Lebron23
02-27-2015, 03:40 PM
Great news for the Pacers fan.

ImKobe
02-27-2015, 04:46 PM
can't wait to see him play again.

Done_And_Done
02-27-2015, 05:16 PM
As a Raptors fan, I would not be thrilled to see a Pacers squad with PG in their lineup in the playoffs. Especially when you know they'll be playing with lowered expectations/pressure and chip on their shoulder.

Meticode
02-27-2015, 05:24 PM
More power to you Mr. George. I'm all for a competitive league and when he went down, the East especially got less competitive. Hope the Pacers sneak into the playoffs.

My tribute video to George after he went down: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Rw15uc1Fx8

Alamо
02-27-2015, 05:26 PM
hope he comes back stronger

Meticode
02-27-2015, 05:28 PM
hope he comes back stronger
Ditto.

GOBB
02-27-2015, 06:15 PM
Really no point coming back. Plus Pacers could use a higher draft pick.

Milbuck
02-27-2015, 06:30 PM
What do you mean there's no point? They're not some bottom feeding team, they're literally just one game back from the 8th seed. And it's 7 weeks till the playoffs. If he comes back in like 4 weeks, they make a push for that 8th seed, he gets like 3 weeks to work himself into shape...:confusedshrug: There is no benefit to holding him out the whole season if he's 100% good to go and is mentally ready as well.

Meticode
02-27-2015, 06:31 PM
I disagree. With over 1 month of the season left the Pacers are 1 game from the 8th spot.

Hibbert/Mahinmi
West/Scola
George/Copeland
Miles/Stuckey
Hill/Watson

...they'd basically be fully healthy to make a playoff push. They would probably be a top 5 team in the East if they were healthy this year. No point comes into play if you cannot make the playoffs and be competitive in them, they can do both.

Milbuck
02-27-2015, 06:33 PM
I disagree. With over 1 month of the season left the Pacers are 1 game from the 8th spot.

Hibbert/Mahinmi
West/Scola
George/Copeland
Miles/Stuckey
Hill/Watson

...they'd basically be fully healthy to make a playoff push.
If PG is 85-90% of PG by playoff time, which is entirely possible, they could seriously push Atlanta in the 1st round. That's a really solid team. They've been better than their record all year, they just didn't have that alpha dog scorer to carry them in tough times. With PG back they could be a tough out for any team in the East outside of probably Cleveland.

Meticode
02-27-2015, 06:36 PM
If PG is 85-90% of PG by playoff time, which is entirely possible, they could seriously push Atlanta in the 1st round. That's a really solid team. They've been better than their record all year, they just didn't have that alpha dog scorer to carry them in tough times. With PG back they could be a tough out for any team in the East outside of probably Cleveland.
I would assume he'd be higher than 90%. He's been working out a lot while being injured and he'll have over a month to get into basketball shape and be fresh.

GOBB
02-27-2015, 06:42 PM

Hibbert/Mahinmi
West/Scola
George/Copeland
Miles/Stuckey
Hill/Watson

...they'd basically be fully healthy to make a playoff push. They would probably be a top 5 team in the East if they were healthy this year. No point comes into play if you cannot make the playoffs and be competitive in them, they can do both.

He is going to return mid march. No exact date from what I've heard. There are 25 games left. Mid march means 5 games would have been played by then. So you're talkin 20 (estimate) games for George to get back in the flow of things. I just don't see the point with this big of a layoff he's gonna need time. 20 games is enough? Listen to him yourself...

"I have targeted March 1 as the date that I would go 100 percent in practice, and if everything felt good, I'd give myself another two weeks to get in shape to play in a game."

George said he still has a long way to go but "the best part is feeling like a basketball player again. "The biggest fear I have is injuring my [left] healthy leg because I'm so used to it being the stronger one and I don't want to overcompensate for it," George said. "I got a rod in my other one, so that's stronger than it was before."

I just dont see a point. Pacers currently slotted at the 10th spot in the lottery. Get a good talent around that range + healthy George next season > than a unsure George need to play himself back into shape in a short amount of time, hope not to get injured (affecting next season) and maybe make playoffs.

Meticode
02-27-2015, 06:43 PM
He is going to return mid march. No exact date from what I've heard. There are 25 games left. Mid march means 5 games would have been played by then. So you're talkin 20 (estimate) games for George to get back in the flow of things. I just don't see the point with this big of a layoff he's gonna need time. 20 games is enough? Listen to him yourself...

I just dont see a point. Pacers currently slotted at the 10th spot in the lottery. Get a good talent around that range + healthy George next season > than a unsure George need to play himself back into shape in a short amount of time, hope not to get injured (affecting next season) and maybe make playoffs.
I'm sorry, I don't have the Sixers mentality right now of stacking up on draft picks. If you can make the playoffs, you go make the playoffs. Especially in the weak ass East.

GOBB
02-27-2015, 06:47 PM
I'm sorry, I don't have the Sixers mentality right now of stacking up on draft picks.

Prior to Bron saving your city that is all Cavs did and would have done for another 2-3 more drafts.

If you can make the playoffs, you go make the playoffs. Especially in the weak ass East.

George isn't even confident he is 100%. Clearly you didn't read anything posted. So you think he should come back and give it a shot to make the playoffs. Good luck to him if he tries.

Milbuck
02-27-2015, 06:55 PM
I'm sorry, I don't have the Sixers mentality right now of stacking up on draft picks. If you can make the playoffs, you go make the playoffs. Especially in the weak ass East.
:roll:

ZMonkey11
02-27-2015, 07:01 PM
What do you mean there's no point? They're not some bottom feeding team, they're literally just one game back from the 8th seed. And it's 7 weeks till the playoffs. If he comes back in like 4 weeks, they make a push for that 8th seed, he gets like 3 weeks to work himself into shape...:confusedshrug: There is no benefit to holding him out the whole season if he's 100% good to go and is mentally ready as well.

Except they could really use a good pick. Their team isn't getting better with age at this point. They are looking worse each season.

And you know how people always talk about having a lot of mileage when they get older? If he so chooses, why not let him sit the rest of the year and save the tread. His team probably isn't passing Atlanta in the first round, so what's the bonus for Indiana besides having an in-shape PG?

Meticode
02-27-2015, 07:03 PM
Prior to Bron saving your city that is all Cavs did and would have done for another 2-3 more drafts.
This is beside the point and it's a moot one as well. For one, I'm not against teams stacking draft picks if the situation is right to do it. The Sixers right now and the Cavs back then had absolutely no chance in hell to make the playoffs. The Cavs had a bunch of D-Leaguers in the starting lineup with Irving.

The Pacers are 1 game from the 8th spot. The biggest part of the reason they're not doing well this season is because George their best player has been out.

Like I said in a previous post, if you have a chance to make the playoffs, you make the playoffs.

George isn't even confident he is 100%. Clearly you didn't read anything posted. So you think he should come back and give it a shot to make the playoffs. Good luck to him if he tries.
He's just saying that to put expectations down. His goal was to come back and play this year and he probably will play.

GOBB
02-27-2015, 07:04 PM
Except they could really use a good pick. Their team isn't getting better with age at this point. They are looking worse each season.

And you know how people always talk about having a lot of mileage when they get older? If he so chooses, why not let him sit the rest of the year and save the tread. His team probably isn't passing Atlanta in the first round, so what's the bonus for Indiana besides having an in-shape PG?

Mom, dad...meet voice of reason.

Meticode
02-27-2015, 07:06 PM
Mom, dad...meet voice of reason.
Larry Bird doesn't believe in reason, he goes out to win.

GOBB
02-27-2015, 07:12 PM
He's just saying that to put expectations down. His goal was to come back and play this year and he probably will play.

Or he is being completely honest and open in which case he should consider waiting til next season. Why risk this season just to make playoffs and make some people happy. All the while first rd exit, lower lottery and GOBB forbid injuring himself as he isn't 100%. His quote about his healthy leg is one to keep in mind. I'll repost so you can read it again...

"The biggest fear I have is injuring my [left] healthy leg because I'm so used to it being the stronger one and I don't want to overcompensate for it," George said.

And that can very well happen to a guy who isnt even 100% today. But hey the risk is worth it just to possibly make the playoffs. You're not getting All Star George. You're getting George trying to play himself into shape and just be productive in pursuit of being All Star George. That aint happening in 20-25 games (whenever he actually decides to come back).

But good luck to him. Hope he doesn't get injured.

GOBB
02-27-2015, 07:12 PM
Larry Bird doesn't believe in reason, he goes out to win.

Larry Bird was never returning from a leg broke in half...

But you know who went out to win? Grant Hill. Ahhhh if only he chose surgery over playing injured. He wouldn't be in memes with Penny, B.Roy and such

Meticode
02-27-2015, 07:14 PM
Larry Bird was never returning from a leg broke in half...

But you know who went out to win? Grant Hill. Ahhhh if only he chose surgery over playing injured. He wouldn't be in memes with Penny, B.Roy and such
Okay.

Dro
03-01-2015, 12:27 PM
PG first full practice

http://pacers.scout.com/story/1522239-watch-paul-george-practice?s=280

WWRWestbrookDo?
03-01-2015, 04:48 PM
best 2 way player in the game

PacerRaptor
03-01-2015, 09:47 PM
After today's win, Pacers have won 8 of their last 10 and 10 of their last 14.