PDA

View Full Version : Reggie Jackson is the worst PG in the whole league

Embers
02-28-2015, 08:37 PM
Of this I am confident

He is a poor mans Brandon Jennings. Anyone who pays this hack more then 2.5 mill will regret it for a decade to come.

He has no basketball IQ. He is a blind chucker with his shots. He cant hit a open lay up to save his life. His passing is eratic at the best of times. He constantly wastes the clock when he is in position so he can get himself into position for a blind heave of the ball towards the rim. He had 3 weeks of good basketball his whole career when his blind chucks magically fell in near the business end of the season.

Otherwise id say Detroits decision to trade him in is the worst decision of the season.

buddha
02-28-2015, 08:38 PM
Detroit seems to like collecting idiots.

ralph_i_el
02-28-2015, 08:39 PM
Of this I am confident

He is a poor mans Brandon Jennings. Anyone who pays this hack more then 2.5 mill will regret it for a decade to come.

He has no basketball IQ. He is a blind chucker with his shots. He cant hit a open lay up to save his life. His passing is eratic at the best of times. He constantly wastes the clock when he is in position so he can get himself into position for a blind heave of the ball towards the rim. He had 3 weeks of good basketball his whole career when his blind chucks magically fell in near the business end of the season.

Otherwise id say Detroits decision to trade him in is the worst decision of the season.
^This. Definitely a rotation player, but I don't want him running my offense.

Lebronxrings
02-28-2015, 08:41 PM
durant stan?

24-Inch_Chrome
02-28-2015, 08:42 PM
Worst PG in the league? No. Bottom tier among starting PGs? Arguably yes.

imdaman99
02-28-2015, 08:43 PM
As a Knicks fan, he would be an upgrade over Calderon but I want no part of paying him 10+ milli absolutely not.

Embers
02-28-2015, 08:44 PM
As a Knicks fan, he would be an upgrade over Calderon but I want no part of paying him 10+ milli absolutely not.

I would take Calderon over Jackson for sure. Would even take Shane Larkin too

IncarceratedBob
02-28-2015, 08:44 PM
He's just a stupid person. He honestly has NO skill on the basketball court. He'll be out of the league in a few years

Jud
02-28-2015, 08:45 PM
I wouldn't say the worst. He has skill but he's just so damn stupid. I'd say his brain is the size of a dude's testicle.

Embers
02-28-2015, 08:55 PM
I wouldn't say the worst. He has skill but he's just so damn stupid. I'd say his brain is the size of a dude's testicle.

Id argue that having a basketball brain is the key skill of a PG though. If you have the worst basketball IQ on many levels you will be the worst PG.

The second Dinwiddle went to the pine and Jackson came in Wizards kicked back into gear and Detroits offense went down the toilet. Id be surprised if Jackson is starting by this time next week he has been that bad

Springsteen
02-28-2015, 09:03 PM
He's a solid starting point guard but nothing otherworldly. I mean it's one thing to be confident and it's another to believe you deserve to start over Russell Westbrook.

ButterFace
02-28-2015, 09:09 PM
Worst PG in the league? No. Bottom tier among starting PGs? Arguably yes.

This. I don't know why anybody would have expectations any higher.

Eric Cartman
02-28-2015, 09:10 PM
Would you have Isaiah Thomas over him?

Embers
02-28-2015, 09:11 PM
Would you have Isaiah Thomas over him?

Yes. Thomas scores the ball more consistently. Much much moreso. Same weakness with passing I feel but I dont see Thomas going 12 minutes for 1 made shot ever in a game really

Optimus Prime
02-28-2015, 09:12 PM
OKC was smart in jettisoning him when they did. Jackson wanted to be a starter, so now he is, and he's being exposed badly.

:kobe:

Eric Cartman
02-28-2015, 09:14 PM
Yes. Thomas scores the ball more consistently. Much much moreso. Same weakness with passing I feel but I dont see Thomas going 12 minutes for 1 made shot ever in a game really

Thomas is a beast.

I cry myself to sleep every night cause he ain't a Laker.

Reggie would be good on a Lakers uni too, but it wouldn't get me as hard.

Optimus Prime
02-28-2015, 09:15 PM
Thomas is a beast.

I cry myself to sleep every night cause he ain't a Laker.

Reggie would be good on a Lakers uni too, but it wouldn't get me as hard.

Thomas wanted to join this Lakers squad too, but Jimmy Buss was all like, "Nah bro we good we got JEREMY LIN!"

:facepalm

bluechox2
02-28-2015, 09:23 PM
reggie jackson had a better chance at scoring a megadeal if he stayed with okc for the rest of the year and played off of durant and westbrook...he is getting exposed now...but one thing for sure...detroit likes to overpay for below average players.

Eric Cartman
03-01-2015, 07:44 AM
Thomas wanted to join this Lakers squad too, but Jimmy Buss was all like, "Nah bro we good we got JEREMY LIN!"

:facepalm

Remember that :facepalm

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/10/29/isaiah-thomas-said-he-had-interest-in-signing-with-lakers/

Budadiiii
03-01-2015, 07:52 AM
Welcome to reality.

Dude has one good game out of 10 and people suck his dick. Guy is flat out trash.

Detroit, hold this ugly inefficient scrub. Thankyoucomeagain

Eric Cartman
03-01-2015, 07:56 AM
Welcome to reality.

Dude has one good game out of 10 and people suck his dick. Guy is flat out trash.

Detroit, hold this ugly inefficient scrub. Thankyoucomeagain

No more lion avy?

Budadiiii
03-01-2015, 08:01 AM
No more lion avy?
It was a tiger!

And I'm ever-evolving. Adapt, adapt, adapt, adapt....

I'm creative and spontaneous and I know what decisions to make.

You might have liked the tiger but everyone else was bored with it. Can't please everyone!

Eric Cartman
03-01-2015, 08:12 AM
I'm creative and spontaneous and I know what decisions to make.

You think you know, but you don't, once you know that you don't know, then you'll know.

Budadiiii
03-01-2015, 08:15 AM
You think you know, but you don't, once you know that you don't know, then you'll know.
I know, right?

StephHamann
03-01-2015, 09:11 AM
Rajon Rondo says "Hi"

embersyc
03-01-2015, 10:32 AM
Didn't like trading Augustin for this bum with an over inflated ego. Still happy Single is gone.

Jackson is really bad. I don't even want him as a reserve. He is Josh Smithing us right back to shittiness.

Hopefully SVG lets him walk after the season. I'd rather roll with Jennings/Dinwiddie/Lucas next season.

Rake2204
03-01-2015, 10:54 AM
Id argue that having a basketball brain is the key skill of a PG though. If you have the worst basketball IQ on many levels you will be the worst PG.

The second Dinwiddle went to the pine and Jackson came in Wizards kicked back into gear and Detroits offense went down the toilet. Id be surprised if Jackson is starting by this time next week he has been that badI don't have a history of watching Reggie Jackson and knowing a lot about him but I'm reserving judgment for the moment. That's not to say that folks here are wrong, I just haven't seen anything definitive enough to draw a conclusion.

Psychologically, it seems pretty evident that he's pushing & forcing, trying to step up and be the guy that he asked for the opportunity to be. It can be argued that his skill isn't super great, but I most certainly don't believe he's 5-24 bad. He knows he's supposed to be the man and it seems he's attempting to come to grips with that, in this case by over-exerting.

I think it's worth noting that he nearly dropped a triple double against the Cavaliers prior to his Knicks debacle (22 points, 8 rebounds, 9 assists).

That said, I get the conclusions from OKC fans. I personally find it impossible to believe that his effect in OKC was as bad as Josh Smith's in Detroit this year (Smith was our leading shot-taking hitting 39/24/46) but I know the feeling of watching a troubled player leave and head elsewhere, hoping that others can see their problems as well to justify one's displeasure.

dontgetchoked
03-01-2015, 11:09 AM
still dont know why detroit traded for him. DJ is better. Jackson is not that good.

k0kakw0rld
03-01-2015, 11:15 AM
He's a solid starting point guard but nothing otherworldly. I mean it's one thing to be confident and it's another to believe you deserve to start over Russell Westbrook.
They are basically the same player if you take Westbrook's athleticism out of the picture.