PDA

View Full Version : 2015 AFL Premiership Season Thread (Australian Football)

Im Still Ballin
02-27-2015, 06:02 AM
First pre-season game was yesterday between defending champs Hawthorn and Collingwood

My West Coke Eagles are smashing Carltank as we speak.

poido123
02-27-2015, 06:26 AM
Natanui was injured again recently I heard...

Up til then an excellent preseason. I even considered him for fantasy

Im Still Ballin
02-27-2015, 06:30 AM
No Big Dean Cox this year so it's either make or break for Natanui...

He's been riding this "potential" for years now... Been around for like 7 years now and it still feels like he hasn't done much

Im Still Ballin
02-27-2015, 10:05 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vD5ti5J_L90
Greatest sporting fan moment in my life.

Oh how I miss that team. The Cocaine era...

El Kabong
02-27-2015, 10:11 AM
First pre-season game was yesterday between defending champs Hawthorn and Collingwood

My West Coke Eagles are smashing Carltank as we speak.
Pretty much anyone could have smashed that Carlton team tonight. Sucks about McKenzie though.

Im Still Ballin
02-27-2015, 10:18 AM
Pretty much anyone could have smashed that Carlton team tonight. Sucks about McKenzie though.
Had such a good last season too

El Kabong
02-28-2015, 08:26 AM
Looks like young Libba has done an ACL today as well.

Im Still Ballin
02-28-2015, 08:52 AM
Looks like young Libba has done an ACL today as well.
Christ...

AFL is such a brutal game... I'm not sure any other sport has as many knee injuries... The 360 degrees aspect makes for unpredictable and reckless movements... Not surprised most AFL careers don't last long... Judd is just about done and he's only 31

Im Still Ballin
04-02-2015, 05:33 AM
First game of the season today

Richmond up by 7 at the half

HUGE report first minute of the game..Deledio is gone for atleast 2 weeks I reckon

FOOOOOOOOOOTY!

Im Still Ballin
04-02-2015, 05:35 AM
Dale Thomas shoulder injury

Could be out for the season... Least is 6 weeks

Damn son

Hittin_Shots
04-02-2015, 05:46 AM
What teams you guys all fans of. I'm an Adelaide Crows member myself.

Im Still Ballin
04-02-2015, 05:56 AM
I'm a Eagles fan myself being from Perth

Was a dees fan for awhile when they had Russell Robertson but they've been shit ever since he retired

Hittin_Shots
04-02-2015, 05:57 AM
I'm a Eagles fan myself being from Perth

Was a dees fan for awhile when they had Russell Robertson but they've been shit ever since he retired

They've been Shit longer than that

Saying that, the crows game vs Dees last year was the worst game I've ever seen.

Im Still Ballin
04-02-2015, 06:04 AM
They've been Shit longer than that

Saying that, the crows game vs Dees last year was the worst game I've ever seen.
Yeah i remembered they beat the saints back in 05 made it to a semi then got pumped by freo... Went to that game

They were coming around when dean bailey was HC... around 2010-2011, then they fired him... I guess Roos is about as good a HC you can get though so they are in good hands... Hopefully Hogan comes around.. They got shafted by Mitch clark though... I like the harry o signing though, he's underrated at the moment

Hittin_Shots
04-02-2015, 06:49 AM
Yeah i remembered they beat the saints back in 05 made it to a semi then got pumped by freo... Went to that game

They were coming around when dean bailey was HC... around 2010-2011, then they fired him... I guess Roos is about as good a HC you can get though so they are in good hands... Hopefully Hogan comes around.. They got shafted by Mitch clark though... I like the harry o signing though, he's underrated at the moment

He doesn't have a million extra salary cap room on the Dees though. Or anywhere near as good a team as the swans.

Im Still Ballin
04-02-2015, 07:03 AM
He doesn't have a million extra salary cap room on the Dees though. Or anywhere near as good a team as the swans.
I guess

Seems like the Doc Rivers of the AFL to be honest... Got an underachieving Swans team with a young Goodes and turned them into a championship side

I remember he was the first to really bring zones and flooding into the game when most things were man to man

Hittin_Shots
04-02-2015, 07:10 AM
I guess

Seems like the Doc Rivers of the AFL to be honest... Got an underachieving Swans team with a young Goodes and turned them into a championship side

I remember he was the first to really bring zones and flooding into the game when most things were man to man

Eagles making the right this year?

Im Still Ballin
04-02-2015, 07:20 AM
Eagles making the right this year?
Most have em around 8-10

Got quality bigs but lack a midfield and pace

And we just lost one of our key position defenders for the year

Think we got a heck of a rookie though, Tom Lamb should be good

I'm gonna be optimistic and say we finish 12-10 and 8th... That should get you in now that Gold coast and GWS have had a few years to not be easy beats now

Im Still Ballin
04-02-2015, 07:30 AM
Dale Thomas out 12-16 weeks via Mark Stevens

Horrible news, dude can't catch a break

Im Still Ballin
04-02-2015, 08:31 AM
Im a roos supporter. How do you think we will go?
Top 5 squad in my opinion

Last few years they've been easily the biggest underachievers... Kind of like Geelong around 05-06 before they dominated... Who knows but I'm predicting a big year from them, all the close games they should have won in the last few years they will win those ones now

El Kabong
04-02-2015, 09:37 AM
Hopefully you'll lose on Sunday (though I have then in the Top 4 for the season)

Hittin_Shots
04-02-2015, 11:35 AM

As long as you go woefully on this Sunday I don't mind

Hittin_Shots
04-02-2015, 11:36 AM
Hopefully you'll lose on Sunday (though I have then in the Top 4 for the season)

You a crows man?

El Kabong
04-02-2015, 11:41 AM
You a crows man?
Indeed I am. You?

Hittin_Shots
04-02-2015, 11:47 AM
Indeed I am. You?

Of course, you from Sa then?

El Kabong
04-02-2015, 12:04 PM
Of course, you from Sa then?
Certainly am. Small world haha.

Hittin_Shots
04-02-2015, 12:16 PM
Certainly am. Small world haha.

Yea, .Adelaide is pretty small too lol maybe I know u

Im Still Ballin
04-03-2015, 04:29 AM
HUGE Saturday of footy tomorrow

Gold Coast v Melbourne
Sydney vs Essendon
Brisbane vs Collingwood
Western Bulldogs vs West Coast

I'm picking wins for GC, Syd, Collingwood and West Coast

Excited to see the GOAT Garry Ablett in his return since that shoulder injury

bergs14
04-03-2015, 05:28 AM
Hawks :rockon:

Im Still Ballin
04-03-2015, 05:39 AM
Hawks :rockon:
3peat on the cards

Amazing how they've stayed elite since 2007

3/4 in GFs in the last 7 years

Geelong were 3/4 in 5 years

If they win this year I'd put them ahead of Brisbane and Geelong as the greatest dynasty of the modern era

El Kabong
04-03-2015, 07:16 AM
3peat on the cards

Amazing how they've stayed elite since 2007

3/4 in GFs in the last 7 years

Geelong were 3/4 in 5 years

If they win this year I'd put them ahead of Brisbane and Geelong as the greatest dynasty of the modern era
Hawks are smart usually. They use their 1st round picks to trade in ready made talent and skip that 2-3 year development period, so the guys can come straight into the 22. Using 1st round picks to trade for guys like Burgoyne, Lake, McEvoy, O'Rourke etc and then they nail their later picks to still have youth to develop and fill out the 22. Guys like Hill, Puopolo, Bruest, Ceglar, Hartung etc all taken with later picks.

bergs14
04-03-2015, 08:02 AM
Hawks are smart usually. They use their 1st round picks to trade in ready made talent and skip that 2-3 year development period, so the guys can come straight into the 22. Using 1st round picks to trade for guys like Burgoyne, Lake, McEvoy, O'Rourke etc and then they nail their later picks to still have youth to develop and fill out the 22. Guys like Hill, Puopolo, Bruest, Ceglar, Hartung etc all taken with later picks.

Agreed. Throw Isaac smith in to that mix too and a guy who I rate pretty highly - Jed Anderson. Looking forward to this season, and especially Easter Monday vs Geelong.

Im Still Ballin
04-03-2015, 10:48 PM
Melbourne v Gold coast underway

FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTY

Im Still Ballin
04-03-2015, 11:47 PM
Go dees

Looking dope

49-24 up

Dean Kemp looking good, WA boy

Loving the rebound off half back, going straight thru the corridor

Im Still Ballin
04-04-2015, 04:43 AM
howabout that comeback from sydney

Melbourne with a great win

My eagles in a scrap with WB atm

Im Still Ballin
04-04-2015, 05:03 AM
Barry Hall sideline commentary got me reminiscing

http://i.imgur.com/Q3Kut.gif

The perfect punch

JohnFreeman
04-04-2015, 05:05 AM
AFL is horrible, sorry Mack. First thing we disagree on champ.

Hittin_Shots
04-04-2015, 06:44 AM
AFL is horrible, sorry Mack. First thing we disagree on champ.

GTFO with urshitty opinion

Im Still Ballin
04-04-2015, 07:03 AM
Eagles looked horrible

Lucky to be in that game

Very slow lack pace

Bulldogs FWD pressure is promising

Hittin_Shots
04-04-2015, 08:38 AM
Barry Hall sideline commentary got me reminiscing

http://i.imgur.com/Q3Kut.gif

The perfect punch

Lol guy coming steaming in just to get knocked on his ass.

Hittin_Shots
04-04-2015, 08:39 AM
Gonna go the crows game tomorrow, hope we get the W.

Hittin_Shots
04-05-2015, 02:43 AM
Good first half

Hittin_Shots
04-05-2015, 09:10 AM
WE'RE ON TOP OF THE LADDER,

Port lost. All is right in my world.

Im Still Ballin
04-05-2015, 09:15 AM
Shock of the round

North once again failing to live up to expectations

Freo game was insane, I live 15 minute walk from Subi, was very loud

Freo look to be primed for a good year... Although outside of Pav who's getting old they lack a tall target up forward... They got to put Sandilands or Clarke down there more often, they have the smalls to compliment a tall

Fyfe best player in the league right now IMO

HUGE game tomorrow, going to be interesting to see how Mitch Clark goes on his new team

Hittin_Shots
04-05-2015, 09:59 AM
Shock of the round

North once again failing to live up to expectations

Freo game was insane, I live 15 minute walk from Subi, was very loud

Freo look to be primed for a good year... Although outside of Pav who's getting old they lack a tall target up forward... They got to put Sandilands or Clarke down there more often, they have the smalls to compliment a tall

Fyfe best player in the league right now IMO

HUGE game tomorrow, going to be interesting to see how Mitch Clark goes on his new team

Kangas weren't favourites for that game, wasn't a shock. They haven't won a round one since Brayshaw so that's at least 8 years.

Tex Is a beast. missed 4 easy goals too could of been 10 goals, 15 marks 21 kicks 1 handball to a goal.

Hittin_Shots
04-05-2015, 11:56 AM
Got to agree Fyfe is a gun. Great to watch unless he's playing the crows. Was great to watch today though.

Im Still Ballin
04-11-2015, 01:02 AM
My eagles with a thumping of carlton last night

Josh Kennedy 10 goals

Melbourne thrashing GWS at the moment

Jesse Hogan is for real

Im Still Ballin
04-11-2015, 06:54 AM
Melbourne with a colassal choke

Bulldogs looking great. That pace and FWD pressure is a signature

Adelaide though. Looking very very good. They might just be back to that 2012 top four level. Tex is back to that level before the injury, Sloane just keeps getting better and Danger is something else... IMO they'll make the top 4, North melb will choke this season as usual

Saints spankin Gold Coast

Sydney up 20 or so at the half over Port. They are looking good. Bet Port didn't expect to be potentially 0-2 to start the season

Hittin_Shots
04-14-2015, 07:22 AM
Port would want to beat kangas this weekend, they got hawks then showdown after that.. might start 0-5

GIF REACTION
08-23-2015, 10:08 AM
This has been the most insane season

My Eagles have shocked the world

I made the prediction of the year over at Bigfooty. Rebumped my thread I made in January and made 99% of the posters look like fools

GIF REACTION
08-24-2015, 08:49 AM
http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-premiership/west-coast-hawthorn-adelaide-meet-champion-datas-premiership-standard-after-round-21/story-e6frf3e3-1227496846679

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CNI3wadUsAApkTL.png:large

Interesting stuff. Everybody knows Freo doesn't have the offense to win it all. We were able to dismantle their defense without pretty much all our key defenders, McGovern and Nataniu. I feel like we are the best team when healthy. What sets us and Hawthorn apart from the rest is not the defensive pressing which everyone does. It's our skills and offensive potency and spacing. Teams like the Bulldogs play a fast and reckless gameplan down the corridor, and on a short field like Etihad, it can be lethal. It's a dangerous style of play, and we've seen how Port have done this year compared to last. The Dogs got burn't yesterday playing through the corridor on the long subiaco field. Eagles like to play wide, and it works because we have such good skills. It allows us to always be ready defensively, and get numbers to contests, which makes up for our lack of big key position defenders who are all injured atm. We play a similar style to 2010-2011 Collingwood, but with more elements from current Hawthorn.

On a sunny, dry September day at the MCG, we can definitely take down the Hawks.

North and Richmond are still my sleepers to win it all. Richmond knows how to break down the press. They have very good skills, which was shown in the Hawthorn game a few weeks back.

GIF REACTION
09-07-2015, 09:58 AM
Regular season finished

Eagles finished 2nd on the ladder

About as amazing as a season as I could have hoped for

Top 2 teams are Perth teams

The hype around the town is insane

2 qualifying finals in Perth

If you know footy then you know how rare this is for a non Victorian team

Might go to the game on friday night

Eagles v Hawthorn

Insane matchup