PDA

View Full Version : Today was exactly what the Cavs and Lebron needed

KirbyPls
03-01-2015, 08:28 PM
The Cavs, but Lebron especially, were feeling themselves, and Lebron probably was thinking MVP is his; well on his way to another title. A ridiculous, embarrassing performance and loss that was all on Lebron is very good for him and the team IMO. This game showed the reality that the Cavs are contenders, nothing more, and Lebron will have to be better, especially in the playoffs. I'm glad he lost the MVP today, hopefully it will light a fire under his ass, for when it really counts. :mad:

InB4, the flood of haters, and Simon orgasms (all of your criticisms were valid today, good on you all).

Richesly
03-01-2015, 09:01 PM
The Cavs aren't even the best team in the east. They are less relevant than Toronto and Atlanta.

I don't care enough about LeBron to hate him like some other guys do, but before today people were saying the Cavs were the best team in the east. Well, guess what? Atlanta easily handled Houston at their house and we will blow Houston out when they come to visit us.

In summary, the Cavs are not the team to beat in the east, that would be Atlanta.

KirbyPls
03-01-2015, 09:07 PM
The Cavs aren't even the best team in the east. They are less irrelevant than Toronto and Atlanta.

I don't care enough about LeBron to hate him like some other guys do, but before today people were saying the Cavs were the best team in the east. Well, guess what? Atlanta easily handled Houston at their house and we will blow Houston out when they come to visit us.

In summary, the Cavs are not the team to beat in the east, that would be Atlanta.

We shall see. Your Hawks are indeed looking good. Playoffs tell the tale, they always do.

RedBlackAttack
03-01-2015, 09:08 PM
They are less irrelevant than Toronto and Atlanta.

http://readeroffictions.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/i-do-not-think-it-means-what-you-think-it-means.gif

Dave3
03-01-2015, 09:09 PM
The Cavs aren't even the best team in the east. They are less irrelevant than Toronto and Atlanta.

Agreed, they're the only relevant team in the East. Big of you to admit that as an Atlanta fan :cheers: :cheers:

sportjames23
^^^^:oldlol:

Richesly
http://readeroffictions.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/i-do-not-think-it-means-what-you-think-it-means.gif

Typo.

RedBlackAttack
03-01-2015, 09:10 PM
Typo.
Was it?

Kvnzhangyay
03-01-2015, 09:12 PM
The Cavs aren't even the best team in the east. They are less relevant than Toronto and Atlanta.

:biggums: :biggums: :biggums:

Richesly
03-01-2015, 09:12 PM
Was it?

I was cooking whilst typing on my phone, which I guess auto-corrected it for whatever reason. Regardless, you get my point. There are no stats to indicate Cleveland is better than Atlanta this year. Hell, you could even see that using the eye test. Atlanta is just a much more polished team in every way.

24-Inch_Chrome
03-01-2015, 09:14 PM

:facepalm

As much as I love the Raptors, Cleveland will outperform them come playoff time. Atlanta still has the best record in the conference but I can't see how Cleveland doesn't make it to the finals. They've got the best player in the league, if they're healthy for the playoffs they'll be a lock for the finals.

RedBlackAttack
03-01-2015, 09:19 PM
I was cooking whilst typing on my phone, which I guess auto-corrected it for whatever reason. Regardless, you get my point. There are no stats to indicate Cleveland is better than Atlanta this year. Hell, you could even see that using the eye test. Atlanta is just a much more polished team in every way.
What kind of stats were you looking for? I don't want to be the favorites. I'd rather not have that target, tbh. But, the Cavs have been statistically (ORtg + DRtg) the best team in the East since the trade for Mozgov, Smith and Shumpert reshaped the team.

Furthermore, while this Cavs team may be unproven, they are no moreso than Toronto or Atlanta. I guess the biggest difference is that the Cavs have a player on the roster who has been the best player on the best team in the East for the last four seasons.

The Cavs still have a lot to prove. I'm just not sure an Atlanta fan should be the one to point that out. :confusedshrug:

knicksman
03-01-2015, 09:56 PM
if 2/5 cant lit his ass. Nothing will

DeuceWallaces
03-01-2015, 10:09 PM
What kind of stats were you looking for? I don't want to be the favorites. I'd rather not have that target, tbh. But, the Cavs have been statistically (ORtg + DRtg) the best team in the East since the trade for Mozgov, Smith and Shumpert reshaped the team.

Hawks appear to have a better net Rtg in that time frame.

J Shuttlesworth
03-01-2015, 10:34 PM
Honestly, I'll take that L. LeBron was just uncharacteristically bad from free throw line all game. It's very rare for that to happen... what was he, 3-11? Very unlikely that happens again throughout the whole season. He was doing a good job at being aggressive and getting to the paint, but missed his free throws. He was doing a good job defensively on Harden in the 4th/OT and had some good chase down blocks. Beating a team like the Rockets on the road is tough.

Props to James Harden though. I think him and LeBron have shown that they are a level above Steph Curry. I got Harden for MVP, personally

J Shuttlesworth
03-01-2015, 10:36 PM
Hawks appear to have a better net Rtg in that time frame.
Here are the numbers since LeBron's return sorted by NetRtg

http://i.imgur.com/HZuadCm.png

DeuceWallaces
03-01-2015, 10:39 PM
He said since the trade. And you didn't include todays game.

J Shuttlesworth
03-01-2015, 10:42 PM
He said since the trade. And you didn't include todays game.
I put it from 1/15 to 3/1. I think NBA.com stats haven't updated with today's game yet.

But I think the stats since LeBron's return are more relevant than just the stats when Mozgov and company joined the team.

The point is that they have been the best team in the league since LeBron returned

DeuceWallaces
03-01-2015, 10:45 PM
He returned the 13th in a loss to the Suns.

J Shuttlesworth
03-01-2015, 10:51 PM
He returned the 13th in a loss to the Suns.
Ahh forgot about that game. In that time span, they are 2nd to the Warriors in net RTG. Not sure what the # will be after today's game

DeuceWallaces
03-01-2015, 10:54 PM
Well, the point is that they're both good and the Cavs are not really significantly better since the trade or his return from vacation.