PDA

View Full Version : Lakers next season is as bright as the sun!

imnew09
03-09-2015, 02:26 AM
Rondo/Clarkson
Kobe/Swaggy
Jimmy Butler/Wesley
Greg Monroe/Randle
Hill/ Top 5 pick

:applause: :applause: :banana:

navy
03-09-2015, 02:29 AM
That is still a lottery team probably.

Cocaine80s
03-09-2015, 02:31 AM
That team wouldnt even make the playoffs in the East

dubeta
03-09-2015, 02:51 AM
Old but gold

http://img713.imageshack.us/img713/3646/improvedu3.png

T_L_P
03-09-2015, 02:54 AM
Jimmy is an RFA...and the Bulls have said they will match whatever.

The only good player you will land in FE is Rondo...because no good teams will want him. So does that even make him good?

Have fun making the Playoffs with that group. :roll:

CarlosBoozer
03-09-2015, 02:54 AM
:durantunimpressed:

Prime_Shaq
03-09-2015, 03:03 AM
Laker fans miss this don't you?
https://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4101/4920970629_7fb8758dbc.jpg

buddha
03-09-2015, 03:37 AM
Rajon Rondo / Jordan Clarkson
Kobe Bryant
Stanley Johnson / Nick Young
Julius Randle / Carlos Boozer
Marc Gasol

dat elite defense

keep-itreal
03-09-2015, 03:43 AM
Kobe Bryant
Marc Gasol

dat elite defense

brick city

Asiantastic
03-09-2015, 04:06 AM
I don't even want Rondo :facepalm

retaxis
03-09-2015, 05:47 AM
Who will make it to the playoffs first boston or lakers? I say boston

ImKobe
03-09-2015, 06:07 AM
We're gonna draft either WCS or Towns, ain't no damn way they gonna be playing behind hill undersized ass, who can't protect the damn rim if his life depended on it.

Quickening
03-09-2015, 06:30 AM
Kobe Bryant
Marc Gasol

dat elite defense

No team with Kobe aka the weak link is playing elite defence

ImKobe
03-09-2015, 06:54 AM
Clarkson ended up being the best PG of this draft AND as a starter, he's putting up similar/arguably better numbers than Wiggins. And he can play both the 1 and 2.

Clarkson as a starter is averaging 14/4/4 on 46% shooting, and his game is legit. He consistently makes his defenders go off balance with his dribble moves, he can shoot the jumper (spot up, pull up) and he can finish at the rim with flashy dunks and nice layups off the glass, he came into the league as more of a 2-guard, but Carlisle recently said that Scott has done a great job at molding him into a PG.

Who knew we'd have something positive this year after Randle and Kobe went down

look at him taking Exum's soul

we got a better player than Exum (who was predicted to be about as good as Clarkson is right now) at pick 46 :kobe:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORrH7WtTlTo

YouGotServed
03-09-2015, 07:30 AM
lmfao at some scrub named Clarkson being the highlight of the Lakers season. It's that bad huh?

Yikes.

bigt
03-09-2015, 07:48 AM
Who will make it to the playoffs first boston or lakers? I say boston

Boston...but the fact they're out East is 80% of the reason why. Hell they're not out of the hunt for this season as it is...

Prime_Shaq
03-09-2015, 07:51 AM
Boston...but the fact they're out East is 80% of the reason why. Hell they're not out of the hunt for this season as it is...
East is pretty sad

Walker
03-09-2015, 08:49 AM
Clarkson ended up being the best PG of this draft AND as a starter, he's putting up similar/arguably better numbers than Wiggins. And he can play both the 1 and 2.

Clarkson as a starter is averaging 14/4/4 on 46% shooting, and his game is legit. He consistently makes his defenders go off balance with his dribble moves, he can shoot the jumper (spot up, pull up) and he can finish at the rim with flashy dunks and nice layups off the glass, he came into the league as more of a 2-guard, but Carlisle recently said that Scott has done a great job at molding him into a PG.

we got a better player than Exum (who was predicted to be about as good as Clarkson is right now) at pick 46 :kobe:

http://s3.postimg.org/xp4wt8wsj/images.jpg

:confusedshrug:

StephHamann
03-09-2015, 08:52 AM
Rondo/Clarkson
Kobe/Swaggy
Jimmy Butler/Wesley
Greg Monroe/Randle
Hill/ Top 5 pick

Clarkson right now is better than Rondo

ImKobe
03-09-2015, 10:54 AM
http://s3.postimg.org/xp4wt8wsj/images.jpg

:confusedshrug:

Top Gear :rockon:

KNOW1EDGE
03-09-2015, 11:39 AM
Steve Blake>Clarkson

Idk how or why people have come to the conclusion that Clarkson is some great pg, he's not. He plays for the Lakers who are tanking and he gets tons of run so he puts up decent numbers.

He wouldn't start on any playoff team. He might be a good back up in a couple years though. Congrats Lakers, future looking bright!

SwishSquared
03-09-2015, 11:50 AM
Only realistic moves are Rondo and Monroe. I'd rather hope to get Towns in the draft, use that Houston first rounder on a guy like George Lucas or Delon Wright (if they're available), and go after younger FAs that they have actually have a chance of getting.

Kris Middleton would be a good fit there as a 3&D guy. I can also see Tobias Harris in the mix. Monroe is talented offensively but will struggle on defense (not sure you ever want Randle & Monroe playing at same time). Rather overpay young 2-way players and then sign a solid backup in Kostas Koufos to backup the C spot. Definitely decline Jordan Hill's option and maybe hope to retain him on a cheaper contract if other moves don't materialize.

Wright-Kobe-Middleton-Randle-Towns
Clarkson-Young-W. Johnson-Hill-Koufos

Not a playoff team, most likely, but should be an improvement on this year's squad. Also can easily slide Middleton to SG to make room for Durant in 2016 once Kobe's deal's up.

NugzFan
03-09-2015, 11:52 AM
How the hell are the lakers getting all these players for next season?

ISHGoat
03-09-2015, 11:59 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BQMAfx5CIAEmI_e.jpg

Kidbasketball20
03-09-2015, 12:08 PM
Getting Rondo would be disastrous for the Lakers just saying

NoGunzJustSkillz
03-09-2015, 12:10 PM
The only realistic player is Rondo. I say pass. I don't wanna gut the cap for him, not worth it. Do you guys think he'll land a max deal?

ISHGoat
03-09-2015, 12:11 PM
The only realistic player is Rondo. I say pass. I don't wanna gut the cap for him, not worth it. Do you guys think he'll land a max deal?

I dont know, is Brian Colangelo still a GM somewhere?

BlackWhiteGreen
03-09-2015, 01:23 PM

Sixty.
Games.

And he isn't definitively better than Smart or Payton anyway.

Rodmantheman
03-09-2015, 01:28 PM
:roll:

chosen_one6
03-09-2015, 02:05 PM
The Lakers are handicapped while Kobe is under player salary

Eric Cartman
03-09-2015, 02:08 PM
Delusional.

Smook A.
03-09-2015, 02:11 PM
Rondo/Clarkson
Kobe/Swaggy
Jimmy Butler/Wesley
Greg Monroe/Randle
Hill/ Top 5 pick

:yaohappy:

Let's be a little real here.

Rooster
03-09-2015, 02:22 PM

It depends on who the Lakers draft but I'll pass on Rondo too. I rather see how Clarkson progress because he has the physical tools to take his game to another level than wasting the cap for Rondo.

Rooster
03-09-2015, 02:26 PM
Rondo/Clarkson
Kobe/Swaggy
Jimmy Butler/Wesley
Greg Monroe/Randle
Hill/ Top 5 pick

Lakers will decline Hill option. It depends who we draft but I rather get someone like Asik to anchor the team defensively.

Bosnian Sajo
03-09-2015, 02:53 PM
Sixty.
Games.

He really is though...have you watched any recent Laker games? How about Celtic games, tf has Marcus Smart done up till now to be better than Clarkson? Clarkson is a better passer, dribbler and shooter. Even if you're just looking at stats, have you seen Smart's shooting percentage? 35%. ****ing horrible. And he's shooting 66% from the free throw line, soo much better than Clarkson :rolleyes: At least Smart's ft % is not as bad as Payton's, who is shooting 54% from the ft line :roll: 2.5 turnovers a game in 25 mpg isn't helping your claim of Payton being a better pg, either. Clarkson has better numbers while playing 10 minutes less a game.

And whats the deal with you emphasizing that it has "only" been 60 games? As if that isn't enough to justify one player being better than the other, none of em have suffered an injury, have they?

To the OP: I'd be the happiest guy on earth if we got Jimmy, but pleeeaassee keep Rondo away. He has regressed quite a bit since the Celtics championship days.

IncarceratedBob
03-09-2015, 02:56 PM
If a team offers Jimmy Butler a poison pill contract the Bulls won't match. It'll be 18 million a year for the first two years of a four year contract, and then 9 per after. Would be a perfect fit for the Lakers

Bosnian Sajo
03-09-2015, 02:59 PM
If a team offers Jimmy Butler a poison pill contract the Bulls won't match. It'll be 18 million a year for the first two years of a four year contract, and then 9 per after. Would be a perfect fit for the Lakers

:eek: Completely forgot that you can offer contracts like that, and it wouldn't even be bad for the Lakers considering Kobe's 24 mil will come off the books after Jimmy's first season.

KungFuJoe
03-09-2015, 03:53 PM
Lakers better not try and offer big money to Rondo. He's just not worth it. Can't make a shot to save his life and he doesn't really make anyone else better. He plays good D and can pass the rock but that's it. If you don't surround him with off the ball players he's useless.

Jud
03-09-2015, 03:58 PM
Lakers better not try and offer big money to Rondo. He's just not worth it. Can't make a shot to save his life and he doesn't really make anyone else better. He plays good D and can pass the rock but that's it. If you don't surround him with off the ball players he's useless.
http://www.wessexscene.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/happy-man-looking-at-computer-e1294094012103-500x339.jpg

ImKobe
03-09-2015, 04:14 PM
Sixty.
Games.

You can make a case for Payton due to his superior rebounding and playmaking ability, but Smart has just been awful, dude's shooting under 36% for the year and since his return as a starter has been shooting 33% and 26% from 3 with 5 attempts a game :biggums:

Clarkson is the most consistent rookie PG in terms of production on offense.

SwishSquared
03-09-2015, 04:24 PM
I don't think a poison pill contract would be above the max contract value for that season, right? I think the max for Jimmy next year is at like $16.875M, assuming a salary cap of $67.5M. So Bulls won't lose Jimmy over having to paying $1.125M extra in first 2 years of contract anyway, even if that's allowed. They basically have to match anything since they won't have the means to replace his production. I think they're prepared to match a full max, which would be cheaper than if they gave him a 4 year max themselves (lower annual raises).

CeltsGarlic
03-09-2015, 04:30 PM
http://oyster.ignimgs.com/wordpress/stg.ign.com/2015/03/anigif_enhanced-buzz-23997-1363803642-1.gif

ImKobe
03-09-2015, 04:31 PM
I don't think a poison pill contract would be above the max contract value for that season, right? I think the max for Jimmy next year is at like $16.875M, assuming a salary cap of $67.5M. So Bulls won't lose Jimmy over having to paying $1.125M extra in first 2 years of contract anyway, even if that's allowed. They basically have to match anything since they won't have the means to replace his production. I think they're prepared to match a full max, which would be cheaper than if they gave him a 4 year max themselves (lower annual raises).

It all depends on how the Playoffs go and how Rose recovers because they might have to blow the whole thing up if Derrick injures himself again and Thibs wants out and the locker room is in turmoil :confusedshrug:, they aren't going to pay luxury tax to be medicore. Might as well blow it all up and tank.

But I wouldn't want Butler for the max anyways. I'd have Draymond Green if we had the possibility to sign him.

talkingconch
03-09-2015, 05:22 PM
Laker fans miss this don't you?
https://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4101/4920970629_7fb8758dbc.jpg
what? 2008-2010?? wtf has this forum gone to