PDA

View Full Version : What's wrong with the Wizards? Lost 9 out of last 11

Milbuck
02-26-2015, 01:29 AM
Serious question, haven't been watching them. What's up with them? Lost 9 of their last 11, now only a game and a half ahead of the Bucks for the 5th seed. Could end up #6 if this continues.

Done_And_Done
02-26-2015, 01:31 AM
From my small sample size of watching them play during the mentioned stretch, including tonight, I detect an overall lack of energy, aggression and interest. They're long ball seems to be failing, but on the token of my original point - they just seem really disinterested out there...

I'd like to hear someone with more viewing experience chime in though

Jasper
02-26-2015, 01:32 AM
yea I was thinking the same thing...

Is there some injuries , or Paul Pierce not doing it any more??? :confusedshrug:

Is Walls creating more TO's than Dimes ?

Seems Gordic numbers seem kind of low...

Whats the story ??

keep-itreal
02-26-2015, 01:33 AM
maybe because they suck??:confusedshrug:

Done_And_Done
I know Pierce sat out tonight and Beal hasn't played in a while...

Jasper
From my small sample size of watching them play during the mentioned stretch, including tonight, I detect an overall lack of energy, aggression and interest. They're long ball seems to be failing, but on the token of my original point - they just seem really disinterested out there...

I'd like to hear someone with more viewing experience chime in though
lack of interest .... Did the coach lose communication with his players..

I can't imagine Pierce letting his team , fade because of a lack of interest..

Graviton
02-26-2015, 01:34 AM
They were never that good, just another middle of the pack team in the East.

Same story every year, they start out well and play with energy, then as the season goes on they start sucking and putting in less effort. Actual contenders do the opposite, they raise their game the closer they get to the playoffs. See OKC, Cavs, Warriors.

Legends66NBA7
02-26-2015, 01:34 AM
Missing Brad Beal. Wall is their only consistent offensive threat.

Should have upgraded their bench and settled Ramon Sessions who's been garbage this sseason. Lack versatility in their front court, not a lot of range. Not enough consistent 3 point threats period.

I was pretty vocal (message board wise) about the Wizards being overrated in the East and it's starting to pan out that way. They've just looked bad since the start of this year.

Jud
02-26-2015, 01:35 AM
No Bradley Beal.

Done_And_Done
02-26-2015, 01:37 AM
Missing Brad Beal. Wall is their only consistent offensive threat.

Should have upgraded their bench and settled Ramon Sessions who's been garbage this sseason. Lack versatility in their front court, not a lot of range. Not enough consistent 3 point threats period.

I was pretty vocal (message board wise) about the Wizards being overrated in the East and it's starting to pan out that way. They've just looked bad since the start of this year.

I can't attest to this

ZMonkey11
02-26-2015, 01:50 AM
Pistons making them hear footsteps. Easy money.

edrick
02-26-2015, 01:54 AM
No Beal seems to be their biggest issue.

RedBlackAttack
02-26-2015, 01:56 AM
No Bradley Beal.
They lost five straight games before Beal went down with the injury. It's pretty clear that their issues go well beyond just the recent loss of Beal. Yeah, Beal has missed their last 7 games and they're 2-5 in that span, but they're now 4-12 in their last 16 games. It's not like Beal was really killing it this year anyway. His numbers had sort of regressed or stayed stagnant from last season, despite the team attempting to lean on him a bit more to playmake occasionally instead of just being a shooter.

I said prior to the season that the loss of Ariza was going to hurt a lot more than some were anticipating. I also think they got a little hot last year and the team was really clicking, but there was some fool's gold there.

When healthy, they have a pretty nice roster and some good young pieces, but they were never a legitimate threat to get through the East or even make the ECF, imo.

Fudge
02-26-2015, 02:12 AM
John Wall isn't who people think he is. Dude is just not cut out to be a leader...yet.

And Durant wants to go to this team, why? :lol

roffie
02-26-2015, 02:16 AM
nene, pierce and beal are no good... aren't consistent or healthy enough to stay elite

Legends66NBA7
02-26-2015, 02:36 AM
I can't attest to this

Google: insidehoops Legends66NBA7 wizards overrated

WallIn
02-26-2015, 05:59 AM
We all know who is responsible.

http://misterirrelevant.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/Randy-Wittman-is-awesome-e1329147259131.jpg

That cockroach.

Embarrassing stuff, losing by 20 points to the Wolves, seriously?

Pushxx
02-26-2015, 06:20 AM
Not nearly enough 3-PT shooters.

bdreason
02-26-2015, 06:25 AM
I haven't watched them play much, but they looked pretty good against the Warriors the other night.

It hurts me to say this, but I think they play a bit too traditional. They play through the post, but don't get to the FT line enough, and don't shoot enough 3's. This is either a strategic choice, or a personnel issue... but the stats point more towards it being a product of the offensive system.

Wizards have the 5th highest 3P% in the league at 36.4%. Yet they are 4th from last in 3PA per game at 16.3. In comparison, the two Conference leaders (Hawks/Warriors) are shooting around 38%, but are taking more than 27 3PA per game.

Gotterdammerung
02-26-2015, 02:22 PM
This link has the best explanation I've seen anywhere.

http://www.bulletsforever.com/2015/2/22/8085417/randy-wittman-is-mark-jackson-can-the-wizards-find-their-steve-kerr

Simply put, the Wizards are being held back by coach Wittman.

DMV2
02-26-2015, 02:35 PM
Gortat all alone in the post.
Nene injured and declining. Humphries lol?

Beal nagging injuries.
Webster and Butler are their bench.

It's basically Wall and Gortat.