PDA

View Full Version : Will Derek Fisher end up being the worst coach of all time?

navy
03-04-2015, 12:00 AM
Phil Jackson set him up to fail to be honest.

STATUTORY
03-04-2015, 12:03 AM
garbage pg for vast majority of his extended career, so good to see him continuing that tradition of ineptitude in other endeavors

You Cant Ban Me
03-04-2015, 12:04 AM
way too many white players on the knicks for them to ever succeed in the NBA i dont blame Coach Fisher get him a better roster and the knicks will do work

imdaman99
03-04-2015, 12:06 AM
It's a tank team. I don't know who coached the Spurs in the year David Robinson got hurt, but I think he did a bad job as well.

navy
03-04-2015, 12:09 AM
It's a tank team. I don't know who coached the Spurs in the year David Robinson got hurt, but I think he did a bad job as well.
David Robinson and Tim Duncan dont play for the knicks.

AI09
03-04-2015, 12:10 AM
No i think he will pick it up next year and if he gets fired i feel he will get another opportunity down the road to prove it

imdaman99
03-04-2015, 12:12 AM
David Robinson and Tim Duncan dont play for the knicks.
You don't get the correlation? Do you need me to break it down for you? :roll:

Richesly
03-04-2015, 12:13 AM
Not all.

Larry Drew is the worse coach of all time.

The_Pharcyde
03-04-2015, 12:13 AM
yes, the same way Jason Kidd ended up being the worst of all time

these threads get stupider everyday

SwishSquared
03-04-2015, 12:16 AM
In before Shaw joins Fisher for next season. This team is pretty devoid of talent, so I'll just say he hasn't done a great job this season but can improve. Idk who the assistant coaches are, but my guess is that they're as underwhelming as Fisher thus far. He could end up the WOAT, though.

navy
03-04-2015, 12:20 AM
In before Shaw joins Fisher for next season. This team is pretty devoid of talent, so I'll just say he hasn't done a great job this season but can improve. Idk who the assistant coaches are, but my guess is that they're as underwhelming as Fisher thus far. He could end up the WOAT, though.
I never said Fisher was that bad by himself, i said that Phil Jackson set him up to fail.

Terrible team. Good draft pick and Melo wont save them from being terrible again next year. Another good draft pick and maybe it's the last year that they are terrible.

Maybe they hit the free agent lottery and overpay some guys to turn it around.

gts
03-04-2015, 12:21 AM
couple quick thoughts

The roster sucks it hasn't been a really fair season to judge Fisher on...
I'd place more blame on Jackson than I would Fisher, I know neither had much to work with and it was always going to be a process but still, this is not good

Do they even attempt to run the triangle or have they completely scrapped that archaic system? If they try and stick with it the rebuild will take forever because right now they don't seem to have one player that would work in the system and you need at least two stars and a boatload of quality role players for the tri

Steve Kerr has got to be down on his knees every night of the week thanking the basketball fairies for steering him away from NY

jimmy77x
11-13-2015, 11:20 PM
Most likely.

Terahite
11-13-2015, 11:25 PM
way too many white players on the knicks for them to ever succeed in the NBA i dont blame Coach Fisher get him a better roster and the knicks will do work

Too many white players and not enough white coaches.

imdaman99
11-13-2015, 11:25 PM
Good bump. My patience for this fcker is running out

navy
11-13-2015, 11:31 PM
Good bump

Mr. Jabbar
11-13-2015, 11:32 PM
Without even watching the game I can almost bet it wasn't so much on fisher but melo shitting his pants derrick rose playoff style in the 4th