PDA

View Full Version : Duncan and Ayres Share A Moment

T_L_P
03-02-2015, 04:21 PM
https://streamable.com/wmv1

#1 teammate and leader in the NBA, tbh. Feel bad for Jeff.

Proctor
03-02-2015, 04:25 PM
What's the story here?

IncarceratedBob
03-02-2015, 04:25 PM
How do U measure a teammate and leadership?

Heavincent
03-02-2015, 04:27 PM
What's the story here?

He played like crap in garbage time and felt bad.

Proctor
03-02-2015, 04:30 PM
He played like crap in garbage time and felt bad.
He's probably the worst player in the NBA. Can't believe he has managed to stay with the Spurs.

Dr Hawk
03-02-2015, 04:38 PM
He is a great teammate for sure, but he spent 1 whole year without talking to Parker :O

http://espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2014/story/_/id/10818411/2014-nba-playoffs-tony-parker-san-antonio-spurs-says-tim-duncan-speak-rookie-year

T_L_P
03-02-2015, 04:45 PM
He is a great teammate for sure, but he spent 1 whole year without talking to Parker :O

http://espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2014/story/_/id/10818411/2014-nba-playoffs-tony-parker-san-antonio-spurs-says-tim-duncan-speak-rookie-year

:coleman:

I'll find the ESPN link where Parker said he was exaggerating.

There is footage of them messing around on the bench his rookie season and off the court...and Duncan got ejected in one of those games because he stood up for Parker against Garnett (double ejection iirc).

Edit: Spurs writers think something else may be going on with Ayres...along with the terrible play (I still like him though).

Dr Hawk
03-02-2015, 04:54 PM

There is footage of them messing around on the bench his rookie season and off the court...and Duncan got ejected in one of those games because he stood up for Parker against Garnett (double ejection iirc).

Edit: Spurs writers think something else may be going on with Ayres...along with the terrible play (I still like him though).

Glad to read this :) I hope you can find the link.

It is really weird coming from Duncan that he would do something like that

KNOW1EDGE
03-02-2015, 05:01 PM
He's probably the worst player in the NBA. Can't believe he has managed to stay with the Spurs.

Lol

He is a hustle guy who gives it 100% every posession.
He is athletic and has decent size. He'll never be a or even 6th man but he cab def help an NBA team.

Way to go overboard and hate on a young guy for no reason.

Portland loved him when he was with the Blazers, he's a good guy and I wish him nothing but the best.

Good thing he gets to play with Tim Duncan and not you!

Proctor
03-02-2015, 05:09 PM
Lol

He is a hustle guy who gives it 100% every posession.
He is athletic and has decent size. He'll never be a or even 6th man but he cab def help an NBA team.

Way to go overboard and hate on a young guy for no reason.

Portland loved him when he was with the Blazers, he's a good guy and I wish him nothing but the best.

Good thing he gets to play with Tim Duncan and not you!
Don't mean to hate. He's a better basketball player than you or I will ever be, I just think he's close to dead last in the league. I actually thought he had a bright future when he was playing in Portland and still had the name Pendergraph. Seemed to bring good energy and had a decent mid-range jumper.

Anytime I've seen him play with the Spurs, he just runs around like a pogo-stick jacking errant shots in garbage time. Ever since he changed his name, he has just seemed like a goof to me. :lol

T_L_P
03-02-2015, 11:07 PM
Don't mean to hate. He's a better basketball player than you or I will ever be, I just think he's close to dead last in the league. I actually thought he had a bright future when he was playing in Portland and still had the name Pendergraph. Seemed to bring good energy and had a decent mid-range jumper.

Anytime I've seen him play with the Spurs, he just runs around like a pogo-stick jacking errant shots in garbage time. Ever since he changed his name, he has just seemed like a goof to me. :lol

That's what I like about him though. He's a scrub, but he knows it.

He doesn't complaining about playing time, and he doesn't jack up 3s like Daye did.

CNNonceAgain
03-03-2015, 12:39 AM

I like him too, but he doesn't have any NBA level skill. Feel bad that he has been so shit, seems like a good dude, and he always tries hard.

Spurs m8
03-03-2015, 12:58 AM
The story is this is the big time, Ayres ****in sucks, realized how much he sucks after Pop took him off in garbage time for being terrible and Duncan is consoling him.

Nice of Tim, and look, i do have a heart but this is the big league and Ayres has been wasting a roster spot....this should end after this season.

Wish my job would pay me a couple of mill to be shit.

Spurs m8
03-03-2015, 12:59 AM
I think it hit him his NBA days are basically over

http://www.poundingtherock.com/2015/3/2/8131483/jeff-ayres-and-the-emotional-plight-of-the-fringe-player

nba_55
03-03-2015, 12:59 AM
I am sure Duncan made him share more moments that night

Spurs m8
03-03-2015, 02:54 AM
I pay him out more than almost any other player but I kinda feel sorry for him after seeing that vine haha

Hope he's made some good investments, he'll get a gig overseas, he can carry on with a pretty nice life.

keep-itreal
03-03-2015, 02:59 AM
GOAT teammate, GOAT PF

but seriously, how can you be an athletic center and still suck at basketball? That just makes no sense

Spurs m8
03-03-2015, 03:02 AM
He just can't handle a ball, I'd say he played little to no ball sports growing up, probably did wrestling or something.

nba_55
03-03-2015, 03:08 AM
He just can't handle a ball, I'd say he played little to no ball sports growing up, probably did wrestling or something.

i'm sure Duncan taught him how to handle balls that night

theaussieguy
03-03-2015, 03:21 AM
he will still be in the L next year, he will have a bright future it just takes time for some players to find their spot, he will find it dont u worry bout dat young padawin

Spurs m8
03-03-2015, 04:30 AM
If he is playing for the spurs and getting minutes in pop's system, then there is something there.....he will come around

You haven't watched him.
He can't catch the ball, has been known to miss dunks and i've never seen a player get so many illegal screens.

CNNonceAgain
03-03-2015, 08:25 AM
You haven't watched him.
He can't catch the ball, has been known to miss dunks and i've never seen a player get so many illegal screens.

to be fair, many players set more illegal screens (*cough* Garnett *cough*) but he just gets called more often.

HomieWeMajor
03-03-2015, 08:29 AM
Timmy groomin that lil lightskin ass.

buddha
03-03-2015, 08:35 AM
I think we finally found out who Duncan was cheating on his wife with.

Lebron23
03-03-2015, 09:14 AM
I am sure Duncan made him share more moments that night

http://media2.giphy.com/media/cbG9wtoO8QScw/200_s.gif