PDA

View Full Version : People who think Steph Curry > LeBron offensively whats your excuse for last night?

Im so nba'd out
02-27-2015, 01:16 PM
How can you with a straight face say someone is better than someone else when they constantly get outplayed head 2 head?

http://s22.postimg.org/npu8che4h/Chef_Curry.jpg

I hate lebald stans but i love both players.My avatar for 5 of the 7 years I've been on this website was lebron for 4 years and steph for 1 year so I have no agenda.

Bobcats2013
02-27-2015, 04:11 PM
Lebron - 53-72 FTs
Curry - 20-23 FTs

/thread

GimmeThat
02-27-2015, 04:18 PM
D'antoni would love this, but its a whole lot about 5 posession offense versus 3 posessions in the same time frame (game clock wise)

And Curry's shooting ability attempts to makes it as even as possible.

Milbuck
02-27-2015, 04:19 PM
You better believe Steph > Harden then.

4 match ups for the 2 MVP candidates this year:

Steph: 26/7/8 on 58% FG, W/L: 4-0

Harden: 25/6/5 on 39% FG, W/L: 0-4

http://i.picasion.com/resize79/1051574aa4646b24a8c9acafdd286ece.png

24-Inch_Chrome
02-27-2015, 04:22 PM
Lebron - 53-72 FTs
Curry - 20-23 FTs

/thread

:rolleyes:

A 33 point FT disparity explains being outscored by a total of 86 points? Take the FTs out of it and James still outscored him by 53 points.

3ball
02-27-2015, 04:24 PM
http://gifsforum.com/images_new/gif/other/grand/1dc96941a9ff6d64bfb56f67900cac7e.gif

Lebron is better than Curry offensively - only an ignoramus would think otherwise.

But Lebron benefits from today's open game more than Curry does - penetration is now an automatic, built-in component of today's game.. The spacing, open paint, and the hands-off approach that perimeter defenders must employ allows penetrators like Lebron to waltz down the lane untouched as a standard (shown in the GIF above)..

So while Lebron is better than Curry in pretty much any scenario, Lebron HAS benefited more than Curry from the spacing and rule changes that opened up the middle of the floor and made penetration automatic.

ShawkFactory
02-27-2015, 04:28 PM
Lebron - 53-72 FTs
Curry - 20-23 FTs

/thread
How..

Cocaine80s
02-27-2015, 04:29 PM
http://gifsforum.com/images_new/gif/other/grand/1dc96941a9ff6d64bfb56f67900cac7e.gif

Lebron is better than Curry offensively - only an ignoramus would think otherwise.

But Lebron benefits from today's open game more than Curry does - penetration is now an automatic, built-in component of today's game.. The spacing, open paint, and the hands-off approach that perimeter defenders must employ allows penetrators like Lebron to waltz down the lane untouched as a standard (shown in the GIF above)..

So while Lebron is better than Curry in pretty much any scenario, Lebron HAS benefited more than Curry from the spacing and rule changes that opened up the middle of the floor and made penetration automatic.
http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view6/2534456/lebron-james-farts-o.gif

Interesting... because I think Lebron is better than Curry offensively - only an ignoramus would think otherwise.

handbanana
02-27-2015, 05:09 PM
Lebron - 53-72 FTs
Curry - 20-23 FTs

/thread

like that's a bad thing..
forcing defense to foul you more?
level of stupidity -> 0.975 (1 is absolute max)

KirbyPls
02-27-2015, 05:15 PM

Chest-to-Chest, pain-cramping, Jordan.

:biggums:

Nash
no sane person thinks Curry is better at Lebron in anything on a basketball court except for useless 3 point shots.

SpanishACB
better offensively can mean a bunch of things though

i think curry has more offensive skills than Lebron, he's more creative, has a better shot, and would finish just as good in traffic if he had Lebron's body

but Lebron is more dominant, partly due to his phisique

KirbyPls
02-27-2015, 05:16 PM
http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view6/2534456/lebron-james-farts-o.gif

Interesting... because I think Lebron is better than Curry offensively - only an ignoramus would think otherwise.

I respect your opinion, but I think Lebron is better than Curry offensively - only an ignoramus would think otherwise.

Cocaine80s is offline Add to Cocaine80s's Reputation Report Bad Post Reply With Quote

Im so nba'd out
02-27-2015, 05:29 PM
better offensively can mean a bunch of things though

i think curry has more offensive skills than Lebron, he's more creative, has a better shot, and would finish just as good in traffic if he had Lebron's body

but Lebron is more dominant, partly due to his phisique
basically you're saying curry is more aesthetically pleasing to watch and they dont have the same body so you admit lebron > curry offensively

CavaliersFTW
02-27-2015, 05:31 PM
To be fair if Lebron had Ky-D guarding him their stats would be flipped.

Little guys are well-known to be great Lebron stoppers.

SpanishACB
02-27-2015, 05:33 PM
basically you're saying curry is more aesthetically pleasing to watch and they dont have the same body so you admit lebron > curry offensively

I do admit that if we're saying that being a better offensive player means you dominate more and put up better stats.

But that's like comparing the offensive game of say, peak Dwight Howard, with someone like Marc Gasol. Dwight put up much better numbers, and yet I believe Marc has much more offensive skill, regardless of stats.

I'm not saying Lebron is all body, he has very good fundamentals regardless of his lack of a post game, he's an incredible finisher and has a very soft touch around the basket, as well as very good vision and passing skills. But Curry's game is just more natural. He moves the ball with much more flow, when was the last time Lebron crossed someone over or faked a move into another that didn't look extremely forced? He does it, at times, but it doesn't look as aesthetical as Curry, because again, I believe Stephen has a more natural skill to the game.

After the Allstar weekend and following games I think it became clear who the most skilled player in the game is, offensivly, and that's Curry. That doesn't mean he needs to dominate all stats, that's dominance, not offensive skill.

bizil
02-27-2015, 05:39 PM
Lebron is a point forward or pass first player who CAN also get u 30 a night. That's Big O kind of shit right there. Once u couple his versatility, Bron is the premier offensive weapon (scoring and passing as a package) in the league. KD is the best scorer in the world though. What makes Bron special is the fact that he's among the top five scorers AND passers in the world. After Bron, I think cats like Curry and Westbrook combine scoring and passing the best.

However in terms of shooting, passing, and dribbling as a package, Steph is the best in the world! And probably even all time! So Steph has Bron beat in that regard.