PDA

View Full Version : Fellow OKC fans I think it might be time to finally call it a season

KDthunderup
02-28-2015, 03:22 AM
With word that Westbrook could miss 6 weeks with a cheekbone fracture I think that would put the nail in the coffin of a awfully, frustratingly unlucky season. I really don't think the basketball gods want okc to win a chip with the injuries they have faced the past few years.

If we re-sign kanter though and have a healthy season next year I think it will be OKC time to win a chip but with our luck that seems almost impossible.

Jud
02-28-2015, 03:26 AM
Where did you read that he could be out for 6 weeks?

stoks
02-28-2015, 03:40 AM
With word that Westbrook could miss 6 weeks with a cheekbone fracture I think that would put the nail in the coffin of a awfully, frustratingly unlucky season. I really don't think the basketball gods want okc to win a chip with the injuries they have faced the past few years.

If we re-sign kanter though and have a healthy season next year I think it will be OKC time to win a chip but with our luck that seems almost impossible.

Well, I dont know if it necessarily puts a nail in the coffin, but it certainly reduces the odds.

Worst part to me is that Roberson caused the injury. I know he was just scrambling to quickly foul, but that scrub should never have been on the floor. Dude's a one man wrecking crew to our odds of winning games.

What on earth Brooks sees in him is beyond me. :wtf:

inclinerator
02-28-2015, 03:42 AM
not sure if srs

J Shuttlesworth
02-28-2015, 03:49 AM
Damn. Thunder fans always give up on their team so easily. Is there even a legit report saying for certain that Russ has a cheekbone fracture?

Budadiiii
02-28-2015, 03:51 AM
im 12 and wut is this

AussieG
02-28-2015, 03:51 AM
You can tell the bandwagon fans by how high their emotions swing from being happy to being suicidal when their team loses..

If those people were on the court they wouldn't win a single game because as soon as the other team went on a run, they'd give up and rage.

KDthunderup
02-28-2015, 03:53 AM
Damn. Thunder fans always give up on their team so easily. Is there even a legit report saying for certain that Russ has a cheekbone fracture?
Fractured cheekbone is normally 4-6 weeks recovery, not hard to tell that he absolutely fractures it.

Man if you had as much bad luck with the cavs you would just feel as hopeless and frustrated. Imagine if lebron and Kyrie kept getting injured and missing large chunks of the season as well as role players getting injured all the time.

Rodmantheman
02-28-2015, 03:54 AM
Fractured cheekbone is normally 4-6 weeks recovery, not hard to tell that he absolutely fractures it.

Man if you had as much bad luck with the cavs you would just feel as hopeless and frustrated. Imagine if lebron and Kyrie kept getting injured and missing large chunks of the season as well as role players getting injured all the time.

https://cdn0.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/EbNmM1LIu5JimjiAsh5fbPAYedg=/800x0/filters:no_upscale()/cdn0.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/3455644/dent2.0.jpg

KDthunderup
02-28-2015, 03:56 AM
You can tell the bandwagon fans by how high their emotions swing from being happy to being suicidal when their team loses..

If those people were on the court they wouldn't win a single game because as soon as the other team went on a run, they'd give up and rage.
So if Marc gasol and Randolph got rules out for a couple of months you wouldn't have a mood swing about your team?

I'm fine about the loss, it was against Portland away from home without the MVP, starting centre and backup centre. It's the teams health that gets to me.

J Shuttlesworth
02-28-2015, 03:59 AM

Maybe so, but honestly...

I don't think even healthy KD/Westbrook would win the western conference this year as the 8th seed. It's just so unlikely having to play every series on the road. Getting through Golden State and Memphis is a tough task, especially on the road.

Plus if Westbrook misses 4-6 weeks, isn't Durant due back soon? He could keep you guys in the playoff picture and then Westbrook would be back for the playoffs?

Damian Lillard
02-28-2015, 04:05 AM
OKC played my Blazers pretty damn well last night. If they had Durant they probably would've won. Westbrook has been playing lights out when the reigns are fully in his hands. I do believe if Durant is healthy he can keep OKC afloat until the play-offs. I don't think Phoenix improved from those trades and NOLA's also battling the injury bug right now with Jrue, Davis, and Anderson.

Random_Guy
02-28-2015, 04:11 AM
nah dont worry knowing russ he will probably play through the cheekbone fracture with a badass mask

Budadiiii
02-28-2015, 04:12 AM
nah dont worry knowing russ he will probably play through the cheekbone fracture with a badass mask
Exactly. He's a bum if he doesn't play through it.

Random_Guy
02-28-2015, 04:13 AM
Exactly. He's a bum if he doesn't play through it.
nah, imo if he doesnt play through it then something really is up, russ has never been one to back down from mild injuries

Springsteen
02-28-2015, 04:13 AM

He's not even a Cavs fan though, he's just a Lebron fan.

J Shuttlesworth
02-28-2015, 04:14 AM
He's not even a Cavs fan though, he's just a Lebron fan.
His point still stands since LeBron or Kyrie or Love getting injured drastically decreases LBJ's chance of getting a ring this year

Damian Lillard
02-28-2015, 04:14 AM
Just give Westbrook the Bane mask with the way he's been playing lately.

dunksby
02-28-2015, 04:21 AM
Thankfully Durant will be back soon so Russell doesn't have to run himself to the ground, I'm mostly concerned about Westbrook putting too much stress on his knees.

Spurs5Rings2014
02-28-2015, 11:41 AM
His point still stands since LeBron or Kyrie or Love getting injured drastically decreases LBJ's chance of getting a ring this year

:biggums:

Could of sworn you were a Heat fan.

:confusedshrug:

Crimsonrain777
02-28-2015, 01:06 PM

Could of sworn you were a Heat fan.

:confusedshrug:

The Heat lost in the Finals to the Spurs. Lebron left for greener pastures and so did he.

PsychoBe
02-28-2015, 01:35 PM
The Heat lost in the Finals to the Spurs. Lebron left for greener pastures and so did he.

lucas >>>>> ness.

Horde of Temujin
02-28-2015, 01:36 PM
The basketball gods are punishing the organization for squandering what should be a dynasty by being cheap asses.

Hopefully, Westbrook and Durant both leave

YouGotServed
02-28-2015, 01:43 PM
The basketball gods are punishing the organization for squandering what should be a dynasty by being cheap asses.

+1

They both need to leave of they want to win a title. Hick city won't cut it.

GreggPopazit
02-28-2015, 01:52 PM
That is unfortunate for Westbrook/Thunder, but I don't expect Westbrook to miss much time. He'll be back in a mask within a week.

Lebronxrings
02-28-2015, 02:07 PM
reverse jinx

KevinDurant35
02-28-2015, 02:40 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B-8uC5rUQAEwDiP.jpg:large

dazzer87
02-28-2015, 02:42 PM
One day its "we winning it all" and the next is "its over"......:roll: :roll: :roll:

stoks
02-28-2015, 03:07 PM

I love it when some idiot posts a dumb ass statement like the one above. :biggums:

OKC currently has the leagues 6th highest team payroll and are well into the luxury tax. Here's some advice, get your facts straight before you regurgitate stupid shit you've heard elsewhere that fits your agenda. At least that way you can avoid removing all doubt of you being a moron.

Truth is, you don't like the fact that OKC is one of the most well run and respected organizations in the league. Who have positioned themselves well for years going forward.

Hater.

:facepalm

Fudge
02-28-2015, 03:10 PM
Chill, brah. Dude is going to play with a mask. A f*cking awesome one too. You think he's gonna sit out when they're on the verge of losing the 8th seed? :lol

KD is almost back too. We good, boy.

fragokota
02-28-2015, 03:35 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B-8uC5rUQAEwDiP.jpg:large

Damn he got him hard with that knee

KevinDurant35
02-28-2015, 03:37 PM

Damn he got him hard with that knee
No shit! Broke his ****ing face

theaussieguy
02-28-2015, 03:45 PM
I gained a sh!t load of respect for Westbrook after he took that knee to the face. That part of the face is pure bone, the pain he must of felt must of been ****ing excruciating yet he made it seem like an everyday knock.

fragokota
02-28-2015, 03:52 PM
No shit! Broke his ****ing face

Hadn't seen he had a f* dimple bro, chill...

theaussieguy
02-28-2015, 04:06 PM
Hadn't seen he had a f* dimple bro, chill...

DUDE HE HAD A ****ING HOLE IN HIS FACE BRO, WHAT THE **** DUDE DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH THAT WOULD HURT

PHUCKKKKK!!!!

fragokota
02-28-2015, 04:13 PM
DUDE HE HAD A ****ING HOLE IN HIS FACE BRO, WHAT THE **** DUDE DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH THAT WOULD HURT

PHUCKKKKK!!!!

:wtf: I just hadn't seen a pic of his face after he got hit and had no idea it was so bad, what's your f* problem?