PDA

View Full Version : So everyone still think Melo should've taken 1/2 pay to go to the Bulls?

bagelred
02-25-2015, 04:20 PM
Dummies.

Marchesk
02-25-2015, 04:22 PM
Yes

Undisputed
02-25-2015, 04:22 PM
Melo should have taken half pay because he led his team to the lottery this season.

bagelred
02-25-2015, 04:23 PM
Yes

Dummy

navy
If he wanted a chance to win? Yes.

However he can rot away with the Knicks and be rich while doing it. Nothing wrong with that.

bagelred
If he wanted a chance to win? Yes.

However he can rot away with the Knicks and be rich while doing it. Nothing wrong with that.

Dummy

Undisputed
This.

chosen_one6
02-25-2015, 04:24 PM
He would have won a helluva lot more than 10 games

bagelred
02-25-2015, 04:25 PM
He would have won a helluva lot more than 10 games

Dummy

Marchesk
02-25-2015, 04:28 PM
Dummy

I would rather have seen him try to win a ring while he's still a top scoring threat. As it stands now, he might not be on a contender for several years.

Here's a question for you. Do you think Barkley and Malone would have traded half their salary at some point to win a ring?

coin24
02-25-2015, 04:33 PM
I would rather have seen him try to win a ring while he's still a top scoring threat. As it stands now, he might not be on a contender for several years.

Here's a question for you. Do you think Barkley and Malone would have traded half their salary at some point to win a ring?

$50m for a ring?:roll: :roll: :roll:

When being a fan sends you full retard:lol

Melo is a smart man

navy
02-25-2015, 04:34 PM

Melo is a smart man
Cant disagree with this.

NBA salaries are guaranteed. Rings are not.

IncarceratedBob
02-25-2015, 04:57 PM
bulls and knicks have the same percentage chance of winning it all this year

ImKobe
02-25-2015, 05:01 PM
bulls and knicks have the same percentage chance of winning it all this year

No they don't. Knicks are at 0 because they won't qualify for the Playoffs, whereas Bulls could still make the Playoffs as a 4th seed and there's like 2 months still to go, injuries and other things can happen to other teams too you know...

just being real

IncarceratedBob
02-25-2015, 05:07 PM
No they don't. Knicks are at 0 because they won't qualify for the Playoffs, whereas Bulls could still make the Playoffs as a 4th seed and there's like 2 months still to go, injuries and other things can happen to other teams too you know...

just being real
Both are 0%

Unless...

LeBron
Kyrie
Love
Curry
Thompson
Horford
Teague
Millsap
Korver
Wall
Harden
Aldridge
Lillard
Paul
Griffin
Jordan
Duncan
Parker
Leonard
Durant
Westbrook

ALL get hurt. Then the Bulls might win a ring.

lilteapot
02-25-2015, 05:09 PM
Yes. Melo would still be surrounded by very good players and that's what he needs to have any chance of playoff success

jayfan
02-25-2015, 05:17 PM
Of course. They'd still be contenders.

HomieWeMajor
02-25-2015, 05:28 PM
Melo could have gone back to Syracuse and he would still have a better chance at winning a NBA championship.

Marchesk
02-25-2015, 06:17 PM

Melo is a smart man

What difference does it make? You think that 50 million will make you happier as a professional athlete than the chance to win a ring, given that you've already made bank?

We're not talking about the difference between living in the slums in Delhi and being a 100 millionaire. We're talking about the difference in having even more millions than you need to do what? Buy more fancy cars? Buy another place in the Keys? Invest more in the stock market? Join Garnett as a part owner?

You guys are obsessed with money. Beyond a certain point, it doesn't matter. Winning a title will give you something money will never give you.

navy
02-25-2015, 06:19 PM
What difference does it make? You think that 50 million will make you happier as a professional athlete than the chance to win a ring, given that you've already made bank?

We're not talking about the difference between living in the slums in Delhi and being a 100 millionaire. We're talking about the difference in having even more millions than you need to do what? Buy more fancy cars? Buy another place in the Keys? Invest more in the stock market? Join Garnett as a part owner?

You guys are obsessed with money. Beyond a certain point, it doesn't matter. Winning a title will give you something money will never give you.
How many players have given up that much money in nba history?

chosen_one6
02-25-2015, 06:19 PM

Melo is a smart man

Kobe would disown you for saying something like that. And I doubt you'd be able to recover from having his d*ck taken away from you, like a baby without it's mothers tit.

bizil
02-25-2015, 06:30 PM
No I wouldn't have taken that big of a paycut at this point in Melo's career. I think he needed to get that one last big deal under his belt. Then from there if he wants to do a Duncan or Dirk and take less then fine. So I don't blame Melo for turning the Bulls down. Even though we all know basketball wise it would have been a great decision. And with the emergence of Butler, it would have given Melo a two way SG still getting better.

alanLA92
02-25-2015, 06:41 PM
Yes but he decided to take the money rather than have a chance at a ring.

SwishSquared
02-25-2015, 07:38 PM
I didn't think he should have given up $50M or so to go join a potential contender in Chicago. This whole situation came down to Phil Jackson refusing to take back Boozer in a sign and trade. Yet hawkfan has posted now he's looking to Bargs to be the focal point of the offense. Sometimes you gotta accept that you'll be tanking and collect the picks + young players you get in return for a star.

Knicks should at least have Gary Harris & Nurkic on the team, if not Mirotic (or Chicago's 1st round pick this year) as well...

buddha
02-25-2015, 07:45 PM
considering both Melo and Rose are hurt it's kind of a moot point, season would be in the drain.

KirbyPls
02-25-2015, 07:49 PM
Kobe would disown you for saying something like that. And I doubt you'd be able to recover from having his d*ck taken away from you, like a baby without it's mothers tit.

Coin has the most alpha pacifier ever. :lol

Spurs5Rings2014
02-25-2015, 08:08 PM
Coin has the most alpha pacifier ever. :lol

:crazysam:

coin24
02-25-2015, 08:22 PM

Kobe would take the extra $$ and be the man on his team. Fu*k ring chasing and taking less $$.. That's what small di.ck betas like LeBald do...

Kobe and melo are big di.ck alpha bosses:bowdown:

JT123
02-25-2015, 08:22 PM
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

JT123
02-25-2015, 08:24 PM
Kobe would take the extra $$ and be the man on his team. Fu*k ring chasing and taking less $$.. That's what small di.ck betas like LeBald do...

Kobe and melo are big di.ck alpha bosses:bowdown:
How does Dubeta get banned while shitty unfunny trolls like this are allowed to stay? :biggums: :facepalm

coin24
02-25-2015, 08:27 PM
How does Dubeta get banned while shitty unfunny trolls like this are allowed to stay? :biggums: :facepalm

That's not trolling, it's a factual post.

LeBron is bald and took less money to team up and win his rings. He also has a tiny peni.s

Whereas kobe and melo would rather be the man on there own teams

poido123
02-25-2015, 08:29 PM
Should the OP have told us beforehand, that he knew Rose would go Down instead of wasting our time with this Thread?

Perhaps you should ask your organization why they paid Melo all that money to be surrounded by Scrubs?

Meticode
02-25-2015, 08:30 PM
Yes, because staying in New York, shutting it down and ultimately getting surgery and being part of the one of the worst Knicks seasons ever with a 16 game losing streak (the worse in franchise history) has worked out so much better for him?

smoovegittar
02-25-2015, 09:39 PM
Getting Phil Jackson as your VP would be enough reason for me to hang around.

no Phil, no rings for Jordan or Kobe. :banana:

bagelred
02-26-2015, 12:21 PM
Should the OP have told us beforehand, that he knew Rose would go Down instead of wasting our time with this Thread?

As if we all didn't know Rose would get injured again.:oldlol: pretty much guaranteed at this point. It's not if, just when...

dunksby
02-26-2015, 12:23 PM
He would immediately become their franchise player and play for a competitive team again.

RRR3
02-26-2015, 12:30 PM
http://i.imgur.com/10OgC4i.gif

christian1923
02-26-2015, 02:01 PM
Melo wouldnt have one a ring anywhere

Melo has a serious knee injury, smart to take the money

lilteapot
02-26-2015, 02:03 PM
Owned :roll:

GreggPopazit
02-26-2015, 02:08 PM
Would Bulls still have gotten Pau?

SwishSquared
02-26-2015, 02:12 PM
Would Bulls still have gotten Pau?
Potentially, but most likely no, imo. Would have been an either/or situation, if I had to guess. A Melo S&T would have put them over the cap, but they'd be hard-capped at $81M as a result I think. They'd have been able to use MLE to get Pau, but would maybe require some cap gymnastics to make it all work.

bagelred
02-26-2015, 02:14 PM
Potentially, but most likely no, imo. Would have been an either/or situation, if I had to guess. A Melo S&T would have put them over the cap, but they'd be hard-capped at $81M as a result I think. They'd have been able to use MLE to get Pau, but would maybe require some cap gymnastics to make it all work.

Knicks would not have done a sign and trade. Sorry. Melo would have to had accepted a lot less money.

DaSeba5
02-26-2015, 02:27 PM
I can't fault the man for taking the money.

SilkkTheShocker
02-26-2015, 02:28 PM
It wouldn't have mattered. The Bulls with Melo and Rose would still have been LeBron's personal c.um rag

christian1923
02-26-2015, 02:30 PM
It wouldn't have mattered. The Bulls with Melo and Rose would still have been LeBron's personal c.um rag
Oh did you find another job?

longtime lurker
02-26-2015, 02:38 PM
Jesus people on this forum are so dumb. Of course Melo made the right decision to take the money. With Melo the Bulls don't sign Pau Gasol and Rose still gets injured considering at this point he's injury prone. And why are we ignoring the fact that the Bulls might actually be worse with Melo?

SwishSquared
02-26-2015, 03:46 PM
Knicks would not have done a sign and trade. Sorry. Melo would have to had accepted a lot less money.
Yeah, they could have Nurkic and Gary Harris and potentially another pick in exchange for Boozer + Snell + NG deals + small expiring contracts. Why *not* do the S&T? I'd consider that a fair deal for NYK, who had already botched the Tyson Chandler trade and waited too long to deal Shumpert (could have had a first round pick for him in the 2014 draft). Plus, they'd have even more FA money. Stars want to play with stars, but sometimes you have to form a young nucleus and smartly obtain the right complementary pieces until a big star becomes available.

The assembled squad, at best, would be an 8 seed, and that would require Melo to replicate an excellent 2013-2014 season. They're now tanking the year away, Melo's on a super max & his knee injury is not insignificant, and they're banking on FA turning the franchise around (could definitely happen, but quick rebuilds through FA can be tricky). Phil can pull some magic over the summer and they can right the ship. But I'd be surprised if an elite FA signed with the Knicks over the summer.

bagelred
02-26-2015, 03:48 PM
Yeah, they could have Nurkic and Gary Harris and potentially another pick in exchange for Boozer + Snell + NG deals + small expiring contracts. Why *not* do the S&T?

Because they don't want to. That's why. Force Melo to take less if he wants Bulls.

Knicks would've rather have cap space than that garbage.

SwishSquared
02-26-2015, 04:11 PM
Because they don't want to. That's why. Force Melo to take less if he wants Bulls.

Knicks would've rather have cap space than that garbage.
So you don't think having more cap space in 2015 + Snell + Nurkic + Harris + another first round pick is at least something to consider? If not, you have a lot of confidence in Phil's ability to draft and to attract FAs. Certainly possible, but I wouldn't get my hopes up. If anything, Melo forced Phil to give him almost $30M extra and a no-trade clause. Melo won that negotiation. Also, Nurkic isn't garbage. If you think so, you haven't seen enough of him.