and Harden is 11-1

Lebron is 6-2

Heavincent
03-06-2015, 02:50 AM
Your point?

J Shuttlesworth
03-06-2015, 02:51 AM
Your point?
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-c2npXjqL6dc/U-W8h24ZlcI/AAAAAAAAIvE/iwnq9cpKsZo/s1600/Kevin+Love+Caviliers.jpg

navy
Westbrook is a gunner to be honest. I doubt the rest of those guys have many 35 point games where they werent hot.

Rose'sACL
Your point?
i posted the stat ....... you make whatever observation you like.

ImKobe
03-06-2015, 02:52 AM
Ahh, here we go with this narrative again...same shit was said about Kobe in 2013 when the injured Lakers' squad was struggling, like him having good games was a bad thing.

navy
03-06-2015, 02:53 AM
Ahh, here we go with this narrative again...same shit was said about Kobe in 2013 when the injured Lakers' squad was struggling, like him having good games was a bad thing.
35 points isnt necessarily a good game.

wally_world
03-06-2015, 02:55 AM
OKC has never lost when Kendrick Perkins scores 30+ pts

I<3NBA
03-06-2015, 02:56 AM
Spoelstra and the Heat have shown the formula to beat a Westbrook team. let Westbrook shoot the team out.

doesn't matter how much he scores, you just have to stop the other guys. which is easier than trying to stop Westbrook. because those other guys suck.

bdreason
03-06-2015, 02:57 AM

I think the obvious question is whether shooting the ball 30+ times to get 40+ points should be considered a "good game". I mean, Ibaka was something like 12/19 and his jumper was looking wet... maybe he should have taken some of those 30+ shots?

Budadiiii
03-06-2015, 02:58 AM
Can't win with Westbrook as the guy. It's been proven time and time again.

Milbuck
03-06-2015, 02:59 AM
In those 9 games the average margin of loss is -2.7...and that's including a 17 point loss in his first game of the season. Take that out and it's an average margin of -0.75 in 8 games. Just a few plays in their favor and that record looks just as stellar as Harden's, Curry's, etc.

It's hard to close games when you're doing everything for your team nonstop, playing at 100% intensity at all times. Even tougher when you consider how comically dumb some of the players are on that team..Waiters especially..and how totally worthless the coaching is. The amount of pressure on him at all times is ridiculous. I'm not saying he hasn't had his fair share of **** ups but it's not fair to put it completely on Russ.

That being said....Durant needs to come back strong.

imdaman99
03-06-2015, 03:04 AM
It would help if his role players knew how to play their roles. Such as an offensively challenged Roberson could play defense, or Ibaka would grab a rebound. I am not gonna say Westbrook is blameless, he is the star so it falls on him but opposing defenses are being coached on how to stop them at the end and I have a hard time believing that Westbrook is being coached properly on what to do if this and this happens.

bigkingsfan
03-06-2015, 03:05 AM
How many of those games were without Durant

Fudge
03-06-2015, 03:08 AM
Just shows that Durant is clearly the MVP of the league and it isn't even close.

AirFederer
03-06-2015, 03:11 AM
Trust issues

Bless Mathews
03-06-2015, 03:18 AM
Durant is valuable as fucc.

Joyner82reload
03-06-2015, 03:20 AM
OKC has gone 34-10 the past 3 years when Durant scores 35+

Kevin, you da real MVP :applause:

Thunderfan86
03-06-2015, 03:20 AM
It would help if his role players knew how to play their roles. Such as an offensively challenged Roberson could play defense, or Ibaka would grab a rebound. I am not gonna say Westbrook is blameless, he is the star so it falls on him but opposing defenses are being coached on how to stop them at the end and I have a hard time believing that Westbrook is being coached properly on what to do if this and this happens.
Are you a Westbrook stan or something? I have yet to see anyone on ISH defend Westbrook as much as you do. Any time someone mentions something negative about him you get all (for the lack of better words) sensitive. Maybe it's just me though :confusedshrug:

Rose'sACL
03-06-2015, 03:21 AM
LeBron is 123-48 all-time when scoring 35+

Kobe is 146-87 all-time

MJ is 237-96 all-time

Karl Malone is 113-38 all-time

Larry Bird is 94-16 all-time

YouGotServed
Legit stat? Pretty eye opening. Dude is definition of cancer. Glad he isn't on my team.

Joyner82reload
LeBron is 123-48 all-time when scoring 35+

Kobe is 146-87 all-time

MJ is 237-96 all-time

Karl Malone is 113-38 all-time

Larry Bird is 94-16 all-time

:biggums:

tpols
03-06-2015, 03:24 AM
I think the obvious question is whether shooting the ball 30+ times to get 40+ points should be considered a "good game". I mean, Ibaka was something like 12/19 and his jumper was looking wet... maybe he should have taken some of those 30+ shots?
ibaka can't get shit but dump outs and putbacks.. How do you proppose him getting 25 shots? You'd have to force it in to him.. and he sucks at creating.. can only finish off others work.

Hate how people assume you can get a player a handful extra shots out of nothing just because he shoots a high percentage.. only reason he shoots that percentage is because of the easier attempts he shoots.. if you give him harder attempts his percentage will nose dive

navy
03-06-2015, 03:25 AM
ibaka can't get shit but dump outs and putbacks.. How do you proppose him getting 25 shots? You'd have to force it in to him.. and he sucks at creating.. can only finish off others work.

Hate how people assume you can get a player a handful extra shots out of nothing just because he shoots a high percentage.. only reason he shoots that percentage is because of the easier attempts he shoots.. i'd you give him harder attempts his percentage will nose dive

Westbrook on his final shot: "I should have passed it to Serge. That was a bad decision on my part. He was wide open."

Graviton
03-06-2015, 03:26 AM

Hate how people assume you can get a player a handful extra shots out of nothing just because he shoots a high percentage.. only reason he shoots that percentage is because of the easier attempts he shoots.. if you give him harder attempts his percentage will nose dive
Imagine if Clippers got Deandre Jordan 10 more shots, they wouldn't lose a game. :bowdown:

AirFederer
03-06-2015, 03:36 AM
http://i.minus.com/ibc25FkVACo0Uk.gif

Rose'sACL
03-06-2015, 04:27 AM
i bet it is because bird only used to do that when he was shooting really well. he was a really good decision maker so he wouldn't score 35+ unless it was to actually help the team win by scoring efficiently.

JerryWest
03-06-2015, 04:38 AM
Coming from a kobe fan, this niggah needs to stop hogging :wtf:

warriorfan
03-06-2015, 04:46 AM
Said it before and will say it again, Westshook is a stad padder who doesn't win...

Budadiiii
03-06-2015, 04:47 AM
Said it before and will say it again, Westshook is a stad padder who doesn't win...
Are you saying he needs Durant to win?

navy
03-06-2015, 04:49 AM
Do people realize how hard it to actually stat pad in games? Do you see him purposely missing shots to get boards? Avoiding layups to get assist?

What does Westbrook do that is stat padding?

Genaro
03-06-2015, 04:50 AM
Yeah let's blame the loss on the guy who did 43/8/7. He sure is the guilty.

ISH in a nutshell

navy
03-06-2015, 04:51 AM
Yeah let's blame the loss on the guy who did 43/8/7. He sure is the guilty.

ISH in a nutshell
To be fair, he put them in position to win, but also position to lose with some terrible fourth quarter play.

Budadiiii
03-06-2015, 04:53 AM
To be fair, he put them in position to win, but also position to lose with some terrible fourth quarter play.
Whereas with players like Durant, he puts you in a position to win AND comes through in the 4th to close the game out and secure the victory.

Durant is really the only player in the league who does that consistently.

navy
03-06-2015, 04:55 AM
Whereas with players like Durant, he puts you in a position to win AND comes through in the 4th to close the game out and secure the victory.

Durant is really the only player in the league who does that consistently.
Except in the playoffs. :no:

Genaro
03-06-2015, 04:58 AM
Where did he make a mistake? I just can think about the play where Ibaka was open and he didn't pass but I can't blame him for taking the shot when I always criticize Lebron and CP for not doing so.

Bulls closed the paint and Brooks had no answer to it. He couldn't even set a play to give WB in a good position on the last play. He made mistakes on rotations as well, bringing Roberson in the crunch WTF?
Brooks is a terrible coach and OKC only get away in close games because KD is the best scorer on the league, he can get his shot off anywhere and hit it. WB doesn't have a scoring talent that big to overcome the lack of plays.

navy
03-06-2015, 05:02 AM
Where did he make a mistake? I just can think about the play where Ibaka was open and he didn't pass but I can't blame him for taking the shot when I always criticize Lebron and CP for not doing so.

Bulls closed the paint and Brooks had no answer to it. He couldn't even set a play to give WB in a good position on the last play. He made mistakes on rotations as well, bringing Roberson in the crunch WTF?
Brooks is a terrible coach and OKC only get away in close games because KD is the best scorer on the league, he can get his shot off anywhere and hit it. WB doesn't have a scoring talent that big to overcome the lack of plays.
That's silly. Even Westbrook admitted he should have passed it instead of shooting that airball. Especially since Ibaka was hot all night. Clear mistake.

Westbrook was like 2-10 or 2-9 in the fourth quarter , a lot of them terrible shots. Dude had no intention of passing.

I cant put the blame on him completely though. He did the exact same thing in the third quarter to put them up by 10. Plus the Bulls were lights out in the fourth. Even though im not sure what he was thinking trying to double gasol in that situation that led to the Moore three. Might have been coaching.

Waiters and Robertson are scrubs that should not have played. You'll get no arguments from me about that coaching decision.

warriorfan
03-06-2015, 05:04 AM
Are you saying he needs Durant to win?

you already know what it is homie!

warriorfan
03-06-2015, 05:05 AM
Do people realize how hard it to actually stat pad in games? Do you see him purposely missing shots to get boards? Avoiding layups to get assist?

What does Westbrook do that is stat padding?

Gets crazy stats while not effectively getting his team involved while failing to boost his TEAM's offense.

Do I really have to explain this? :facepalm

navy
03-06-2015, 05:09 AM
Gets crazy stats while not effectively getting his team involved while failing to boost his TEAM's offense.

Do I really have to explain this? :facepalm

That's not statpadding. Westbrook would be doing his team a great disservice if he wasnt getting crazy stats. Like I said the only thing that was bad was his chucking in the fourth with shows up bad when you see his low shooting percentages. im not sure how you consider that stat padding. It's just general chucking.

knicksman
03-06-2015, 05:19 AM
comparing westbrook and durant is like comparing 2nd 3peat jordan to 32/8/8 jordan. 32/8/8 jordan has the stats but was considered a cancer. And thats really the problem with OKC. Its not about teammates when they have proven they are the best in the league last season without westbrook.

buddha
03-06-2015, 05:40 AM
Spoelstra and the Heat have shown the formula to beat a Westbrook team. let Westbrook shoot the team out.

doesn't matter how much he scores, you just have to stop the other guys. which is easier than trying to stop Westbrook. because those other guys suck.

the Heat won because Shane Battier turned into Kyle Korver.

and James Harden turned into Dion Waiters.

Rose'sACL
03-06-2015, 06:12 AM
the Heat won because Shane Battier turned into Kyle Korver.

and James Harden turned into Dion Waiters.
So it didn't have to do with lebron playing almost all the time in paint creating open shots for his shooters?
Also, harden was okc's best playmaker and heat took that away.

I<3NBA
03-06-2015, 12:01 PM
sounds like Lebron

SOD 21
03-06-2015, 12:41 PM
I love watching Russell Westbrook play with his athleticism, competitiveness and the way that he can dominate so many different parts of a game while he's out there.

With that said, he does struggle sometimes with tunnel vision, especially in late game situations that causes his team to lose leads late in games because he tries to do too much by himself and doesn't always trust his teammates. That play with about 10 seconds left at Chicago last night is a perfect example when he was double teamed and had a wide open and very good shooter in Ibaka uncovered for a 17 footer, and didn't get him the ball.

Oklahoma City likely would have won at least two of their last three road games against Chicago, Portland and/or Phoenix with better decision-making. It is a shame because he is playing out of this world other than a late game execution, which is one of the most important things.

Westbrook needs to learn to maintain that aggressiveness and combine it with more consistent decision-making. If he does that, he could be the best player in the league.

24-Inch_Chrome
03-06-2015, 01:28 PM
I just read that Westbrook leads the league in % of teammates FGs assisted on, he also made 64 passes in last night's game (second only to Noah's 70). He can't escape blame, he should have passed last night on that last airball, but his team deserves quite a bit of blame for failing to pull their weight.

Ibaka and Augustin were the only Thunder players apart from Westbrook who weren't complete shit offensively last night as far as production. Dion Waiters was his usual cancerous self, Kanter was bad, no one outside of the aforementioned 3 managed double digit point totals. Westbrook does have to work on his shot selection and decision making, particularly in the 4th, but his teammates have to pick up their game.

Scott Brooks needs to be fired, iso after iso just encourages Westbrook to take more bad shots and to include his teammates less, which becomes significant late in the game.

Rose'sACL
03-06-2015, 01:50 PM
I just read that Westbrook leads the league in % of teammates FGs assisted on, he also made 64 passes in last night's game (second only to Noah's 70). He can't escape blame, he should have passed last night on that last airball, but his team deserves quite a bit of blame for failing to pull their weight.

Ibaka and Augustin were the only Thunder players apart from Westbrook who weren't complete shit offensively last night as far as production. Dion Waiters was his usual cancerous self, Kanter was bad, no one outside of the aforementioned 3 managed double digit point totals. Westbrook does have to work on his shot selection and decision making, particularly in the 4th, but his teammates have to pick up their game.

Scott Brooks needs to be fired, iso after iso just encourages Westbrook to take more bad shots and to include his teammates less, which becomes significant late in the game.
both durant and westbrook like scott brooks for the exact reason you want him fired. this applies even more for westbrook. westbrook has that kobe mentality. no coach other than really respected ones like phil, Pop and may be thibs can get his respect to tell him to change in any way.

hitmanyr2k
03-06-2015, 01:51 PM
Westbrook is 2003 Kobe all over again. When Shaq was out the first 13-15 games Kobe had high volume shooting, high scoring games but the Lakers ultimately ended with a losing record until Shaq came back to right the ship. With Durant out I see Westbrook the same way. He's a gunner. He's going to shoot a lot and get his golly-gee-whiz stats but it may not translate into wins. He's much like young Kobe in that he's a very talented player and wants to show it so much it makes him very stupid at times, especially when it comes to playing hero ball.

keep-itreal
03-06-2015, 01:53 PM
GOATBROOK :rockon:

ninephive
03-06-2015, 02:50 PM
Can't win with Westbrook as the guy. It's been proven time and time again.
:applause:

ArbitraryWater
03-06-2015, 02:59 PM
Well Kobe in 2013 was just chucking with no regard for team play, Howard, or Gasol.. detrimental to the team.

But Westbrook needs to take over the offense, the problem is he runs out of gas in the 4th and has had some tough, close losses... thats it. All big scoring games against Suns/Blazers/Bulls, also, he goes away from his teammates, like that shot last night, where Ibaka was open on the right side. He needs to play a more unselfish game when it goes down to the wire.

Westbrook is 2003 Kobe all over again. When Shaq was out the first 13-15 games Kobe had high volume shooting, high scoring games but the Lakers ultimately ended with a losing record until Shaq came back to right the ship. With Durant out I see Westbrook the same way. He's a gunner. He's going to shoot a lot and get his golly-gee-whiz stats but it may not translate into wins. He's much like young Kobe in that he's a very talented player and wants to show it so much it makes him very stupid at times, especially when it comes to playing hero ball.

Not a fair comparison IMO, Shaq missed the first 12 games of the season, the Lakers went 3-9, but Kobe struggled... This wasn't the Kobe that beasted later on, who surely would have gotten a winning record out of that stretch, the way his game evolved.

On the other side, the Westbrook right now without KD is peak Westbrook (so far, doubt we will ever see much noticeable ups), his best version.

Heavincent
03-06-2015, 03:18 PM
Well Kobe in 2013 was just chucking with no regard for team play, Howard, or Gasol.. detrimental to the team.

No, the only reason they made the playoffs was because of Kobe's onslaught in the second half of the season. Don't be an idiot.

ArbitraryWater
03-06-2015, 03:24 PM
No, the only reason they made the playoffs was because of Kobe's onslaught in the second half of the season. Don't be an idiot.

nah, the only reason was the refs rigging the entire 2nd half of the season for them.. that shit was disgusting. Couldn't watch their games.

Kobe had some beast all-around 40 point games, though.

tpols
03-06-2015, 03:25 PM

He can't help it...

Heavincent
03-06-2015, 03:28 PM
nah, the only reason was the refs rigging the entire 2nd half of the season for them.. that shit was disgusting. Couldn't watch their games.

Kobe had some beast all-around 40 point games, though.

It's hard to take your opinion seriously then...you know, cause you didn't watch the games.

Milbuck
03-06-2015, 03:50 PM
It's hard to take your opinion seriously then...you know, cause you didn't watch the games.
I don't know, he might be right. Kobe put up 29/6/7 on 58% TS over the last 2 months of the season (not including the Indy game where he got hurt and played only the 1st Q) to lead the Lakers to a 20-9 record in that span (57 win pace), carrying them into the playoffs....and then with Kobe down with the achilles injury, the Lakers get swept in the first round by an average margin of 19 points a game. I think he might be on to something, it sure sounds like Cancerbe to me.

ArbitraryWater
03-06-2015, 03:53 PM
Those whistles on his jumpshots :facepalm

God that was horrible.. Prolly woulda shot 43% again without 'em.

imdaman99
03-06-2015, 04:04 PM
Are you a Westbrook stan or something? I have yet to see anyone on ISH defend Westbrook as much as you do. Any time someone mentions something negative about him you get all (for the lack of better words) sensitive. Maybe it's just me though :confusedshrug:
Westbrook's my favorite player in the league by far :lol

Why do you hate him so much? For the 3-4 negative things he does, he does 50 positives.

r0drig0lac
03-06-2015, 04:44 PM
incredible

24-Inch_Chrome
03-06-2015, 05:11 PM
both durant and westbrook like scott brooks for the exact reason you want him fired. this applies even more for westbrook. westbrook has that kobe mentality. no coach other than really respected ones like phil, Pop and may be thibs can get his respect to tell him to change in any way.

Westbrook does not have Kobe mentality, the numbers I cited should prove that. Westbrook has posted an AST% above 38 in 4 of his 6 seasons, Kobe has topped 30 once in 19 years. He's a much more willing passer in general, the issue is the iso-centric scheme in which he plays (he does need to improve in the 4th quarter, I'll concede that, as far as limiting the bad shots and trusting his team).

It's true that part of that disparity comes from Westbrook playing the 1 and Kobe playing the 2 but his AST% numbers are good relative to other point guards as well. Does he need to stop taking bad shots? Yes, his shot selection could be improved. Is that entirely his fault? No. If he had a coach who could harness him in any way (Brooks does nothing, just lets him play however he wants to) and teammates who could consistently step up (speaking to his current situation) he'd be a much more efficient player. It's true that part of the fault does still lie with him, particularly in the 4th quarter when he's starting to get worn out, but it's part of a much bigger problem.

smoovegittar
03-06-2015, 05:17 PM
A head case with talent. What else is new?

andremiller07
03-06-2015, 06:23 PM
Can't blame him on that last shot the Thunder have a bunch of the softest most unclutch players in the NBA in Enes/Ibaka/Waiters and whoever else is on that squad.

Thunderfan86
03-06-2015, 06:37 PM

Why do you hate him so much? For the 3-4 negative things he does, he does 50 positives.
I don't hate him. I just think he makes dumb ass decisions sometimes. Some of you guys are quick to excuse him of his actions. Bad coaching or not, Westbrook has to be smart enough to play winning basketball down the stretch, not turn into a chucking maniac.

KirbyPls
03-06-2015, 06:39 PM
A head case with talent. What else is new?

:lol

knicksman
03-06-2015, 06:54 PM
westbrook is the type of employee who works hard just so he can be excused for his selfishness. But selfish are always cancers to an organization.

knicksman
03-06-2015, 06:57 PM

He made his team worse last season yet hes a positive?

knicksman
03-06-2015, 06:58 PM
Its obvious that westbrook is insecure of durant and its really time to separate these 2. This is just shaq/kobe 2 and theyre not going to win anything with these duo.