PDA

View Full Version : Better analyst: Steve Smith or Chris Webber?

hawkfan
03-08-2015, 03:09 PM
Discuss.

greatest-ever
03-08-2015, 05:39 PM
Webber lost credibility with me when he said Wade isn't a top 50 player ever. And then downplayed his championship runs because he had Shaq and Lbj.

Jud
03-08-2015, 05:40 PM
Webber. Not only is he smart, but he has a cooler personality. Those things are perfect for being a good commentator/analyst.

SugarHill
03-08-2015, 05:42 PM
Webber lost credibility with me when he said Wade isn't a top 50 player ever. And then downplayed his championship runs because he had Shaq and Lbj.
A lot of those legends disrespect Wade. I sometimes think they actually believe Reggie Miller was a better player

AnaheimLakers24
03-08-2015, 05:43 PM
Webber. He doesnt slobber all over brans small cawk like that other idiot does

ProfessorMurder
03-08-2015, 05:44 PM
Webber is better, but they both aren't very good.

BasedTom
03-08-2015, 05:48 PM
Webber is better, but they both aren't very good.
Yeah, how dare they show unbiased enthusiasm instead of seeing nothing but green. We need Tommy Heinsohn's undead ass calling national games.

Milbuck
03-08-2015, 05:50 PM
I think that was more of just him wanting a spot on that next 10 list than anything else. Dude truly believes he was every bit on the same level as Duncan, KG, Dirk..and honestly that's nothing to hate on. Deep down he probably knows Wade > himself, but can't fault the guy for having supreme confidence in himself.

T_L_P
03-08-2015, 05:54 PM
Webber.

Smith was all over the place on air last week...stuttering left and right. C-Webb drones on about the simplest of things though.

Give me JVG. Funny and insightful.

SugarHill
03-08-2015, 05:58 PM
Webber.

Smith was all over the place on air last week...stuttering left and right. C-Webb drones on about the simplest of things though.

Give me JVG. Funny and insightful.
He gets real mad tho but yeah, he's the best, by far

JimmyMcAdocious
03-08-2015, 06:13 PM
As color commentator, you mean? Webber is a much better orator than Smitty. Not even close. Webber is one of the most charismatic former players out there on the networks and that translates well to the booth.

In terms of in studio and whatnot, they both don't really bring much as an analyst. Webber is a little more entertaining, but Smitty doesn't step on people's feet as much as most former athletes (Shaq, for instance) do, so the conversation is a lot more fluid and enjoyable.

Both better than **** sucking Reggie Miller tho. Every time he speaks I keep thinking he's simultaneously giving head to someone.

Smoke117
03-08-2015, 06:17 PM
I think that was more of just him wanting a spot on that next 10 list than anything else. Dude truly believes he was every bit on the same level as Duncan, KG, Dirk..and honestly that's nothing to hate on. Deep down he probably knows Wade > himself, but can't fault the guy for having supreme confidence in himself.

He's not even close to their level. He was massively overrated when he played...and is still overrated even with hindsight because of nostalgia.

Taller than CP3
03-08-2015, 08:04 PM
I like C Webb because he smokes weed before every telecast and laughs throughout the entire game. That guy just knows how to put a smile on my face.

KNOW1EDGE
03-08-2015, 08:10 PM
Steve Smith.

Webber is hard to take seriously because he misuses words and isn't very well spoken. Although he brings more excitement and enthusiasm. I just respect SS more and appreciate his opinions.

JohnFreeman
03-08-2015, 08:27 PM
Can't hate a man with Webber's hair

L.Kizzle
03-08-2015, 09:33 PM
A lot of those legends disrespect Wade. I sometimes think they actually believe Reggie Miller was a better player
Those guys played against/with both.