldn't even be worth doing? And if that's the case, do some on Saturday. And its always been this way. Even back during the NBC days when Jordan was playing.

christian1923
02-22-2015, 02:30 PM
I have no idea. Can someone explain to me why the NBA doesn't show national broadcast games i.e. ABC every Sunday? Why do they wait till Xmas, and then wait again until the end of the January? Its never made sense to me. Does the NFL really have that much of a stronghold on everyone that it wouldn't even be worth doing? And if that's the case, do some on Saturday. And its always been this way. Even back during the NBC days when Jordan was playing.
Are you not from America?

NFL is king, not worth it.

DeuceWallaces
02-22-2015, 02:32 PM
Maybe they're skipping this week because of Daytona, the Hockey Day in America thing, and they own the Oscars.

SouBeachTalents
02-22-2015, 02:33 PM

This. An NBA game would get absolutely obliterated in the ratings by the NFL

christian1923
02-22-2015, 02:36 PM
Maybe they're skipping this week because of Daytona, the Hockey Day in America thing, and they own the Oscars.
Na they pulled the cavs game icause the Knicks are awful and no melo

http://nypost.com/2015/02/21/dreadful-knicks-game-pulled-from-abc-in-unprecedented-move/

navy
02-22-2015, 02:37 PM
Knicks

boozehound
02-22-2015, 02:43 PM
This. An NBA game would get absolutely obliterated in the ratings by the NFL
Yeah, I get why they dont do it during nfl season (though I dont really agree, as I would watch NBA over NFL and I bet there is a significant # of diehards who would as well), but against ****ing daytona? and hockey day (that no one cares about? I didnt even know it was said day until flipping through trying to find a game)? and the oscars?

IMO all of those events, except perhaps hockey, appeal to a very different audience than the NBA. If the knicks cavs is a terrible game, flex another game.

ralph_i_el
02-22-2015, 02:45 PM

Everyone should quit watching football because it sucks serious dick. I'm going to start calling it Commercialball

SouBeachTalents
02-22-2015, 02:46 PM
Yeah, I get why they dont do it during nfl season (though I dont really agree, as I would watch NBA over NFL and I bet there is a significant # of diehards who would as well), but against ****ing daytona? and hockey day (that no one cares about? I didnt even know it was said day until flipping through trying to find a game)? and the oscars?

IMO all of those events, except perhaps hockey, appeal to a very different audience than the NBA. If the knicks cavs is a terrible game, flex another game.

I agree, post Super Bowl the NBA should have national games every Sunday. IIRC they used to have double and triple headers on NBC on Sundays

christian1923
02-22-2015, 02:48 PM
Everyone should quit watching football because it sucks serious dick. I'm going to start calling it Commercialball
Gambling, fantasy, and the games mean more.

Plus it's a great game.

chosen_one6
02-22-2015, 02:53 PM
Gambling, fantasy, and the games mean more.

Plus it's a great game.

Watching an NFL game is usually very boring. In 3 hours there is typically only 12 minutes of action. I don't know about you but thats boring as f*ck.

Thank the gods for RedZone.

T_L_P
02-22-2015, 02:55 PM
League Pass >

christian1923
02-22-2015, 02:57 PM
Watching an NFL game is usually very boring. In 3 hours there is typically only 12 minutes of action. I don't know about you but thats boring as f*ck.

Thank the gods for RedZone.
You must not understand the game very well

chosen_one6
02-22-2015, 02:59 PM
You must not understand the game very well

No I understand the strategy of the game. But watching short passes and runs up the middle for 3 yards for the majority of the game is really f*cking boring.

I know it's to set up other plays but its still boring. And yes, not every team plays that way. I know. But not every team is an offensive juggernaut so that's usually how they play.

Roundball_Rock
02-22-2015, 03:07 PM
How can the NBA gain ground if it has only 1, maybe 2, games on network television and only during the final 2 1/2 months or so of the regular season? ABC is a joke. Bring back the NBC tripleheaders. If the NBA wants to grow nationally it should have 2-3 games on network television every weekend. Even when the NFL is playing. Sure, the NFL will kill the NBA but it kills whatever else ABC puts on in lieu of the NBA in December and January too.

boozehound
02-22-2015, 03:49 PM
How can the NBA gain ground if it has only 1, maybe 2, games on network television and only during the final 2 1/2 months or so of the regular season? ABC is a joke. Bring back the NBC tripleheaders. If the NBA wants to grow nationally it should have 2-3 games on network television every weekend. Even when the NFL is playing. Sure, the NFL will kill the NBA but it kills whatever else ABC puts on in lieu of the NBA in December and January too.
I tend to agree. I think they should have Saturday and Sunday games (maybe just 2) the whole season. Sure, there are national cable games every week, but they are way too late for kids/family. Having such an erratic schedule is bad news, as no one can count on it.

imdaman99
02-22-2015, 04:17 PM
They are showing Hockey games + college bball games, golf + figure skating. NBA stay losing.

sportjames23
02-22-2015, 04:25 PM
I agree, post Super Bowl the NBA should have national games every Sunday. IIRC they used to have double and triple headers on NBC on Sundays

Exactly.

sportsfan76
02-22-2015, 04:26 PM
Let me find out the reason is the NFL Combine is the reason why there are no ABC games today

I would rather old fat ugly lady sit on my face than watch one second of the NFL Combine

sportjames23
02-22-2015, 04:30 PM

One of the few times you'll see me agreeing with this dude.

boozehound
02-22-2015, 04:41 PM
They are showing Hockey games + college bball games, golf + figure skating. NBA stay losing.
I dont think many of those would actually impact the viewership. Besides, if the schedule isnt consistent, then no one remembers to turn it on.

ILLsmak
02-22-2015, 04:53 PM
I dont think many of those would actually impact the viewership. Besides, if the schedule isnt consistent, then no one remembers to turn it on.

mad college bball on nowadays. There is a divide between college bball and nba fans, too. Even I would say I prefer college. The other shit, tho, shouldn't matter.

I mean I can can watch an NBA and a college game at the same time, or at least catch parts of each during commercials/halftime.

It is kind of a dead time in the NBA, I guess... they should find a way to keep momentum until the playoffs after the ASG but I dunno if they can yet. They might need to work up to it.

-Smak

sportsfan76
02-22-2015, 05:58 PM
mad college bball on nowadays. There is a divide between college bball and nba fans, too. Even I would say I prefer college. The other shit, tho, shouldn't matter.

I mean I can can watch an NBA and a college game at the same time, or at least catch parts of each during commercials/halftime.

It is kind of a dead time in the NBA, I guess... they should find a way to keep momentum until the playoffs after the ASG but I dunno if they can yet. They might need to work up to it.

-Smak

I know there are no ABC games on Sunday in March due to that Tournament bullsh*T but I was not expecting no NBA games today

Funnyfuka
02-22-2015, 07:57 PM
what i hate more is when they have like 3 or 4 GREAT games ...the same evening....and you cant watch them all!

followed by a week or two of shitty games.

UK2K
02-22-2015, 08:42 PM
Nugs/Thunder are on something.

I saw it browsing the TV guide.

sportsfan76
02-22-2015, 08:44 PM
Nugs/Thunder are on something.

I saw it browsing the TV guide.

NBATV

Joyner82reload
02-22-2015, 08:48 PM
Cleveland-Knicks were planned, but that was going to be a blowout so they decided not to air it. ABC/ESPN doesn't care about the hardcore fan, they're in it for the casual fan because that's where the get ratings. Airing blowouts is bad for ABC as it turns off the casual fan from watching future games on ABC Sundays, just like a person watching a TV show would get a bad opinion if it's a terrible episode and might veer away from watching it in the future.

Also the Oscar's are on tonight, which is all ABC really cares about.

sportsfan76
02-22-2015, 08:50 PM
Cleveland-Knicks were planned, but that was going to be a blowout so they decided not to air it. ABC/ESPN doesn't care about the hardcore fan, they're in it for the casual fan because that's where the get ratings. Airing blowouts is bad for ABC as it turns off the casual fan from watching future games on ABC Sunday's, just like a person watching a TV show would get a bad opinion if it's a terrible episode and might veer away from watching it in the future.

Also the Oscar's are on tonight, which is all ABC really cares about.

Knicks should have 0 national games next season