PDA

View Full Version : Who's more intelligent: Charles Barkley or Shaquille O'Neal?

hawkfan
03-07-2015, 01:58 PM
Discuss.

Real14
03-07-2015, 02:00 PM
Shaq.

ClipperRevival
Barkley is a blithering idiot. That is all.

J Shuttlesworth
Barkley seems fairly smart when it comes to social issues. He knows his game too, but has his bias.

Shaq is just retarded

Thunderfan86
Shaq

SugarHill
03-07-2015, 02:05 PM
Barkley seems fairly smart when it comes to social issues. He knows his game too, but has his bias.

Shaq is just retarded
There's no way you can think Shaq is retarded and Chuck somehow fairly smart. Either they're both retarded or both fairly smart. There is no noticeable gap. I think Shaq's voice, way of speaking and constant joker personality has people thinking he's dumber than he really is.

J Shuttlesworth
03-07-2015, 02:07 PM
There's no way you can think Shaq is retarded and Chuck somehow fairly smart. Either they're both retarded or both fairly smart. There is no noticeable gap. I think Shaq's voice, way of speaking and constant joker personality has people thinking he's dumber than he really is.
I like Chucks' opinions on social issues a lot of the time. I just think he plays kind of an idiot on Inside the NBA for entertainment purposes. I could be wrong. I think Shaq does the same thing, but you're right. Even when he is saying something intelligent, Shaq's voice makes him sound retarded

TaLvsCuaL
03-07-2015, 02:11 PM
the whitest one I got u xD

ISHGoat
03-07-2015, 02:52 PM
theyre both monkeys

Real14
03-07-2015, 02:53 PM
theyre both monkeys
Reported for being racist.

Eric Cartman
03-07-2015, 02:55 PM
Chuck.

Eric Cartman
03-07-2015, 02:56 PM
Reported for being racist.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-q8n8k-_6s2Q/TlD9MMsoF9I/AAAAAAAAB0A/vU_r7aIkE14/s400/white+monkey003.jpg

MavsSuperFan
03-07-2015, 03:44 PM
chuck imo is the smarter of the 2. neither are rhodes scholars but chuck comes off as the less biased and smarter of the two

Uncle Drew
03-07-2015, 03:45 PM
They're both more intelligent than OP, that's for sure.

MP.Trey
03-07-2015, 03:47 PM
They're both more intelligent than OP, that's for sure.
http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/kevin-garnett-reaction.gif

AirBourne92
03-07-2015, 04:21 PM
Barkley seems fairly smart when it comes to social issues.

rotfl

i bet you aren't ethnic

KNOW1EDGE
03-07-2015, 04:26 PM
I would say Charles Barkley is smarter than Shaq.

KNOW1EDGE
03-07-2015, 04:26 PM
rotfl

i bet you aren't ethnic

Why you gotta bring up race? U racist...

AirBourne92
03-07-2015, 04:30 PM
Why you gotta bring up race? U racist...

cause it's true

charles barkley is either oblivious to social issues or just naive

mehyaM24
03-07-2015, 04:32 PM
shaq is my favorite player, but charles is flat-out smarter. he may repeat himself a ton, but his view on world & social issues destroy shaq's.
listen to his interviews on the dan patrick show. he can analyze the game better, as well.

KNOW1EDGE
03-07-2015, 04:34 PM
cause it's true

charles barkley is either oblivious to social issues or just naive

Or he's just objective and doesn't buy into race baiters like yourself....

Real14
03-07-2015, 04:34 PM
chuck imo is the smarter of the 2. neither are rhodes scholars but chuck comes off as the less biased and smarter of the two

http://terezowens-com-uploads.s3.amazonaws.com/2014/03/BiVNJYqIAAAxpS6.jpg-large-500x281.jpeg

KNOW1EDGE
03-07-2015, 04:38 PM
Pretty much every black person who is obsessed with race doesn't like Chuck.

Everybody, of all colors, who is intelligent and objective appreciates Chuck

Foster5k
03-07-2015, 04:40 PM
On the panel, you have Shaq, Kenny, Ernie, and Barkley.

During an IQ test, I could see it going something like this:

Question 1. What is the next shape in the pattern?

Barkley: "What!!?? This shape is weird. Who makes shapes like that? This test is stupid. IQ test are stupid. I'm smart!"

Barkley scores low on the IQ test.

Kenny: "Well, if you really, really, look at this shape, you could see it kind of looks like a triangle. It reminds me of Phil Jackson's offense. The triangle offense. Hmm, so if I place Kobe here, instead of there, the shape would look like a square. The next shape is a square! HAHAHAHA! I'm smarter than you Chuck!

Kenny scores decent on the IQ test.

Shaq: "The first shape is a triangle. Okay. I'm just going to flip it and rip it and BAM! BUCKETS! The next shape is a square. I'm smarter than both Chuck and Kenny. No surprise there folks.

Shaq scores fairly well on the IQ test.

Ernie: "Um, the next shape has to be a square guys."

Ernie scores better than Shaq on the IQ test.

Conclusion:

Ernie is the smartest of the bunch. Shaq is the second smartest, and Kenny is smarter than Charles Barkley.

Akrazotile
03-07-2015, 04:40 PM
Barkley may mix up big words or not realize obvious things sometimes, some of which he likely exaggerates for comedic effect on Inside, but he actually has ideas and opinions he can articulate effectively. He's definitely not dumb.

Shaq on the other hand, seems to have pretty good business sense, maybe hes not the most insightful analytical mind, but he knows how to use his strengths to be successful.

They have different strengths, I wouldnt call either of them dumb. Who's more intelligent? I dunno. Probably Kenny.

AirFederer
03-07-2015, 04:43 PM
N/A

Real14
03-07-2015, 04:43 PM

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/bJd1RktjYTU/hqdefault.jpg

KNOW1EDGE
03-07-2015, 04:45 PM
http://hiphopabc.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/Screen-Shot-2013-12-17-at-11.57.29-PM-300x210.png?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=14222416174 46

Truth hurts, you racist

Real14
03-07-2015, 04:45 PM
Truth hurts, you racist
How??:roll:

MavsSuperFan
03-07-2015, 04:57 PM
On the panel, you have Shaq, Kenny, Ernie, and Barkley.

During an IQ test, I could see it going something like this:

Question 1. What is the next shape in the pattern?

Barkley: "What!!?? This shape is weird. Who makes shapes like that? This test is stupid. IQ test are stupid. I'm smart!"

Barkley scores low on the IQ test.

Kenny: "Well, if you really, really, look at this shape, you could see it kind of looks like a triangle. It reminds me of Phil Jackson's offense. The triangle offense. Hmm, so if I place Kobe here, instead of there, the shape would look like a square. The next shape is a square! HAHAHAHA! I'm smarter than you Chuck!

Kenny scores decent on the IQ test.

Shaq: "The first shape is a triangle. Okay. I'm just going to flip it and rip it and BAM! BUCKETS! The next shape is a square. I'm smarter than both Chuck and Kenny. No surprise there folks.

Shaq scores fairly well on the IQ test.

Ernie: "Um, the next shape has to be a square guys."

Ernie scores better than Shaq on the IQ test.

Conclusion:

Ernie is the smartest of the bunch. Shaq is the second smartest, and Kenny is smarter than Charles Barkley.

In what universe is shaq smarter than kenny:biggums:

AirBourne92
03-07-2015, 05:04 PM
Or he's just objective and doesn't buy into race baiters like yourself....

nah, he's just naive to intricate social problems

fact

get over it

AirBourne92
03-07-2015, 05:05 PM

and for the record, im not black

get over it.

T_L_P
03-07-2015, 06:43 PM

Shaq actually sounds a lot smarter than Chuck, tbh.

Chuck starts every sentence with, "Let me tell you something" or "I tell people this all the time." And he can barely string a cohesive sentence together.

JimmyMcAdocious
03-07-2015, 07:21 PM
Chuck comes across as more intelligent to me. He just has more trouble articulating what he wants to say. ...Which obviously goes with intelligence. Except the content of what Shaq has to say normally sounds like a bumbling moron to me. Chuck is justing bumbling.

AussieG
03-07-2015, 09:04 PM
Cripple fight.

Prime_Shaq
03-08-2015, 12:00 AM
I like Chucks' opinions on social issues a lot of the time. I just think he plays kind of an idiot on Inside the NBA for entertainment purposes. I could be wrong. I think Shaq does the same thing, but you're right. Even when he is saying something intelligent, Shaq's voice makes him sound retarded
True :lol

gilalizard
03-08-2015, 02:12 AM
Chuck has decent smarts, but he's mentally lazy.

Shaq is just a little bit below average intelligence. He's just a little bit dumb, but not grossly stupid.

RoundMoundOfReb
03-08-2015, 02:15 AM

Yup. Although, I wouldn't say it's just black people who are obsessed with race.

ImKobe
03-08-2015, 03:04 AM
Shaq is a much smarter guy in terms of building his career post-basketball and not saying stupid shit on TV that gets him into trouble.

Also, Barkley is a certified c00n.

TonyMontana
03-08-2015, 03:09 AM
Shaq probably has the lowest IQ of any sports "analyst" not just in basketball, but any sport. He is on TNT entirely for comic relief.

Charles Barkley is actually pretty smart. He gives literally zero ****s about what "the consensus" is and says what he sees. He actually gives HIS opinion. not parroted crap. If it wasn't for Charles Barkley TNT NBA coverage wouldn't be close to what it is..

Sarcastic
03-08-2015, 03:12 AM
It's a trick question. Both are morons.

Prometheus
03-08-2015, 03:31 AM
Kenny Smith.

DCL
03-08-2015, 03:33 AM
chuck is smarter, but he might sound like he's talking out of his ass sometimes because he's lazy and doesn't prepare for the show. his value is entertainment.

shaq.. don't know what his value is. maybe just a name. but i hardly find him entertaining. and he can barely finish a sentence.

they're not there to drop serious knowledge.

ILLsmak
03-08-2015, 05:26 AM
Shaq probably has the lowest IQ of any sports "analyst" not just in basketball, but any sport. He is on TNT entirely for comic relief.

Charles Barkley is actually pretty smart. He gives literally zero ****s about what "the consensus" is and says what he sees. He actually gives HIS opinion. not parroted crap. If it wasn't for Charles Barkley TNT NBA coverage wouldn't be close to what it is..

I feel like Shaq had some kind of brain injury. haha. He became much more stupid as he got older. Like post Miami, dude was dumb as shit. Like seemingly retard-level. And I dunno if he's acting or not.

Barkley isn't really that smart, either. As they said, they both are dumb. I don't buy that Charles is actually smart, as some people are saying. He's certainly opinionated, but dude is a good ol boy. I have a feeling if they tested general knowledge, Shaq might win. But Charles is good at speaking his mind and seems to have more wit at this point.

-Smak

warriorfan
03-08-2015, 05:29 AM
Shaq is a much smarter guy in terms of building his career post-basketball and not saying stupid shit on TV that gets him into trouble.

:roll: :roll: :roll:

JtotheIzzo
03-08-2015, 06:11 AM
Chuck plays the role of buffoon and it has brought him stardom, but it has reflected poorly on his legacy and hides the fact he is quite thoughtful.

Chuck by a country mile.

I<3NBA
03-08-2015, 09:31 AM
humor and wit is the mark of intelligence. Chuck wins this one. on TV Chuck plays the idiot and says outrageous stuff because that drives the ratings. but when you listen to him joke and give out witty remarks, you'll see he's actually smart.

SugarHill
03-08-2015, 10:24 AM
How smart can a man who thought the Congo was in Europe really be?

lilteapot
03-08-2015, 10:27 AM
Charles is smarter. He says foolish things and tends to go off on tangents but he really is quite knowledgeable about the game of basketball, as a HOFer and MVP tends to be.

Eric Cartman
03-08-2015, 11:20 AM
How smart can a man who thought the Congo was in Europe really be?

How funny would the skit been if he had put Congo in Africa? :rolleyes:

dunksby
03-08-2015, 11:26 AM
I just know, Shaq is the most entertaining and less annoying of the two, Shaq has a defined and charismatic personality.

SugarHill
03-08-2015, 11:31 AM
How funny would the skit been if he had put Congo in Africa? :rolleyes:
:coleman:

I think he really thought Argentina was in Asia

tomtucker
03-08-2015, 02:32 PM

:oldlol: :roll: