PDA

View Full Version : 2014-2015 will go down as a changing of the guard period

Duderonomy
02-22-2015, 05:16 PM
The all star game showcased a many new stars like Klay Thompson, Teague, etc.
And if the Spurs don't repeat we will have a completely new championship team. Whether its the Cavs, Warriors, Thunder, Bulls, Hawks or Clippers.

The last time I remember a season having this much buzz was in 2004-5 when Shaq went to the East and the Suns and Sonics came out of nowhere winning with small ball.

Duderonomy
02-22-2015, 08:18 PM
Really nobody else is feeling this way?
Lillard,Wall,Curry,Irving, Lowry, Klay, Drummond, Teague, Butler, Davis isn't an impressed sign of the new stars of this generation?

No clear cut favorite going into the playoffs.

AirBourne92
02-22-2015, 08:20 PM
they are all good but they aren't nearly as talented as the stars back in 2000

and these wannabes spend too much time on instagram and twitter

lillard is notoriously known for being an internet philosopher

rather than breaking his back and sacrificing time to be exceptionally great, he just wants to talk about it on social media

these guys are just great for marketing their own brand

look at anthony davis for example (btw if there is 1 guy that i think has incredible potential its him), that unibrow is all for money

klay is good but somewhat overrated.

he is a 2 way player but not a complete offensive lethal weapon i expect to see.

i swear players like tmac kobe and vince ruined everything

they spoiled us

standards are too high, and players are too ***** these days

embersyc
02-22-2015, 08:23 PM
I do like that there is no clear favorite this year.

Atlanta and Golden State running away with the number 1 seeds, but I'd be shocked if either team made the finals.

LONGTIME
02-22-2015, 08:24 PM

and these wannabes spend too much time on instagram and twitter

lillard is notoriously known for being an internet philosopher

rather than breaking his back and sacrificing time to be exceptionally great, he just wants to talk about it on social media

these guys are just great for marketing their own brand

look at anthony davis for example (btw if there is 1 guy that i think has incredible potential its him), that unibrow is all for money

he is a 2 way player but not a complete offensive lethal weapon i expect to see.

they spoiled us

standards are too high, and players are too ***** these days

:biggums:

Duderonomy
02-22-2015, 08:51 PM

they spoiled us

standards are too high, and players are too ***** these daysI'm not sure what to make of this mess of a post.
Well Kobe,Duncan, Lebron, and Shaq all being top 15 talents all around the same time is very impressive.
Winning championships will make you a legend , your team only has to play better than the competition.
Look at Russell Wilson being the new face of NFL. He's nothing special but if you win you become a marketable star.

Rooster
02-22-2015, 09:14 PM
I'm not sure what to make of this mess of a post.
Well Kobe,Duncan, Lebron, and Shaq all being top 15 talents all around the same time is very impressive.
Winning championships will make you a legend , your team only has to play better than the competition.
Look at Russell Wilson being the new face of NFL. He's nothing special but if you win you become a marketable star.

You know since Jordan retired, each of those 4 players you named played in NBA finals every year.

SamuraiSWISH
02-22-2015, 09:18 PM
When MJ left, it took some time but Kobe's emergence in 2003 lessened the blow. LeBron's ascent from 2006 - 2008 was a worthy player to the throne. Watching this year's ASG ... beyond LeBron, lesser extent Chris Paul none of their games really do much for me.

Kyrie sometimes, but his play has never been condusive to being a winner on the pro level.

Those other guys (MJ / Kobe / LeBron) had the skill, athleticism, competitiveness, personality, and ability to defend that puts them on another level. Harden, Westbrook, Curry, Lillard, Klay Thompson haha ... I'm not super impressed.