PDA

View Full Version : Question for anyone who watched the game?

kells333
02-27-2015, 03:09 AM
Russell westbrook just had a 39/14/11 triple double but shot 12/38 from the field. My question for you guys is do you consider this a good game or a bad game?

J Shuttlesworth
02-27-2015, 03:10 AM
His team was down about 10, and he willed them back into the game. He was involved in every clutch play down the stretch and succeeded, aside from a missed 3 and a missed open layup in OT

Bledsoe had a better game though

navy
02-27-2015, 03:11 AM
Hmm, he hit big shots so it wasnt a bad game. He missed an easy layup in overtime though.

But he was chucking and from the looks of it, his team wasnt exactly having problems scoring without him. Might have even blown the Suns out.

It was a Westbrook game. Take it as it is.

No way you win in the playoffs going 12/38 though.

RoundMoundOfReb
02-27-2015, 03:12 AM
overall good...but not nearly as good as the basic stats look

ImKobe
02-27-2015, 03:12 AM
he had a bad shooting night but he played a good all-around game, happened to be unlucky on that last layup attempt that he made more difficult then it had to be, which is why he missed it. But he did will his team to OT, too bad it wasn't enough.

He woulda had a 50-point triple dub if his shot was on :(

kells333
02-27-2015, 03:35 AM
Ook i was just making sure. My face book timeline and even the game thread on here it looked like people were pissed he shot so much. To me it looked like he had a good game, just missed some pullups he usually hits.

kells333
02-27-2015, 03:36 AM
he had a bad shooting night but he played a good all-around game, happened to be unlucky on that last layup attempt that he made more difficult then it had to be, which is why he missed it. But he did will his team to OT, too bad it wasn't enough.

He woulda had a 50-point triple dub if his shot was on :(

He just had 39 on a terrible shooting night. He wouldve had 60 if his shot was on.

ImKobe
02-27-2015, 03:38 AM
He just had 39 on a terrible shooting night. He wouldve had 60 if his shot was on.

50 if he shot like 45% (around average) and 60 if he was on fire

god damn it

I'm just waiting for the night where his shot is on and he's also putting up a triple double, I wanna see them 2K numbers.

imdaman99
02-27-2015, 03:40 AM
If his shot was on he wouldn't have got to 60. OKC would have won in a blowout.

I watched the 2nd half and I had no problem with a lot of the shots down the stretch. He had a great pass to Waiters wide open for 3 but this dumbass dribbles out of it to throw the ball out of bounds and had a great pass to Ibaka down low but he's soft as f and couldn't score. I just feel like he lost trust and was no longer a willing passer.

Droid101
02-27-2015, 03:40 AM
Great game.

Played not so great early. Then willed his team to overtime. They should never have been close to that. Westbrook has moved into second on the MVP chart to Curry.

MMM
02-27-2015, 03:41 AM
Don't feel like it was a good game. If he shoots better or made better decisions they would have not been down big in the first place

CeltsGarlic
02-27-2015, 03:42 AM
He didnt get others involved..

GreggPopazit
02-27-2015, 03:46 AM
39 off of 38 shots is not anything impressive, but to also get the triple double makes it a good game.

MMM
02-27-2015, 03:47 AM
Missing 26 shoots isn't really an acceptable performance. If you taking that many of your team shots you really need to hit close to half but only making roughly a 3rd of 40 shot attempts is disgusting.

plowking
02-27-2015, 03:54 AM
He started out 1-10 if that puts the 12-38 into perspective. Sure, he played great down the stretch for the most part, but the whole game is to be taken into account. I don't think it is a particularly good game. You shouldn't be taking 40 shots in a game if you're shooting under 33%. Whether anyone wants to believe it or not, it is in fact hurting your team.

Bledsoe was better than him tonight.

VengefulAngel
02-27-2015, 06:30 AM
He started out 1-10 if that puts the 12-38 into perspective. Sure, he played great down the stretch for the most part, but the whole game is to be taken into account. I don't think it is a particularly good game. You shouldn't be taking 40 shots in a game if you're shooting under 33%. Whether anyone wants to believe it or not, it is in fact hurting your team.

Bledsoe was better than him tonight.

He started 1-12. But agree with the rest.

GOATbrook
02-27-2015, 08:12 AM
GOAT posting triple-double in bad game.

There is no other PG or I'm gonna say player posting triple-double when shooting 12-38.

kells333
02-27-2015, 09:20 AM
Great game.

Played not so great early. Then willed his team to overtime. They should never have been close to that. Westbrook has moved into second on the MVP chart to Curry.

Agreed

kells333
02-27-2015, 09:24 AM
He didnt get others involved..

See i feel like there were times when he tried but outside of catch and shoots noone was doing anything when they got it. There were a few times he gave it to ibaka but ibaka had no idea what to do with the ball

Taller than CP3
02-27-2015, 09:24 AM
He was out alpha'd and taken to school by Bledsoe.

Westbrook looked like he was going to cry every time Bledsoe scored on him.

imdaman99
02-27-2015, 10:30 AM
He was out alpha'd and taken to school by Bledsoe.

Westbrook looked like he was going to cry every time Bledsoe scored on him.
Sure, except that Bledsoe only scored half his points on Westbrook. The other half he was blowing by Kanter over and over and over for easy layups. Scott Brooks with terrible adjustments again. Westbrook has to depend on Kanter when he gets picked by the other team's center :roll:

kshutts1
02-27-2015, 10:54 AM
As Plowking referenced, Westbrook started off pretty poorly. I'm quite sure he started off 1-12. Which means he ended the game 11/26? That's not bad.

And of those first 12 shots, I only remember seeing one shot that should not have been taken. Otherwise he was missing difficult layups and open-enough-for-him 15-18 foot pullups.

Basically.. I would have wanted him to take those shots anyway, with that one exception.

So I think he played a great game, and just shot poorly. It happens.

sd3035
02-27-2015, 10:58 AM
He basically had a bad game. A triple double is easy for him, especially in OT. He played normally but shot worse than he usually does

HurricaneKid
02-27-2015, 11:17 AM
He took some AWFUL shots. I remember Reggie laughing at his "heat check" 3 when he was 5/22.

And when the guy across from you goes 28/13/9 on 11/16 and you go 12/38 YOU are the deficit. YOU are the reason you lost.

StrongLurk
02-27-2015, 11:52 AM
Glad someone made this thread because Westbrook's statline blew my mind. Last time I checked he was 3-17 from the field and he might've had 10-12 points. I think this was the beginning of the second half, and I made the comment that he is the only person I've seen who can match young Lebron's (first Cavaliers stint) insane court energy.

I check the boxscore this morning and somehow he puts up a massive 39 point triple double, albeit horrible efficiency. Like, it isn't even about whether it was good or not, his absurd energy actually kept his team in the game. I can't even quantify his raw stats because it should be a negative, but the fact the one player produced those raw stats (38 shots, 16 freethrows and a bunch of rebounds and assists) in only like 36 minutes is just so absurd that I don't know what to think about it but be amazed.

Thorpesaurous
02-27-2015, 01:13 PM
As Plowking referenced, Westbrook started off pretty poorly. I'm quite sure he started off 1-12. Which means he ended the game 11/26? That's not bad.

And of those first 12 shots, I only remember seeing one shot that should not have been taken. Otherwise he was missing difficult layups and open-enough-for-him 15-18 foot pullups.

Basically.. I would have wanted him to take those shots anyway, with that one exception.

So I think he played a great game, and just shot poorly. It happens.

I pretty much agree with this. If a guy is as good as he is, you have to want him to shoot through slumps. Especially when the team is as injury laden as they are at this point. The quality of a shot is relative in part to the other options available, and Ibaka needs to be fed, he's not a creator, Kanter still doesn't know what the hell he's doing. Sometimes you need a guy to just try to shoulder the load.