PDA

View Full Version : OKC fans, are you concerned about Durant?

KirbyPls
02-22-2015, 10:57 PM
Not trying to troll, but I would like to take the temperature of you all regarding the foot.

christian1923
02-22-2015, 10:58 PM
As an NBA fan, I'm concerned.

Lebronxrings
02-22-2015, 11:00 PM
nope. Westbrook can finally lead the team and everyone won't be a spot up shooter :rockon:

dubeta
02-22-2015, 11:01 PM
Not really, team looks fine tbh

Fudge
02-22-2015, 11:03 PM
Yes, of course. The best player in the world missing time will always be a concern for any fan. Foot issues tend to linger as well.

Luckily there's still a good 2 months until the playoffs, so we good. We stay winning.

CP343
02-22-2015, 11:03 PM
If Durant and Westbrook switch roles, then the Thunder should be fine.

aj1987
02-22-2015, 11:04 PM
This. Hope he doesn't go the route of Walton and Ming.

Foot injuries are ******y in nature. :facepalm

SOD 21
02-22-2015, 11:05 PM
Any OKC fan or general NBA fan should be concerned about his ongoing injury issues this year ranging from his broken bone in his foot, sprained ankle, sprained toe, and then yet another set back that required another procedure today.

Hopefully, this final procedure is his last set back this year and he's healthy for the playoffs. Because if he's healthy and these new additions to OKC, they might be the best team in the league and no team will want to face them.

SamuraiSWISH
02-22-2015, 11:05 PM
No, apparently Westbrook is the best player in the league, and has trust worthy leadership / decision making.

navy
02-22-2015, 11:06 PM
Long term no. I would be worried about this season though

KirbyPls
02-22-2015, 11:07 PM

Don't like Durant and can't stand OKC (Sonics fan), but I agree. He's a special talent.

G0ATbe
02-22-2015, 11:09 PM
He'll be fine. More rest just means he'll be fresher come playoffs, meaning more epic high scoring games:rockon: .

Joyner82reload
02-22-2015, 11:11 PM
I'll repost what I've already posted once

Durant did not reinjure anything, nor is he a major risk to do so. The screw that was put in place did not fit his bone structure correctly and as a result it has been rubbing at the base of his 5th metatarsal. As a result of the irritation, they've removed the screw and replaced it with a more narrow screw. This is seen is roughly 25% of ALL Jones fractures that are treated with screw fixation in athletes. This is due to the canal, where the screw is inserted, being bowed and very narrow. If Durant's foot fully healed(which I believe it had, otherwise he wouldn't be allowed to play due to its high potential for reinjury prior to proper calcification), then he is not at risk for a reinjury(other than what he was prior to the original fracture) at the junction where the fracture occurred.

Summary: Durant is fine, he doesn't have another injury/reinjury. The screw hurt his foot, so they removed it. He will be fine to play in a 1-2 weeks once he recovers from his minor surgery.

Inferno
02-22-2015, 11:14 PM
I'm sure some of those hicks are shaken to their core right now :lol

#noexcuses, doe.

Fudge
02-22-2015, 11:18 PM
Oh my, so was he playing with a f*cked up foot the week before ASW, where he averaged 30.5/6/3.8 on 55% FG in 4 games? Imagine him playing at full strength once he returns. :biggums:

christian1923
02-22-2015, 11:19 PM
I'm sure some of those hicks are shaken to their core right now :lol

#noexcuses, doe.
Hate to be that guy but.

A healthy OKC is taking you guys down in 5, 6 tops.

KirbyPls
02-22-2015, 11:20 PM

Durant did not reinjure anything, nor is he a major risk to do so. The screw that was put in place did not fit his bone structure correctly and as a result it has been rubbing at the base of his 5th metatarsal. As a result of the irritation, they've removed the screw and replaced it with a more narrow screw. This is seen is roughly 25% of ALL Jones fractures that are treated with screw fixation in athletes. This is due to the canal, where the screw is inserted, being bowed and very narrow. If Durant's foot fully healed(which I believe it had, otherwise he wouldn't be allowed to play due to its high potential for reinjury prior to proper calcification), then he is not at risk for a reinjury(other than what he was prior to the original fracture) at the junction where the fracture occurred.

Summary: Durant is fine, he doesn't have another injury/reinjury. The screw hurt his foot, so they removed it. He will be fine to play in a 1-2 weeks once he recovers from his minor surgery.

Are you Budadiii's nurse at the orthopedic clinic?

navy
02-22-2015, 11:22 PM
Are you Budadiii's nurse at the orthopedic clinic?
No, he has a twitter.

In any case, I wouldnt trust shit about what they say about Durant's injury. Thunder front office is really shady when it comes to this stuff.

Joyner82reload
02-22-2015, 11:25 PM
No, he has a twitter.

In any case, I wouldnt trust shit about what they say about Durant's injury. Thunder front office is really shady when it comes to this stuff.

Wrong. It's called being knowledgable of human anatomy/preparing for medical school. Go ahead and google what I posted, the only place you will find it is ISH and reddit. Which I posted it on both sites.

KDthunderup
02-23-2015, 12:23 AM
I will start getting worried if he takes more then a couple of weeks to return from this latest surgery

navy
02-23-2015, 12:27 AM
Wrong. It's called being knowledgable of human anatomy/preparing for medical school. Go ahead and google what I posted, the only place you will find it is ISH and reddit. Which I posted it on both sites.
I wouldnt have mentioned twitter if I had not saw it on there....

Joyner82reload
02-23-2015, 12:27 AM
I wouldnt have mentioned twitter if I had not saw it on there....

Link it, I'm curious when it was posted.

J Shuttlesworth
02-23-2015, 12:29 AM
There is still a good amount of time till the playoffs. With the Suns looking like shit, and Pelicans having injury issues, they should be a shoe-in for the playoffs, especially with Westbrook playing the way he is. If I was a Thunder fan, I'd only be concerned if he's not 100% for the playoffs.

KDthunderup
02-23-2015, 12:30 AM
There is still a good amount of time till the playoffs. With the Suns looking like shit, and Pelicans having injury issues, they should be a shoe-in for the playoffs, especially with Westbrook playing the way he is. If I was a Thunder fan, I'd only be concerned if he's not 100% for the playoffs.
Also want to have a decent amount of time for him to gel with the new guys and get the rotations right

J Shuttlesworth
02-23-2015, 12:32 AM
Also want to have a decent amount of time for him to gel with the new guys and get the rotations right
True, especially if you're playing a team like Golden State or Memphis in the first round :eek:

KDthunderup
02-23-2015, 12:35 AM
True, especially if you're playing a team like Golden State or Memphis in the first round :eek:
I'd even be worried about Durant even returning at all if it was only a few games out from the playoffs and the team was playing really well.

As good as KD is it would screw with chemistry and rotations to chuck him back in the lineup with not enough time to readjust and get the balance right.

J Shuttlesworth
02-23-2015, 12:38 AM
I'd even be worried about Durant even returning at all if it was only a few games out from the playoffs and the team was playing really well.

As good as KD is it would screw with chemistry and rotations to chuck him back in the lineup with not enough time to readjust and get the balance right.
How much time is he expected to miss right now? Haven't heard much about it

Fudge
02-23-2015, 12:39 AM
1 week but looking more like 2.

KDthunderup
02-23-2015, 12:41 AM
1 week then he will be reevaluated, but id peg him to return in 2-3 weeks if nothing else serious happens

It kind of reminds me of last year when Westbrook was out and KD and the team went on an amazing run and they kinda lost a bit of momentum for a bit when Westbrook returned.

BuffaloBill
02-23-2015, 12:46 AM
nope. Westbrook can finally lead the team and everyone won't be a spot up shooter :rockon:

The Thunder never had Lebron.. :biggums:

Milbuck
02-23-2015, 12:48 AM
Even if it's 1-2 weeks they should just play it safe and keep him out for 3 weeks at least. Make sure 100% that he's good to go, leave absolutely nothing up in the air or uncertain. Since the trades they made, and with the way Russ is playing, they're more than good enough to stay ahead of PHX and NO, both of which are playing mediocre. In fact NO is most likely gonna be out of the picture soon with Davis missing a couple weeks. If they do the 3 weeks for KD and sit him till about the 15th....a pessimistic prediction would be them going 5-4 (losing to all 4 of their tough opponents in Portland, Chicago, Toronto, LAC).

Smoke117
02-23-2015, 12:49 AM
Honestly they should just play it safe and keep him out for 3 weeks. Make sure 100% that he's good to go, leave absolutely nothing up in the air or uncertain. Since the trades they made, and with the way Russ is playing, they're more than good enough to stay ahead of PHX and NO, both of which are playing mediocre. In fact NO is most likely gonna be out of the picture soon with Davis missing a couple weeks. If they do the 3 weeks for KD and sit him till about the 15th....a pessimistic prediction would be them going 5-4 (losing to all 4 of their tough opponents in Portland, Chicago, Toronto, LAC).

:yaohappy: :yaohappy: :yaohappy: :yaohappy: :yaohappy: :yaohappy: :yaohappy: :yaohappy: :yaohappy:

Inferno
02-23-2015, 12:50 AM
Hate to be that guy but.

A healthy OKC is taking you guys down in 5, 6 tops.

:lol We'll see...

Joyner82reload
02-23-2015, 01:01 AM
:lol We'll see...

OKC is better at every position except SG. Bogut will probably break his spine next month. LOL @ Speights guarding Kanter in the post.

navy
02-23-2015, 01:02 AM
Link it, I'm curious when it was posted.
Check out Royce Young for starters.

Milbuck
:yaohappy: :yaohappy: :yaohappy: :yaohappy: :yaohappy: :yaohappy: :yaohappy: :yaohappy: :yaohappy:
You drinking again? Respond to me again and I'll come down there and chimp f*ck your alcoholic midget ass back to the 80s.

J Shuttlesworth
OKC is better at every position except SG. Bogut will probably break his spine next month. LOL @ Speights guarding Kanter in the post.
That would be the final piece of the Konex curse

Fudge
02-23-2015, 01:17 AM
You drinking again? Respond to me again and I'll come down there and chimp f*ck your alcoholic midget ass back to the 80s.
:roll:

Rekt.

Inferno
02-23-2015, 01:17 AM

Curry = Westbrook
Klay >>> whoever the hell you've got at OKC :lol
Barnes << Durant (assuming KD even plays)
Green >= Ibaka (biased opinion)
Bogut >> Kanter

And our bench blows yours out. **** outta here lmao

KDthunderup
02-23-2015, 01:27 AM
Curry = Westbrook
Klay >>> whoever the hell you've got at OKC :lol
Barnes << Durant (assuming KD even plays)
Green >= Ibaka (biased opinion)
Bogut >> Kanter

And our bench blows yours out. **** outta here lmao
When has this stupid comparing position lineup shit ever proven to mean anything?

OKC has clearly the two best players in that series which accounts for a lot.

Who is on your bench again? I doubt what ever it is it's not that much better then

Augustin
Morrow/Waiters/Lamb
Singler/PJ3/Novak
Mcgary/Collison
Adams

J Shuttlesworth
02-23-2015, 01:35 AM
Damn if Spurs move up to the 6th seed and the Warriors have to face OKC, San Antonio, and Memphis to make the finals.... that is just unreal

navy
02-23-2015, 01:40 AM
When has this stupid comparing position lineup shit ever proven to mean anything?

Who is on your bench again? I doubt what ever it is it's not that much better then

Augustin
Morrow/Waiters/Lamb
Singler/PJ3/Novak
Mcgary/Collison
Adams
What happened to Scott Brooks being garbage?

KDthunderup
02-23-2015, 01:43 AM
What happened to Scott Brooks being garbage?
Well there is less chance of that since Perkins is gone and we have more offensive options but he does love to play Waiters a lot which is worrying

Inferno
02-23-2015, 02:10 AM

Augustin
Morrow/Waiters/Lamb
Singler/PJ3/Novak
Mcgary/Collison
Adams

Joyner started it with the whole you're better at every position thing, lmao.

Livingston
Barbosa/Holiday/Rush
Iguodala
Lee
Speights/Ezeli

I think our bench is pretty good.

houston
02-23-2015, 03:59 AM
yea they should be concerned

SillyRabbit
02-23-2015, 04:07 AM
Anyone who likes basketball should be concerned, he is one of the best players in the world and he's only 26 years old. We don't need this playing out like McGrady or Grant Hill.

That being said, he got another surgery done to fix the placement of the screw that was giving him pain. The Thunder management seems adamant that he has not re-injured anything, but rather just got the screw replaced so that it would be more comfortable.

If his only issue is discomfort, hopefully this will fix it and he will return without missing a step.

If he gets another foot injury then I will be extremely worried, as these things seem to pile on especially in the foot area with a new problem each time.

dunksby
02-23-2015, 04:10 AM
Naturally, basketball fans should be concerned, I try to convince myself that sports medical science has come a long way since Grant Hill days.

KDthunderup
02-23-2015, 04:27 AM
Anyone who likes basketball should be concerned, he is one of the best players in the world and he's only 26 years old. We don't need this playing out like McGrady or Grant Hill.

That being said, he got another surgery done to fix the placement of the screw that was giving him pain. The Thunder management seems adamant that he has not re-injured anything, but rather just got the screw replaced so that it would be more comfortable.

If his only issue is discomfort, hopefully this will fix it and he will return without missing a step.

If he gets another foot injury then I will be extremely worried, as these things seem to pile on especially in the foot area with a new problem each time.
I'm not going to read into it anymore then what is necessary, if it's just a screw that is giving him pain and his fracture has healed then I won't worry about his health long term.

Taller than CP3
02-23-2015, 08:25 AM

You must be some sort of surgeon to know all of this.

Joyner82reload
02-23-2015, 08:51 AM
You must be some sort of surgeon to know all of this.

No, that would apparently be Buddadi the wonderkid high school dropout millionaire guitar pedal entrepreneur orthopedic surgeon.

Chadwin
02-23-2015, 10:11 AM
Durant's foot visibly exiting its prime right before our eyes

ImKobe
02-23-2015, 10:13 AM
Why would anyone be seriously worried right now though? Westbrook had similar issues last season with his knee, when he needed to have another procedure during the season and missed most of it but balled out in the Playoffs because he was rested.

I see a similar thing happening to KD this year with him destroying GSW in the first round.

aj1987
02-23-2015, 02:51 PM
No, that would apparently be Buddadi the wonderkid high school dropout millionaire guitar pedal entrepreneur orthopedic surgeon.
Didn't you pretend to be some sort of doctor? You also got rekt for pretending to own/buy a Mercedes, IIRC. Are you the guy I'm taking about?

dunksby
02-23-2015, 02:59 PM
Didn't you pretend to be some sort of doctor? You also got rekt for pretending to own/buy a Mercedes, IIRC. Are you the guy I'm taking about?
Before that he posted a thread about receiving $800K in trust fund.

Joyner82reload
02-23-2015, 03:21 PM

You're such an idiot. I do own a Mercedes and always have. And I never said I was a doctor, I'm in college majoring in biochemistry focusing on pre-med.

Lebronxrings
02-23-2015, 04:44 PM
so far thunderup is the only real okc fan who has posted