PDA

View Full Version : '07 Lakers vs '07 Spurs

aj1987
02-25-2015, 11:23 PM
Why would kobe have the 09 or 10 Lakers supporting cast in 2007 Finals against the spurs? He would have.. what he had in 2007. Which was a scottie pippen light in lamar odom and a bunch of scrubs. But weve seen Kobe absolutely torch the spurs.. even the very next year.. so of course its not out of the realm of possibility he couldve done it at his absolute peak in 2007.

Who you got?

Velocirap31
02-25-2015, 11:25 PM
Spurs because Kobe sucks dick.

J Shuttlesworth
02-25-2015, 11:26 PM
Spurs

TheMarkMadsen
02-25-2015, 11:32 PM
yall had this discussion earlier in the day and now hours later you're still thinking about the convo enough to make a thread

wonder how much tpols is paying for the rent

9erempiree
02-25-2015, 11:32 PM
Lakers because they have Kobe who have been killing them throughout his career.

TheMarkMadsen
02-25-2015, 11:33 PM
Kobe in 08 against the Spurs absolutly dominated them

and he got no help from the rest of his team

ShawkFactory
02-25-2015, 11:41 PM

So the Lakers beat the Spurs in 07?

aj1987
02-25-2015, 11:48 PM
yall had this discussion earlier in the day and now hours later you're still thinking about the convo enough to make a thread

wonder how much tpols is paying for the rent
Unlike you, I'm not on ISH 24/7. I usually log on a few times a day, Kobeturd.

'07, idiot.

SamuraiSWISH
02-25-2015, 11:49 PM
Kobe was very good that series, but it wasn't like what he did v.s. Denver for example in the 2009 WCF.

And it certainly wasn't the "domination" we saw v.s. Phoenix in the 2010 WCF. But besides the point, the 2007 Spurs were better than the 2008 team. A little healthier, little younger, etc.

Kobe got no help in the 2008 series v.s. the Spurs? Really? And you're comparing that team to the 2007 ball club? Jesus ...

Anyway, to OP, Kobe's peak was 2006. 2007 he had slightly regressed, but he still would've torched the Spurs. Probably would have done it while struggling efficiency wise, but the Lakers would've got slaughtered.

buddha
02-25-2015, 11:49 PM
Kobe > Tim Duncan

TheMarkMadsen
02-25-2015, 11:50 PM
Kobe was very good that series, but it wasn't like what he did v.s. Phoenix for example in then 2009, and 2010 WCF. But besides the point, the 2007 was better than the 2008 team. A little healthier, little younger, etc.

Kobe got no help in the 2008 series v.s. the Spurs? Really? And you're comparing that team around Kobe to the 2007 ball club? Jesus ...

Anyway, to OP, Kobe's peak was 2006. 2007 he had slightly regressed, but he still would've torched the Spurs. Probably would have done it while struggling efficiency wise, but the Lakers would've got slaughtered.

:biggums: :biggums:

uhm no, stop pulling shit out of your ass just because you want to be mad

i'm stating that the very next year, Kobe destroyed the Spurs in a series where he got very little help.

Badazzwriter
02-25-2015, 11:54 PM
kobe and the lakers whooped the spurs in their home court that year during the regular season, not that it means anything, but if kobe had a good team around him they probably would of made it to the finals and raped Lequit and the cavs

tpols
02-25-2015, 11:54 PM
This post from the same thread

I never said the Lakers would beat the spurs.. I said they could. Do you understand the difference? It would all depend on if kobe decided to go 2001 mode on them and open the series with a bang. You were still sucking on your mother's saggy tEets when that happened so I wouldn't expect you to understand.

Guy got sonned so hard.. he had to make a thread about it lol.. amongst gems in that thread it was claimed

Wade would win six rings playing with shaq from 98 to 04.

Lebron James would win, and I quote all of the rings in the same time period. (on some lord of the rings shit.. hobbit mfer we might be dealing with)

Kobe would never have made the finals if he played in the east.

I could start threads.. but it wouldn't generate much discussion. the opinion are so out there the mods would just consider them troll threads and delete them

TheMarkMadsen
02-25-2015, 11:56 PM
Unlike you, I'm not on ISH 24/7. I usually log on a few times a day, Kobeturd.

you average 11 post per day while I average 7

you didn't really think that out before you typed that did you?

:roll: :roll:

kennethgriffin
02-25-2015, 11:56 PM
kobe routinely dominated duncan and the spurs throughout his career

3 of the 4 times kobe blasted duncant with piss was when the spurs had home court advantage

duncfail never had an answer for kobe. only time that queer ever won was

1999 ( 50 game bullshit season/no phil )
2003 ( kobe torn shoulder/knee )
2005 ( lakers rebuilding/no phil )
2007 ( kwame/smush/no phil )
2014 ( lakers rebuilding/worse team than kwame/smush/no phil/torn achilles )

duncan has never won a title during a year that the lakers had a contending team and kobe was healthy with a coach comparable to pop

meanwhile... kobes won 4 of his 5 titles during years in which the spurs had everyone, had pop, had a contending core

f*ck that f*ggot and his scratchy voice. no wonder his wife left em

and btw.. kobe would never win a title as 3rd best player behind guys like kawhi leonard

aj1987
02-25-2015, 11:59 PM
How can you not understand your own ****ing post?

But weve seen Kobe absolutely torch the spurs.. even the very next year.. so of course its not out of the realm of possibility he couldve done it at his absolute peak in 2007.

:facepalm

Guy got sonned so hard.. he had to make a thread about it lol.. amongst gems in that thread it was claimed

Jesus Christ. Your reading comprehension is beyond bad. I said '05-'11 Wade and '98-'04 Shaq would win playing together. I didn't specify is Shaq was going to play with Wade or Wade was going to play with Shaq. The latter was what I was actually trying to imply. '98-'04 Shaq on the Heat.

Please go back to grade school, kid.

you average 11 post per day while I average 7

you didn't really think that out before you typed that did you?

You don't have to post to be on ISH all the time. Why am I even explaining such simple concepts. Oh wait.. Kobetards.

tpols
02-26-2015, 12:07 AM
The post you just quoted says "could've". As in "could have".. as in it is a possibility that the event might occur. Do you understand what that means?

"Would have" which is what your saying I said would imply that in say 100 simulations there is more than a majority chance the event would take place. I don't know how else to put the difference for you..

And you didn't just say wade and shaq would just "win together " you jackass.. you said they would win six rings together during a time period wade was seriously hurt for long durations. The threads on the first page.

aj1987
02-26-2015, 12:11 AM
The post you just quoted says "could've". As in "could have".. as in it is a possibility that the event might occur. Do you understand what that means?

"Would have" which is what your saying I said would imply that in say 100 simulations there is more than a majority chance the event would take place. I don't know how else to put the difference for you..

And you didn't just say wade and shaq would just "[I]win together [/I ]" you jackass.. you said they would win six rings together during a time period wade was seriously hurt for long durations. The threads on the first page.
You implied that "could've" won in a situation, where it was virtually impossible. It's like someone saying a couple of years down the like that the '15 Knicks could've made the Playoffs.

Again, for the millionth time. Wade dislocated his shoulder in '07. Put off the surgery to play in the Playoffs. Averaged 21/4/5 with a washed up Shaq and other scrubs. Now replace washed up Shaq with PEAK Shaq. Dude carried worse garbage before. In '08, he underwent treatment on his knees and sat the rest of the games and the Heat just flat out sucked balls. Those are the two years he was injured in out of the 7 I listed.

Lets get back to the topic. How could the '07 Lakers beat the '07 Spurs? They lost to the no D Suns in 5.

Heavincent
02-26-2015, 12:17 AM
You don't have to post to be on ISH all the time. Why am I even explaining such simple concepts. Oh wait.. Kobetards.

Well there's no "hours spent on ISH" statistic available, so how would you know?

:confusedshrug:

tpols
02-26-2015, 12:55 AM
You implied that "could've" won in a situation, where it was virtually impossible. It's like someone saying a couple of years down the like that the '15 Knicks could've made the Playoffs.

Again, for the millionth time. Wade dislocated his shoulder in '07. Put off the surgery to play in the Playoffs. Averaged 21/4/5 with a washed up Shaq and other scrubs. Now replace washed up Shaq with PEAK Shaq. Dude carried worse garbage before. In '08, he underwent treatment on his knees and sat the rest of the games and the Heat just flat out sucked balls. Those are the two years he was injured in out of the 7 I listed.

Lets get back to the topic. How could the '07 Lakers beat the '07 Spurs? They lost to the no D Suns in 5.

It wasn't impossible.. if the Lakers could build momentum through three rounds in a weak east.. firing on all cylinders.. and kobe went off along with odom playing great.. its not impossible at all. Again "could have".

You said

Give 05-11 wade 98-04 shaq and they'd probably win six rings together

That.. wasn't even a could have. It was just a general definitive statment. Saying that wade would win six rings in a seven year time frame in a loaded conference with a shaq that got fat lazy and complacent after three rings.. you saying he could keep his endurance and motivation up for six straight.. while wade dealt with serious injuries in the middle of it all..

Just take your L like a man.

aj1987
02-26-2015, 09:02 AM
It wasn't impossible.. if the Lakers could build momentum through three rounds in a weak east.. firing on all cylinders.. and kobe went off along with odom playing great.. its not impossible at all. Again "could have".

You said

That.. wasn't even a could have. It was just a general definitive statment. Saying that wade would win six rings in a seven year time frame in a loaded conference with a shaq that got fat lazy and complacent after three rings.. you saying he could keep his endurance and motivation up for six straight.. while wade dealt with serious injuries in the middle of it all..

Just take your L like a man.

The '07 Lakers could beat the '07 Spurs, but PEAK Shaq and PRIME/PEAK Wade couldn't win 6 rings in 7 years?

Delusional AF.

Thorn
02-26-2015, 09:52 AM

The '07 Lakers could beat the '07 Spurs, but PEAK Shaq and PRIME/PEAK Wade couldn't win 6 rings in 7 years?

Delusional AF.
Well, 05-11 Wade with 98-04 Shaq sounds awesome in theory, but you have to remember a few things. Wade will not be at his prime level for all of those years. Nor will Shaq be at his peak for 7 years.

1. Wade's 07 and 08 were injury plagued and those two years come right in the middle of the threepeat (07-08 Wade with 00-01 Shaq) and the Lakers with an injured Wade isn't beating Portland. He had season ending surgery in 2008 but if he's on a contender like the 01 Lakers he probably plays through it.

2. Fatigue. Shaq's body was breaking down in 02-04 after years and years of long playoff runs and we know that Wade is injury prone (meniscus removal, relentless driving style leading to more injuries, playing in a tougher defensive era) so winning 6 in 7 isn't happening unless the Western contenders get struck by lightning. Wade had injuries in 12-14 that never went away - there's no way he makes it through 7 years without hurting something. Shaq can only do so much - especially as the Lakers depth disappeared from 2002 onward.

Hard to say which ones they pull out, especially considering Wade's injuries in 05, 07 and 08. Let's say the injuries happen again.

05 Wade/98 Shaq still lose to the Jazz or Bulls.
06 Wade/99 Shaq have a better chance at making it past the Spurs and if they do they'll beat the Knicks. SA didn't have the perimeter defenders to handle Wade, but they still have Duncan and D-Rob in the middle. They limited Shaq in that series - if they do it again they'll win. That team won't fall apart mentally like the 06 Mavs did and Pop is a better coach than Avery Johnson. Not to mention that those Spurs were miles better defensively than the Mavs.
07 Wade - hurt - lose to Portland.
08 Wade - also hurt but I'll say he plays through it. Win the championship. It'll probably be like 15-7 instead of 15-1 though.
09 Wade - win. Tossup vs SAC but we'll be optimistic. 09 Wade was better than 02 Kobe but that series was really, really close.
10 Wade - also close. If they make it past SAS they'll win since Dirk and Webber got hurt. Depends on how you feel about 10 Wade vs 03 Kobe, although Kobe tore his labrum in the first round. At this point I would be pretty concerned about Wade's health since this will be the 6th deep playoff run in a row.
11 Wade - this one's tough. By now this will be the 7th year of playoff runs and I just can't imagine Wade escaping without some injury that takes the Lakers out against SAS or DET. Lakers depth was ridiculously low with Grant out and then Malone getting hurt against MIN.

Overall I'd say they'd win at least 2, up to 4. Definitely not 6. Even if you say Wade doesn't get hurt in the years I mentioned, I think it's near impossible for him to stay perfectly healthy for 7 years considering the era and style he plays.

Jlamb47
02-26-2015, 10:13 AM
Well there's no "hours spent on ISH" statistic available, so how would you know?

:confusedshrug:
He doesnt know sh1t hes a dumba$$

imdaman99
02-26-2015, 10:17 AM
Why is OP angry all the time :oldlol:

He really needs to lay off the drugs.

I don't think 07 Lakers beat 07 Spurs. But I know they don't get swept. It's probably a 6 game series with game 6 being extremely close.

ArbitraryWater
02-26-2015, 10:28 AM

Lebron James would win, and I quote all of the rings in the same time period. (on some lord of the rings shit.. hobbit mfer we might be dealing with)

Kobe would never have made the finals if he played in the east.

I could start threads.. but it wouldn't generate much discussion. the opinion are so out there the mods would just consider them troll threads and delete them

Oh, they "could" beat them? What a bold statement to make...

no they couldn't, stop being a retarded Kobe stan.

aj1987
02-26-2015, 10:58 AM
Why is OP angry all the time :oldlol:

He really needs to lay off the drugs.

I don't think 07 Lakers beat 07 Spurs. But I know they don't get swept. It's probably a 6 game series with game 6 being extremely close.
If it's not clear enough, I'm actually laughing at the Kobetard's stupidity. I do occasionally smoke weed, but it never made me angry.

BTW, how many games did the Lakers go to against the defensive juggernaut Suns in '07?

Once again, it's Shaq on the Heat not the other way around. '05 Wade and '98 Shaq on the '05 Heat, '06 Wade and '99 Shaq on the '06 Heat, etc. etc.. I do stand by my statement that those two would make 7 straight finals and win 6. The only year I don't see them winning is '08. Also, as I stated earlier, Wade averaged 21/5/4 with a washed up Shaq and scrubs in '07. Shaq carried worse to the Finals.

What you're saying might happen, but Wade and Shaq going 7/7 is as likely as the '07 Lakers beating the '07 Spurs.

GreggPopazit
02-26-2015, 11:01 AM
I'm taking the champion Spurs over the 1st round exit Lakers.

Thorn
02-26-2015, 02:13 PM
Once again, it's Shaq on the Heat not the other way around. '05 Wade and '98 Shaq on the '05 Heat, '06 Wade and '99 Shaq on the '06 Heat, etc. etc.. I do stand by my statement that those two would make 7 straight finals and win 6. The only year I don't see them winning is '08. Also, as I stated earlier, Wade averaged 21/5/4 with a washed up Shaq and scrubs in '07. Shaq carried worse to the Finals.

What you're saying might happen, but Wade and Shaq going 7/7 is as likely as the '07 Lakers beating the '07 Spurs.
Oh, okay then. Yeah they're definitely winning more than 2, probably threepeat from 05-07. After that it's a little harder with the Celts/Cavs/Magic all coming on. No one can handle Shaq in the East (or in the league, for that matter) but they were all quality teams, instead of teams like the 07 Cavs reaching the Finals.

I still think you're underestimating the fatigue factor. I mean, we saw a guy who was basically indestructible wear down after 4 long playoff runs - you think Wade and Shaq, not particularly known for conditioning/avoiding injuries will last 7 and win 6? Maybe if all the bad teams were at the end.

Putting prime Shaq in the league today is basically a game breaker. He could take like 20 teams to the championship.

ImKobe
02-26-2015, 02:17 PM
Lakers in 6.

07 Kobe destroys Spurs worse than 08 Kobe, which makes up for the lower quality of teammates.

Pau wasn't really that great against the Spurs in 08, so not having him isn't that big of a loss there.

bballnoob1192
02-26-2015, 03:10 PM
kobe's history against the spurs is domination. i don't think i need to pull up his avgs versus the spurs, but that 2007 team was absolute crap so no chance he would win against the spurs. I could see him putting up godly numbers tho