PDA

View Full Version : John Wall...and the Wizards. What gives?

beastee
03-08-2015, 12:24 AM
What is going on in DC? Wall has fizzled as of late and they could seriously drop to 6th...

This was supposed to be his big breakout year...but maybe he isn't a top 5 pg after all.

Legends66NBA7
03-08-2015, 12:27 AM
They were overrated. That's what happened.

Wall is their only consistent offensive threat. Beal can be but he's inconsistent. Frontcourt is redundant. Bench is non existent.

Wittman is an apparent moron. Front office is bad too.

Milbuck
03-08-2015, 12:30 AM
1) Bucks defense is FILTHY. 2nd best defense in the league, and MCW just took it to another level. Our length and athleticism is insane, and it bothers a lot of teams. Lot of it was Wiz being sloppy tonight, but Bucks played them hard.

2) They are severely lacking in talent, and coaching isn't anything special to compensate. The amount of pressure on Wall is ridiculous. If he went down they would be one of the worst teams in the league..not that they're performing that well right now..but still.

J Shuttlesworth
03-08-2015, 12:33 AM
They won 2 of their last 10

Absolute pretenders

Raptors have been shitty lately too. I think they lost 7/8

coin24
03-08-2015, 12:46 AM
The East is a complete joke

Spurs5Rings2014
03-08-2015, 12:52 AM
The East is a complete joke

:oldlol:

SyRyanYang
03-08-2015, 01:11 AM
Did anyone really think they're good?
Wall top5 pg? LMAO. Learn to make consistent jumpers first Irving>>>>>>>
East has 2 good team and everybody else is mediocre at best
What a shitty conference.

Vman23
03-08-2015, 04:33 AM
So the team struggling is on Wall? Has anyone noticed they have a complete s*** roster? If Wall gets them a top 4 seed he is one of the better point guards in recent memory.

Seriously, the struggles have nothing to do with Wall. He has been the same player all year, winning or losing.

They have a s*** coach and a s*** roster. Everyone should respect that Wall had the team competitive for a while, but its one of the worst overall rosters in the league.

oarabbus
03-08-2015, 04:42 AM
They're the Mavs of the east

A team that should be good but no one is scared of them and they are garbage.

ralph_i_el
03-08-2015, 04:48 AM
They were overrated. That's what happened.

Wall is their only consistent offensive threat. Beal can be but he's inconsistent. Frontcourt is redundant. Bench is non existent.

Wittman is an apparent moron. Front office is bad too.

yup :cry:
To start out the season they were playing nasty frontline D and Rasual Butler was raining 3's. Beal was healthy and playing decent. Kris Humphries was shooting the lights out. Pierce was trying really hard to keep up on D. Even Kevin Seraphin was essentially unstoppable in the post.

Now, Piece looks old, Rasual turned back into a pumpkin. Beal was hurt. Gortat is randomly getting benched in the 4th (hustle issues? idk. He plays really good D). No stretch 4 on the roster. Kris was hurt and his 2 point jumped has regressed back to normal. Otto is a forgotten man, they don't run anything for him.

Wall....He's not a good shooter. He's almost up to average. Besides that he's great.

Pushxx
03-08-2015, 06:54 AM
They are doing everything possible to avoid a Cleveland first-round match-up.

Oh and their coach is not good.

hawksdogsbraves
03-08-2015, 01:14 PM
They have a bad bench, but the starting 5 itself certainly isn't bad.

Beal regressing into a mediocre role player when most thought he'd become an all-star is a big issue, maybe it's just because he's nicked up, I'm not sure.

And yeah, Wittman is garbage. But a lot of the onus falls on the GM, that bench is trash. Otto Porter also deserves a shout out for being an absolutely god awful number 3 pick. He's so shitty that I think people just forget about how much of a bust he is.

Im Still Ballin
03-08-2015, 01:15 PM
Wittman

Heavincent
03-08-2015, 01:21 PM
East is trash. Both the Wizards and Raptors are complete non threats even though they have decent records.

Eric Cartman
03-08-2015, 01:37 PM
East is trash. Both the Wizards and Raptors are complete non threats even though they have decent records.

Same with the bulls

Heavincent
03-08-2015, 01:41 PM
Same with the bulls

Oh yeah, absolutely. Those 3 teams are the definition of pretenders.

ArbitraryWater
03-08-2015, 02:08 PM
Grouping the Wizards with the Raps and Bulls is so foolish :oldlol:

Anyway, Wizards don't even have a decent record.. well, its okay.

Bulls/Raps are good, though.

RedBlackAttack
03-08-2015, 05:08 PM
They have a bad bench, but the starting 5 itself certainly isn't bad.

Beal regressing into a mediocre role player when most thought he'd become an all-star is a big issue, maybe it's just because he's nicked up, I'm not sure.

And yeah, Wittman is garbage. But a lot of the onus falls on the GM, that bench is trash. Otto Porter also deserves a shout out for being an absolutely god awful number 3 pick. He's so shitty that I think people just forget about how much of a bust he is.
I think you just answered your own question. The problem is, he's always nicked up. For stars to become stars and superstars to become superstars, health is the most important factor. It doesn't matter how good you potentially could be if you're constantly out or playing hurt.

Maybe Beal's game in general has leveled off a bit, but it always seems like he's nursing an injury. I still think he could be maybe the third option on a really good team if he ever gets completely (or close to it) healthy.

I never thought he was good enough to be a No. 2 guy on a legitimate contender, even if he was healthy... which he never is.

That's a major problem for the Wizards, who have no go-to scorer. Wall is an excellent facilitator, but when you're handling the ball as much as he does and defenses don't have to worry about you scoring outside of 8-feet -- and he has no one to get the ball to who makes a defense bend... that's trouble for an offense.

The Wizards desperately need a reliable 20-25 point per game level player who can space the floor for Wall and get his own shot when necessary. I guess that was supposed to be Beal, but it is pretty clear at this point that he's not on that tier.

Hittin_Shots
03-08-2015, 05:23 PM
They're 2-8 in last 10 are they even safe from falling out of the playoffs with that kind of slide?

ImKobe
03-08-2015, 05:24 PM
Wall is overrated.

RedBlackAttack
03-08-2015, 05:26 PM
They're 2-8 in last 10 are they even safe from falling out of the playoffs with that kind of slide?
In an Eastern Conference wherein the 7th and 8th seeds are currently four games under .500, that seems improbable. The 6th seed seems about as far as the slide could go.

Then again, if you asked me as a Cavs fan who I'd rather face right now... the Wizards or the Pacers? I don't think twice when I say the Wizards.

Hittin_Shots
03-08-2015, 05:30 PM
In an Eastern Conference wherein the 7th and 8th seeds are currently four games under .500, that seems improbable. The 6th seed seems about as far as the slide could go.

Then again, if you asked me as a Cavs fan who I'd rather face right now... the Wizards or the Pacers? I don't think twice when I say the Wizards.

Very unlikely but if all the teams below them play at the same as their last 10 rate and they play at their last 10 rate they fall out.

andremiller07
03-09-2015, 06:50 AM
Andre Miller curse

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B_RncTuUoAAjimH.jpg

[QUOTE]