PDA

View Full Version : Where will the Wiggins for Love trade go down in all time worst trade lists?

JerrySeinfeld
02-24-2015, 12:08 PM
Everyone knows that unless Cleveland wins it all this year, Love is a goner.

Wiggins would be a great fit for that Cleveland roster... Not sure why he was traded considering his insane potential... They could start Wiggins at the 3, slide Bron to the 4, and then roast the league for the next decade... And in this scenario if Bron leaves they have an insurance policy.

I think Wiggins improves their defense, offense (the floor spacing is still there for LeBron, but adding Wiggins ups their transition game and gives them a true slasher to add to their offense), and helps them keep a guy like TT because he gives them more cap flexibility early on because he's only on a rookie deal.

Why on earth did Cleveland trade Wiggins again? It's not like the guy forced his way out at all. It just baffles my mind that you get a prospect like that and then trade him away.

CP343
02-24-2015, 12:10 PM
I want Love to leave just to make it super lopsided.

Uncle Drew
02-24-2015, 12:16 PM
:sleeping

Stop pulling shit out your ass.

Uncle Drew
02-24-2015, 12:17 PM
And another thing, if we didn't trade Wiggins, he wouldn't be as far in his development as he is now, due to a different role.

JerrySeinfeld
02-24-2015, 12:21 PM
I'm assuming that you're a CLE fan because of your name?

Wiggins is the next off ball superstar... Imagine a 6'7 D-Wade who can shoot the 3 and space the floor well.... (Not to say that Wiggins is as good as Wade yet, just comparing styles of play)

He'd be literally the perfect compliment to Bron's game as Bron ages and takes on more of a point forward role... Plus he wouldn't interfere much with what Kyrie is good at.

That trade was awful whether or not Love leaves.

Taller than CP3
02-24-2015, 12:22 PM
more and more people will talk about it as Wiggins develops

Kevin Love is the new Sam Bowie

Uncle Drew
02-24-2015, 12:32 PM
Such afwul

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B-jScxtCMAAClzz.png

Love has been a major contributor in these stats, and while his boxscore may not always reflect it, he's having a great month of February. If Love helps us winning just one championship, the trade was a success. Period.

CP343
02-24-2015, 12:34 PM
:sleeping

Stop pulling shit out your ass.

Great, now I just envisioned Jerry Seinfeld doing that.

noob cake
02-24-2015, 12:37 PM
When Wiggins cools down to a role player, this trade will become the worst of all times.

Love/Irving/Bron - Top lineup in the league with chance at championship

Wiggins - losing basketball game with empty stats at 13 PER :lol

navy
02-24-2015, 12:47 PM
It never will to be honest

livingby3's
02-24-2015, 12:56 PM
The Cavs weren't going to gamble on Wiggins.
Also we all witnessed their incompetence in drafting players. They had had high picks these several past seasons, and look what their stupid picks turned out to be. Kyrie was the only one playing at a somewhat high level but even he didn't do shit other than leading the Cavs into another few seasons of lottery, in the East.

They were in obvious win now mode with Bron and wanted proven talents. Wiggins played Lebrons position and nobody wanted Waiters.
Wiggins was the only chip in their hand that would land them KLove.

Career losers in Love n Irving, and the Cavs finally having a winning season, and are instant contenders, u can't really say it was a bad trade. Whether they eventually win it or not, this was a deal that benefited both Cavs and Wiggins.

Sure in a couple years, if Wiggins do pan out, it may look horrible, especially if the Cavs win nothing. But it was all about being realistic with the current situation of the team.

protox
02-24-2015, 01:08 PM
Wiggins = empty stats.

IMObjective
02-24-2015, 01:42 PM
Wiggins = empty stats.
He's a rookie. It's unfair to say that now.

lilteapot
02-24-2015, 02:03 PM
If Cavs don't win a title and Wiggins turns out to be an all-time great: it's top 10

If Cavs don't win a title and Wiggins turns out to be a pretty good but not a superstar: Not in the list

Random_Guy
02-24-2015, 02:08 PM
the ultimate goal is to win an nba champ, if the cavs win just one championship regardless of whether they do it this year, than its in my opinion a very good trade.
10 losing seasons plus one championship trumps 11 seasons of deep playoff runs without a ring imho. but then again if wiggins turn into the next lebron~then it will become another interesting debate

Uncle Drew
02-24-2015, 02:13 PM
Even if we fail to win a chip with Love, it won't be worse than the Worthy trade.

G0ATbe
02-24-2015, 02:15 PM
I'm still not convinced Wiggins will ever be as good as Love.

Velocirap31
02-24-2015, 02:25 PM
I'm still not convinced Wiggins will ever be as good as Love.

That's why no one here values your opinion on anything.

RedBlackAttack
02-24-2015, 02:31 PM
I was fervently against trading Wiggins at the time, basically because I had fallen in love with the idea of having a Kyrie/Wiggins combination for the next decade-plus, but seeing how the Cavs are playing right now and the way Wiggins is being given the keys to the TWolves franchise, it was probably the right move for both sides.

The Cavs are now legitimate title contenders with statistically the best starting five in the league and Wiggins has the freedom to find his way and show flashes on a truly horrendous team. He was never going to get that here. The pressure would have been on from day one and the Cavs wouldn't be even close to as good if you swapped out Love for Wiggins.

So, to answer OP's question.... it doesn't rank.

Cocaine80s
02-24-2015, 02:33 PM
People act like Love will be a 3rd option forever.

Lebron should only have 3 more years of prime ball left. By then Kyrie and Love should be leading the Cavs. Love will only be 29 and Kyrie only 25

christian1923
02-24-2015, 02:34 PM
Never liked the trade.

Something tells me love is going to get exposed even more I'm the playoffs

JerrySeinfeld
02-24-2015, 02:37 PM
I was fervently against trading Wiggins at the time, basically because I had fallen in love with the idea of having a Kyrie/Wiggins combination for the next decade-plus, but seeing how the Cavs are playing right now and the way Wiggins is being given the keys to the TWolves franchise, it was probably the right move for both sides.

The Cavs are now legitimate title contenders with statistically the best starting five in the league and Wiggins has the freedom to find his way and show flashes on a truly horrendous team. He was never going to get that here. The pressure would have been on from day one and the Cavs wouldn't be even close to as good if you swapped out Love for Wiggins.

So, to answer OP's question.... it doesn't rank.

The Cavs starting 5 ranks better than the Warriors now? Damn.

Also can't believe how Cleveland fans are defending this deal just because their team has been on a good stretch now... Who is to say that Kyrie/Shump/Wiggins/LeBron/Mozgov couldn't be doing the exact same thing...

JerrySeinfeld
02-24-2015, 02:38 PM
Never liked the trade.

Something tells me love is going to get exposed even more I'm the playoffs

he will defensively, thats for sure. for some reason certain fans of teams haven't yet realized that you don't win championships with key players who only play offense or defense though.

ihatetimthomas
02-24-2015, 02:41 PM
If they dont win this year and he leaves, one of the worst. If he stays, not anywhere near one of the worst

RedBlackAttack
02-24-2015, 02:46 PM
The Cavs starting 5 ranks better than the Warriors now? Damn.

Also can't believe how Cleveland fans are defending this deal just because their team has been on a good stretch now... Who is to say that Kyrie/Shump/Wiggins/LeBron/Mozgov couldn't be doing the exact same thing...
Yes, it does rank better since the trades were made to sure up the interior and SG positions. Statistically, Irving-Smith-James-Love-Mozgov has been the best starting five in the league according to ORtg and DRtng.

What alternate universe are you living in where things are still messy in Cleveland? They've won 16-of-18 games, the vast majority of which in blowout fashion. This is widely seen as a legitimate title contender now... maybe even the favorite.

Love is part of the reason why. Not much more needs to be said.... except that he just turned 26 and has many prime years left.

JerrySeinfeld
02-24-2015, 02:46 PM
If they dont win this year and he leaves, one of the worst. If he stays, not anywhere near one of the worst

even if he stays, it's all about what wiggins becomes... he is having dominant stretches as a 20 year old rookie and thats as a two way player...

Not even sure why people are acting like Love is a better fit with Cleveland either. Their downfall in the playoffs is going to be defense and Wiggins could certainly help with that.

Teanett
02-24-2015, 02:54 PM
Not even sure why people are acting like Love is a better fit with Cleveland either. Their downfall in the playoffs is going to be defense and Wiggins could certainly help with that.

I would have kept Wiggins, because i think he's a future superstar, but i'm not sure if he could help them defensively at the 4.
What he certainly cant reproduce is Love's rebounding and long range shooting.

If they had kept Wiggins, we would be talking about how they they need rebounding and a big with the ability to stretch the floor.

RedBlackAttack
02-24-2015, 02:58 PM
The overrating of Wiggins has begun, apparently. Luckily, the only thing people love more than building a player up is tearing him apart when he doesn't live up to ridiculous expectations. Wiggins is a fine prospect, but the Cavs are competing for a title this year. His game is much better suited to mature quietly on a bad team where very few people are watching.

JerrySeinfeld
02-24-2015, 03:05 PM
Yes, it does rank better since the trades were made to sure up the interior and SG positions. Statistically, Irving-Smith-James-Love-Mozgov has been the best starting five in the league according to ORtg and DRtng.

What alternate universe are you living in where things are still messy in Cleveland? They've won 16-of-18 games, the vast majority of which in blowout fashion. This is widely seen as a legitimate title contender now... maybe even the favorite.

Love is part of the reason why. Not much more needs to be said.... except that he just turned 26 and has many prime years left.

You want an award for winning 16 out of 18 games? Good teams do things like that all the time. If you told me before the year that Cleveland wasn't going to do something like that, I'd be surprised.

Sorry, trading Wiggins for Love was stupid. Love is by no means a better fit and will absolutely not be the better player moving forward.

JerrySeinfeld
02-24-2015, 03:17 PM
Cleveland fans riding the highs of the season, thinking they got some super great 3rd option in Love when the reality is they'd be much better off come playoff time with someone like Draymond Green or Serge Ibaka as their 3rd option...

Teanett
02-24-2015, 03:20 PM
Cleveland fans riding the highs of the season, thinking they got some super great 3rd option in Love when the reality is they'd be much better off come playoff time with someone like Draymond Green or Serge Ibaka as their 3rd option...

I'd much prefer Green or Ibaka, but those guys were not available.

Hey Yo
02-24-2015, 04:24 PM

Wiggins would be a great fit for that Cleveland roster... Not sure why he was traded considering his insane potential... They could start Wiggins at the 3, slide Bron to the 4, and then roast the league for the next decade... And in this scenario if Bron leaves they have an insurance policy.

I think Wiggins improves their defense, offense (the floor spacing is still there for LeBron, but adding Wiggins ups their transition game and gives them a true slasher to add to their offense), and helps them keep a guy like TT because he gives them more cap flexibility early on because he's only on a rookie deal.

Why on earth did Cleveland trade Wiggins again? It's not like the guy forced his way out at all. It just baffles my mind that you get a prospect like that and then trade him away.
:lol stopped reading

dumb.

Smoke117
02-24-2015, 04:47 PM
I'm assuming that you're a CLE fan because of your name?

Wiggins is the next off ball superstar... Imagine a 6'7 D-Wade who can shoot the 3 and space the floor well.... (Not to say that Wiggins is as good as Wade yet, just comparing styles of play)

He'd be literally the perfect compliment to Bron's game as Bron ages and takes on more of a point forward role... Plus he wouldn't interfere much with what Kyrie is good at.

LOL Wiggins is dog shit as a ball handler compared to Wade. What a stupid phucking comparison.

RedBlackAttack
02-24-2015, 04:50 PM
LOL Wiggins is dog shit as a ball handler compared to Wade. What a stupid phucking comparison.
Their games aren't even remotely similar. I'm not sure OP has actually watched Wiggins play. Terrible comparisons FTL. :oldlol:

lilteapot
02-24-2015, 05:00 PM
Their games aren't even remotely similar. I'm not sure OP has actually watched Wiggins play. Terrible comparisons FTL. :oldlol:
They're shooting guards, black, over 6 feet tall and are slashers. obviously the same player

Budadiiii
02-24-2015, 05:02 PM
Kyrie/LeBron/Wiggins transition game would be scary. Perimeter D would be insane.

If the Cavs don't win then it would be a major **** up. With Wiggins and Kyrie you could be contending for a long time. Instead they chose to win immediately but it only works if they actually win the championship, which is something that franchise has never achieved. I do understand the desperation to get a ring while LeBron is still a good player but man.... Wiggins has superstar written all over him

Meticode
02-24-2015, 05:08 PM
From what I see from Wiggins, he's show me more than I thought he could do right now. I think it's accelerated his growth because he's thrown into that starting spot. Which either makes or breaks players So far he's made the best of it.

I don't push the trade one way or the other.

If Love stays long-term, it worked out good for the Cavs.

If Love leaves next year or the year after without the Cavs winning a ring then obviously it didn't work out in their favor.

IN the end I think Love fits in better with the team even though he struggles becuase of his floor spacing and post game.

Mozgov
Love
LeBron
Smith
Irving

>

Mozgov
Thompson
LeBron
Wiggins
Irving

RoundMoundOfReb
02-24-2015, 05:14 PM
JerrySeinfeld = russwest0

Hey Yo
02-24-2015, 05:24 PM
JerrySeinfeld = russwest0
My first guess is Budadiii

lilteapot
02-24-2015, 05:26 PM
My first guess is Budadiii
so you two are agreeing

Legends66NBA7
02-24-2015, 05:36 PM
It's not like Wiggins is taking Minnesota anywhere, so it's all on Cleveland winning.

Works out for the player and Cleveland's franchise.

Hey Yo
02-24-2015, 05:36 PM
so you two are agreeing
That Seinfeld is an alt?

Yes

ImKobe
02-24-2015, 05:57 PM
probably right there with Divac for Kobe

Nash
02-24-2015, 06:08 PM
not at all, cleveland need love to space the floor and to have a good PF. Wiggins would just have been hindering his development in Cleveland.

Let's not forget that Wiggins is doing this in the worst team in the league. His performances would look so much more different if he was the 5th choice in Cleveland. No way in hell would he offer 17ppg and 11rpg + stretch the floor the way Love does.

ImKobe
02-24-2015, 06:11 PM
not at all, cleveland need love to space the floor and to have a good PF. Wiggins would just have been hindering his development in Cleveland.

Let's not forget that Wiggins is doing this in the worst team in the league. His performances would look so much more different if he was the 5th choice in Cleveland. No way in hell would he offer 17ppg and 11rpg + stretch the floor the way Love does.

that doesn't matter

in 5 yrs this trade will look really stupid

305Baller
02-24-2015, 06:14 PM
LeBron would break down as a full-time 4... but having Mozgov helps.

KNOW1EDGE
02-24-2015, 06:54 PM
It will not be on that list.

OP is a f@ggit though

JerrySeinfeld
02-24-2015, 07:14 PM
that doesn't matter

in 5 yrs this trade will look really stupid

just let them spew their BS so we can bump this thread in the future and taunt them with it.

Cavs fans are the most bipolar fans I've ever seen. One week they are burning LeBron's jersey, the next they are Wiggins stans, the next they are excited LeBron is back, the next they are pissed at the guy, and now suddenly they are hyping their team as the favorites...

I guess that comes with the territory of being a fan in a city filled with dumpster fire sports franchises. Art Modell knew what was up when he moved the Browns to Baltimore overnight :lol