PDA

View Full Version : GOBB is a Sam Hinkie-stan

hawkfan
02-22-2015, 07:49 PM
http://www.csnphilly.com/basketball-philadelphia-76ers/sixers-general-manager-sam-hinkie-explains-trade-deadline-frenzy

Dude will defend Hinkie's bizarre moves in a way that makes Kobe-stans jealous.

navy
02-22-2015, 07:51 PM
MKW and Jrue Holiday arent point guards for the future. If you have free licence on your team to make a legit starting core you trade them away when the opportunity arises.

chocolatethunder
02-22-2015, 07:57 PM
I don't know why you would want a PG who is 45th in PER among point guards leading your team. He's turnover prone and forces passes and can't shoot. He's a good defender but I've seen all his games and he's just not getting better. Watch the games. The overwhelming majority of sports writers in philly and radio hosts/journalists support this move. As did grant land and ESPN. Watch his games.

IGOTGAME
02-22-2015, 08:02 PM
MKW and Jrue Holiday arent point guards for the future. If you have free licence on your team to make a legit starting core you trade them away when the opportunity arises.

its gets to a point where you wonder who will eventually be the guy? As of now, the only piece he has is an injured Embiid. That is an amazing piece but he has nothing else besides Embiid and capspace.

Noel is nothing special and MCW is gone for a pick 2016 draft most likely.

Also, this seems like a poisonous environment to develop players in...wonder when they will actually attempt to win games instead of whispering that its against the plan. As a player, it would like playing on a summer league team.

navy
02-22-2015, 08:04 PM
its gets to a point where you wonder who will eventually be the guy. As of now, the only piece he has is an injured Embiid. That is an amazing piece but he has nothing else besides Embiid and capspace.

They have stockpiled draft picks right?

IF they cant find one in the next two drafts, then they can trade/buy one or whatever pieces they need.

No reason to stick with mediocre core when you arent contending.

Marchesk
02-22-2015, 08:06 PM
its gets to a point where you wonder who will eventually be the guy? As of now, the only piece he has is an injured Embiid. That is an amazing piece but he has nothing else besides Embiid and capspace.

Someone out of the 17 picks, perhaps? I would rather my team be in total rebuild mode with lots of picks and cap space as opposed to trying to get the 8th seed in the East. The goal is to field a contender at some point, not be marginally decent.

And you're probably going to have to wait Lebron out anyways.

el gringos
02-22-2015, 08:11 PM
Already making plans for THON

In reality, the best way to tank is by using minor league talent guards. It's how the Nugs got Carmelo way back when. Your front court guys need time to develop and as long as you don't have real nba guards they have that time without winning.

Can't wait to watch them draft foreign players they don't want coming over this season.

Too bad wroten is hurt, would have liked to see him play w an nba team somewhere

chocolatethunder
02-22-2015, 08:17 PM

Also, this seems like a poisonous environment to develop players in...wonder when they will actually attempt to win games instead of whispering that its against the plan. As a player, it would like playing on a summer league team.
To the contrary. My friend was on their summer league team and said it was great and that everyone enjoyed their time there and all got lots of attention one on one for development. The atmosphere is quite positive and Brett Brown himself would work with him one on one which is very rare. Head coaches rarely work one on one with players after practice.

Yes MCW is gone and he's not that good. He is 45th in per for PGs . That is pathetic. He's not a good dribbler he forced passes and is a turnover machine. He led the team in shots attempted and is an abysmal shooter. Getting a lottery pick for him is great.

SwishSquared
02-22-2015, 08:21 PM
It's been hinted that Hinkie will combine some assets to aggressively acquire another top pick this year. He's stockpiled picks now so he can begin to reload. Do people realize that they had few draft picks (relatively speaking) and no franchise cornerstones when he took the job? He's going to have over $30M in cap space this summer, a good chance of having 3 first rounders, 5 second round picks (including two in 35-37 range), and Saric to use as assets. When an ownership group gives you carte blanche to completely rebuild, why not exercise that freedom?

GOBB
02-22-2015, 08:22 PM
http://s2.postimg.org/eosz9j24p/boss.jpg

Nuff said. :pimp:

IGOTGAME
02-22-2015, 08:25 PM
To the contrary. My friend was on their summer league team and said it was great and that everyone enjoyed their time there and all got lots of attention one on one for development. The atmosphere is quite positive and Brett Brown himself would work with him one on one which is very rare. Head coaches rarely work one on one with players after practice.

Yes MCW is gone and he's not that good. He is 45th in per for PGs . That is pathetic. He's not a good dribbler he forced passes and is a turnover machine. He led the team in shots attempted and is an abysmal shooter. Getting a lottery pick for him is great.

Not gonna pretend like I watch the 76ers, there is no reason to. I hope this is correct because I'm a huge Embiid fan and I'd like to see him on a functioning team so he doesn't pick up bad habits.

chocolatethunder
02-22-2015, 08:44 PM
Not gonna pretend like I watch the 76ers, there is no reason to. I hope this is correct because I'm a huge Embiid fan and I'd like to see him on a functioning team so he doesn't pick up bad habits.
It is true. If you're around their program at all like if you go to a game early and watch guys shooting around you'll see it. Brown is a super positive guy and the whole staff is great. the fact of the matter is is that MCW is not a great PG and isn't going to be. He's a decent player but that's it. He's a good rebounder and a very good defender but watch him play. His decisions are awful and he's a terrible shooter. I'm pretty sure the Sixers pace is high and that inflates his numbers. If you watched him play you would know. He has not gotten any better offensively. Hinkie said that they are always looking to improve and looking for a chance to have a really special player and a lottery pick gives them a greater chance. MCW is not and will not be a great player. Both Mudiay and Russell are younger and have a chance to be much better than MCW.