PDA

View Full Version : Why is America not stopping Islamic State?

pinhead
03-07-2015, 05:17 PM
Jackasses. Cowards.

You are always telling the World how great and powerful you are so why are you letting a bunch of savages get away with beheading your citizens?

COWARDS

KingBeasley08
03-07-2015, 05:27 PM
reported

pinhead
03-07-2015, 05:32 PM
reported

Answer the question.

KingBeasley08
03-07-2015, 05:36 PM
What do you think America should do? I know you're a troll but humor me

iamgine
03-07-2015, 05:39 PM
:lol OP tryin to get reaction. ITT I think he will.

CasterL
03-07-2015, 05:40 PM
I assume you mean the reluctance to put troops on the ground? Well because it's a very complicated situation. And the lack of infantry on the ground doesn't mean the western world isn't trying to do something. They are just reticent to do so after the last two disasters, one of which has heavily contributed to the rise of ISIS. The shockwaves of another ground campaign in the middle east are hard to predict, given the myriad factors at play.

pinhead
03-07-2015, 05:42 PM
What do you think America should do? I know you're a troll but humor me

I am not a troll. I am just a controversial poster who says it like it is. I don't want, or need, to be in any clique. I am my own man.

TheSilentKiller
03-07-2015, 05:52 PM
I assume you mean the reluctance to put troops on the ground? Well because it's a very complicated situation. And the lack of infantry on the ground doesn't mean the western world isn't trying to do something. They are just reticent to do so after the last two disasters, one of which has heavily contributed to the rise of ISIS. The shockwaves of another ground campaign in the middle east are hard to predict, given the myriad factors at play.
on point, nicely said

pinhead
03-07-2015, 05:56 PM
on point, nicely said

Cop out.

MavsSuperFan
03-07-2015, 05:58 PM
The US is arguably doing more to combat ISIS than any other country on earth.

ISIS hasnt done enough to warrant american ground troops. The US has conducted more air strikes against ISIS than all other nations combined.

TheSilentKiller
03-07-2015, 05:59 PM
Cop out.
If you have even some semblance of an intelligent response to what home boy just said I might input more than four words. Else, nah.

pinhead
03-07-2015, 06:00 PM
The US is arguably doing more to combat ISIS than any other country on earth.

ISIS hasnt done enough to warrant american ground troops. The US has conducted more air strikes against ISIS than all other nations combined.

Since when did any country have to do anything to stop the American bully boys? Face it, you are scared.

And Jordan have done more than any other country you jackass.

MavsSuperFan
03-07-2015, 06:03 PM
Since when did any country have to do anything to stop the American bully boys? Face it, you are scared.

And Jordan have done more than any other country you jackass.

http://www.businessinsider.com/r-us-led-air-strikes-have-hit-3222-islamic-state-targets-pentagon-2015-1

Here's The List Of What 3,222 US-Led Airstrikes Against ISIS Have Destroyed Since August

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - US-led air strikes against Islamic State militants in Iraq and Syria have damaged or destroyed 3,222 targets since August, including 58 tanks, 184 Humvees, 673 fighting positions and 980 buildings or barracks, the Pentagon said on Wednesday.

Army Colonel Steve Warren, a Pentagon spokesman, said he wasn't sure how many targets had been damaged versus destroyed, "but I'm confident that the destruction level is high. Our strikes are extraordinarily accurate."

Release of the target damage list came a day after US defense officials confirmed they are looking into reports of civilian casualties caused by the strikes in Iraq and Syria and are conducting a deeper investigation of two cases involving fewer than five deaths.

As of 11 p.m. on Tuesday (0400 GMT Wednesday), US and coalition air forces had conducted a total of 1,676 air strikes against Islamic State militants in Iraq and Syria since Aug. 8, and had used some 4,775 munitions, a Pentagon spokeswoman said.

Warren said US and coalition forces had hit 3,222 targets in the air strikes but he declined to say what percentage of Islamic State equipment was destroyed.

"In order for us to do that we would have to release to you the exact number of tanks we believe the enemy has, the exact number of Humvees we believe the enemy has," he said. "We don't want our enemy to know how much we know about them."

Countries whose forces have participated in the strikes in Iraq are: Australia, Belgium, Britain, Canada, Denmark, France and the Netherlands. Those participating in strikes in Syria are Bahrain, Jordan, Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates.

The targets damaged or destroyed included:

- 58 tanks;

- 184 HMMWVs, the highly mobile multi-purpose wheeled vehicles known as Humvees;

- 26 armored personnel vehicles;

- 303 technical vehicles;

- 394 other vehicles;

- 79 artillery, anti-aircraft weapons or mortars;

- 41 staging areas;

- 11 improvised explosive device positions;

- 16 command posts;

- 92 checkpoints;

- 17 guard shacks;

- 980 other buildings or barracks;

- 673 fighting positions;

- 52 bunkers;

- 14 boats;

- 23 stockpiles;

- 259 oil infrastructure sites.

No aircraft were on the list, Warren said.

He said the Humvees were US vehicles supplied to the Iraqi military and captured by militants as were some of the armored personnel vehicles. It was unclear whether any of the tanks were U.S.-made.

Warren said some vehicles had been hit while parked, while others were struck while engaged in combat. The boats were used by Islamic State to ferry supplies across the Euphrates River, he said.

This is not to mention all of the weapons and other forms of aid given to the kurds and the iraqi government.

Jordan has done a handful of strikes, and made a big deal of it. but its more show than anything else. America has hit ISIS more.

Quizno
03-07-2015, 06:15 PM
the same ***** ass countries that ask why america isn't doing anything are the same ***** ass countries that will criticize america for being the "world police"

LJJ
03-07-2015, 06:17 PM
America announced they are going to ship more weapons to IS just a couple of weeks ago, what are you talking about stopping IS?

MavsSuperFan
03-07-2015, 06:20 PM
Ideally ISIS will be stupid and go after the shia holy city of karbala and force iran to deploy to defend karbala. If the Imam Husayn Shrine is threatened I think the shia leadership in Iran will deploy the Iranian military to defend

tomtucker
03-07-2015, 06:21 PM
America announced they are going to ship more weapons to IS just a couple of weeks ago, what are you talking about stopping IS?

allahu akbar motherfukker..........:bowdown: kill the infidels

zoom17
03-07-2015, 06:31 PM
Ideally ISIS will be stupid and go after the shia holy city of karbala and force iran to deploy to defend karbala. If the Imam Husayn Shrine is threatened I think the shia leadership in Iran will deploy the Iranian military to defend

What are you talking about?

MavsSuperFan
03-07-2015, 06:35 PM
What are you talking about?
The ideal scenario of ISIS forcing Iran to defeat it.

This will cause Iran to expend money and military assets, and thus weaken it. Worst case would be if ISIS attacked saudi arabia.

Edit: which would likely force the US to deploy ground troops :(

zoom17
03-07-2015, 06:42 PM
The ideal scenario of ISIS forcing Iran to defeat it.

This will cause Iran to expend money and military assets, and thus weaken it. Worst case would be if ISIS attacked the saudi arabia.

I think 2015 will be the year ISIS gets weakened severely. It will not be completely destroyed but many of the big cites they hold will be retaken Tirkt, Mosul and eventually Ar-Raqqah this year.

MavsSuperFan
03-07-2015, 06:52 PM
I think 2015 will be the year ISIS gets weakened severely. It will not be completely destroyed but many of the big cites they hold will be retaken Tirkt, Mosul and eventually Ar-Raqqah this year.
I also think this is likely.

I just selfishly hope ISIS provokes Iran into attacking the Sunni areas of Iraq. I think Iran would win, but there would be a lot of issues created by Iranian forces in sunni areas of iraq. Thus weakening Iran, a regional rival of the US

KevinNYC
03-07-2015, 08:30 PM
I also think this is likely.

I just selfishly hope ISIS provokes Iran into attacking the Sunni areas of Iraq. I think Iran would win, but there would be a lot of issues created by Iranian forces in sunni areas of iraq. Thus weakening Iran, a regional rival of the US
You mean like the battle that currently underway? (http://www.newsweek.com/iranian-military-mastermind-leading-battle-recapture-tikrit-isis-311516)[QUOTE]A notorious Iranian commander is spearheading the Iraqi offensive on the ISIS-held city of Tikrit, providing tactical expertise and a key link to Tehran for supplies to the Iraqi militias advancing on the terror group

Patrick Chewing
03-07-2015, 08:59 PM
Democrats don't go to war. They look forward to making millions in future book signings and guest speeches. The administration doesn't even make any references to Islamic extremism. That way, when Obama is giving a speech years after his last day in office, he can fool the masses by saying that there was no Islamic terrorism under his watch. And they will applaud him for it.

dude77
03-07-2015, 11:35 PM
:lol make up your minds .. y'all bash the U.S. for 'policing the world' .. now you're whining like a bunch of fggts on your period because you don't think they're getting involved enough ? :hammerhead:

dude77
03-07-2015, 11:37 PM
the same ***** ass countries that ask why america isn't doing anything are the same ***** ass countries that will criticize america for being the "world police"

this

KevinNYC
03-08-2015, 12:49 AM
Democrats don't go to war. They look forward to making millions in future book signings and guest speeches.

Even for you this is incoherent.
I'm pretty sure you can go to war AND make millions in book deals and speeches.

George W. Bush Lands $7 Million Book Deal (http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2009/03/19/george-w-bush-lands-7-million-book-deal.html)
http://whowhatwhy.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/261.jpg

Also, I'm pretty sure we're at war. (http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/03/07/us-mideast-crisis-airstrikes-idUSKBN0M30KX20150307)

BasedTom
03-08-2015, 01:39 AM
America is indeed not doing as much as they can- part of that is war weariness and the "...but we just got out of iraq" factor. It is of course a complex issue.

The short answer is that ISIS is an Israeli-created puppet, and America thinks ofIsrael is its vassal, when in reality, the opposite is in effect. With Iran's involvement now, things are only going to get more messy.

Rodmantheman
03-08-2015, 01:44 AM
America is indeed not doing as much as they can- part of that is war weariness and the "...but we just got out of iraq" factor. It is of course a complex issue.

The short answer is that ISIS is an Israeli-created puppet, and America thinks ofIsrael is its vassal, when in reality, the opposite is in effect. With Iran's involvement now, things are only going to get more messy.

http://217.218.67.233/photo/20150305/f774c5b8-d3d3-4069-bfab-0f7342d421a3.jpg

Lakers Legend#32
03-08-2015, 02:13 AM
This is happening in the Middle East's front yard. It is up to those countries to resolve it.

nathanjizzle
03-08-2015, 08:32 AM
Why is the rest of the world not stopping America? Theyre a far bigger threat to world peace and stability than those morons in the Middle East. Surely if every other country teams up together they could finally vanquish the Evil Empire that is the United States? The elves, humans and dwarfs must put all their differences aside and realize that only unity will help them defeat Sauron (USA) and his orks (England, France etc). Lets save the world!

Its time

no one is going to kill the country that gave the world the internet you dumb noob.

bagelred
03-08-2015, 09:03 AM
stop them from what?

stop watching network news. just ignore their fear mongering bullshit. you'll never be affected by anything going on middle east. i just made your life better. you're welcome.

Overdrive
03-08-2015, 09:03 AM
no one is going to kill the country that gave the world the internet you dumb noob.

Switzerland?

Overdrive
03-08-2015, 09:18 AM
stop them from what?

stop watching network news. just ignore their fear mongering bullshit. you'll never be affected by anything going on middle east. i just made your life better. you're welcome.

That might be true for the US, but not Europe. Of course chances are higher you die from a heartattack or even the flu, but there's a chance you get shot or bombed sitting in a cafe, just because some nut who was there has to show the world.

bagelred
03-08-2015, 09:21 AM
That might be true for the US, but not Europe. Of course chances are higher you die from a heartattack or even the flu, but there's a chance you get shot or bombed sitting in a cafe, just because some nut who was there has to show the world.

There's also a chance you get hit by lightening. Should we discuss lightening strikes every day on network news and obsess about it? Should we spend trillions of dollars to try to prevent lightening deaths?

95% of what you watch regarding ISIS is Bullshit. Just ignore it. It's fear mongering to get us to spend trillions more on fake wars fighting fake enemies. That's all it is.

Never ever worry about terrorism and you'll live a happy life. Even in Europe, you're chance of dying from terrorism is almost zero. Worry about cancer instead.

MavsSuperFan
03-08-2015, 01:03 PM
Also, I'm pretty sure we're at war. (http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/03/07/us-mideast-crisis-airstrikes-idUSKBN0M30KX20150307)
there are different levels of engagement in a war.
The US is fighting a very limited war against ISIS, just to be clear at this point I agree that america should only be fighting a limited war, if that. Frankly i am not sure going beyond defending our allies like Jordan, the kurds, Saudi arabia, etc. its even fully in the US's best interest for ISIS to be completely destroyed by the US. Preferably Iran does the fighting.

You mean like the battle that currently underway? (http://www.newsweek.com/iranian-military-mastermind-leading-battle-recapture-tikrit-isis-311516)
Thats very limited scope. I am hoping Iran enters into a quagmire that retards its foreign policy goals for a generation.

Ideally something close to a 2nd iran-iraq war, though this is extremely unlikely as Sunnis dont control iraq anymore.

More realistically iranian forces might cause collateral damage when fighting ISIS that badly stains its reputation. Eg. Assad's tactics fighting isis, dropping barrel bombs, etc.

I was hoping ISIS would create a quagmire for iran, and severally weaken it, and make the middle east more amenable to american FP goals, but it seems ISIS might be defeated before that can happen.

MavsSuperFan
03-08-2015, 01:10 PM
Same people calling for America to stop ISIS from killing people are the same people who turn a blind eye to Israel's bombing campaigns for 60+ years.. but but but Israel is different.. they don't tie people up and behead (sometimes innocent) people.. they humanely bomb the shit out of them. Both are equally evil IMO.. **** outta here. :coleman:
This lol. Dumb ******s of ISH with their sensationalist bullshit.
Israel, within the pre 1967 borders is a legitimate state. It has a right to defend its territory with military force if attacked.

MavsSuperFan
03-08-2015, 01:12 PM
This is happening in the Middle East's front yard. It is up to those countries to resolve it.
the middle east is too strategically important. nobody talks about stopping boko haram or the LRA.

MavsSuperFan
03-08-2015, 01:20 PM
Why is the rest of the world not stopping America? Theyre a far bigger threat to world peace and stability than those morons in the Middle East. Surely if every other country teams up together they could finally vanquish the Evil Empire that is the United States? The elves, humans and dwarfs must put all their differences aside and realize that only unity will help them defeat Sauron (USA) and his orks (England, France etc). Lets save the world!

Its time
the US is all things consider a relatively moral, benevolent and altruistic super state/empire (note I didnt claim country).

The US brings more stability to the world than any other nation. Pax Americana
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pax_Americana

American hegemony has been less predatory than any other hegemon in human history.

tomtucker
03-09-2015, 04:12 AM
stopping ?..........there is no stopping us, we got toys out now :pimp:

http://forums.bowsite.com/tf/pics/00small74641650.JPG

KevinNYC
03-09-2015, 09:35 AM
Switzerland?
Um, what?

You're confusing the WWW and the Internet which was indeed invented in America. Also the man who created the web was British, so how much credit should the Swiss get?

The internet existed way before the World Wide Web.
Hypertext existed before the World Wide Web
Hypertext was created by American Computer scientists and was working by at least the late sixties. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Mother_of_All_Demos)
The internet protocol of TCP/IP was invented by American Computer Scientists and international network using it was up and running by the mid 70's.

Tim Berners-Lee who invented the World Wide Web is English, was educated in Britain and being English would be able to read all the pioneering computing work on hypertext and the internet in his native language.
He first when to CERN in 1980 and was working at CERN for only a couple of months when he proposed and then built his first hypertext program called Enquire (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ENQUIRE) which was a precursor to the Web. That is to say he brought his knowledge of hypertext TO CERN, he didn't learn it there. According to his bio, he then when back to an England and worked at a network company for a few years before returning to CERN.

Here's how Berners-Lee describes his work (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tim_Berners-Lee#Career)
[QUOTE]In 1989, CERN was the largest Internet node in Europe, and Berners-Lee saw an opportunity to join hypertext with the Internet:
[QUOTE]"I just had to take the hypertext idea and connect it to the Transmission Control Protocol and domain name system ideas and

CeltsGarlic
03-09-2015, 10:58 AM
I am not a troll. I am just a controversial poster who says it like it is. I don't want, or need, to be in any clique. I am my own man.
You know all about a guy when he calls himself controversial..

JtotheIzzo
03-09-2015, 11:16 AM
Jackasses. Cowards.

You are always telling the World how great and powerful you are so why are you letting a bunch of savages get away with beheading your citizens?

COWARDS

Why, what are they gonna do, attack the US with their air force?

It is just a bunch of sexless losers playing monkey bars in the desert.

The Middle East needs to have their turf war, the Sunnis and the Shiites need to duke it out once and for all.

America, NATO and Israel need to stop playing the role of common enemy and let these clowns settle their own hash.

It is the only way they will escape the dark ages.

AintNoSunshine
03-09-2015, 10:38 PM
who wants to fk with ISIS really?

Overdrive
03-12-2015, 03:05 AM
Um, what?

You're confusing the WWW and the Internet which was indeed invented in America. Also the man who created the web was British, so how much credit should the Swiss get?

The internet existed way before the World Wide Web.
Hypertext existed before the World Wide Web
Hypertext was created by American Computer scientists and was working by at least the late sixties. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Mother_of_All_Demos)
The internet protocol of TCP/IP was invented by American Computer Scientists and international network using it was up and running by the mid 70's.

Tim Berners-Lee who invented the World Wide Web is English, was educated in Britain and being English would be able to read all the pioneering computing work on hypertext and the internet in his native language.
He first when to CERN in 1980 and was working at CERN for only a couple of months when he proposed and then built his first hypertext program called Enquire (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ENQUIRE) which was a precursor to the Web. That is to say he brought his knowledge of hypertext TO CERN, he didn't learn it there. According to his bio, he then when back to an England and worked at a network company for a few years before returning to CERN.

Here's how Berners-Lee describes his work (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tim_Berners-Lee#Career)

If you are looking to give it to another country, France has a claim

Knew everything, except the french part - thought it went up in Geneve. You know yourself though that Nathan meant the accessable internet, or as you said, www.

KevinNYC
03-12-2015, 11:00 AM
Knew everything, except the french part - thought it went up in Geneve. You know yourself though that Nathan meant the accessable internet, or as you said, www.
The accessible internet?

People were already "online" in the 1980's. There were several online companies in the mid-1980's like Compuserve and AOL and Prodigy. Consumers were already sending email and using chatrooms, but these were on commercial networks and not "on the internet" because commercial services were actually prohibited on the actual backbone of the internet until the late 1980's. It could only be used for educational or research because it was funded by the government.

You could access the Internet through DOS you didn't need a GUI or the Web. The first consumer-oriented internet provider in the US opened in 1989.

Baller1986
03-12-2015, 11:28 AM
http://i.imgur.com/omk93HCl.jpg Send this guy to the Middle East. Look at his "guns""

bagelred
03-12-2015, 11:39 AM
ISIS is fake, people. It was organized by CIA, Mossad, and MI6. To create an enemy so we would have to attack Syria and spend trillions more dollars and scare the public some more.

Read.

KevinNYC
03-12-2015, 10:03 PM
ISIS is fake, people. It was organized by CIA, Mossad, and MI6. To create an enemy so we would have to attack Syria and spend trillions more dollars and scare the public some more.

Read.
When did this happen?

Patrick Chewing
03-12-2015, 10:05 PM

Read.

Nah dog I'm pretty sure ISIS is real. Just cause they haven't reached your neck of da woods don't mean these n*gga's ain't blood thursty yo.

#purpledrank

32jazz
03-12-2015, 11:06 PM
stop them from what?

Atrocities occur all over the world ,but I have never seen a region the US is so obssessed with.

The Arab League States have huge militaries & $$$$.

Saudi - 500 k troops

Iraq-250 k troops

Jordan- 100k troops (They made a big show & dropped a few bombs ,but ...)

Iran - 500k troops( not in the Arab League ,but have interest there)

Millions of Arab League troops available yet Americans are anxious to make this their fight.:facepalm

These meddling US war mongers are sickening.

MavsSuperFan
03-13-2015, 02:14 AM
Atrocities occur all over the world ,but I have never seen a region the US is so obssessed with.

The Arab League States have huge militaries & $$$$.

Saudi - 500 k troops

Iraq-250 k troops

Jordan- 100k troops (They made a big show & dropped a few bombs ,but ...)

Iran - 500k troops( not in the Arab League ,but have interest there)

Millions of Arab League troops available yet Americans are anxious to make this their fight.:facepalm

These meddling US war mongers are sickening.
Latin america

But yes the middle east is very strategically important to US hegemony.

32jazz
03-13-2015, 07:59 AM
Latin america

But yes the middle east is very strategically important to US hegemony.

Latin America & Africa, but we continue to waste trillions meddling in the Middle East to only make things worst?

Spent untold billions on our 'friend' Sadaam Hussein as he gassed the Iranians & Kurds (we said nothing). Going to cost us over a trillion taking him out & how does that work out? Now we must take out the groups that filled the vacuum created by Hussein's absence?

Plus the Iranians have gained influence in Iraq(which was fairly obvious if one understands the demographics) & we are also villainizing Iran to drum up another war.

We (Reagan) sold Iranians weapons while we were supporting Sadaams war against Iran(a regime our interference caused after helping overthrow a democratic Leader).

That's just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to our incompetent meddling/warmongering.

And people like you want even more incompetent meddling & trillion wasted .

The Arab League has millions of troops available & many tens or more young men available..

JohnFreeman
03-13-2015, 08:12 AM
First Vietnamese rice farmers, Poor Afghan citizens and now shit ISIS troops