PDA

View Full Version : why does Cleveland use Kevin Love like he's a heftier version of mike miller?

STATUTORY
03-01-2015, 07:58 PM
dude is literally invisible and never featured in the offense, did he even touch the ball in the 3rd or 4th?

Irving is out, waiters is gone, no more excuses for the lack of invovlement of Love

Dude is GONE at the end of year

GONE, LA Bound

navy
03-01-2015, 07:59 PM
lol at him going to LA

nba_55
03-01-2015, 08:00 PM
I hated how he got ignored in the 4th and overtime, he is too good to not be involved. They've got to constantly involve him offensively.

STATUTORY
03-01-2015, 08:04 PM
lol at him going to LA

he went to college out here, it's a foregone conclusion from what I been told

Haymaker
03-01-2015, 08:11 PM
Love is shit. If he can't defend, why give him touches? Let him leave.

Optimus Prime
03-01-2015, 08:16 PM
It's called LeBron Ball.

See: Chris Bosh, before, during and after LeBron. It's pretty clear.

:kobe:

nba_55
03-01-2015, 08:18 PM
It's called LeBron Ball.

He was the same during and after Lebron. You fail.

edrick
03-01-2015, 08:19 PM
It's called LeBron Ball.

Wanting to win, versus putting up great stats. See Chris Bosh before, during, and after Lebron.

:lebronamazed:

Kingwillball
03-01-2015, 08:20 PM
It's called LeBron Ball.

When Love had no Lebron or Irving last game played same exact way.. no excuses.

jbryan1984
03-01-2015, 09:00 PM
Idk what his deal is. Friday he should of dominated that game as the number one option. Dude can rebound but other that he just shoots threes. He hardly does his turn around hook .

ShawkFactory
03-01-2015, 09:03 PM
Quietest 19 shots and 21 points I've ever seen. I'm not sure whats wrong with him. Maybe he really WAS just an empty stats guy.

They DO exist I guess...

christian1923
03-01-2015, 09:22 PM
Wiggins trade can not be justified. They don't need or even use love

warriorfan
03-01-2015, 09:30 PM
if you are playing with lebron you set a high screen or camp 3 point line and wait

RedBlackAttack
03-01-2015, 09:30 PM
Wiggins trade can not be justified. They don't need or even use love
Yet, he's averaging 17/10. Strange.

STATUTORY
03-01-2015, 09:32 PM
Yet, he's averaging 17/10. Strange.

he's not being utilized correctly and never see any touches

u think he will be a difference maker in the playoffs?

Smoke117
03-01-2015, 09:33 PM
Why are you speaking like people care about or are uneasy about him going to the Lakers...what a frightening prospect, right fellas? An offensive PF who does nothing defensivey...going to a joke of a team that is both atrocious offensively and defensively. Shiver...were all petrified by the prospect of Kevin Love going to the LA...can't you tell? Enjoy those five extra wins if this happens?

04mzwach
03-01-2015, 09:33 PM
Love can go to Portland or LA where he belongs. Maybe there will be an earthquake and he'll fall into the ocean.

RedBlackAttack
03-01-2015, 09:36 PM
he's not being utilized correctly and never see any touches

u think he will be a difference maker in the playoffs?
He is a difference-maker right now. If you look at the advanced metrics, since the trade for Mozgov, Smith and Shumpert, the Cavs' starting five is the best in the league. Love is an integral part of that. He has the ability to pull bigs away from the basket and, if you put in a smaller defender who can play him on the perimeter, he has the ability to post them up.

Is the chemistry perfect yet? No. Far from it.

Are the Cavs and Love in a better place now than they were at the start of the season? Undoubtedly. It's an ongoing process.

And, for the first time in his career, Love is on a winning team. He has two options ... he can either have the offense run through him and be on a middling team with playoff aspirations or he could be a third option on a title contender.

His call. I'm guessing he is going to prefer the latter.

christian1923
03-01-2015, 09:43 PM
He is a difference-maker right now. If you look at the advanced metrics, since the trade for Mozgov, Smith and Shumpert, the Cavs' starting five is the best in the league. Love is an integral part of that. He has the ability to pull bigs away from the basket and, if you put in a smaller defender who can play him on the perimeter, he has the ability to post them up.

Is the chemistry perfect yet? No. Far from it.

Are the Cavs and Love in a better place now than they were at the start of the season? Undoubtedly. It's an ongoing process.

And, for the first time in his career, Love is on a winning team. He has two options ... he can either have the offense run through him and be on a middling team with playoff aspirations or he could be a third option on a title contender.

His call. I'm guessing he is going to prefer the latter.
A nice third option or a once in a decade talent? I'll take the ladder.

JohnnyBravo5
03-01-2015, 09:51 PM
Love would be awesome in the Hawks system.

knicksman
03-01-2015, 09:54 PM
What separates 2/5s from 6/6s? 6/6s adjust to teammates while 2/5s let teammates adjust.

Optimus Prime
03-01-2015, 10:48 PM
What are the chances Love gets thrown under the bus by LeBron when they lose in the playoffs? I'm guessing it'll be 50/50 between Love and Blatt.

Also, is Love supposed to fit in or out? Seems like out because LeBron has him standing at the 3 point line while he dribble dribble dribbles. Reminds me of another All Star big man who played with LeBron...

DeuceWallaces
03-01-2015, 10:55 PM
To Love's credit, he can be more than a 3rd option on a contender. Maybe that would be a reason for him to leave, especially if they can't get it done this year.

Mikebball1
03-02-2015, 01:19 AM
not if he wins a chip! he staying for the long haul!

Smoke117
03-02-2015, 01:21 AM
To Love's credit, he can be more than a 3rd option on a contender. Maybe that would be a reason for him to leave, especially if they can't get it done this year.

Didn't read. But you don't know who writes Pearl Jams songs lyrics...so you can't possibly know what the **** you are talking about now. An idiot i even told facts to...who disputed...FACTS...Yes...all those green stars and a moron looking glossy eyed up at the stars.

Springsteen
03-02-2015, 01:24 AM

:facepalm

Do you think Lebron signed with Cleveland to wait for Wiggins to become his prime for?

coin24
03-02-2015, 01:25 AM
Do not want that scrub in LA.. Rot in Cleveland thanks:cheers:

christian1923
03-02-2015, 01:25 AM
:facepalm

Do you think Lebron signed with Cleveland to wait for Wiggins to become his prime for?
I'm not laughing at Lebron, im laughing at the Cavs organization

ralph_i_el
03-02-2015, 01:51 AM

latter

JT123
03-02-2015, 02:08 AM
I honestly don't think Love wants the ball down the stretch of games. Every time he gets a good look down the stretch of a close game he is hesitant to shoot. :confusedshrug:

DeuceWallaces
03-02-2015, 02:28 AM
Didn't read. But you don't know who writes Pearl Jams songs lyrics...so you can't possibly know what the **** you are talking about now. An idiot i even told facts to...who disputed...FACTS...Yes...all those green stars and a moron looking glossy eyed up at the stars.

I don't know who you are, but I'm sorry I made you so butt-hurt and I'm sorry that you don't understand writing credits.

2swift4u
03-02-2015, 03:57 AM
It's a shame that the Cavs don't use Love like they should. But lately Lebron has completely failed to involve anybody in my opinion. He kinda just refused to share the ball

bdreason
03-02-2015, 04:01 AM
Because unlike Bosh, there is not way Kevin Love can play center. That means there is already one bigman standing around the paint... and in the modern NBA, you don't want two bigmen standing around the paint. That means on offense Kevin Love gets to stand on the 3-point line, like a heftier Mike Miller.

ShawkFactory
03-02-2015, 04:05 AM
It's a shame that the Cavs don't use Love like they should. But lately Lebron has completely failed to involve anybody in my opinion. He kinda just refused to share the ball
Which is weird given his mentality over the years. He seems to be trying to mold his game a little differently and still hasn't completely figured it out yet.

Though to be fair with today's game, aside from that James Jones spurt no one was hitting anything in the second half so he kinda had to take matters into his own hands.

STATUTORY
03-02-2015, 12:00 PM
Because unlike Bosh, there is not way Kevin Love can play center. That means there is already one bigman standing around the paint... and in the modern NBA, you don't want two bigmen standing around the paint. That means on offense Kevin Love gets to stand on the 3-point line, like a heftier Mike Miller.

:biggums: :wtf:

ralph_i_el
03-02-2015, 12:23 PM
:biggums: :wtf:

?? It's completely true. Teams are moving towards having 3 shooters on the floor who aren't the primary ball handler. Statistically, teams have realized that going after offensive rebounds is worse than trying to space the floor and defend back in transition. No need for two bigs chilling around the paint.

Watch teams with two bigs who can't shoot 3's. If they have a good perpetrator, one of those bigs will be unguarded if he moves away from the paint. If you keep both bigs near the paint, it will be way harder to get any penetration.