PDA

View Full Version : Mayweather-Pacquiao Discussion

eliteballer
02-28-2015, 05:39 PM
What are your predictions for the fight? Who will win, how and why?

BurningHammer
02-28-2015, 05:40 PM
Mayweather wins ugly.

eliteballer
02-28-2015, 05:42 PM
KO or decision?

BasedTom
02-28-2015, 05:45 PM
massive disappointment no matter the result

navy
02-28-2015, 05:58 PM
Pac in a knockout late or Mayweather in a decision.

bladefd
02-28-2015, 06:27 PM
Pacquiao in 4 rounds. Mayweather going DOWN with the knockout punch heard around the world! Oh yes baby, I am betting my house on this.

On a serious note, Mayweather will win in 11 rounds after he wears down Pacquiao in a thriller. Mayweather will fight very defensive first 7 rounds. Both will be exhausted by round 8, but Pacquiao simply will be out of punching power. Mayweather will go on the offensive once Pacquiao loses his stamina and win. Pacquiao will be too tired to block Mayweather's swings.

the mesiah
02-28-2015, 06:43 PM
Mayweather in a comfortable decision, one dimensional pac of course won't know how to adapt to may's counters and his ring generalship will be on point this fight.

brownmamba00
02-28-2015, 06:44 PM
pacq knocks PBF down in the 10th and wins with a split decision.

L.Kizzle
02-28-2015, 07:18 PM
Floyd Jr > Manny > Roger > Jeff > Floyd Sr

Joyner82reload
02-28-2015, 07:24 PM
Pacquiao will win a controversial split decision to setup a rematch.

I actually think it will be the opposite. Mayweather wins controversially and it sets up a monster rematch. Mayweather's undefeated record plays a big part in ratings draw.

L.Kizzle
02-28-2015, 07:47 PM
Yo, this dude has the worst shooting form I've ever seen in my life.

http://blacksportsonline.com/home/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/Manny-Pacquiao-Jumper.jpg

:biggums:

I<3NBA
02-28-2015, 11:05 PM
Mayweather runs for all 12 rounds. Pac knocks him down a few times but Mayweather goes back up and runs again. Mayweather wins in controversial split decision. One referee will admit he's made a mistake in scoring and that in reality, Pac shoulda won the decision.

Mayweather will refuse any rematch. will say he has now beaten the best of the best and is the true TBE.

we will all be disappointed in any case because we won't see a real boxing match. just some dancing and taunting.

gts
02-28-2015, 11:43 PM

http://blacksportsonline.com/home/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/Manny-Pacquiao-Jumper.jpg

hey remember that picture of Kobe in a similar position.. somebody has to remember that pic...

Photoshop op

fsvr54
02-28-2015, 11:44 PM
Mayweather will knock Pacman out cold. Bookmark this.

oh the horror
03-01-2015, 06:22 AM
On a serious note, Mayweather will win in 11 rounds after he wears down Pacquiao in a thriller. Mayweather will fight very defensive first 7 rounds. Both will be exhausted by round 8, but Pacquiao simply will be out of punching power. Mayweather will go on the offensive once Pacquiao loses his stamina and win. Pacquiao will be too tired to block Mayweather's swings.

Sounds about right.

gigantes
03-01-2015, 09:13 AM
What are your questions about this fight?
why did they make this fight almost ten years too late?

who really gives a shit at this point?

is mayweather really as greedy and insecure as he sounds?

does pacman stand the slightest chance at this point?

if it wasn't for a legion of rich, drooling idiots and overexcited teenagers, would mayweather be anything other than that surly guy wielding a towel at the local carwash...?

iamgine
03-01-2015, 09:28 AM
why did they make this fight almost ten years too late?

who really gives a shit at this point?

is mayweather really as greedy and insecure as he sounds?

does pacman stand the slightest chance at this point?

if it wasn't for a legion of rich, drooling idiots and overexcited teenagers, would mayweather be anything other than that surly guy wielding a towel at the local carwash...?
you know why

lots of people

its a character

pacman stands a decent chance

no he'd still be a good boxer

warriorfan
03-01-2015, 09:44 AM
pac by ko

karma is a bitch and it catches everybody

Real Men Wear Green
03-01-2015, 10:33 AM
Mayweather in decision. Pacquiao is the one that has looked vulnerable recently and actually been knocked out, not Mayweather.

GOBB
03-01-2015, 10:38 AM
What are your predictions for the fight? Who will win, how and why?

Floyd easily. Unanimous decision. Pac may even get knocked down. But overall, boring fight where Floyd just out points Pac the entire night. People are mad they paid big bucks to see it. Same ole story.

zoom17
03-01-2015, 04:21 PM
Mayweather by decision.

gigantes
03-01-2015, 06:20 PM
you know why

lots of people

its a character

pacman stands a decent chance

no he'd still be a good boxer
phew! i was worried those rhetorical questions would go unanswered... then you came along. :cheers:

DonDadda59
03-01-2015, 08:01 PM
Pacquiao in 4 rounds. Mayweather going DOWN with the knockout punch heard around the world! Oh yes baby, I am betting my house on this.

With the exception of Floyd in the first Maidana fight, neither guy has exhibited stamina issues in their fights Historically. Both guys are older and a bit slower now and Pac doesn't throw 1,000+ punches without breaking a sweat these days but I can't see either guy running out of gas.

Manny started training for the fight, doing light work/jogging/etc 2 weeks before the fight was announced. He's already in excellent shape and he starts training in LA on Tuesday. It will be interesting to see the training videos of each when they're leaked in the coming weeks.

iamgine
03-01-2015, 09:45 PM
phew! i was worried those rhetorical questions would go unanswered... then you came along. :cheers:
np...here to help.

iamgine
03-01-2015, 09:48 PM
Great interview of Ricky Hatton about the fight:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpRy1a36K7A

Draz
03-02-2015, 07:56 AM
Could this be the biggest bust fight ever

Lebron23
03-02-2015, 08:23 AM
Pacquiao and his camp needs to watch The Judah-Mayweather 2006 fight.

BRabbiT
03-02-2015, 08:23 AM
...biggest bust fight ever

+1

Pac wins, tho

JohnFreeman
03-02-2015, 08:31 AM
mfw you guys think the result hasn't already been decided :lol

L.Kizzle
03-02-2015, 09:37 AM
Pacquiao and his camp needs to watch The Judah-Mayweather 2006 fight.
Pac gonna give him a low blow?

DonDadda59
03-02-2015, 02:09 PM
Pac gonna give him a blow blow?

Fixed (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxdWoU_URyk)

MavsSuperFan
03-02-2015, 06:08 PM
mayweather wins a boring UD

tgan3
03-02-2015, 07:02 PM

Looks like his about to take off and fly like a bird

eliteballer
03-02-2015, 11:57 PM
http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id/12410562/floyd-mayweather-jr-manny-pacquiao-appear-news-conference-march-11

DonDadda59
03-03-2015, 02:04 AM
First day in their respective camps. Both guys working the heavy bag:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8kBzYc3yfw&t=96

the mesiah
03-03-2015, 02:26 AM
http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id/12410562/floyd-mayweather-jr-manny-pacquiao-appear-news-conference-march-11
I know this already has 5+ years of hype,too soon until may 2nd to fit in camp plus a tour but I would have liked to see a nationwide type tour at least at like NY,down south in miami,up in Michigan,somewhere in Texas ,then end in LA.Hype like canelo/mayweather had.

plowking
03-03-2015, 02:26 AM
mfw you guys think the result hasn't already been decided :lol

Floyd picked apart Alvarez and made Oscar look silly for the most part, yet he got MD wins over them. :oldlol:

Don't look for Floyd to be getting the fair shake on a decision.

DonDadda59
03-03-2015, 02:29 AM
I know this already has 5+ years of hype,too soon until may 2nd to fit in camp plus a tour but I would have liked to see a nationwide type tour at least at like NY,down south in miami,up in Michigan,somewhere in Texas ,then end in LA.Hype like canelo/mayweather had.

Yeah I was expecting them to make this into a big event- nationwide press tours, heavy promotions, etc. Maybe it's the timing but Floyd insisted on fighting on a Mexican Holiday for some bizarre reason. The press conference isn't even open to the public and they're (Floyd) picking and choosing which media members even get to attend. F*cking bullshit they make everyone wait this long and it's turning into a secret, 1%er event. :facepalm

the mesiah
03-03-2015, 02:40 AM
Yeah I was expecting them to make this into a big event- nationwide press tours, heavy promotions, etc. Maybe it's the timing but Floyd insisted on fighting on a Mexican Holiday for some bizarre reason. The press conference isn't even open to the public and they're (Floyd) picking and choosing which media members even get to attend. F*cking bullshit they make everyone wait this long and it's turning into a secret, 1%er event. :facepalm
Tour would have set off the "fight of this century" to something epic.I liked to have seen the behind the scenes photos,videos and hype from the crowd that would attend the pressers.one thing bout GBP, he made sure to make it a event and somethin epic.Tv undercard only has 2 fights I see with loma/scrub Gammy,then maybe J'leon love/no hype garbage opening the show.:facepalm

SCREWstonRockets
03-03-2015, 04:51 AM

They have been hyping the fight for five years. All these promo stops will just be overkill. I see what they are doing. The less these guys interact and meet up, the more special it will be when they do. That one press conference coming up and the fight week one will be huge.

I agree on the 1%er thing though. This fight is the super bowl of boxing. It should be in a stadium like Cowboys Stadium. Give more fans a chance to experience the fight live.

L.Kizzle
03-08-2015, 05:08 PM
We don't need a press tour because Manny will be trying to be friends with him like he was to Chris Algerie.

Floyd and Canelo needed a press tour, this doesn't.

Maybe Pt. II will have a press tour, because you know it's coming. Hell, it might even be on NBC or CBS.

bladefd
03-08-2015, 05:42 PM
I hope Mayweather comes out swinging.. he needs to come out aggressive. Manny Pacquiao is a great man, nice guy.. but as far as boxing, he is overrated. He needs to be put in his place by the greatest ever - Mayweather.

Is Mayweather greater than Muhammad Ali in his prime? I think Ali would destroy Mayweather at his best. Even Mike Tyson in his prime would pick apart Mayweather. Foreman at his best would crunk Mayweather if Mayweather tried to defend against that. Even Ali had to do rope-a-dope during his fight with Foreman to limit his punches a bit - that was how powerful Foreman was.

DonDadda59
03-08-2015, 06:00 PM
Is Mayweather greater than Muhammad Ali in his prime? I think Ali would destroy Mayweather at his best. Even Mike Tyson in his prime would pick apart Mayweather. Foreman at his best would crunk Mayweather if Mayweather tried to defend against that. Even Ali had to do rope-a-dope during his fight with Foreman to limit his punches a bit - that was how powerful Foreman was.

You don't know how weight classes work do you?

L.Kizzle
03-08-2015, 06:09 PM

Fck a weight class. Put them nighas in a ring and let em go at it!

SexSymbol
03-09-2015, 06:10 AM
Pacquiao is top 25 all time, Mayweather is not top 30.
Pac wins in a knockout

L.Kizzle
03-09-2015, 02:47 PM
Who is Pac sparring with? Been reported May is sparring with Zab Judah, DeMarcus Corley and Errol Spence?

bladefd
03-09-2015, 03:57 PM

Yes, you are right.. I should have mentioned to disregard weight classes, but just look at my argument. Lets say Ali was welterweight or Floyd was heavyweight (I don't care which way we go).

I don't even see how Ali and Mayweather would be in the same breath.. Just look at the way Ali fought.. Dude was heart. The way he fought with his confidence & poise against the best of the best. The 70s and 80s era was the best era boxing era ever (people say 60s or 80s was best - all around Ali).

If we consider the intangibles, overall talent, and all the small details, I think Ali/Sugar Ray Leonard/Tyson/Sugar Ray Robinson/Hagler/Holmes/norton/etc have the edge if they were same class. They would smash Mayweather's coconut head in.

Same weight class: Sugar Ray Leonard & Sugar Ray Robinson. Against Mayweather? OUCH. Sorry Floyd.

Baller1986
03-10-2015, 12:49 AM
Freddie Roach and Roger Mayweather will do the thrash talking.

BigBoss
03-10-2015, 12:56 AM
Freddie Roach and Roger Mayweather will do the thrash talking.

I thought I told you not to post in this thread?

Baller1986
03-10-2015, 12:58 AM
I thought I told you not to post in this thread?

I'll knock you out. And literally pee inside your mouth.

SCREWstonRockets
03-10-2015, 01:01 AM
Booked my flight to Vegas last weekend. So damn hyped don't think i'll make it to may 2 lol

BigBoss
03-10-2015, 01:03 AM

Your family probably split 1 piece of toast for dinner tonight you skinny little indian. I'll give you 6 months to train. Take a walk. Don't show your face in this thread kid.

BigBoss
03-10-2015, 01:04 AM
Booked my flight to Vegas last weekend. So damn hyped don't think i'll make it to may 2 lol

How much do you plan on spending?

Baller1986
03-10-2015, 01:14 AM
Your family probably split 1 piece of toast for dinner tonight you skinny little indian. I'll give you 6 months to train. Take a walk. Don't show your face in this thread kid.

http://cdn2.sbnation.com/imported_assets/1336819/699349861_medium.gif

BigBoss
03-10-2015, 01:18 AM

Dawg this is your pic

http://www.funnypictures.net.au/images/aditya-dev-worlds-smallest-body-builder-near-dumbb1.jpg

Baller1986
03-10-2015, 01:47 AM
Dawg this is your pic

http://www.funnypictures.net.au/images/aditya-dev-worlds-smallest-body-builder-near-dumbb1.jpg

BigBoss
03-10-2015, 02:00 AM

iamgine
03-11-2015, 12:10 AM
http://share.gifyoutube.com/KdW41W.gif

plowking
03-11-2015, 12:46 AM

I legit laughed out loud at this.

BigBoss
03-11-2015, 12:47 AM
I legit laughed out loud at this.

Thats because your soft like charmin

Tarik One
03-11-2015, 01:40 PM
It's gonna be CRAZY out there. I just hope you won't be packed somewhere like sardines. Half of Los Angeles will be there for sure.

PistonsFan#21
03-11-2015, 05:53 PM
Yes, you are right.. I should have mentioned to disregard weight classes, but just look at my argument. Lets say Ali was welterweight or Floyd was heavyweight (I don't care which way we go).

I don't even see how Ali and Mayweather would be in the same breath.. Just look at the way Ali fought.. Dude was heart. The way he fought with his confidence & poise against the best of the best. The 70s and 80s era was the best era boxing era ever (people say 60s or 80s was best - all around Ali).

If we consider the intangibles, overall talent, and all the small details, I think Ali/Sugar Ray Leonard/Tyson/Sugar Ray Robinson/Hagler/Holmes/norton/etc have the edge if they were same class. They would smash Mayweather's coconut head in.

Same weight class: Sugar Ray Leonard & Sugar Ray Robinson. Against Mayweather? OUCH. Sorry Floyd.

Lets be honest here. You havent watched a single full Mayweather fight. The guy in his prime was faster than Ali, better defensively and more accurate with his punching. Ali did fought tougher competition though and has a greater legacy obviously

You also probably never watched Sugar Ray Robinson or Leonard other than their highlights.

bladefd
03-11-2015, 11:10 PM
Lets be honest here. You havent watched a single full Mayweather fight. The guy in his prime was faster than Ali, better defensively and more accurate with his punching. Ali did fought tougher competition though and has a greater legacy obviously

You also probably never watched Sugar Ray Robinson or Leonard other than their highlights.

You are right. I have never seen both Sugar Rays fight. Ali I watched the entire rumble in the jungle, thrilla in manila, couple other fights of his. Just awesome

I stand by that Ali would have taken down Mayweather at same weight. Mayweather might be better defensively, but overall.. it is Ali.

gts
03-11-2015, 11:22 PM
tickets for this are going to be insane ..

Post press conference on the radio today a vegas ticket guy said that when the tickets do go on sale the cheapest ticket will be in the range of 4k but he wouldn't doubt if they'd hit 10 k within hours

Lebron23
03-12-2015, 06:28 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sL7EQk6C3jA Let's get ready to rumble

dude77
03-12-2015, 06:44 AM
lol mayweather looked like he was about to cry .. what's up with that ? .. he is shook .. is he scared ? .. maybe he just knows what's up

dude77
03-12-2015, 07:06 AM
1:03:09 Look at the way Floyd is STUTTERING and MUMBLING he's words!!!!

"Manny wants to win just as bbabsyhsahaushauu, hhhhe wants to win, jjjust aswjiw the same way i wantssss to win (LOOK AT HE'S FACE AFTER HE SAID THAT AND THEN LOOK HOW HE TOOK A DEEP BREATH 1:03:13 )

"But one thing i know, when you LOSE, it's in your MIND, IF YOU LOST ONCE, IT'S IN YOUR MIND, FROM DAY 1 I WAS ALWAYS TAUGHT TO BE A WINNER"

Wow i am seriously SHOCKED at the way Floyd is talking... WHY THE HELL IS HE TALKING ABOUT LOSING? Look at he's facial expression, he looks very very uncomfortable and he's trying to RE ASSURE himself by saying "I was always taught to be a winner" because he said it RIGHT AFTER he spoke about LOSING!!!

Did anyone notice the way Floyd looked at Manny very nervously at

FLOYD IS ****ING SCARED TO DEATH... HE'S SHITTING HE'S PANTS!!!!! I'VE NEVER IN MY LIFE SEEN FLOYD SO SCARED IN MY LIFE!!!

SOMETHING TO LAUGH AT.... LOOK AT 1:12:50 Floyd is right behind Manny and HE'S RUNNING SOMEWHERE LMFAOOOOOOOOO!!!

Finally 1:15:06 "He has a good defense but i'm not worried about that, I CAN EASILY BREAK THAT DEFENSE

ENOUGH MOTHER****ING SAID!!!

gggh

L.Kizzle
03-12-2015, 09:49 AM
Floyd always stutters and mumbles over his words.

magic chiongson
03-12-2015, 11:54 AM
Floyd always stutters and mumbles over his words.

was he reading from a teleprompter?

SCREWstonRockets
03-12-2015, 12:02 PM
lol mayweather looked like he was about to cry .. what's up with that ? .. he is shook .. is he scared ? .. maybe he just knows what's up

it was a bit odd. he seemed very subdued. like he just smoked a blunt lol (it is cali). but a lot of peope are saying he seemed nervous. i can see why people would think that but maybe this whole thing has been humbling to him.

magic chiongson
03-12-2015, 12:18 PM
this is all the interview you'll ever need:

https://youtu.be/79ft5j-zZzw

hateraid
03-12-2015, 12:53 PM
Question to you boxing historians:

Why isn't this recognized as a potential greatest boxing match of all-time? Aren't they both P4P the top 1 to 4 in the world? Isn't this one of, if not the most anticipated fight of all-time? Aren't these 2 of the most hyped fighters of all-time?
I feel this match up takes a lot of slighting

L.Kizzle
03-12-2015, 01:09 PM

Why isn't this recognized as a potential greatest boxing match of all-time? Aren't they both P4P the top 1 to 4 in the world? Isn't this one of, if not the most anticipated fight of all-time? Aren't these 2 of the most hyped fighters of all-time?
It is.

iamgine
03-12-2015, 01:19 PM

It's potentially up there with all the other legendary matches. Who told you otherwise?

Of course, the decider whether it would be the GOAT match or not is what happens in the ring. The fighters need to give a great performance with much action and drama in order for it to be truly memorable. If Floyd just hit and run for 12 rounds and Manny had no counter for that then it will be quite forgettable.

hateraid
03-12-2015, 01:24 PM
In the boxing thread. This fight seems to get downplayed and gets trashed for comparing it to fights like Ali-Frazier, Sugar Ray-Hagler-Duran

L.Kizzle
03-12-2015, 01:26 PM
In the boxing thread. This fight seems to get downplayed and gets trashed for comparing it to fights like Ali-Frazier, Sugar Ray-Hagler-Duran
They're gonna put on a show. They'll need to for the rematch to sell.

hateraid
03-12-2015, 02:05 PM
Question about comparing Marquez to Mayweather, how are these guys similar other than being counter punchers? I don't see them as the same boxer at all? It seems to be the go to when discussing how Manny will lose to Floyd. Manny has face many counter punchers before and won.

bladefd
03-12-2015, 02:15 PM
was he reading from a teleprompter?

Must be one hell of a teleprompter because I don't think he knows how to read :roll:

Shade8780
03-12-2015, 02:20 PM
this is all the interview you'll ever need:

https://youtu.be/79ft5j-zZzw
TRYPTONITE!

the mesiah
03-12-2015, 03:37 PM

I don't consider myself a boxing historian but..
1.These 2 aren't REALISTICALLY considered top p4p
Top 25 of all time.
2.They are passed their prime.
3.We are in a different era where boxing is NOT regarded as a top tier sport like it was yesteryear.
4.It's a relatively weak era for boxing ,there are no good name boxers.Sport has gone downhill as of late.

L.Kizzle
03-12-2015, 04:01 PM
I don't consider myself a boxing historian but..
1.These 2 aren't REALISTICALLY considered top p4p
Top 25 of all time.
2.They are passed their prime.
3.We are in a different era where boxing is NOT regarded as a top tier sport like it was yesteryear.
4.It's a relatively weak era for boxing ,there are no good name boxers.Sport has gone downhill as of late.
I'll start with number four and three. Boxing years ago was on regular TV in prime time. This past weekend, it was a first in about 30 years type moment.

Maybe slightly past prime, but still the two best in the world.

Argued for top 25 or close.

the mesiah
03-12-2015, 04:01 PM
Question about comparing Marquez to Mayweather, how are these guys similar other than being counter punchers? I don't see them as the same boxer at all? It seems to be the go to when discussing how Manny will lose to Floyd. Manny has face many counter punchers before and won.
Basically ,besides Marquez,,he hasn't fought any master counter punchers.Mostly all of pac's opponents has been straight forward fighters,no technical skill whatsoever.marquez not the typical face first Mexican brawler, that's why the comparison with floyd .Not sayin marquez is close to floyd overall skill wise , but is close as to what pAc will see May 2nd from previous fights.

Tarik One
03-12-2015, 04:59 PM

People feel cheated and underwhelmed because both fighters are past their individual peaks.

It's like going to Leonard/Hearns II without Leonard/Hearns I

SCREWstonRockets
03-12-2015, 10:12 PM

I think it gets lots of flack for not happening soon enough. Which is funny considering its probably a bigger or richer fight now than it ever has been. And as the messiah mentioned, boxing isn't the number one sport like it once was. Some of the other biggest fights ever had political impact, I don't think May vs Pac reaches that deep. Although, for sure it will be the richest fight ever.

But for this generation, its definitely our Ali vs Fraizer. Are they fighting at their prime peak? No but both are still arguably still the two best in the world, top 3 for sure. Also the two best welterweights. If the fight lives up to the hype, it might be up with there with the greatest of all time.

They are not the same boxer. Yes both are counter punchers but Marquez is more of an aggressive counter puncher. Look at his last fight with Pacquiao. He had to put himself out there to get knocked out, which he did get KD, to knock Pacman out.

Mayweather counters by standing his ground or using the ropes with his shoulder roll. He doesn't move forward in his counters like Juan because hes much more defensive.

Basically ,besides Marquez,,he hasn't fought any master counter punchers.Mostly all of pac's opponents has been straight forward fighters,no technical skill whatsoever.marquez not the typical face first Mexican brawler, that's why the comparison with floyd .Not sayin marquez is close to floyd overall skill wise , but is close as to what pAc will see May 2nd from previous fights.

Well I wouldn't put Cotto and Bradley in the straight forward, no technical skill category. Those were good wins and Bradley did dominate Marquez in their fight. Thats why its hard to go off common opponents becaue each style match differently. Oh yeah and Algeri is a boxer but they never let him out the cage lol

L.Kizzle
03-12-2015, 11:06 PM
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

They did....but right when they did he got knocked on his ass lol

I am still bitter about Ruslan losing to Algeri and missing out on that fight. I woulda loved to see Ruslan against Pac.
Fight would never happen. They use the same trainer. And also, Ruslan would get his ass whipped.

Lucas-Ruslan is a great fight. Two B+ level fighters going at it.

DonD13
03-13-2015, 04:08 AM
Floyd interviews where always a bit awkward but he looks out of it lately

he of all people seems a bit punch-drunk man

for example i saw this fighthype interview and he was naming great fighters. most of them he said twice because he can't remember what he said 20 seconds ago...

but maybe he had just couple bad days who knows

btw, will there be a 24/7 or something?

NZStreetBaller
03-13-2015, 04:34 AM
floyd was definately not himself at the conference.

"I was always taught to be a winner. and when you lose its always there in the back of your mind"

How the fck would he know hes never lost?? according to most long time undefeated fighters. when they had their first lost it actually relieves the pressure of losing and they learn even more.

Sugar ray leonard said that losing to duran made him a better fighter.

manny is walking into this fight very confidently. Floyd is nervous as hell and has the thought of losing in the back of his mind.

the mesiah
03-13-2015, 08:43 AM
Well I wouldn't put Cotto and Bradley in the straight forward, no technical skill category. Those were good wins and Bradley did dominate Marquez in their fight. Thats why its hard to go off common opponents becaue each style match differently. Oh yeah and Algeri is a boxer but they never let him out the cage lol
In fights against Pac,except maybe first 3-4 rounds in Cotto's case he came straight forward paid for it.Got in a hole,undisciplined with Santiago in corner and stupidly decided to go toe to toe.
Bradley didn't in first fight but 2nd fight he fought dumb and tried to Go straight ahead for the KO, Bradley for the most part imo fights sloppy.
Who's Algeri...I kid, I don't even count him , that was a exhibition sparring match against a kickboxer..

L.Kizzle
03-13-2015, 10:02 AM
People said he was nervous during the Canelo and Maidana pressers.

Tarik One
03-13-2015, 10:34 AM
floyd was definately not himself at the conference.

"I was always taught to be a winner. and when you lose its always there in the back of your mind"

How the fck would he know hes never lost?? according to most long time undefeated fighters. when they had their first lost it actually relieves the pressure of losing and they learn even more.

Sugar ray leonard said that losing to duran made him a better fighter.

manny is walking into this fight very confidently. Floyd is nervous as hell and has the thought of losing in the back of his mind.

Difference is Leonard lost much earlier in his career. Floyd is at the tail end and past his prime. Not much room for improvement at this point.

Marvin Hagler was overwhelmed by the pre-fight hype against Leonard and it clearly showed when they fought, especially in the earlier rounds

SCREWstonRockets
03-13-2015, 11:01 AM
In fights against Pac,except maybe first 3-4 rounds in Cotto's case he came straight forward paid for it.Got in a hole,undisciplined with Santiago in corner and stupidly decided to go toe to toe.
Bradley didn't in first fight but 2nd fight he fought dumb and tried to Go straight ahead for the KO, Bradley for the most part imo fights sloppy.
Who's Algeri...I kid, I don't even count him , that was a exhibition sparring match against a kickboxer..

Was kidding about Algeri. All I'm saying is you can't use what Marquez did (who fought him 4 times) against Pacman as a comparison as what Floyd will do to Manny. Thats like saying since Maidana had success landing punches on Floyd, whos as one dimensional as it gets, so Manny will even have a better chance since hes a better fighter. It doesn't work like that. Like its been said, styles make fights. All 4 fighters mentioned have different styles.

This is the toughest fight for both men. Pacquiao hasn't been a underdog since his Oscar fight. Mayweather hasn't been in a fight with betting odds this close since his Oscar fight. Yes, both have slowed down significantly but I think that will make for a better fight. I still give Floyd the slight edge, but I think its more of an 50/50 fight that most think.

Think about it, this is the first time in a long time where both these guys are in a fight that everybody isn't assuming they will win easy. Thats real drama.

the mesiah
03-13-2015, 11:21 AM
Was kidding about Algeri. All I'm saying is you can't use what Marquez did (who fought him 4 times) against Pacman as a comparison as what Floyd will do to Manny. Thats like saying since Maidana had success landing punches on Floyd, whos as one dimensional as it gets, so Manny will even have a better chance since hes a better fighter. It doesn't work like that. Like its been said, styles make fights. All 4 fighters mentioned have different styles.

This is the toughest fight for both men. Pacquiao hasn't been a underdog since his Oscar fight. Mayweather hasn't been in a fight with betting odds this close since his Oscar fight. Yes, both have slowed down significantly but I think that will make for a better fight. I still give Floyd the slight edge, but I think its more of an 50/50 fight that most think.

Think about it, this is the first time in a long time where both these guys are in a fight that everybody isn't assuming they will win easy. Thats real drama.
Call me crazy , but I really think pac will have couple of flashes of excitement in the fight , hit his gloves together early in the fight but then floyd will find that comfort zone and route him in a clear UD and prob Duane ford makes up for the Bradley score and gives pac a 115-113 score ..just my imo ..u going to closed circuit out there ? U got ur canelo tickets yet ?

Crown&Coke
03-13-2015, 11:57 AM
btw, will there be a 24/7 or something?

No 24/7 or All Access for this fight like the normal we've been used to.

Each side will do a one hour special sometime before the fight. Floyd airing on Showtime and Pac airing on HBO.

L.Kizzle
03-13-2015, 01:52 PM
No 24/7 or All Access for this fight like the normal we've been used to.

Each side will do a one hour special sometime before the fight. Floyd airing on Showtime and Pac airing on HBO.
Pretty something about the fight will air on CBS.

L.Kizzle
03-13-2015, 02:07 PM
penalty for failing any of the drug testing is a 4 year ban

damyumnn
Shit, who pulls out the fight first?

NZStreetBaller
03-13-2015, 04:52 PM
:wtf:
Difference is Leonard lost much earlier in his career. Floyd is at the tail end and past his prime. Not much room for improvement at this point.

Marvin Hagler was overwhelmed by the pre-fight hype against Leonard and it clearly showed when they fought, especially in the earlier rounds

Im not saying its going to help floyd at all. Im saying that losing has improved mannys game. Especially learning from the marquez knockout.

L.Kizzle
03-13-2015, 05:45 PM
Let's hope manny is off that juice.....
Of course he's off now. That's why he found Jesus.