PDA

View Full Version : Team fans vs. Player fans - why being a player fan is better

2010splash
02-26-2015, 06:44 PM
All you "team-first, Cavs for life" fans are pathetic. I ditched the Cavs for the Heat in 2010, and rejoined the Cavs bandwagon this past July 2014.

Why? Because life is short and I don't want to waste a second of it watching sh*tty, not entertaining basketball (aka bad/losing teams). It's a complete waste of time and brings me no pleasure or happiness.

The team/players don't care if you're a loyal diehard or a shameless bandwagoner. The fact that you even exist means nothing to them.

LeBron is probably the greatest player of all-time and whatever team he's on is the team I will watch. That's what I find entertaining.

I get a kick out of reading people's posts praising the "team first, no player is above the franchise" mentality these days. :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

Was there seriously any possible benefit to watching the 2011-2014 Cavs once LeBron left? They were the biggest joke alive. How about the 2011-2014 Heat? Oh, I don't know... only a mini dynasty that went to 4 straight Finals and won 2 titles.

Same now. Anything good about the worthless Heat now that LeBron has left? They suck. How about the Cavs? They're the next dynasty and much more fun to watch.

Peace.

Fudge
02-26-2015, 06:48 PM
:roll:

Meltdown.

JT123
02-26-2015, 06:54 PM
OP is absolutely correct. :applause:
I'm so sick of team fans acting like they are superior to player fans. I have been with Lebron through thick and thin. After Lebron went to Miami hating on him was considered the cool thing to do, (especially after the 2011 Finals) but did I jump on Dirk's bandwagon? NO, I stayed loyal to my guy and was rewarded with 2 rings and 4 straight deep playoff runs. :rockon:
Even this year several posters have suddenly jumped on Curry's bandwagon, but I stayed loyal to Lebron. If there's anything Lebron has taught me, it's that you have to be patient, even when times get tough. I stuck with Lebron through the rough start to the season, and he has once again rewarded me.

christian1923
02-26-2015, 06:54 PM
It means more to teams fans. We like to talk about our team, our future, the past, and everything in between.

Player fans probably never had a dad.

Fudge
02-26-2015, 06:55 PM

Im so nba'd out
02-26-2015, 06:58 PM
its called loyalty you pos...Just because my fav team is bad doesnt mean i sit and watch sixer games everytime they on.Every time they are going to be bad i just pay for league pass and watch whatever team i want to watch.Watching the whole league > only watch bron

GreggPopazit
02-26-2015, 06:59 PM
LeBron is probably the greatest player of all-time

Any validity to your post went away at this moment.

Rose'sACL
02-26-2015, 07:01 PM
It means more to teams fans. We like to talk about our team, our future, the past, and everything in between.

my dad is a knicks fan and i wanted anyone but knicks or bulls to win in the 90s.
liking sports should be the first step in becoming a fan whether team fan or player fan but i see too many people who are team/player fans first and sports fans second which means you watch sports more for the storyline media and other fans create than the game itself.

Legends66NBA7
02-26-2015, 07:12 PM
I'll go for option 3, be a fan of both.

brownmamba00
02-26-2015, 07:15 PM

Prime_Shaq
02-26-2015, 10:51 PM
I was a player fan, then he retired. You will understand how it feels when LeBron goes. Just keep waiting for an reincarnation.

JtotheIzzo
02-26-2015, 11:49 PM
I am a player fan, but I m jealous of team fans.

I am a team fan in other sports, but in basketball there were three major roadblocks to this. 1- I was way more into the sport, and thus had a number of players i was a fan of. 2- I grew up where there were no teams, and very little interest in the NBA (thus no adopted team, like my city did in other sports) 3-Phila was actually my favorite team because Barkley was my favorite player, but when they traded him I felt thoroughly betrayed, I had no attachment to the team other than him and the dope ass unis they had in the mid-80s.

Fandom is not a decision, it is a feeling, and now my allegiances lie with Basketball Canada, so I cheer for the guys in our system and want our national team to do great things. I was a big Nash homer las decade, now I am on the Wiggins bandwagon because I want him to do as well as possible. It will be good for the game in Canada.