PDA

View Full Version : Report: Kings' Cousins was not 'untouchable' at trade deadline

Dr Seuss
02-26-2015, 05:47 PM
Every player on the Kings' roster, including center DeMarcus Cousins was available to be traded during the trade deadline, a source told Bleacher Report.

http://fantasynews.cbssports.com/fantasybasketball/update/25082634/report-kings-cousins-was-not-untouchable-at-trade-deadline

who knows how true this was at this point, but it's interesting nonetheless. Perhaps DMC will be back on the table at the time of the draft? I could see teams offering nice packages for one of the leagues best bigmen.

it's also being rumored that if Lawson is again on the trading block this summer, George Karl would like the kings to go after him.

JerrySeinfeld
02-26-2015, 05:48 PM
it would take way too much to trade for cousins, so yeah, I don't believe he was exactly untouchable, but I doubt they would have considered any realistic offers

Dr Seuss
02-26-2015, 05:51 PM
cant argue with that. but i was thinking, if lakers keep their pick this season - lakers #1 + randle might be enough to part ways with him.

Foster5k
02-26-2015, 05:54 PM
it's also being rumored that if Lawson is again on the trading block this summer, George Karl would like the kings to go after him.
:oldlol:

What's George Karl trying to do? Reassemble the Denver Nuggets?

Anyhow, no one is untouchable. However, as other guy said, it would just take an insane amount to acquire him.

CeltsGarlic
02-26-2015, 06:02 PM
why the hell kings allow news like that to spread?
showing no love for players

IncarceratedBob
02-26-2015, 06:04 PM
Not surprised no one was willing to give up anything good for him. Notorious malcontent with really no bball talent aside from size

imnew09
02-26-2015, 06:06 PM
he's gone. He's coming to mah Lakers

Ca$H
02-26-2015, 06:17 PM
cant argue with that. but i was thinking, if lakers keep their pick this season - lakers #1 + randle might be enough to part ways with him.

depends what pick it is. #1 overall and Randle is too much. Okafor and Randle could be a better version of ZBO and Marc Gasol.

Fudge
02-26-2015, 06:17 PM
They should just let him rot in Sacramento. Nobody in this world is capable of putting this boy together. Too immature and too much of a crybaby and fake tough guy, therefore he wouldn't be capable of leading a team as the first option. Just leave him there for the rest of his career.

bdreason
02-26-2015, 06:22 PM
I'm sure they would have listened to offers for Davis, Durant, etc.

Le Shaqtus
02-26-2015, 06:25 PM
he's gone. He's coming to mah Lakers

He'd be the 3rd (4th if you count Gasol) center Kobe chased out of LA

Dr Seuss
02-26-2015, 06:27 PM
He'd be the 3rd (4th if you count Gasol) center Kobe chased out of LA

I get your attempt to bring the laughs. but truthfully, kobe was one of DMC's few supporters when he first tried out for Team USA 2 summers ago. Kobe's a fan.

JerrySeinfeld
02-26-2015, 06:37 PM
If we paired Cousins with Kobe would be contenders again right now...

Cousins has that competitive fire you want, just needs a mentor like Kobe to show him how to put it to good use.

We should have traded a first and Randle for Cousins and then traded Hill and another first for Beverley and Ariza.

Beverley
Kobe
Ariza
Boozer
Cousins

is a contender RIGHT NOW.

GOBB
02-26-2015, 06:47 PM
What do the Lakers have to offer besides their top 5 pick in 2015 which alone aint worth Cousins? Remember you owe my Sixers a first rd pick which more than likely will be in 2016. So yeah, pull a deal from your ass. I need a laugh right now.

Dr Seuss
02-26-2015, 06:51 PM
What do the Lakers have to offer besides their top 5 pick in 2015 which alone aint worth Cousins? Remember you owe my Sixers a first rd pick which more than likely will be in 2016. So yeah, pull a deal from your ass. I need a laugh right now.

the protected top 5 first and randle. could be a decent offer (essentially two top 7 picks in the last 2 years). but im sure that would all depend if the point of SAC trading DMC is to enter another rebuild mode.

is this considered a laughable offer? Lakers also have HOU's first, which will be in the late 20's

NoGunzJustSkillz
02-26-2015, 07:45 PM
the protected top 5 first and randle. could be a decent offer (essentially two top 7 picks in the last 2 years). but im sure that would all depend if the point of SAC trading DMC is to enter another rebuild mode.

is this considered a laughable offer? Lakers also have HOU's first, which will be in the late 20's
gonna have to throw jordan clarkson in, too. probably still doesn't get it done.

Ca$H
02-26-2015, 07:48 PM
gonna have to throw jordan clarkson in, too. probably still doesn't get it done.

LOL. Don't even know what pick it will be. If it's #1 or 2 overall then no thanks.

NoGunzJustSkillz
02-26-2015, 07:58 PM
LOL. Don't even know what pick it will be. If it's #1 or 2 overall then no thanks.
how bout 1 or 2 str8 up for cousins? i'd do it.

ILLsmak
02-26-2015, 09:03 PM

whut?

Nah.

I was championing big cuz before any of you dudes were. You were all saying HES A HEADCASE, but... this year, I dunno. I like Okafor a lot. I really think he's got potential to be a great player.

When you compare dudes like that... maybe Cousins could beast him 1v1. I dunno. But Okafor is a winning player, a smart guy who balls. Cuz hasn't proved he can be that yet. Not trading the potential of him for Cousins atm.

Of course, watch Okafor not even get picked 1st... or watch him bust. But still, as of now I'd not do it as a GM. It's also for marketing, getting a good player and maybe keeping him means a lot more than picking up some other team's star.

-Smak

JohnFreeman
02-26-2015, 09:08 PM
Please trade him, so he can go win

imnew09
02-26-2015, 09:13 PM

Los Angeles great beaches and btches. Hollywood lifestyle. Max contract. What else u want nigguh

Ca$H
02-26-2015, 09:15 PM

#1 no. I think Okafor will be better. Plus he is on a rookie salary. So you could add 2-3 max guys to Okafor and Randle. #2 Yes. Towns /Mudiay/Russel are by no means sure things.

coin24
02-26-2015, 09:24 PM
I take boogie over any of these overhyped draft busts..

If we get the #1 or 2 pick Id be more than happy to offload it along with randle for cousins.. A proven dominant center..

BUT, that would require the lakers to surround him and kobe with talent which they've proven the last few years to suck at:lol
They did nothing with nashs expirer and tgat Nash deal was an abomination to start with :facepalm :facepalm

ciaguy23
02-26-2015, 09:31 PM
its going to take a lot more then a possible top 5 pick and randle, who broke his foot this year and so his value isnt too great..........there are really only two teams that i think have enough pieces: phx and boston.

NuggetsFan
02-26-2015, 09:55 PM
its going to take a lot more then a possible top 5 pick and randle, who broke his foot this year and so his value isnt too great..........there are really only two teams that i think have enough pieces: phx and boston.

Maybe Denver depending on what kinda pull Karl has. They've already got Andre Miller so Karl has a say. Read on bleacher report that Karl would love to get Lawson, probably bullshit but who knows. Denver was built tailor made for Karl.

I can't see Cousins being moved. Karl wouldn't have took the job if rebuilding was the plan. Cousins gives them the best chance at winning games and Karl knows it. He's clashed with players before and can make it work.

Kings pick is protected top 10 right? So if they land somewhere inbetween 5-9 can see Karl pushing for that to be moved for a package that can bring more immediate help.

D-FENS
02-26-2015, 10:16 PM

Julius Randle, Jeremy Lin, top 5 pick, Ed Davis, plus a future pick would do it

TheMilkyBarKid
02-26-2015, 10:36 PM
Come to Boston boogie, we will appreciate you.

ciaguy23
02-26-2015, 10:54 PM
Maybe Denver depending on what kinda pull Karl has. They've already got Andre Miller so Karl has a say. Read on bleacher report that Karl would love to get Lawson, probably bullshit but who knows. Denver was built tailor made for Karl.

I can't see Cousins being moved. Karl wouldn't have took the job if rebuilding was the plan. Cousins gives them the best chance at winning games and Karl knows it. He's clashed with players before and can make it work.

Kings pick is protected top 10 right? So if they land somewhere inbetween 5-9 can see Karl pushing for that to be moved for a package that can bring more immediate help.

I could def see lawson as a package........im not sure how many picks denver has but it will take multiple.......i could see smart(i hope thomas instead but i doubt it) olynyk, james young and a bunch of picks for cousins.

bigt
02-27-2015, 01:18 AM
I'd be all for the Celtics throwing some of their many draft picks out to get Boogie on board honestly. Big fan of Cousins, it'd take me all of about 5 seconds to buy a Boogie Boston jersey

Nastradamus
02-27-2015, 01:23 AM
I'd be all for the Celtics throwing some of their many draft picks out to get Boogie on board honestly. Big fan of Cousins, it'd take me all of about 5 seconds to buy a Boogie Boston jersey

The Celtics or Philly are the top bets to go after him IMO. Sullinger,James Young and like 5 first rounders? They can take on a bad salary too if needed.

kenny817
02-27-2015, 09:48 AM
Laker fans are so f*cking stupid

Then again...there won't be any more when Kobe retires :roll: :roll: :roll:

SilkkTheShocker
02-27-2015, 10:05 AM
King's ownership is the worst in the league.

BlackWhiteGreen
02-27-2015, 10:38 AM
Laker fans are so f*cking stupid

Then again...there won't be any more when Kobe retires :roll: :roll: :roll:

Sadly i wouldn't put it past the Kings to accept this garbage offer

sd3035
02-27-2015, 11:03 AM
Cousins is just another Zach Randolph. If used correctly he can be an excellent addition to a team.

Levity
02-27-2015, 01:39 PM
Would love if the Lakers made a play for big boogie. But without a doubt, if Philly or Boston wants him, they have the best assets available.

but randle + our top 5 first + rockets first + clarkson/hills TO final year and future picks?, could be one of the better offers in the league, sans the two teams already mentioned.