PDA

View Full Version : Wiggins is the healthy version of Tmac

imnew09
03-02-2015, 03:01 PM
Both athletic af with a wet a$$ jumper. Both can finish around the rim as well!!

Cavs fked up!

navy
03-02-2015, 03:02 PM
I dont get it. Was TMac not healthy his rookie year?

DeuceWallaces
03-02-2015, 03:03 PM
Don't get ahead of yourself. TMac was healthy for many years.

Ca$H
03-02-2015, 03:22 PM
Both athletic af with a wet a$$ jumper. Both can finish around the rim as well!!

Cavs fked up!

I called it. Tmac on offense. Pippen on defense.

SugarHill
03-02-2015, 03:26 PM
I called it. Tmac on offense. Pippen on defense.
that would be the greatest perimeter player of all time :kobe:

Here's the thing about T-Mac comparisons....T-Mac had arguably the nicest handle for someone of his height ever. Wiggins probably will never reach that. Also, if Wiggins ever reaches T-Mac production, he'll never reach T-Mac's aesthetic game which is top 5 imo.

ralph_i_el
03-02-2015, 03:28 PM

Here's the thing about T-Mac comparisons....T-Mac had arguably the nicest handle for someone of his height ever. Wiggins probably will never reach that. Also, if Wiggins ever reaches T-Mac production, he'll never reach T-Mac's aesthetic game which is top 5 imo.
^This. Tmac was one of the most talented offensive players of all time

NBAplayoffs2001
03-02-2015, 03:39 PM
^This. Tmac was one of the most talented offensive players of all time

Still one of the nastiest moves I've seen from a 6'8'' player

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3jTaT3pYFE

Chrono90
03-02-2015, 03:54 PM
Either you are not too bright or you've never seen healthy tmac play.

Jud
03-02-2015, 03:58 PM
WTF? How old are you? He was healthy every year up until 2006 when he with Houston. After that he had another good season but it all went downhill from there one out.

NBAplayoffs2001
03-02-2015, 04:06 PM
WTF? How old are you? He was healthy every year up until 2006 when he with Houston. After that he had another good season but it all went downhill from there one out.

TMac was pretty filthy on the 05 Houston team.

GreggPopazit
03-02-2015, 04:14 PM
I dont get it. Was TMac not healthy his rookie year?

Exactly. OP might as well say Wiggins is a young version of T-Mac. Who knows what his future health will look like.

GOBB
03-02-2015, 04:37 PM
Tmac had swag. Wiggins still needs to break out of being a herb.

ShawkFactory
03-02-2015, 05:44 PM

Cavs fked up!
You are on a rampage of retarded threads

lilteapot
03-02-2015, 05:47 PM
lmao since when does Wiggins have a "wet" jumper

not close to t macs

STATUTORY
03-02-2015, 06:17 PM

where would you rank lebron?

LoneyROY7
03-02-2015, 06:18 PM
Dis boy niiice.

Milbuck
03-02-2015, 06:23 PM
The jumpshot wasn't the only thing T-Mac had, what really separated him from other perimeter players was his surreal handle at his size, his playmaking ability, and his body control/fluidity. Wiggins is gonna be a different kind of monster imo, he has stuff that no one else has..but he's not T-Mac.

GOBB
03-02-2015, 06:26 PM
The jumpshot wasn't the only thing T-Mac had, what really separated him from other perimeter players was his surreal handle at his size, his playmaking ability, and his body control/fluidity. Wiggins is gonna be a different kind of monster imo, he has stuff that no one else has..but he's not T-Mac.

Like what? I need a laugh. Kids here be saying the most outrageous things.

ShawkFactory
03-02-2015, 06:29 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6C14ZwE4ybI

So smooth and effortless. Wiggins can only dream of this right now.

Milbuck
03-02-2015, 06:30 PM
Like what? I need a laugh. Kids here be saying the most outrageous things.
Name me all the players in the league with his combination of size, length, vertical explosiveness, lateral quickness.

Sportal
03-02-2015, 06:40 PM
What age did T-Mac come out of wherever he come out from?

I think you guys will be better to judge after this off-season. If he comes back with average handling then I doubt he'll change much.

SyRyanYang
03-02-2015, 07:51 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6C14ZwE4ybI

So smooth and effortless. Wiggins can only dream of this right now.

Wiggins isn't Tmac yet, but he does have a smooth step back jumper
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUlBVcdl3GM#t=59

GOBB
03-02-2015, 07:54 PM
What age did T-Mac come out of wherever he come out from

Assuming you are asking what year did he break out? He spent 3 seasons in Toronto before going to Orlando where he broke out. Think he was 21

Sportal
03-02-2015, 08:55 PM
Assuming you are asking what year did he break out? He spent 3 seasons in Toronto before going to Orlando where he broke out. Think he was 21

Yeah, I wasn't very clear lol...

Anyway, so, 21? Next season it is then.

JimmyMcAdocious
03-02-2015, 09:26 PM
TMac's production spiked in Orlando because of opportunity. But his talent was very evident his last year in Toronto, hence why he was heavily sought after in the fa market. Think he got a max contract... At what? 20 years old, only coming off the bench. Orlando wasn't the only to offer him that either. Bulls, I want to say?

bizil
03-02-2015, 09:30 PM
Two things that T-Mac has on Wiggins is three point shooting and the ability to play PG, SG, and SF. Wiggins is more of a swingman and not as versatile offensively as T-Mac as of now. Peak wise, T Mac was a top 5 SG of all time. To be frank, Wiggins reminds me more of Paul George than T-Mac.

miggyme1
03-02-2015, 11:38 PM

Cavs fked up!

lmao....and u making this claim after what? 50 games.smh...im done.

raprap
03-03-2015, 12:39 AM
Tmacs ball handling skills was miles ahead. Hopefully wiggy can reach that.

JtotheIzzo
03-03-2015, 05:04 AM
Lets be a bit real about T Mac here, he averaged 7ppg and 9ppg his first two seasons, and didn't average 15ppg till his third year (something Wiggins is doing already) so to say that his offensive game is miles ahead is selective memory.

Also, his Toronto highlight reel is almost exclusively dunks, Wiggins has shown an ability to score from many more places on the floor.

This is not to say that TMac is bad, it is just to say that Wiggins is good, and with the growth he has shown this year there is no need to assume he won't continue to grow.

Yes TMac had a fluidity and great handles right from the start but he didn't have the offensive arsenal Wiggins possesses already in his first two years.

Also, I think Wiggins will be the better shooter, one of the years that TMac lead the league in scoring he shot 41% from the floor and he only shot over 37% from three twice. Wiggins is shooting 35% as a rookie from three with a shot that is only going to get better with practice and strengthening.

Wiggins would do well to copy many parts of TMac's game, and if he had the same career (minus the injuries) then no one would complain, but to just say Wiggins cannot surpass TMac by what people have only seen to date, is a bit presumptuous.

JohnFreeman
03-03-2015, 05:15 AM
Not really