PDA

View Full Version : No love for Earl Lloyd?

Nuff Said
02-27-2015, 02:53 PM
First African American nba player died today at age 83. I didn't even know he was still alive. How come he gets no love?

oarabbus
02-27-2015, 02:54 PM
There was already at least one topic about this...

Nuff Said
02-27-2015, 03:12 PM
There was already at least one topic about this...
So why doesn't anyone give a ****? Was he a bust?

GreggPopazit
02-27-2015, 03:20 PM
There was plenty of attention about this. There was a thread discussing it on ISH, ESPN has covered it, the TNT guys talked about it, and I have seen it many places on the net. Not sure how you missed it, OP.

GOBB
02-27-2015, 03:26 PM
So why doesn't anyone give a ****? Was he a bust?

Google him yourself and report back to us what you find. That way your thread could actually be meaningful. Right now it seems like you were on facebook and saw something in your news feed about it. Then rushed here to act like you're up to date on him and genuinely wondering why he isn't getting more love.

Nuff Said
02-27-2015, 03:31 PM
Google him yourself and report back to us what you find. That way your thread could actually be meaningful. Right now it seems like you were on facebook and saw something in your news feed about it. Then rushed here to act like you're up to date on him and genuinely wondering why he isn't getting more love.
Act like I'm up to date with him? I asked was he a bust. I'm clearly not up to date. I am surprised that my first hearing of him passing was on another website and not this one. I've no idea what you are talking about homie.

CavaliersFTW
02-27-2015, 04:02 PM
First African American nba player died today at age 83. I didn't even know he was still alive. How come he gets no love?
86 not 83 but still,

RIP

boozehound
02-27-2015, 04:12 PM
There was plenty of attention about this. There was a thread discussing it on ISH, ESPN has covered it, the TNT guys talked about it, and I have seen it many places on the net. Not sure how you missed it, OP.
This. Also, the reason a thread about him quickly falls off the page is because a) none of us saw him play and b) he was not an all-time great like russell. He was something like the 100th pick in the draft in a league with 8 teams. He was really only the "first" black player because of scheduling, as 3 other black players were also picked that year.

Now, he was the first black player to win a championship (co-shared) and the first black assistant coach (proud of my pistons for that one).

RIP, but hes not an entity known by modern fans, particularly the idiot fanbois who populate online message boards.

boozehound
02-27-2015, 04:12 PM
is he good? Can the cavs get him?

GOBB
02-27-2015, 04:14 PM
Act like I'm up to date with him? I asked was he a bust. I'm clearly not up to date. I am surprised that my first hearing of him passing was on another website and not this one. I've no idea what you are talking about homie.

Google is your friend.

GreggPopazit
02-27-2015, 07:58 PM
is he good? Can the cavs get him?

Not anymore, and no.

sd3035
02-27-2015, 08:21 PM

We're not all 70 years old like Lazerus

04mzwach
02-27-2015, 09:31 PM
How many people do you think that grew up watching him are able to operate a computer, let alone have an ISH account? :lol