PDA

View Full Version : 30 years old LeBron James passes Allen Iverson on all time scoring list

k0kakw0rld
02-22-2015, 04:27 PM
Kid is a monster

I am witnessing :bowdown: the KING

Lebron23
02-22-2015, 04:33 PM
http://i.minus.com/iGjG7gvheILHM.gif

http://ocnnreport.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/bron-ai.jpg

Joyner82reload
02-22-2015, 04:36 PM
This thread is stupid. They've both played almost the same amount of career games and their scoring average is separated by .6 ppg. And at age 30, Iverson was averaging .7 more ppg for his career

ImKobe
02-22-2015, 04:37 PM
7-17 shooting 18/7/7 4 TOs against the lowly Knicks, both Irving & Love played better

from MVP in Miami to a 2nd/3rd string player in Cleveland :kobe:

Even Harden > Bran this season.

Mr.Kite
02-22-2015, 04:38 PM
in 3 years hes gonna take jordan

ZMonkey11
02-22-2015, 04:39 PM
This thread is stupid. They've both played almost the same amount of career games and their scoring average is separated by .6 ppg. And at age 30, Iverson was averaging .7 more ppg for his career

The irony is you state that 0.6 ppg doesn't matter. Then you go on and state Iverson averaged 0.7 ppg more.

Sooooo...does it matter or not man?

Lebron23
02-22-2015, 04:40 PM
7-17 shooting 18/7/7 4 TOs against the lowly Knicks, both Irving & Love played better

I hope you are joking. He only played 27.55 minutes.

Lebron23
02-22-2015, 04:43 PM

How about the FG%??

Joyner82reload
02-22-2015, 04:44 PM
How about the FG%??

Shaq=GOAT scorer then

JT123
02-22-2015, 04:46 PM
How many rings for Iverson by age 30? :confusedshrug:

JT123
02-22-2015, 04:48 PM

[B]The Lakers are 14 points per 100 possessions better with Kobe off the court this season than they are with Kobe on the court. Among all players with at least 1,000 minutes this season, only Kobe's teammate Jordan Hill has had a more negative effect on his team's production than Bryant himself.

Kobe ranks among the worst players in the league this season in a number of categories:

Lebron23
02-22-2015, 04:50 PM
Shaq=GOAT scorer then

Prime Shaq was one of the best scorers of all time. He was just injury prone, and missed plenty of games.

BigTicket
02-22-2015, 04:51 PM
Lebron will pass a lot of people next year, he could reach the top 10 alltime at age 31.

ImKobe
02-22-2015, 04:56 PM
[QUOTE=JT123][B]The Lakers are 14 points per 100 possessions better with Kobe off the court this season than they are with Kobe on the court. Among all players with at least 1,000 minutes this season, only Kobe's teammate Jordan Hill has had a more negative effect on his team's production than Bryant himself.

Kobe ranks among the worst players in the league this season in a number of categories:

Mr Feeny
02-22-2015, 05:06 PM
comparing a 36 yr old Kobe playing on a torn rotator cuff after only playing 6 games in 18 months due to Achilles and Knee injury to a prime Lebron.

Pathetic.

You're right. 37%fg is pathetic.
Being the 416th best defender in the league is pathetic.
Shooting like a blind man is pathetic
:applause:

ImKobe
02-22-2015, 05:08 PM
You're right. 37%fg is pathetic.
Being the 416th best defender in the league is pathetic.
Shooting like a blind man is pathetic
:applause:

He played with a shoulder injury ALL YEAR after playing 6 games in 18 months due to two serious lower body injuries

can't believe idiots like you are allowed to roam free here

Lebron23
02-22-2015, 05:12 PM
Lebron will pass a lot of people next year, he could reach the top 10 alltime at age 31.

True

Mr Feeny
02-22-2015, 05:35 PM
He played with a shoulder injury ALL YEAR after playing 6 games in 18 months due to two serious lower body injuries

can't believe idiots like you are allowed to roam free here

His problem. Why is jacking brick after brick and taking that many shots if he's "injured"?
37%fg. Remember that. Not a surprise from a man who's never been able to hit 47%fg for a season even ONCE in his career.
Well and truly pathetic:applause:

SexSymbol
02-22-2015, 05:54 PM
I want to be excited.. but Iverson isn't even a top 50 All-Time great imo.
motherfu...

Lebron23
02-22-2015, 05:54 PM
I want to be excited.. but Iverson isn't even a top 50 All-Time great imo.

Top 35

Roundball_Rock
02-22-2015, 06:03 PM
Top 35

He is hurt by his poor longevity and not being a force on defense but AI is one of the greatest scorers this game has ever seen. :bowdown: I agree, AI is top 30-35 all-time.

Roundball_Rock
02-22-2015, 06:08 PM
Are you seriously going to tell me Iverson is above guys like Paul Pierce, Ray Allen, Pau Gasol, Tony Parker, Dwight Howard etc etc..

Yes. Pierce, Allen, Gasol, Parker were never MVP-caliber players. Howard was--but that was for a brief period. Peak AI>all those players as does prime AI. AI is held down in all-time rankings due to poor longevity and poor team success. Yeah, they got to the Finals in 01' but AI never got past the 2nd round in any other year.

rzp
02-22-2015, 06:11 PM
Shaq=GOAT scorer then

Why not?

Springsteen
02-22-2015, 06:38 PM
Chris Paul (even though I'm not a fan of this chump, he's better than AI)

:no:

Iverson actually made the finals, let alone the conference finals with a weak supporting cast and single-handedly took it to Kobe/Prime Shaq breaking their 19-game winning streak.

Chris Paul has never made a conference final in his career.

No_Look604
02-22-2015, 07:38 PM
And LBJ also came straight out of high school, not to mention Iverson is about the same size as Martin Lawrence, what's your point?

BTW, that Lebron GIF made me puke a little in my mouth. Is he for real?
What a nerd he is.

lilteapot
02-22-2015, 07:53 PM
And LBJ also came straight out of high school, not to mention Iverson is about the same size as Martin Lawrence, what's your point?

BTW, that Lebron GIF made me puke a little in my mouth. Is he for real?
What a nerd he is.
This doesn't matter when you take into consideration Lebron got there on about 3000 less shots.

Beastmode88
02-22-2015, 07:59 PM

jordan has 6 rings.. lebron has 2.. if lebron can win 3 rings in 3 years he'll still only have 5 rings.

Mr.Kite
02-22-2015, 08:00 PM
jordan has 6 rings.. lebron has 2.. if lebron can win 3 rings in 3 years he'll still only have 5 rings.
:facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

this thread is about the scoring list

SamuraiSWISH
02-22-2015, 08:15 PM
He is hurt by his poor longevity and not being a force on defense but AI is one of the greatest scorers this game has ever seen. :bowdown: I agree, AI is top 30-35 all-time.
Poor longevity? 1999 - 2008 was a solid decade of being between top five to top ten player in the game. Not a force on defense? He couldn't stop people on ball, but he racked up crazy amounts of steals in his career.

Roundball_Rock
02-22-2015, 08:39 PM
Poor longevity? 1999 - 2008 was a solid decade of being between top five to top ten player in the game. Not a force on defense? He couldn't stop people on ball, but he racked up crazy amounts of steals in his career.

He had longevity in the sense of being an elite player for a long time but he lacks it in how it ended. Iverson was out the league altogether by age 34--and he played only 1/3 of that season.

SamuraiSWISH
02-22-2015, 09:01 PM
He had longevity in the sense of being an elite player for a long time but he lacks it in how it ended. Iverson was out the league altogether by age 34--and he played only 1/3 of that season.
His body gave out seemingly over night, after a decade of being a dominant scoring guard @ 5'11 in a physical league. Countless injuries. Coupled with an unwillingness to change his mentality ... was then black balled from the league.

To say he had poor longevity however is just one of the laundry list of stupid things you have said today. Such as:

1987 Jordan being the best version of MJ, and Harden being close to Jordan as a scorer.

Roundball_Rock
02-22-2015, 09:07 PM
:lol Come on. We clash all the time but don't distort what I said. MJ's peak years were 1991-1993 and Harden is nowhere near MJ as a scorer. What I did say was MJ averaged 37 ppg, his best scoring season, on a bad team. He scored less during his peak because his team improved--which is largely why they went from first round fodder to champions. What I said about Harden is MJ would not score 30% more than Harden today.

You love playing the Chicago card. Let me play the Philadelphia card and return the favor. I watched Iverson's entire career. He remains well-remembered around here to this day but he fell off fast. He was a shell by 33 and a barely a starter by 34. That is unusual. How many all-time greats, barring injury, had that occur? One measure of longevity is simply how long they could play at a decent level. Iverson could not even start in this league by 33, at least not on a good team.

Iverson is top 30 all-time in my book. If you look strictly at peak/prime play he is higher still.

Dragonyeuw
02-22-2015, 09:34 PM
The weird thing about Iverson's decline is he averaged 26 and 7 on 46% shooting at 33. He literally fell off the cliff a year later at 34- very abrupt dropoff.

SamuraiSWISH
02-22-2015, 09:37 PM
The weird thing about Iverson's decline is he averaged 26 and 7 on 46% shooting at 33. He literally fell off the cliff a year later at 34- very abrupt dropoff.
Rumors were he became a heavy drinker late in his NBA career.

Joyner82reload
02-22-2015, 09:40 PM

LeBron is 8,000 points shy of Jordan

Let's say LeBron plays 75 games per season including another 25 this season. That's 250 games over the next 4 seasons including this one. If he averages 25.0 ppg, that would put LeBron at 6250 points. He would still be 1800 points shy of Jordan and that's assuming LeBron suffers no serious injuries/decline.

Conclusion: There is no way in hell he reaches Jordan in 3 years

305Baller
02-22-2015, 09:47 PM
LeBron. Top 10 all-time.

Cold soul
02-22-2015, 10:16 PM
That's crazy impressive by Lebron good accomplishment and he's only 30 years old.

Lebron23
02-23-2015, 03:47 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7k-dyDQJS8

LeBron James Passes Allen Iverson on All-Time Scoring List

pauk
02-23-2015, 04:19 PM

He played what, 2 quarters... not bad... nothing more needed to be done, "lowly" Knicks afterall.... had he continued & going ham you would be complaining about statpadding instead...

Smoke117
02-23-2015, 04:23 PM

Because steals equate to good defense. Iverson was a terrible defensive player who would routinely screw up everyone else by his constant gambling.

J Shuttlesworth
02-23-2015, 04:24 PM

Someone clearly didn't watch the game. He had 12/4 in the first and the game was basically already put away with a 19 pt lead after 1. Love/Kyrie made their biggest contributions when the game was already put away. If LeBron had done what Kyrie/Love did, people would say it's "Statpadding" :facepalm

ImKobe
02-23-2015, 04:26 PM
Someone clearly didn't watch the game. He had 12/4 in the first and the game was basically already put away with a 19 pt lead after 1. Love/Kyrie made their biggest contributions when the game was already put away. If LeBron had done what Kyrie/Love did, people would say it's "Statpadding" :facepalm

So in other words, he had no impact on the game. Got it.

J Shuttlesworth
02-23-2015, 04:29 PM
Seriously? Is your reading comprehension that low?

J Shuttlesworth
02-23-2015, 04:29 PM

Mr Feeny
02-23-2015, 04:32 PM

Pretty much.

ImKobe
02-23-2015, 04:36 PM

With the way the rest of the team was balling, his medicore stat line had no effect on the outcome of the game. He's a DNP and they still win.

Please tell me that's not true.

Mr Feeny
02-23-2015, 04:38 PM
With the way the rest of the team was balling, his medicore stat line had no effect on the outcome of the game. He's a DNP and they still win.

Passed Kobe in assists last night at the mere age of 30 having played hundreds of less games:bowdown:

ImKobe
02-23-2015, 04:39 PM
Passed Kobe in assists last night at the mere age of 30 having played hundreds of less games:bowdown:

So you agree.

J Shuttlesworth
02-23-2015, 04:41 PM

How did the Cavs do when LBJ was DNP for two weeks this year?

But you're still proving you didn't watch the game or understand what I said.

LeBron's effort in the first led to a 19 pt blowout. 12 pts 4 assists, 5/6 shooting, and 3 of those assists were to open 3 point shooters. So if you took off his numbers, the Knicks would have had a 2 pt lead. Yes a 19 pt blowout in 1 quarter. He didn't have to put any effort into the rest of the game because the Knicks are too horrible to catch up from that big of a deficit. 16/6 and 2 steals in the first half put the game away. If you think that doesn't effect the outcome of the game, you have no idea what you're talking about

FLDFSU
02-23-2015, 04:41 PM

I like how you stop responding when he pointed out to you why Kobe was still taking so many shots even while you claimed he was injured.

Brilliant side-stepping there.

ImKobe
02-23-2015, 04:43 PM
I like how you stop responding when he pointed out to you why Kobe was still taking so many shots even while you claimed he was injured.

Brilliant side-stepping there.

Kobe was injured, go look it up.

Problem was that this team didn't have enough talent, but Kobe wanted to prove that he could still do what he did in 2013. Obviously it backfired and he gave up on it after he passed MJ in points.

Mr Feeny
02-23-2015, 04:45 PM
Kobe was injured, go look it up.

Problem was that this team didn't have enough talent, but Kobe wanted to prove that he could still do what he did in 2013. Obviously it backfired and he gave up on it after he passed MJ in points.So he failed and everyone of us who predicted he would are prophets?

Great:applause:

ImKobe
02-23-2015, 04:45 PM
How did the Cavs do when LBJ was DNP for two weeks this year?

But you're still proving you didn't watch the game or understand what I said.

LeBron's effort in the first led to a 19 pt blowout. 12 pts 4 assists, 5/6 shooting, and 3 of those assists were to open 3 point shooters. So if you took off his numbers, the Knicks would have had a 2 pt lead. Yes a 19 pt blowout in 1 quarter. He didn't have to put any effort into the rest of the game because the Knicks are too horrible to catch up from that big of a deficit. 16/6 and 2 steals in the first half put the game away. If you think that doesn't effect the outcome of the game, you have no idea what you're talking about

lol if you think for a second that the Knicks would have come close to winning the game if Lebron hadn't played.

J Shuttlesworth
02-23-2015, 04:48 PM
lol if you think for a second that the Knicks would have come close to winning the game if Lebron hadn't played.
It's the ****ing Knicks, but to say LBJ had no impact on the game is simply retarded. Take off the homer glasses for a second

ImKobe
02-23-2015, 04:49 PM
So he failed and everyone of us who predicted he would are prophets?

Great:applause:

No. He could still play like his old self on given nights, just not as consistently due to loss in athleticism + the lack of help made it even harder for him to score 30 points a night.

He was leading the league in scoring in like the first 20 games he played, so obviously he could still put up points. He dropped 44 on the Warriors, he dropped a 30-point triple double on a team that was #1 in the East at that time and is still top 3, played really well and won on the road against Atlanta with a clutch performance, he had another triple double, he had a career high in assists and played lockdown defense in crunch time against Lebron, who made like 1 out of 4 shots while being guarded by Kobe, needing screens to get by him :oldlol:

Mr Feeny
02-23-2015, 04:49 PM
It's the ****ing Knicks, but to say LBJ had no impact on the game is simply retarded. Take off the homer glasses for a second

No homer glasses. He just doesn't understand basketball.

Mr Feeny
02-23-2015, 04:50 PM
No. He could still play like his old self on given nights, just not as consistently due to loss in athleticism + the lack of help made it even harder for him to score 30 points a night.

He was leading the league in scoring in like the first 20 games he played, so obviously he could still put up points. He dropped 44 on the Warriors, he dropped a 30-point triple double on a team that was #1 in the East at that time and is still top 3, played really well and won on the road against Atlanta with a clutch performance, he had another triple double, he had a career high in assists and played lockdown defense in crunch time against Lebron, who made like 1 out of 4 shots while being guarded by Kobe, needing screens to get by him :oldlol:

What was he shooting, genius?

ImKobe
02-23-2015, 04:51 PM

He didn't because the Knicks would have lost regardless. He put his stamp on the box score, but it didn't really matter. He still performed woefully against one of the top 3 worst teams in the league. He started out 2-2 and went 5-15 the rest of the way, ouch.

FLDFSU
02-23-2015, 04:52 PM

I am not that particularly fond of Kobe, but at least I give him credit where it is due.

You are really trying to sit up here and say that Lebron had no impact on that game?

When you say stuff like that it makes it easier for people to just ignore any future points you make no matter how valid they may be.

Why don't you save the Lebron hate for when he is actually less impactful...like when he turns 39...

lilteapot
02-23-2015, 04:53 PM
He didn't because the Knicks would have lost regardless. He put his stamp on the box score, but it didn't really matter. He still performed woefully against one of the top 3 worst teams in the league. He started out 2-2 and went 5-15 the rest of the way, ouch.
What a simplistic way to look at it. Of course, what do you expect from a ****ing simple bitch like you.

Mr Feeny
02-23-2015, 04:53 PM

Oooh we are talking about shooting percentages:applause:
Nice. How's Mr 37%fg?:applause:

ImKobe
02-23-2015, 04:54 PM
What was he shooting, genius?

He had some good/respectable shooting nights, but when his shot was off, it was just bad.

I can still give you a top 10 of his best games from this season, and that list wouldn't look too shabby for a guy his age.

J Shuttlesworth
02-23-2015, 04:55 PM
He didn't take it to the paint after the first quarter because the game was over. It's called coasting, which you can do against the Knicks. But LBJ was the difference between the starters having to play 3 quarters vs the starters having to play 4 quarters. And LBJ obviously has a big impact on the game with his play making, and anyone who saw the game would understand that. His impact goes beyond the stat sheet. Thanks to LeBron, Kyrie/Love were able to get plenty of rest in the 2nd half

ImKobe
02-23-2015, 04:58 PM
What a simplistic way to look at it. Of course, what do you expect from a ****ing simple bitch like you.

I am not that particularly fond of Kobe, but at least I give him credit where it is due.

You are really trying to sit up here and say that Lebron had no impact on that game?

When you say stuff like that it makes it easier for people to just ignore any future points you make no matter how valid they may be.

Why don't you save the Lebron hate for when he is actually less impactful...like when he turns 39...

Didn't think I'd rustle so many jimmies at once :oldlol:

Let's address it one by one:

Don't know what you want me to say here after that insult, but I guess all of you agree that the Knicks would have lost if he hadn't played, that's a given.

He really didn't have that much impact. Like I said, if he was a DNP, no problem for the Cavs. JR was ballin', Irving shot well, Love owned the glass, it wasn't even close. Knicks struggled scoring and couldn't defend anyone as usual. Look at their starting line-up from that game.

So we're comparing a prime Lebron playing on a stacked team to a hurt 36 y.o Kobe that came back from two season-ending injuries on one of the worst rosters in the league? ok.

Mr Feeny
02-23-2015, 05:03 PM

Don't know what you want me to say here after that insult, but I guess all of you agree that the Knicks would have lost if he hadn't played, that's a given.

He really didn't have that much impact. Like I said, if he was a DNP, no problem for the Cavs. JR was ballin', Irving shot well, Love owned the glass, it wasn't even close. Knicks struggled scoring and couldn't defend anyone as usual. Look at their starting line-up from that game.

So we're comparing a prime Lebron playing on a stacked team to a hurt 36 y.o Kobe that came back from two season-ending injuries on one of the worst rosters in the league? ok.

We're actually comparing a Kobe who was convinced he's the top 2 guard in the league in the preseason with any bench player in the NBA. And he's shooting worse than almost any player in the entire league.

Bench players and scrubs shoot better than this. If he wants an excuse and cwies abawt his injuwy then he shouldn't be taking so many shots. 37%fg is just delicious. That will never be forgotten when people talk about Kobe Bryant career after retirment:rockon:

mehyaM24
02-23-2015, 05:05 PM
crazy.. scoring isn't even his best attribute. it's his leadership, playmaking and versatility on defense.

master of all trades, jack in none. :eek:

lilteapot
02-23-2015, 05:08 PM

Of course you don't know what to say, you're a simpleton like I said. We're not saying that they wouldn't have lost, but to deny his impact because he started chucking and decreased his FG% when they were up 20 is retarded for obvious reasons. He pushed the pace early, got transition buckets, and he started the game out with a deflection and a dunk off the break. He helped set the tone. Of course if your dumbass watched the game you would know that.

Mr Feeny
02-23-2015, 05:13 PM
Of course you don't know what to say, you're a simpleton like I said. We're not saying that they wouldn't have lost, but to deny his impact because he started chucking and decreased his FG% when they were up 20 is retarded for obvious reasons. He pushed the pace early, got transition buckets, and he started the game out with a deflection and a dunk off the break. He helped set the tone. Of course if your dumbass watched the game you would know that.

take is easy on the kid. He doesn't understand basketball.

chosen_one6
02-23-2015, 05:14 PM
Holy shit, "ImKobe" is living up to his moniker. Throwing up brick after brick in each subsequent post. He's delusional like his gawd too.

ImKobe
02-23-2015, 05:15 PM

Ok so basically you have nothing to retort with.

Yeah he started the game off well, and it was actually close in the beginning when Lebron started out well. He played poorly the rest of the way but other guys picked up the slack.

ShawkFactory
02-23-2015, 05:18 PM

Yeah he started the game off well, and it was actually close in the beginning when Lebron started out well. He played poorly the rest of the way but other guys picked up the slack.
Wait, the Cavs didn't have a 20 point lead in the first quarter?! SHAWKING!

lilteapot
02-23-2015, 05:25 PM

James Driving Slam Dunk Shot: Made (8 PTS) 01:17
[CLE 32-13]
00:33.0 Acy Foul: Shooting (1 PF) (2 FTA)
James Free Throw 1 of 2 (9 PTS) 00:33.0
[CLE 33-17]
James Free Throw 2 of 2 Missed 00:33.0
00:31.9 Early Rebound (Off:0 Def:1)
00:16.9 Hardaway Jr. 3pt Shot: Missed
Thompson Rebound (Off:0 Def:1) 00:14.9
James 3pt Shot: Made (12 PTS) 00:00.8
[CLE 36-17]

****ing idiot :roll:

GOBB
02-23-2015, 06:46 PM
Cant believe he's 30.

sammichoffate
02-23-2015, 06:50 PM
We're actually comparing a Kobe who was convinced he's the top 2 guard in the league in the preseason with any bench player in the NBA. And he's shooting worse than almost any player in the entire league.

Bench players and scrubs shoot better than this. If he wants an excuse and cwies abawt his injuwy then he shouldn't be taking so many shots. 37%fg is just delicious. That will never be forgotten when people talk about Kobe Bryant career after retirment:rockon:Only fgts like you and that parasite JT will care because FG% is like Lebron's dick to both of you, you both can't stop clinging to it.

Keno
02-23-2015, 08:03 PM
greatest of all time in a few years.