PDA

View Full Version : Karl-Anthony and Cauley-Stein: Kentucky

UK2K
03-06-2015, 06:01 PM
This isn't draft related, this is scouting related. Kinda. Anyway... Excellent piece. Well worth the read if you are a team in the lotto who may try to move up.

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/karl-anthony-and-cauley-stein-kentuckys-two-headed-monster-is-the-future-of-the-nba/

Karl Towns:

[B]For one thing, stretch those stats out across 40 minutes:

Okafor: 23.1 ppg, 12.2 rpg, 1.8 bpg
Towns: 18.8 ppg, 12.8 rpg, 4.4 bpg
It

Joyner82reload
03-06-2015, 06:02 PM
Karl-Anthony doesn't work in the NBA, we've already seen that fail year after year

Cocaine80s
03-06-2015, 06:03 PM
Tldr:

Okafor goes #1

UK2K
03-06-2015, 06:10 PM
Karl-Anthony doesn't work in the NBA, we've already seen that fail year after year
Aldridge is a failure?

That's who Towns is.

Human Error
03-06-2015, 06:17 PM
LOL, I think none of Phil Jackson-Anthony, Riley-Anthony, Pop-Anthony would have worked either.

SugarHill
03-06-2015, 06:44 PM
LOL, I think none of Phil Jackson-Anthony, Riley-Anthony, Pop-Anthony would have worked either.
:oldlol:

GOBB
03-06-2015, 06:56 PM
Definitely a good article.

Rob123
03-06-2015, 07:13 PM
That article is retarded, rim protector is all of a sudden a buzz word? Did that guy just start watching basketball???

Having a rim protector is what propelled most teams to championships over the history of the NBA. It's not some new invention what is this guy smoking?

el gringos
03-06-2015, 07:14 PM
They will both be better NBA players than okafor

ralph_i_el
03-06-2015, 07:40 PM
Aldridge is a failure?

That's who Towns is.
:wtf: nope

AI09
03-06-2015, 08:15 PM
What would your top 5 look like this draft?

Okafor Towns Russell Mudaiy Johnson is my top 5 in no particular order since we don't know who picks where yet.

Pushxx
03-06-2015, 08:45 PM
Both of them are salivating at their draft stock rising because of this article.

UK2K
03-06-2015, 08:57 PM
Both of them are salivating at their draft stock rising because of this article.

They're both projected top 7 picks and their team is 30-0. I doubt this article has much influence of their draft stock.

UK2K
03-07-2015, 04:53 PM
Kentucky gonna finish the regular season 31-0.

With three minutes left...

WCS
8 pts, 7 rebs, 2 asts, 2 stls

KAT
11 pts, 9 rebs, 6 blks, 3 asts

Each player only had one turnover a piece.

I'm telling you, these guys are the truth.

IGOTGAME
03-07-2015, 04:54 PM
:wtf: nope

this. :wtf:

tomtucker
03-07-2015, 05:09 PM
Cauley-Stein.........
http://ksr.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/jewish_wcs.jpg

Silver can

truhooper
03-07-2015, 05:36 PM
WCS is ass

Kingwillball
03-07-2015, 07:13 PM
Towns is the next Tim Duncan.. He has the tools to play the 4 and 5 spots can pass rebound block shots score in post and away from basket. He has more upside than okafur and will be the better pro down the line.

UK2K
03-07-2015, 07:25 PM
Towns is the next Tim Duncan.. He has the tools to play the 4 and 5 spots can pass rebound block shots score in post and away from basket. He has more upside than okafur and will be the better pro down the line.
I see the same thing.

He will have a long, long career playing just like Duncan plays.

IGOTGAME
03-07-2015, 07:54 PM
I see the same thing.

He will have a long, long career playing just like Duncan plays.

he does not have Tim Duncan's tools. lets not get silly.

I don't think you can really judge Towns because he is such a friendly environment and is never really pushed like other players due to his overall team strength. Im gonna wait until his rookie year, something i usually dont do...but this Kentucky team is an odd duck

GOBB
03-07-2015, 07:57 PM
Tim Duncan is a bit much.

buddha
03-07-2015, 08:05 PM
Tim Duncan is a bit much.

no it's not, Tim Duncan wasn't a superstar his freshman year of College.

Towns isn't going to come into the league and be the 22/12 guy that Tim Duncan was right away and that's because Duncan stayed in College a few years and worked on his game. Give Towns a year or two in the league and he will be 22 and 12 player.

Towns is so much better than that bum Okafor it isn't even funny. Okafor is the next Al Jefferson, no defense just post moves, not winning basketball. I feel sorry for whoever gets him.

GOBB
03-07-2015, 08:23 PM
no it's not, Tim Duncan wasn't a superstar his freshman year of College.

Towns isn't going to come into the league and be the 22/12 guy that Tim Duncan was right away and that's because Duncan stayed in College a few years and worked on his game. Give Towns a year or two in the league and he will be 22 and 12 player.

Towns is so much better than that bum Okafor it isn't even funny. Okafor is the next Al Jefferson, no defense just post moves, not winning basketball. I feel sorry for whoever gets him.

Yes it is.

UK2K
03-07-2015, 08:37 PM
Yes it is.
He plays like Duncan/Aldridge. He may never have the career of Duncan but there's no reason he can't average 18 and 9 his rookie season.

GOBB
03-07-2015, 08:59 PM
He plays like Duncan/Aldridge. He may never have the career of Duncan but there's no reason he can't average 18 and 9 his rookie season.

I just think Duncan as a freshman was more smooth, fluid and better defensive awareness.

I'm actually high on Towns as I've kind of took on your arguments for him. Crazy potential, you may disagree but I think he is a boom or bust guy. I expect him to boom however. Sixers land a top 2 pick and he is there at 1 or 2? I hope they take him. Despite needing a future guard badly. Embiid-Towns duo is scary potential wise. Aldridge not a bad comparison. Someone said if Towns wasn't a star as some project he could end up a Rasheed Wallace. Which isn't bad either.

I like Towns tho. Today he just snuffed out shots left and right. Even tho 2 could be argued goaltends. For a guy without that elite athleticism he is good at anticipating and his length showed today. 18-9 as a rookie tho? I dont know man. He has room for improvement. Watching him on offense he could use a full season to work on, refine areas of his game. I'd be shocked if he avg that rookie season. Second season sure. Rookie? Eh, dunno brother.

But you got me on board with Towns over Okafor train. :cheers:

chips93
03-07-2015, 09:58 PM
can towns shoot it like aldridge?

Kingwillball
03-07-2015, 11:27 PM

He has very good range I saw him in hs knock down 5 threes in one game. On next level he will have a nice mix of inside out offense. I said Duncan demeanor plus skill wise. Obviously Duncan career wise is a tall task with achievements but towns has a lot of skills.

UK2K
03-08-2015, 12:36 AM
He pulled from the volleyball line regularly in high school

UK2K
03-08-2015, 01:19 AM
I just think Duncan as a freshman was more smooth, fluid and better defensive awareness.

I'm actually high on Towns as I've kind of took on your arguments for him. Crazy potential, you may disagree but I think he is a boom or bust guy. I expect him to boom however. Sixers land a top 2 pick and he is there at 1 or 2? I hope they take him. Despite needing a future guard badly. Embiid-Towns duo is scary potential wise. Aldridge not a bad comparison. Someone said if Towns wasn't a star as some project he could end up a Rasheed Wallace. Which isn't bad either.

I like Towns tho. Today he just snuffed out shots left and right. Even tho 2 could be argued goaltends. For a guy without that elite athleticism he is good at anticipating and his length showed today. 18-9 as a rookie tho? I dont know man. He has room for improvement. Watching him on offense he could use a full season to work on, refine areas of his game. I'd be shocked if he avg that rookie season. Second season sure. Rookie? Eh, dunno brother.

But you got me on board with Towns over Okafor train. :cheers:
I would like to see Nerlens and KAT, with a young ball distributing point guard, a scoring 2, and a 3 and D 3.

Average age around 22 or so... You'll have championships for years.

UK2K
03-08-2015, 02:22 AM
Phil Jackson and the New York Knicks' front office have traveled to scout several practices of the Kentucky basketball team.

The Knicks are expected to pick between No. 1 and No. 5 in the NBA Draft and could consider Karl-Anthony Towns or Willie Cauley-Stein.