PDA

View Full Version : Phil Jackson going off on the Knicks via Twitter

Knicksfever2010
02-23-2015, 10:38 AM
http://nypost.com/2015/02/22/phil-jackson-lambasts-knicks-in-bizarre-tweet/

iggy>
02-23-2015, 10:42 AM
Phil needs some lessons from Sam hinkie. How to behave while tanking.

Foster5k
02-23-2015, 11:15 AM
Jordan, Pippen, Shaq, and Kobe = ZenMaster

No Melo and some scrubs = TweetMaster

dunksby
02-23-2015, 11:16 AM
Is Fisher the weakest HC of the league? Man dude is being paid to play a pawn.

Real Men Wear Green
02-23-2015, 11:25 AM
He's been a horrible GM. The deals he has done lowered the quality of the current team with all they have to look forwards to is cap space and the high draft pick they'll get for sucking. And what I would find annoying if I was a Knick player is that he's consistently made trades that decreased the talent level, created a tanking situation and then criticizes the team he built to lose for doing what they were made to do. When a sorry team faces a good team they get destroyed. That's just how it works. If he wanted to see them improve he should have done his job and brought in some talent.

The criticism isn't even constructive. He's not pointing out things that players should be doing differently he's making vague references to the "basketball gods" and what "It" takes.

Five years, 60 million.

Mawly-G
02-23-2015, 11:38 AM
I couldn't agree more. I have no idea why Phil is lashing out at this team that he has obviously built to tank. Doesn't make any sense.

senelcoolidge
02-23-2015, 11:40 AM
I guess he can't have good assistant coaches to help him win games as a GM like he did as a coach.

Knicksfever2010
02-23-2015, 12:40 PM
Phil cant be graded until after the 2015 draft and 2015 off season signings.

Orlando Magic
02-23-2015, 12:43 PM
He's been a horrible GM. The deals he has done lowered the quality of the current team with all they have to look forwards to is cap space and the high draft pick they'll get for sucking. And what I would find annoying if I was a Knick player is that he's consistently made trades that decreased the talent level, created a tanking situation and then criticizes the team he built to lose for doing what they were made to do. When a sorry team faces a good team they get destroyed. That's just how it works. If he wanted to see them improve he should have done his job and brought in some talent.

The criticism isn't even constructive. He's not pointing out things that players should be doing differently he's making vague references to the "basketball gods" and what "It" takes.

Five years, 60 million.

Agreed, and it's yet another prime example of the fact that just because you can coach, doesn't mean your ability to evaluate talent and or put together a team is worth jack shit.

And it's the same exact concept with players. Just because you can play doesn't mean you can coach, analyze the game or put together a team.

What I'm saying is that just because someone may have been associated with pro basketball for the longest time... it doesn't mean their opinion means jack shit.

"DURR DURR I'D TAKE KEVIN DURANT'S OPINION ON OTHER PLAYERS OVER YOURS BECAUSE YOU'VE NEVER PLAYED IN THE NBA AND HE'S AN ALL STAR THAT PLAYS AGAINST EVERYONE ELSE NIGHTLY HURR DURR."

That's the kind of idiocy that drives me up a wall. Oh well. Kbye.

ImKobe
02-23-2015, 01:02 PM
just trying to get back on the fans' good side

navy
02-23-2015, 01:24 PM
This.

That roster was built to win 0 games.

Akrazotile
02-23-2015, 01:25 PM
Jordan, Pippen, Shaq, and Gasol = ZenMaster

:oldlol: :applause:

hawkfan
02-23-2015, 01:27 PM

To get on Knicks fans good side, he needs to release Bargnani.

iamgine
02-23-2015, 01:27 PM
He also did and say some strange things when he was coaching.

Things that makes you think...is he an idiot?

At the end of the day, you gotta give him a lot of slack because of his reputation of getting result while doing things that seems dumb.

GimmeThat
02-23-2015, 01:35 PM
just from reading this, it'd make you think that hockey and basketball are two very different sports because of the Gods, and not the nature of the sport in itself

R.I.P.
02-23-2015, 01:44 PM
Phil needs some lessons from Sam hinkie. How to behave while tanking.

You need to act like you try to win games or the completely random lottery balls will hate you. :lol

Done_And_Done
02-23-2015, 01:54 PM
Really bizarre time to play the "this is unacceptable" card. This team is short their best player and has been stripped of others through trades that were initiated by the man himself lol. They're doing exactly what they should be doing right now.

Sending a message like this right now, and to this team in specific is just strange. Who calls out a shitty team that they themselves dismantled? Why motivate them? Just makes no sense...

MellowYellow
02-24-2015, 01:36 AM
Phil is literally fielding a d-league team out there, he has no right to talk trash about them.

sekachu
02-24-2015, 05:05 AM
Jordan, Pippen, Shaq, and Kobe = ZenMaster

I don't see any difference with melo on the team

poido123
02-24-2015, 08:34 AM
Are you guys seriously grading PJ this Early? He was gifted a pretty talentless list of players.

Guy hasn't had the opportunity to do anything yet. Needs a 2-3 year Window before you can look at his results..

BuffaloBill
02-24-2015, 09:18 AM
just from reading this, it'd make you think that hockey and basketball are two very different sports because of the Gods, and not the nature of the sport in itself

:wtf:

poido123
02-24-2015, 09:21 AM

Wtf did I just read ?!?!.

:roll: :roll:

Bandito
02-24-2015, 09:44 AM
Are you guys seriously grading PJ this Early? He was gifted a pretty talentless list of players.

Guy hasn't had the opportunity to do anything yet. Needs a 2-3 year Window before you can look at his results..
With this team I will give him 5 to 10 years a chance. He had a horrible constructed team with no cap no picks after this year for a awhile and the most sports related moron in the league.

bluechox2
02-24-2015, 10:00 AM
What Phil Jackson tweeted had nothing to do with his team! he would never put down the Knicks because he realizes we're undermanned. His tweets were directed at Jr Smith. Jr Smith is now playing well In cleveland because he said he doesnt go out late at night and now gets his rest. Jr told reporters "i didnt get rest and do things I was supposed to be doing In NY. I went out and partied even during the playoffs." And yet there are knicks fans who are cheering him in our building. Absolutely disgraceful. You cost woodson his job who believed in you, and now you're showboating dunk Vs. an undermanned team. Basketball gods don't deserve you Jr Smith. You're A disgrace and waste of talent

El Kabong
02-24-2015, 02:41 PM
I dunno, maybe he's just trying to motivate the team and get them to play hard? It would be hard to give a crap if you're on the Knicks at the moment knowing the situation you'd be in, but still.

GimmeThat
02-24-2015, 03:04 PM
Wtf did I just read ?!?!.

:roll: :roll:

If jackson is implying that there ARE certain ways to play basketball. then would that same God be the one who determines the right way to play a hockey game? or is that any different.?

3peated
02-24-2015, 03:07 PM
he's not talking about winning games. most of those guys aren't even trying. this is an opportunity to show what you can do. and no one on that team has any heart.

CP343
02-24-2015, 03:18 PM
Phil :roll: