PDA

View Full Version : what happened to that Rockets player who has social anxiety & is afraid of airplanes?

jzek
02-24-2015, 07:55 PM
Can't even remember his name now. What happened to him? Is he working at McDonald's yet?

CavaliersFTW
02-24-2015, 07:56 PM
Royce White. He was supposed to be in the dunk contest a few seasons ago but pulled out due to fear of flying, anxiety for his safety, etc.

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-1vLl3Phzlj0/UOqCeJhv7-I/AAAAAAAAD80/v-T_2Wmld4g/s800/Royce%252BWhite%252Bdunk.jpg

sick_brah07
he got like 8 women pregnant and is living in a caravan park yelling at a tin can

Cocaine80s
Jeremy Lin?

Hes on the Lakers now

KungFuJoe
02-24-2015, 07:59 PM
Jeremy Lin?

Hes on the Lakers now

I'd rather see Chinese characters than jokes this bad. :facepalm

outbreak
02-24-2015, 08:02 PM
Isn't he trying to be a musician now? Think he has a youtube channel making bad music or something while trying to cash in on his 15 minutes of fame.

AirBourne92
02-24-2015, 08:03 PM
Jeremy Lin?

Hes on the Lakers now

your life is a bucket of piss

making corny jokes 24/7 non stop

how long have you been a depressed social reject?

you think this was a funny joke?

you think it was funny enough for you to share?

for you to type out and press post?

you sincerely think it was that funny huh you depressed cornball?

never in my days have i seen a message board so deprived of actual substance and quality content

it's because this place is full of cornball rejects like yourself

your joke is lame

Cocaine80s
02-24-2015, 08:10 PM

never in my days have i seen a message board so deprived of actual substance and quality content

your joke is lame
http://i3.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/003/617/okayguy.jpg

chocolatethunder
02-24-2015, 08:20 PM
he got like 8 women pregnant and is living in a caravan park yelling at a tin can
I dunno where he's living but I have seen him in the West Chester/Glen Mills area of Pennsylvania driving an Audi A8.

Jasper
02-24-2015, 11:49 PM
Can't even remember his name now. What happened to him? Is he working at McDonald's yet?
You are refering to Konex, an ex-NBA player who is my fraid , but has issues with plane.

I asked him one time to wing walk , but he gave me the 'nay ' node.

:whatever:

Kidbasketball20
02-25-2015, 03:05 AM

your joke is lame

Spot on

:applause: :applause: :applause:

andremiller07
02-25-2015, 03:18 AM
I actually read a while back he donated 1 million of what he "made" to a anxiety/health clinic that he was helping open or something like that.

warriorfan
02-25-2015, 03:20 AM
this dude is a big time scumbag

Cleverness
02-25-2015, 04:09 AM
https://medium.com/the-cauldron/i-cant-breathe-either-a08516e2bef6

Done_And_Done
02-25-2015, 04:52 AM
https://medium.com/the-cauldron/i-cant-breathe-either-a08516e2bef6

Thanks for posting that.

(I've only read about a quarter of it)

Very articulate and thought provoking individual. As one who has extensively studied mental health and the associated issues, I can affirm that much of what he's saying is truthful thus far.

jzek
02-25-2015, 10:41 AM
So sad... MILLIONS of other ppl would kill to be in his situation (high draft pick, talented, etc.) and yet he squandered it all because he is a drama queen.

FatComputerNerd
02-25-2015, 10:44 AM
So sad... MILLIONS of other ppl would kill to be in his situation (high draft pick, talented, etc.) and yet he squandered it all because he is a drama queen.

People with mental health issues don't chose to have them.

Severe anxiety disorders can be debilitating, regardless of what your job or position in society is.

BuffaloBill
02-25-2015, 10:47 AM
He played a few games for the kings last year but he was ass so they dropped him like a bad habit

Rake2204
02-25-2015, 11:09 AM

Severe anxiety disorders can be debilitating, regardless of what your job or position in society is.Well said. It sounds as though Royce White may have made some ill-advised moves that were not connected to his mental health issues but even then, I've forever been surprised at the vitriolic reaction the public has had to his career.

It seems there's been many who've done a lot worse who get a lot less hate than a guy who clearly has some mental health issues and happened to make some other mistakes alongside it.

I think I would have expected sadness or "man, too bad he couldn't put himself together" or something along those lines. Instead, it's often just awful insults and mockery.

Xover
02-25-2015, 11:49 AM
are you guys stupid? Calling him a drama queen and that millions would give anything to be in his position.... don't u think hes well aware of that? yet whatevers holding him back from living that dream must be just a cry for attention. You people are ridiculous and don't seem to understand the magnitude of his unfortunate health

chocolatethunder
02-25-2015, 12:04 PM
are you guys stupid? Calling him a drama queen and that millions would give anything to be in his position.... don't u think hes well aware of that? yet whatevers holding him back from living that dream must be just a cry for attention. You people are ridiculous and don't seem to understand the magnitude of his unfortunate health
I agree with everything you're saying however in White's case he's a delusional grandstander who wants attention. He's not a good guy and that's been proven over and over. His negotiations with the Rockets were well documented and they were willing to do just about anything for him but nothing was ever good enough. He's a theif and a deadbeat dad and just an all around jerk. Mental illness is a serious problem yet he's managed to use it as an excuse for everything and make a mockery of it.

Larry Sanders, who has had his share of incidents actually put out a nice video today that was candid and only moderately cheesy that was pretty decent. This is in contrast to White who cried conspiracy constantly and blames everyone but himself all the time.

Foster5k
02-25-2015, 12:09 PM
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-1vLl3Phzlj0/UOqCeJhv7-I/AAAAAAAAD80/v-T_2Wmld4g/s800/Royce%252BWhite%252Bdunk.jpg
Royce White: "I don't feel safe enough!"

triangleoffense
02-25-2015, 12:15 PM
that guy is an idiot though, social anxiety and of flying in planes but doesn't have anxiety playing in front of 30,000 people?

jzek
02-25-2015, 12:35 PM

Severe anxiety disorders can be debilitating, regardless of what your job or position in society is.

He doesn't have SAD though. People with SAD avoid social interactions, that's why it's called social anxiety disorder. I know ppl with legit SAD. They eat their lunch inside bathroom stalls to avoid ppl.

Royce an attention whore who will tell his story to anyone who would listen.

jzek
02-25-2015, 12:38 PM
however in White's case he's a delusional grandstander who wants attention.

EXACTLY ^^^

He doesn't have social anxiety! He SEEKS attention which is the opposite of what he's saying he has!

CP343
02-25-2015, 01:04 PM
Royce White. He was supposed to be in the dunk contest a few seasons ago but pulled out due to fear of flying, anxiety for his safety, etc.

:roll:

oarabbus
02-25-2015, 02:25 PM

I guess severe anxiety lead him to steal a laptop from some kid in college and also shoplift :confusedshrug: