PDA

View Full Version : Wilt Chamberlain possibly had a son (original SI article):

CavaliersFTW
03-04-2015, 04:00 PM
DarkJaws missed the original article and appears to have only made the his thread to troll so here's the original more extensive article that just broke out:

http://www.si.com/nba/2015/03/04/wilt-chamberlain-aaron-levi-a-giant-shadow-son-secret

Has a video on the story and whatnot.

The Chamberlain family is not/will not appear to be getting involved with this (providing DNA samples, etc). It seems possible he is Wilt's son by resemblence and his story seems plausible but who knows unless the Chamberlain family decided to talk to this guy and provide some DNA samples.

IncarceratedBob
03-04-2015, 04:04 PM
I hope he doesn't actually reveal himself. The hate he would receive is crazy

Im Still Ballin
03-04-2015, 04:05 PM
Imagine if Wilt's name was Walt instead

sickening!

lilteapot
03-04-2015, 04:05 PM
He probably had many sons and daughters. Bound to happen if you sleep with 1000 women.

CavaliersFTW
03-04-2015, 04:09 PM
I hope he doesn't actually reveal himself. The hate he would receive is crazy
Check out the article, he did reveal himself and even broke out the news with a huge SI story/video/pics.

Claims he isn't interested in financial gain. However, wouldn't SI have paid him to break the story? I don't know. Maybe he's actually being genuine. No way of finding out if he's actually a direct relative of the Chamberlain's though unless they agreed to provide DNA.

IncarceratedBob
03-04-2015, 04:10 PM
He kinda looks like The Rock

JerrySeinfeld
03-04-2015, 04:13 PM
Wilt Chamberlain wasn't 6'10 although this does seem plausible.

Sucks this dude didn't pursue basketball

CavaliersFTW
03-04-2015, 04:17 PM

the information this guy recieved about his birth father was 6-10, 240lb professioanal basketball player from Kansas

None of that exactly fits Wilt. You need to stretch it all to believe it was Wilt however, it is stated that the mother provided all the information. The mother apprently only knew Wilt for a few days. Maybe that's all she figured without actually knowing the details.

At the time Wilt would have been 28 years old, 290, as you said he was 7-1, played for the Philadelphia 76ers. He's from Philly... but played college ball at Kansas so it's possible that's where that information came from.

jongib369
:eek:

Looks just like him. It's a shame it'll likely never be proven. They're from a different time so I kinda understand not wanting any part of it. Yet I just can't help but think it's silly. It wouldn't tarnish the man's legacy in any way these days, the least the could do is LOOK at the photos. Why not just a peak and possibly help another human being solve a puzzle in their life ? Especially if he's willing to sign a contract like the one stated

:biggums:

Anyways unless Wilt was still at it in the 90s my hopes of a unknown son his size dominating the nba will never happen :'(

KobesFinger
OP is jealous

CavaliersFTW
03-04-2015, 04:20 PM
OP is jealous
:facepalm No. I actually have a father.

inclinerator
03-04-2015, 04:24 PM
:facepalm No. I actually have a father.
jlauber?

MavsSuperFan
03-04-2015, 04:29 PM

it could just be that the person judging his height judged it wrong
not everyone is accurate when judging a person's height

DaRkJaWs
03-04-2015, 04:31 PM
Actually on my phone I did not see the video on SI's site and the article I posted it clearly has the video and link to the original si article (which I read first, btw). As far as trolling or not, doesn't make a difference when the substance is whether people read the article or not.

DaRkJaWs
03-04-2015, 04:35 PM
It should be obvious to all here that the woman did not want to totally give wilt away with the details and simply got close enough to the real height...if she had said he was 7'0-7'2 everyone in the world would have known it was obviously his kid, in which case she would have simply said the kid was chamberlains. As far as a masters degree from Kansas, that's the kind of thing wilt would lie about, according to Lynda Huey.

STATUTORY
03-04-2015, 05:15 PM
wilt fathered a fat middle aged jewish white boy?

I don't have my audio on can someone confirm?

MavsSuperFan
03-04-2015, 05:29 PM
wilt fathered a fat middle aged jewish white boy?

I don't have my audio on can someone confirm?
supposedly

CavaliersFTW
03-04-2015, 05:53 PM
supposedly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2Di716BBXQ

Lynda Huey said it best, the biggest reason people might doubt the connection is that saying the father of a tall half black child is Wilt Chamberlain's is the get-out-of-jail-free card of that generation. That angle assumes the mother is a dishonest person in that situation.

Inversely, being an incredibly tall (say, 6-8+) black man and claiming to be Wilt Chamberlain to have a one night stand with a pretty young white women could also be a get-out-of-jail-free card of that generation. The man could have lied about himself to get in a womans pants. That angle assumes the father was dishnest in that situation.

All that said, the guy does resemble Wilt Chamberlain, and the story sort of fits if you fudge some of the inconsistent details and give them some benefit of the doubt. It's an interesting story.

Just no way of knowing for sure without a DNA test, which the only two remaining siblings of Wilt (out of a family of 11) refuse to do because Wilt is no longer alive to grant them consent they feel they would need in order to do that, they claim it doesn't feel right getting involved.

R.I.P.
03-04-2015, 06:04 PM
His biological mother must have the mother of all uteri. He banged 20000 and only one got pregnant. She can turn blanks into bullets. :eek:

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
03-04-2015, 06:09 PM
Actually on my phone I did not see the video on SI's site and the article I posted it clearly has the video and link to the original si article (which I read first, btw). As far as trolling or not, doesn't make a difference when the substance is whether people read the article or not.Lets be real, this nigguh was clearly trying to out stage you. I suppose its only fitting the king of all Wilt fans reported this story.

plot twist: wilt's son is actually jlauber

CavaliersFTW
03-04-2015, 06:16 PM
Lets be real, this nigguh was clearly trying to out stage you. I suppose its only fitting the king of all Wilt fans reported this story.

plot twist: wilt's son is actually jlauber
Plot twist, Wilt's other son is actually poster Deuce Bigelow

finchyyy
03-04-2015, 07:04 PM
LAZERUSS is an overweight Jewish art painter? Makes sense.

STATUTORY
03-04-2015, 07:12 PM
Plot twist, Wilt's other son is actually poster Deuce Bigelow

dat oedipus complex pyschoanalysis incoming