PDA

View Full Version : Reggie Jackson is off to a great start in Detroit

Heavincent
03-07-2015, 04:17 AM
16/7/5 on 35% shooting, with a 1-5 record :applause:

Good decision to turn down that 4 year $48 million deal.

JerrySeinfeld
03-07-2015, 04:22 AM
I don't get it man, you have a chance at making 12M a year as the 6th man on a perennial contender and you pass it up for going down as a nobody for some shit team, all so you can make a little more cash? Also is he even guaranteed the starting spot over Jennings once Jennings gets back?

I guess fans see things differently. It's easy for us to say we'd be happy with 12M a year, since we aren't constantly surrounded by agents, desperate family members, friends, and the whole business side of it.

keep-itreal
03-07-2015, 04:22 AM
:roll:

bdreason
03-07-2015, 04:33 AM
PG is the deepest position in the league, and Jackson isn't even top 15... which makes him below average. He isn't worth 10m per year, let alone 12m per.

Ratnik
03-07-2015, 04:50 AM
Free my nikka Shmurda!

ImKobe
03-07-2015, 04:51 AM
It was all good just a week agooo

retaxis
03-07-2015, 11:13 AM
16/7/5 on 35% shooting, with a 1-5 record :applause:

Good decision to turn down that 4 year $48 million deal.
That sounds like bullcrap. How much are they going to have left after paying Ibaka/Durant/Westbrook. i doubt they have 48million for Reggie and pay Adams/Waiters/Morrow/Jones etc league minimum. Adams wants a big time contract and so does waiters and thats not mentioning the other young players too.

Marchesk
03-07-2015, 11:19 AM
That sounds like bullcrap. How much are they going to have left after paying Ibaka/Durant/Westbrook. i doubt they have 48million for Reggie and pay Adams/Waiters/Morrow/Jones etc league minimum. Adams wants a big time contract and so does waiters and thats not mentioning the other young players too.

Why should Waiters get a big time contract? Dude is a role player.

dontgetchoked
03-07-2015, 11:38 AM
i cant figure out why on earth detroit would trade for this ugly ass dude. DJ augustine was playing great for them, and he is a better player than reggie jackson and way cheaper. Dj has proven that he can be a starter (and leading scorer) on a playoff team. Jackson has proven that he can chuck like a mother****er

Fudge
03-07-2015, 01:42 PM
:oldlol:

Hilarious.

OKC front office works their magic once again. :bowdown:

JerrySeinfeld
03-07-2015, 01:43 PM
:oldlol:

Hilarious.

OKC front office works their magic once again. :bowdown:

Yeah, kind of, but it was mostly due to luck that Reggie didn't want to stay there. Their GM said before the year that trading Reggie wasn't something he was going to consider and full on committed to him but Reggie just wasn't having it.

Real14
03-07-2015, 01:46 PM
Reggie dumb for going there especially since they already got fake Iverson jennings:hammerhead:

ralph_i_el
03-07-2015, 01:48 PM
Reggie dumb for going there especially since they already got fake Iverson jennings:hammerhead:
Jennings won't be there for long. They tried to flip him at the deadline.

Just like you shouldn't be here for long because of this: http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?p=10349828#post10349828

Real14
03-07-2015, 02:15 PM
Jennings won't be there for long. They tried to flip him at the deadline.

Just like you shouldn't be here for long because of this: http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?p=10349828#post10349828

Salt ville:oldlol:

AI09
03-07-2015, 02:30 PM
Isaiah Thomas is better than Reggie Jackson and he signed for 4 years 27 million. He's making 7.2mill this season 6.8mill next year 6.6mill in the third and 6.3mill in his final year.

Eric Cartman
03-07-2015, 02:41 PM
Horrible trade and will only get worse when they give him an undeserved huge deal.

So many good point guards in the league and you end up with that guy? Hell he's not even that much better than, say, Jeremy Lin, if at all.

Rake2204
03-07-2015, 02:43 PM
i cant figure out why on earth detroit would trade for this ugly ass dude. DJ augustine was playing great for them, and he is a better player than reggie jackson and way cheaper. Dj has proven that he can be a starter (and leading scorer) on a playoff team. Jackson has proven that he can chuck like a mother****erI knew very little of Jackson before he arrived in Detroit so it's tough for me to comment on that front. He's shown signs of something neat since the trade but nothing particularly stellar.

To be honest, the biggest issue hasn't been that he can't shoot (though I've seen his 3pt. numbers and they're not great). Rather, the most obvious problem I've seen is the lack of a discernible groove. That is, he seems to often be dive-bombing the rim at the wrong time, pulling up off the dribble in awkward moments... like he's a guy who's really, really over-thinking the game at times. That awful Knicks performance (something like 5-23) wasn't him just bricking shots - he was blocked seven times, a few just by trying hard to make anything happen.

To this point, Stan Van Gundy says this is not a rental situation, so we'll see. He already seems committed to Jackson long-term, but I guess that's also the type of thing a coach would say in the midst of a player's slump at this time of year.