PDA

View Full Version : LeBron James unhappy that colleges want his kid

JerrySeinfeld
02-25-2015, 07:39 PM
http://www.sportingnews.com/nba/story/2015-02-24/lebron-james-jr-lebron-james-son-college-recruiting-ranking-scholarship-mixtape-video-cleveland-cavaliers

LeBron James is so consumed by attention that he can't handle the idea of his kid getting educated while he didn't :facepalm

Fire Colangelo
02-25-2015, 07:43 PM
1. There was already a thread made on this like yesterday.

2. No where in the article did LeBron say or mean he didn't want his kid to go to college. He simply said he doesn't appreciate colleges trying to recruit his 10 year old kid. Essentially, he's saying he wants his kid to live a normal life, and not under the microscope.

Bodhi
02-25-2015, 07:49 PM
Talk about ungrateful. Does LeBron have any idea how many parents would kill to have a scholarship ready for their 10 year old?

navy
02-25-2015, 07:50 PM
Talk about ungrateful. Does LeBron have any idea how many parents would kill to have a scholarship ready for their 10 year old?
Scholarships?

Lebron has a net worth of 270 million. :oldlol:

Chief Keef
02-25-2015, 07:51 PM
lol

chosen_one6
02-25-2015, 07:59 PM
http://www.sportingnews.com/nba/story/2015-02-24/lebron-james-jr-lebron-james-son-college-recruiting-ranking-scholarship-mixtape-video-cleveland-cavaliers

LeBron James is so consumed by attention that he can't handle the idea of his kid getting educated while he didn't :facepalm

So much stupid in these two posts :facepalm

ZMonkey11
02-25-2015, 08:00 PM
Scholarships?

He stated parents, not LeBron.:facepalm

Jud
02-25-2015, 08:01 PM
Scholarships?

He's probably talking about the average family. It's hard to pay for college

Joyner82reload
02-25-2015, 08:03 PM
Total waste of an scholarship. Honestly there reaches a point in parent's net worth where scholarships should not be given if the parent is willing to pay for their children's education.

lilteapot
02-25-2015, 08:04 PM
Typical op to leave out where LeBron said colleges shouldn't recruit a 10 year old

Meticode
02-25-2015, 08:07 PM
LeBron is right. They shouldn't be recruiting kids that young. If I had a son or even if my daughter got into sports early and was really good, I wouldn't want people knocking on my door about that shit. They're 10 ****ing years old, let them be kids. They have literally almost a decade to change their mind about what they want out of life.

gts
02-25-2015, 08:09 PM
I don't know all of what Lebron said but I can see a guy in his position wanting his kid left alone..

The kid already is "Lebron James Son" that's got to be a big enough pain in the ass but to have colleges hounding your 10 year old has got to be a royal pain in the butt

A. They don't need a scholarship, they can afford to send the kid wherever they choose so if he's any good they'll be doing the school a bigger favor then the school will be doing them

B. He's ten, 8-9 years away from having to make that type of decision

Leave the kid alone, let him be himself, let his game develop on it's own but mostly let him grow into his own and not have to deal with being the kid of a famous NBA player