PDA

View Full Version : Current PER leaders

Budadiiii
02-24-2015, 03:23 AM
http://i.imgur.com/gs1jCf5.png

Anything that sticks out? Durant being in the top 5 is a shock considering his injury.

Where's Bron?

Angel Face
02-24-2015, 03:24 AM
:eek: Whiteside

Im Still Ballin
02-24-2015, 03:26 AM
It's all about the eye test.

PER is a worthless stat, I would never use it.

JohnMax
02-24-2015, 03:27 AM
Where's Bron?
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_ag8cy9r2XdE/S_e9JEYRCzI/AAAAAAAAIYs/yyNoJsRDVro/s200/wheres-waldo.jpg

Prime_Shaq
02-24-2015, 03:30 AM
Westbrook = Baby Shaq :applause:

Milbuck
02-24-2015, 03:32 AM
Surprised to see MVP James Harden not on there. Looks like the Rockets top 7 defense somehow stole some of that shine. Good to see the rest of the team finally getting some credit.

RoundMoundOfReb
02-24-2015, 03:35 AM
Nobody cares about this irrelevant stat. Two words: Eye test.

Budadiiii
02-24-2015, 03:35 AM
Surprised to see MVP James Harden not on there. Looks like the Rockets top 7 defense somehow stole some of that shine. Good to see the rest of the team finally getting some credit.
To be fair, he is 6th on the list with a very respectable PER of 27.18. Almost two whole points ahead of LeBron James, whose rating is the worst since *2006.

SugarHill
02-24-2015, 03:36 AM
I fret this day...

The day where the stats turn against Lebron

I used to prop up PER as if it were my new born

Oh how the times have changed

Eye-test >
We been off stats since Durant went ham last year. All about "he's the best player in the world because playoffs, experience, it's his until it's taken from him, rangs, etc. All that nonsense.

Basically LeBron fans turned into Kobe fans (dat best player in the world because I said so) who turned into Jordan fans (legacy) who turned into Wilt fans (mythology)

navy
02-24-2015, 03:37 AM
We been off stats since Durant went ham last year. All about "he's the best player in the world because playoffs, experience, it's his until it's taken from him, rangs, etc. All that nonsense.

Basically LeBron fans turned into Kobe fans (dat best player in the world because I said so) who turned into Jordan fans (legacy) who turned into Wilt fans (mythology)
:applause:

dunksby
02-24-2015, 03:37 AM
I fret this day...

The day where the stats turn against Lebron

I used to prop up PER as if it were my new born

Oh how the times have changed

Eye-test >
:lol

Im Still Ballin
02-24-2015, 03:38 AM
I would NEVER endorse a garbage stat like PER.

RoundMoundOfReb
02-24-2015, 03:39 AM

Nope. I always believed LeBron is the best simple because he is the most impactful. Not because of basic stats or anything else. Eye test. RAPM and other data backs this up.

LeBron has simply been the most impactful player in 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and arguably so in 2008, although i wouldn't give it to him.

UK2K
02-24-2015, 03:41 AM
:roll:

Rent free

Budadiiii
02-24-2015, 03:44 AM
Nope. I always believed LeBron is the best simple because he is the most impactful. Not because of basic stats or anything else. Eye test. RAPM and other data backs this up.

LeBron has simply been the most impactful player in 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and arguably so in 2008, although i wouldn't give it to him.
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=291929

pauk endorses it.

And lol @ "crazed ranting removed" ... :facepalm

SugarHill
02-24-2015, 03:46 AM

J Shuttlesworth
02-24-2015, 03:53 AM

pauk endorses it.

:roll: :roll:

J Shuttlesworth
02-24-2015, 03:54 AM
Nobody even quoted the crazed ranting :facepalm

Dengness9
02-24-2015, 03:58 AM
I hate Lebron and wouldn't care if he died tomorrow but OP is pathetic. How much spare time can one loser have on his hands? Keyboard hero life.

Im Still Ballin
02-24-2015, 04:03 AM
Just made a quick rant about WHY i think PER is a terrible measure
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=um40V_W-d24&feature=youtu.be

RoundMoundOfReb
02-24-2015, 04:04 AM

pauk endorses it.

Pauk is a ph@ggot

RoundMoundOfReb
02-24-2015, 04:05 AM
great vid. make a new thread about it. :applause:

SugarHill
02-24-2015, 04:09 AM

you sound wildly different than I ever expected:biggums:

Budadiiii
02-24-2015, 04:11 AM
Needed a little better explanation. Not really sold on your argument.

Can you explain why LeBron's PER is down from years previous? It has never accounted for defense and LeBron is actually playing less minutes than usual.

Pretty huge drop off in PER and not MVP worthy IMO

Budadiiii
02-24-2015, 04:13 AM
you sound widely different than I ever expected:biggums:
When are we gonna be graced by your voice?

inb4 no mic

navy
02-24-2015, 04:13 AM
I legit think SugarHill is a girl.

pauk
02-24-2015, 04:14 AM

pauk endorses it.

I "endorse" it only for what it is.... a stat that measures per minute stats.... the end.... thats all it only does and it should be treated as such.... i have always said this...

It means nothing more than that, doesnt mean somebody is the best, it doesnt measure the intangibles that makes somebody better than the other....

Milbuck
02-24-2015, 04:17 AM
I legit think SugarHill is a girl.
Don't think moe is a girl, but I will say, there are more girls on here than you think, J/S.

navy
02-24-2015, 04:18 AM
Don't think moe is a girl, but I will say, there are more girls on here than you think, J/S.
moe has always given off a girl vibe. The way she laughs at unfunny post in a flirtatious manner is just a dead give away.

Budadiiii
02-24-2015, 04:18 AM
I "endorse" it only for what it is.... a stat that measures per minute stats.... the end.... thats all it only does and it should be treated as such.... i have always said this...

It means nothing more than that, doesnt mean somebody is the best, it doesnt measure the intangibles that makes somebody better than the other....
Lebron doesn't have any intangibles, never has.

The argument was his stats were better than everyone elses so he was automatically the better player.

Lebron has never passed the eye test for me so his huge statistical drop off just proves he has visibly, and statistically exited his prime right in front of our eyes.

RoundMoundOfReb
02-24-2015, 04:20 AM

The argument was his stats were better than everyone elses so he was automatically the better player.

Lebron has never passed the eye test for me so his huge statistical drop off just proves he has visibly, and statistically exited his prime right in front of our eyes.
LeBron is a sensational leader. Top tier intangibles.

pauk
02-24-2015, 04:21 AM

Ofcourse.... whatever you say Trolldadiiiiii....

navy
02-24-2015, 04:22 AM
LeBron is a sensational leader. Top tier intangibles.
GOAT teammate. Has the whole league dying to play with him.

I hear Durant is colluding as we speak right now.

SugarHill
02-24-2015, 04:23 AM

playing 3 less minutes than his career average while basically putting up his career stats

put it this way, LeBron being pedestrian is statistically on par with the two heavily favored MVPs of this league

J Shuttlesworth
02-24-2015, 04:26 AM
playing 3 less minutes than his career average while basically putting up his career stats
Well hey apparently that's what LeBron "on the decline" looks like... near 26/7/6 in 36 mpg. I guess that's the player we'll see for the next 6 years. Sounds like GOAT to me

Budadiiii
02-24-2015, 04:27 AM
Shitty PER...

Turnovers?

His efficiency has dropped off HUGE this year as well. Just not the same cherry picker he once was. He went from GOAT cherry picking peak to just good in one offseason.

Budadiiii
02-24-2015, 04:29 AM
Well hey apparently that's what LeBron "on the decline" looks like... near 26/7/6 in 36 mpg. I guess that's the player we'll see for the next 6 years. Sounds like GOAT to me
Denounce PER while at the same time bringing up raw stats.

PER already does a much better job at gauging ones statistical impact. No need to revert back to face value stats to hype your hero.

J Shuttlesworth
02-24-2015, 04:31 AM
Denounce PER while at the same time bringing up raw stats.

PER already does a much better job at gauging ones statistical impact. No need to revert back to face value stats to hype your hero.
So I'm guessing you would consider this top 5 to be accurate considering how much you base PER

http://i.imgur.com/0YOzQ1P.png

Joyner82reload
02-24-2015, 04:33 AM
So I'm guessing you would consider this top 5 to be accurate considering how much you base PER

Posting an active player just exiting his prime, aka PER is at its peak, vs a bunch of players who have played out their entire careers, PER is at it's lowest due to past prime seasons weighting it down

LOL

Im Still Ballin
02-24-2015, 04:35 AM

Check out the *s... Weak era label

Budadiiii

Let's not get crazy here.

I value PER for what it is... but that doesn't mean the eye test doesn't play a huge factor. I'm on record for saying Lebron is a terrible leader, lacks heart, and is ONLY stats. Been saying it for YEARS.

So his statistical drop off is concerning because he was never someone who passed my eye test. He's now failing the eye test and the stat test.

MVP?

RoundMoundOfReb
Posting an active player just exiting his prime, aka PER is at its peak, vs a bunch of players who have played out their entire careers, PER is at it's lowest due to past prime seasons weighting it down

LOL
Shaq up to 06 was 27.8...it's not gonna drop that much.

J Shuttlesworth
02-24-2015, 04:36 AM

LOL
Maybe peaks would be more accurate, you're right.

http://i.imgur.com/hHtv7gG.png

Budadiiii
02-24-2015, 04:37 AM

LOL
And this is a good point.

If LeBron plays another 8 years like his stans suggest, his career PER will be around 25.

Joyner82reload
02-24-2015, 04:37 AM

You do realize that if mpg, blocks, and steals were kept on record in the 60's/70's, that entire top 10 would be Wilt and Kareem, right?

Marchesk
02-24-2015, 04:38 AM

So ... Wilt, MJ & Lebron are tier 1

Then Davis and Paul are tier 2

Then everyone else?

Im Still Ballin
02-24-2015, 04:39 AM
Wilt played in a weak era

J Shuttlesworth
02-24-2015, 04:39 AM
Damn what's up with this Joyner?

Durant in 2014:
PER in Regular Season: 29.8
PER in the playoffs: 22.6

:biggums:

LBJ in 2014:
PER in the season: 29.3
PER in the playoffs: 31.1

Can't even consider Durant a legit MVP after reading these facts

And 4 turnovers a game in the playoffs for KD :facepalm

navy
02-24-2015, 04:40 AM

Durant in 2014:

LBJ in 2014:

Wilt like drop off. What was Westbrook's PER?

Im Still Ballin
02-24-2015, 04:41 AM

Durant in 2014:

LBJ in 2014:

Ether

Budadiiii
02-24-2015, 04:41 AM

Durant in 2014:

LBJ in 2014:

He passed the eye test.

Great leader in the playoffs, came up huge in close out games.

LeBron had no urgency in the finals and was literally just empty stats. No surprise he had a high PER against those shitty Eastern teams and stat padded his way to a good statistical finals while his team got the worst beat down in history.

J Shuttlesworth
02-24-2015, 04:42 AM
Wilt like drop off. What was Westbrook's PER?
Westbrook in the playoffs: 24.9
Season: 24.7

And Russy was coming off his injury that season. Guess that settles the whole "batman/robin" debate

SugarHill
02-24-2015, 04:42 AM
He passed the eye test.

LeBron had no urgency in the finals and was literally just empty stats. No surprise he had a high PER against those shitty Eastern teams and stat padded his way to a good statistical finals while his team got the worst beat down in history.

Durant literally rode a ball at one point in the playoffs

RoundMoundOfReb
02-24-2015, 04:44 AM
He passed the eye test.

Durant is overrated, dude. You can still join the LeBron Family if you'd like?

Budadiiii
02-24-2015, 04:45 AM
Durant literally rode a ball at one point in the playoffs
Stop flirting with me, moe. Not in the mood. Let the men discuss ball, ok?

RoundMoundOfReb
02-24-2015, 04:45 AM
You do realize that if mpg, blocks, and steals were kept on record in the 60's/70's, that entire top 10 would be Wilt and Kareem, right?
Maybe...but LeBron and MJ would still be the highest perimeter players.

Budadiiii
02-24-2015, 04:53 AM
Keep negging me pauk. Doesn't make Silva any less of a cheater.

hahaitme
02-24-2015, 07:29 AM

Durant in 2014:

LBJ in 2014: