PDA

View Full Version : Vancouver bachelor party ideas

Levity
02-23-2015, 03:49 PM
I'm throwing my best friends bachelor party this summer. Blindly, we decided Vancouver is the place for us. were aiming for a thursday night - monday/tues. I dont know much about Vancouver, but have constantly been reassured that its a great place to party for a group of guys in their late 20s.

Most likely, we'll get an airbnb somewhere near the downtown and enjoy everything the city has to offer. My question to Vancouver locals, or people who have visitedin the past... any recommendations for areas to stay, places to visit, bar scenes to stumble through, and so on and so forth.

DaHeezy
02-23-2015, 04:23 PM
What is your hotel budget like? If you go downtown for the view I'd say stay at the Vancouver Waterfront Hotel right at Canada Place. For a budget stay at the Best Western Granville. The majority of Vancouver clubs are on Granville. Joseph Richards is right across the street if you like clubbing.
For dining I'd say find Yaletown. A little posh. Enjoy the Vancouver seafood experience and eat at Rodney's Oyster Bar. If you like a pub atmosphere go to Yaletown Brewpub.

Daytime hit either English Bay which is a beach right in the heart of downtown. Or Kits Beach across the Burrard Bridge. Kits has a ball court that gets packed. If you're in for Kits Days would be ideal. Big sporting venue and all the bikinis you can handle.

I'd really suggest to hit Whistler for the weekend. It's a big ski tourist resort town. There are bachelor and bachelorette parties you'll ever see in one area

Levity
02-23-2015, 04:30 PM
Haha all that sounds awesome. ill definitely be looking into those places. the budgets not necessarily an issue. but we do have about 10 guys going, so we'll have to get an accommodating place. but thanks again, my man!

Velocirap31
02-23-2015, 06:40 PM
I wonder how many Americans come to Canada to see truly naked strippers.

CP343
02-23-2015, 06:59 PM
Use drugs and you won't care where you are.

Levity
02-23-2015, 08:10 PM
Use drugs and you won't care where you are.

already on the agenda, my friend.

outbreak
02-23-2015, 08:11 PM
I wonder how many Americans come to Canada to see truly naked strippers.
aren't stripped naked everywhere?

Velocirap31
02-23-2015, 08:17 PM
aren't stripped naked everywhere?

Don't they have to wear underwear in most states?

outbreak
02-23-2015, 09:07 PM
Don't they have to wear underwear in most states?
Dunno I don't like in America but I didn't realise they couldn't get it all off there.

EricGordon23
02-23-2015, 11:39 PM
Clubs wise I'd rank it

The Belmont
Caprice
Roadhouse
Celebrities
All depends on the music you like though.

I definitely agree with Daheezy to visit whistler though It's always a good time there

andremiller07
02-24-2015, 06:53 AM
No reverse Kangas Levity :bowdown:

DaHeezy
02-24-2015, 12:53 PM
Clubs wise I'd rank it

The Belmont
Caprice
Roadhouse
Celebrities
All depends on the music you like though.

I definitely agree with Daheezy to visit whistler though It's always a good time there

It's the place to be in BC for Bachelor parties. There or Penticton in the summer

The Belmont- Never been
Caprice- It's popular but too many prissy girls and guidos.
Roadhouse- Never been
Celebrities- Be honest with them bro. It's a straight night for one night, which is tight, hot chicks, but that's only on Tuesdays. It's primarily a gay club. I don't think a group of bachelors want to walk into that

But definitely, all depends on music tastes.
I like Joseph Richards, cheap drinks with hip hop/top 40
The Roxy is your most diverse bet and easiest place to hook up. One of you if even with a bit of game will score here
The Pint at the Lotus has a good mix of people, and 3 different rooms with totally different atmospheres.
If you want to venture a little further in the Kits Area Bimini's is really good. Pool tables, open to the street, dance floor, good local no idiots type of crowd.
If you want easy to score cougars go to the Sandbar on Granville Island

CP343
02-24-2015, 01:06 PM
already on the agenda, my friend.

Then you should be good :cheers:

DaHeezy
02-25-2015, 08:50 PM
The Belmont

I was just on Granville yesterday. I didn't realize it was Doolin's
Between that and Cieli's I like Cieli's better.

Levity, are you checking out the titties? Titty bars are pretty weak around here. There's Brandi's then the rest. Pretty shady.

EricGordon23
02-25-2015, 11:47 PM
I was just on Granville yesterday. I didn't realize it was Doolin's
Between that and Cieli's I like Cieli's better.

Levity, are you checking out the titties? Titty bars are pretty weak around here. There's Brandi's then the rest. Pretty shady.

Cielis and Belmont are the same owners.

Belmont is under Doolins. Also Cielis is closed thats what roadhouse is now.

Celebrities did a turn around its only gay nights on thursday and the rest is like a regular club.

I go to belmont and roadhouse because I get free drinks , But joseph ricahrds is pretty good. Titty bars are pretty bad down here

DaHeezy
02-26-2015, 12:08 AM
Cielis and Belmont are the same owners.

Belmont is under Doolins. Also Cielis is closed thats what roadhouse is now.

Celebrities did a turn around its only gay nights on thursday and the rest is like a regular club.

I go to belmont and roadhouse because I get free drinks , But joseph ricahrds is pretty good. Titty bars are pretty bad down here

Damn, gotta step up my club game. I didn't know that Cieli's is gone.
I also didn't know Celebrities went straight. Especially on Davie. The gays are super territorial. When I'm downtown I only go to Joe Rich, Aura, and Republic since my buddies bounce at those places. But I rarely club. It's usually somewhere to watch Nucks or UFC.
I stick to Kits if I ever leave Surrey. Bimini's or pub at Yagger's. Otherwise I stick to Shark's in Langley or the new Taphouse that took over Mirage.

Levity
07-27-2015, 03:36 PM
bachelor party's next week. found a great house about 10 mins from downtown. heeded most of your advice for places to check out. needless to say, im pretty damn stoked!!!

if any of you Vancouver locals want to party with 13 retardedly drunk, dumb ass guys in their late 20's, let me know!

DaHeezy
07-28-2015, 01:07 PM
What's the verdict? I might be down
This weekend has a whole bunch of shit happening all over downtown.
It's Gay Pride weekend, plus the symphony of fireworks is Saturday at English Bay. It's gonna be a mess DT. I was just at the Caprice last weekend. It is a browntown shithole right now. I strongly advise not to go there.
Fill me in on deets. I might tour guide you hooligans

Levity
07-28-2015, 06:33 PM
What's the verdict? I might be down
This weekend has a whole bunch of shit happening all over downtown.
It's Gay Pride weekend, plus the symphony of fireworks is Saturday at English Bay. It's gonna be a mess DT. I was just at the Caprice last weekend. It is a browntown shithole right now. I strongly advise not to go there.
Fill me in on deets. I might tour guide you hooligans

:cheers:

We fly out the night of the 6th and land around 11pm. Im hoping to be fully checked into our house before 1 am and perhaps mission it out to downtown for last call, just to take the bar scene in. (were 10 mins away)

i think our first day (friday) is going to be english bay, but yeah, ill definitely keep you updated once we get closer to the date.

Lensanity
07-28-2015, 06:40 PM
Get at least 5 fleshlights

Levity
07-28-2015, 06:45 PM
Get at least 5 fleshlights

thats the plan. itll make that 3 hour plane ride fly by.

DaHeezy
08-07-2015, 12:26 PM
What's the scoop?