PDA

View Full Version : 2009 LeBron with the current Cavs team

yarrak
03-08-2015, 03:06 AM
How good would they be?

J Shuttlesworth
03-08-2015, 03:07 AM
They'd be better than the Nov-Dec Cavs, but probably not better than the Jan-Feb Cavs. LeBron's post game and jumper have improved since then, but he was more of a freak getting to the rim in 09, it seems.

navy
03-08-2015, 03:11 AM
Hawks level

yarrak
03-08-2015, 03:17 AM
They'd be better than the Nov-Dec Cavs, but probably not better than the Jan-Feb Cavs. LeBron's post game and jumper have improved since then, but he was more of a freak getting to the rim in 09, it seems.

Why not in Jan-Feb? He played with a lot more energy back then and played better D. Yes, his post game has improved since then but 2009 was his athletic peak. His monster athleticism more than made up for it.

Current Lebron isn't really as good as 2009 Lebron. I don't see how they wouldn't be better.

J Shuttlesworth
03-08-2015, 03:20 AM
Why not in Jan-Feb? He played with a lot more energy back then and played better D. Yes, his post game has improved since then but 2009 was his athletic peak. His monster athleticism more than made up for it.
Because in Jan-Feb, his athleticism has absolutely been there. Maybe not 09-10 levels of quickness, but similar to 14 LeBron as far as athleticism.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IrUI9RdLUK0

^^^ This guy is just smarter and overall better than 2009 LeBron.

yarrak
03-08-2015, 03:30 AM
Because in Jan-Feb, his athleticism has absolutely been there. Maybe not 09-10 levels of quickness, but similar to 14 LeBron as far as athleticism.

Nah, not at all. In Jan-Feb his athleticism has just been better than the beginning of the season. It's not close to 09-10.

09 Lebron averaged 38-8-8 against the BEST defensive team in the league in the ECF and averaged 35-8-8 in the 09 playoffs if I'm not mistaken. Yes he is smarter and a better player skill wise but I don't really think that makes up for the athleticism he lost.

He doesn't have the same energy either. He doesn't chase people down anymore, or play good D to conserve energy. Only when he wants to...Can't do it for a full season.

That GSW game is just one game. He can't perform like that consistently. I can find you at least 10 better games than that in 09.

Milbuck
03-08-2015, 03:34 AM

No he's not lol.

Do I have to link you to 2009 Lebron performances that shit on the link you posted? Because we both know I can :oldlol:

People get carried away with the mental maturity, improved leadership, skill development stuff. It's the same logic that people use to argue 2008 Kobe as Kobe's peak season, when in reality it was just the season where he was the closest to his peak but had a solid supporting cast to truly harness his ability. His defense came back because he didn't have to shoulder such a huge offensive burden...he wasn't surrounded by scrubs so he trusted his teammates more..his leadership went from pissed off to "stern" because they were winning...You give 2006 Kobe the repeat Lakers supporting cast of Gasol, Odom, Ariza/Artest, Fish, etc..and they slaughter everyone.

Similarly, you give 2009 Lebron this Cavs supporting cast of Kyrie, Love, Mozgov, Smith, TT, Shump, etc..with Blatt..and they're raping teams in the playoffs.

J Shuttlesworth
03-08-2015, 03:47 AM
Nah, not at all. In Jan-Feb his athleticism has just been better than the beginning of the season. It's not close to 09-10.

09 Lebron averaged 38-8-8 against the BEST defensive team in the league in the ECF and averaged 35-8-8 in the 09 playoffs if I'm not mistaken. Yes he is smarter and a better player skill wise but I don't really think that makes up for the athleticism he lost.

He doesn't have the same energy either. He doesn't chase people down anymore, or play good D to conserve energy. Only when he wants to...Can't do it for a full season.

That GSW game is just one game. He can't perform like that consistently. I can find you at least 10 better games than that in 09.
Ok if it's playoffs 09 LeBron, then that's a different story since he was at about as high of a peak as a player can be. However, I still think the way he played in 2012 or 2013 would be the best LeBron to suit this Cavs team. You have two really good 2nd/3rd options on the Cavs, so you want the big 3 to share like how they did in Miami. Irving is definitely getting his like Wade did in 2012 and 13, but Love is the odd man out obviously.

2013: 27 pts 7 assists, 8 rebounds, 56% FG, 40% 3PT, career low in turnovers/personal fouls... that is the best LeBron IMO

J Shuttlesworth
03-08-2015, 03:51 AM
No he's not lol.

Do I have to link you to 2009 Lebron performances that shit on the link you posted? Because we both know I can :oldlol:

People get carried away with the mental maturity, improved leadership, skill development stuff. It's the same logic that people use to argue 2008 Kobe as Kobe's peak season, when in reality it was just the season where he was the closest to his peak but had a solid supporting cast to truly harness his ability. His defense came back because he didn't have to shoulder such a huge offensive burden...he wasn't surrounded by scrubs so he trusted his teammates more..his leadership went from pissed off to "stern" because they were winning...You give 2006 Kobe the repeat Lakers supporting cast of Gasol, Odom, Ariza/Artest, Fish, etc..and they slaughter everyone.

Similarly, you give 2009 Lebron this Cavs supporting cast of Kyrie, Love, Mozgov, Smith, TT, Shump, etc..with Blatt..and they're raping teams in the playoffs.
You have a good point about the defense. I view Heat LeBron as a superior defender to the Cavs LeBron, but perhaps it's because he didn't have to shoulder as big of an offensive load as he did in Cleveland, but he still was putting up similar PPG... about 1 point lower, but we all know his offensive efficiency was at it's peak in Miami so he was taking less field goals

Dresta
03-08-2015, 10:12 AM
Ok if it's playoffs 09 LeBron, then that's a different story since he was at about as high of a peak as a player can be. However, I still think the way he played in 2012 or 2013 would be the best LeBron to suit this Cavs team. You have two really good 2nd/3rd options on the Cavs, so you want the big 3 to share like how they did in Miami. Irving is definitely getting his like Wade did in 2012 and 13, but Love is the odd man out obviously.

2013: 27 pts 7 assists, 8 rebounds, 56% FG, 40% 3PT, career low in turnovers/personal fouls... that is the best LeBron IMO
Maybe, but he isn't anything like as good as that any more either.

ArbitraryWater
03-08-2015, 10:21 AM

No way current LeBron is better than '09 LeBron.. no damn way.

But 2008 Kobe is peak Kobe.

lilteapot
03-08-2015, 10:24 AM
Don't be fooled, guys. All Lebron is doing is conserving his energy for the playoffs. He did it last year, and likely would have done it in 2013 if the Heat hadn't gone on hat 27 game win streak. He toyed with the competition in the playoffs last year obviously until the Spurs, but we can't really take what we see from Lebron now and use that to gauge how the Cavs are gonna do in the postseason.

He's not as explosive as he was 6 years ago but he's a smarter player, better in the post, an improved shooter from every area on the floor, and come the 2nd round of the playoffs, you'll see Lebron going full speed. At least I hope.

Dresta
03-08-2015, 10:32 AM
Don't be fooled, guys. All Lebron is doing is conserving his energy for the playoffs. He did it last year, and likely would have done it in 2013 if the Heat hadn't gone on hat 27 game win streak. He toyed with the competition in the playoffs last year obviously until the Spurs, but we can't really take what we see from Lebron now and use that to gauge how the Cavs are gonna do in the postseason.

He's not as explosive as he was 6 years ago but he's a smarter player, better in the post, an improved shooter from every area on the floor, and come the 2nd round of the playoffs, you'll see Lebron going full speed. At least I hope.
No one wants to hear your opinion on the matter, thanks and goodbye.

lilteapot
03-08-2015, 11:03 AM
No one wants to hear your opinion on the matter, thanks and goodbye.

Who wants to hear yours, you worthless son of a AIDS infested alley hooker. Your life has no meaning whatsoever other than to be a bottomfeeding piece of shit.

SugarHill
03-08-2015, 11:05 AM
Who wants to hear yours, you worthless son of a AIDS infested alley hooker. Your life has no meaning whatsoever other than to be a bottomfeeding piece of shit.
:biggums:

Dresta
03-08-2015, 11:18 AM
:lebronamazed:

I think you're confusing me with your mother tho...

lilteapot
03-08-2015, 11:19 AM
:coleman:

I think you're confusing me with your mother...

The only one confused here is you, you miserable dicksucking waste of life.

Dresta
03-08-2015, 11:21 AM
Again, are you sure you're not just talking about your mother again?

lilteapot
03-08-2015, 11:22 AM
Again, are you sure you're not just talking about your mother again?
I got you so shook you're repeating insults now.

Sit down wench.

Dresta
03-08-2015, 11:24 AM
Those weren't insults....

It is the fault of your bad conscience if you consider them that.

lilteapot
03-08-2015, 11:26 AM
Those weren't insults....

It is the fault of your bad conscience if you consider them that.
It was the equivalent of "I know you are, but what am I?"

Grow up, you uneducated tramp.

StrongLurk
03-08-2015, 02:08 PM
I have always believed that despite his increase in overall skill, versatility and championship level experience, 2009 Lebron is still the best version I've seen of him. Bron was at the PEAK of his athleticism, and the fact that his jumper is a little better now than back then doesn't really matter since he was ABSOLUTELY AND COMPLETELY on fire in the 2009 playoffs from everywhere on the court.

Best players I've seen in my life are 2000 Shaq and 2009 Lebron (only saw second 3peat MJ).

Lebron23
03-08-2015, 05:04 PM
Somebody just got ethered in this thread.

On topic.

2009 LeBron with the Current Cavaliers = NBA Champion.

Milbuck
03-08-2015, 05:06 PM
No way current LeBron is better than '09 LeBron.. no damn way.

But 2008 Kobe is peak Kobe.
No it's not lol.

dubeta
03-08-2015, 05:08 PM
Dresta so shook :roll: