PDA

View Full Version : this is the rotation Thibs should go with when everyone returns

Upgrayedd
03-08-2015, 10:19 PM
I'm thinking about what rotation Thibs should go with when everyone gets healthy... here's what I want to see...

C: Noah/Gasol
PF: Mirotic/Taj
SF: Dunleavy/McDermott/Snell
SG: Butler/E'Twaun Moore/Hinrich
PG: Rose/Brooks/Hinrich

But a lot less Hinrich. I want to see more of Brooks and Moore off the bnech at the 1 and 2 for Rose and Butler.

imdaman99
03-08-2015, 10:19 PM
I'm thinking they should bring Rose off the bench. A lot less pressure, and plus he can close the games. What's wrong with that? He's a great closer.

Milbuck
03-08-2015, 10:22 PM
Snell should be ahead of Doug in the depth chart. Doug has been flat out terrible for the vast majority of this season outside of a couple good games. Snell has been performing for a while now, he's becoming a legit rotation player. And the difference defensively is massive.

Upgrayedd
03-08-2015, 10:25 PM
McDermott was terrible because he was hurt. He's feeling better and is improving big time. McDermott should get more playing time than Snell. McDermott and Mirotic are the Bulls' future at the 3 and 4 positions.

Milbuck
03-08-2015, 10:31 PM
McDermott was terrible because he was hurt. He's feeling better and is improving big time. McDermott should get more playing time than Snell. McDermott and Mirotic are the Bulls' future at the 3 and 4 positions.
What has he done since his knee procedure? He's had 1 good game where he put up 16 points on 17 shots...and outside of that he's at 1 ppg on 29% FG since the procedure...you read that right. With bad defense. He's a fringe NBA player right now, most of the time he looks scared out of his mind on offense and totally lose defensively.

Snell's been at 11 ppg on 49/43/83 shooting in his last 20 games...way better defender too. He's become a pretty valuable piece on the team, a great floor spacer on offense and another defender to throw at the Lebrons, the PGs, the KDs of the league on defense to help out Butler. Snell is just a way better 2-way player right now.

beastee
03-08-2015, 11:25 PM
Yeah. I go Snell at the 3 really. I'd even start him over MDL depending on the matchup occasionally.

TaLvsCuaL
03-08-2015, 11:28 PM
Benching your best player seems a good idea :rolleyes:

el gringos
03-09-2015, 12:30 AM
Benching your best player seems a good idea :rolleyes:
Mirotic is in there.

SwishSquared
03-09-2015, 11:36 AM
Noah/Gasol/Nazr
Mirotic/Taj/Bairstow
Dunleavy/Snell/McDermott
Butler/Moore/Kirk
Rose/Brooks/Moore

That's the rotation they need. Has best balance of scoring/defense in both units. Almost identical to the one I posted at the beginning of the season, only I had Snell/McDermott backing up Butler/Dunleavy.

Even if they continue to start Gasol, you gotta sub him out early imo in order to bring Mirotic in to space the floor for drives and allow Gasol to destroy second unit big men. Other stars do that early substitution to anchor bench units and I think Pau would excel in that role.