PDA

View Full Version : #2 seed Cavs,with a .615 win % would be the #8 seed in West

Rose'sACL
03-09-2015, 09:08 AM
16 top teams making the playoffs makes more and more sense.

Also, discuss if warriors would like playing the cavs in first round.

kamil
03-09-2015, 09:14 AM
Lebron* would soil himself if he had to play against the west in the playoffs. He's protected in the east.

Rose'sACL
03-09-2015, 09:33 AM
Lebron* would soil himself if he had to play against the west in the playoffs. He's protected in the east.
but wouldn't he have better teams around him from start if he played on most western conference teams.
players are ready to go to cleveland to play with him. who wouldn't like to go to Denver to play with him if he was drafted there if lets say you were the gm of cavs in 2003 and picked melo? pistons would have picked darko anyways.

most GMs in west are pretty good so i have no idea what you are talking about. lebron would have had a very good team around him from 2005 onwards.

other than spurs and memphis, not a single team in the west wins against the cavs in a 7 game series. other than last year, east has always played more physical basketball.

imdaman99
03-09-2015, 09:38 AM
but wouldn't he have better teams around him from start if he played on most western conference teams.
players are ready to go to cleveland to play with him. who wouldn't like to go to Denver to play with him if he was drafted there if lets say you were the gm of cavs in 2003 and picked melo? pistons would have picked darko anyways.

most GMs in west are pretty good so i have no idea what you are talking about. lebron would have had a very good team around him from 2005 onwards.

other than spurs and memphis, not a single team in the west wins against the cavs in a 7 game series. other than last year, east has always played more physical basketball.
Where does this narative that players want to go play with him come from? Branstans? :oldlol: Players are ringchasers and realize he has an all time easy conference to get to the Finals and that in itself gives them a chance to win it all. Where were all these guys when he was originally on the Cavs? Did they not want to play with him? No, because when they wanted to ringchase they went to the Celtics because Celtics owned the East before LeCollusion started to make a mockery of competitive Basketball. Lebron started stacking the deck in Miami and people followed because they knew it was an easy chance for a ring. 2/4 isn't bad, gives them a 50/50 chance.

I can't believe a Lebron stan pretends to be a Spurs fan. That is disrespectful to other Spurs fans.

beastee
03-09-2015, 09:49 AM
TBH Cavs probably will win it all anyway, so who cares about records? Seriously, the whole East West thing gets old. This aint Biggie Tupac.

Rose'sACL
03-09-2015, 10:00 AM
Where does this narative that players want to go play with him come from? Branstans? :oldlol: Players are ringchasers and realize he has an all time easy conference to get to the Finals and that in itself gives them a chance to win it all. Where were all these guys when he was originally on the Cavs? Did they not want to play with him? No, because when they wanted to ringchase they went to the Celtics because Celtics owned the East before LeCollusion started to make a mockery of competitive Basketball. Lebron started stacking the deck in Miami and people followed because they knew it was an easy chance for a ring. 2/4 isn't bad, gives them a 50/50 chance.

I can't believe a Lebron stan pretends to be a Spurs fan. That is disrespectful to other Spurs fans.

i don't care how disrespectful it is to other spurs fans. i treat people like idividuals and don't group people. i am not an idiot like most sports fans. i want spurs to win it all and lebron to win east. it is not likethey play in the same conference.
what does it say that i also want okc to do well? the only thing it says is that i like good basketball first and then other things come. you like man-drama created by media and privately owned team to make more money.

lilteapot
03-09-2015, 10:12 AM
I love when retards on this forum act ike Lebron was on such stacked teams when year after year they were the same people saying they'd lose to the Pacers, the Celtics, the Spurs and the Thunder and even the Knicks :roll:

Freaking backtrackers.

nba_55
03-09-2015, 10:27 AM
If it were a 16 teams playoffs, Warriors wouldn't play Cavs. Even if they did, Cavs would win.

ninephive
03-09-2015, 10:40 AM
From the standpoint of records...it's getting really bad. Surely it can't get much worse than that.

That said, I don't necessarily agree that something must be done. Sports is obviously heavily weighted by "luck" and draws as it is, so it seems to make sense. The NBA wasn't necessarily trying to stack the West the last 15-20 years...it's just how it worked out.

The biggest reason that I wouldn't like getting rid of the conferences is because of comparison over the years. It's hard enough to try to rank players across different era's...imagine how difficult it would be without conferences, especially when the playoffs are heavily influenced by matchups.

Regarding Cuban's idea to send teams to different Conferences: if he is talking about doing it strictly on longitude (how "East" or "West" your city really is)...that makes sense in principle. It would become difficult when teams moved or when expansion happens (keeping the Conferences balanced). But what I really would not like is the idea that it would completely change things for entire fan bases. Moving all the Texas teams to the East would be really weird IMO (which is what Cuban proposed). For a team like Memphis I could see it happening (they don't have a long history yet)...but for these Championship squads who have been in the West for 35+ years, that would be a really difficult change (and doesn't make THAT much sense geographically)...most people think of Texas as "the west."

ImKobe
03-09-2015, 11:00 AM
Stacked team and could barely make the Playoffs in the West :facepalm

noob cake
03-09-2015, 11:02 AM
While playing a weaker schedule in the East.

ImKobe
03-09-2015, 11:04 AM
While playing a weaker schedule in the East.

Disgusting.

scm5
03-09-2015, 11:32 AM
And if the Thunder were healthy all season, it's possible the Cavs wouldn't make it in the West.

Fudge
03-09-2015, 12:07 PM
I love when retards on this forum act ike Lebron was on such stacked teams when year after year they were the same people saying they'd lose to the Pacers, the Celtics, the Spurs and the Thunder and even the Knicks :roll:

Freaking backtrackers.
http://sd.keepcalm-o-matic.co.uk/i/keep-calm-you-little-teapot.png

Solefade
03-09-2015, 01:01 PM
if lebron played in the west his team would be more talented also from the get go

Heavincent
03-09-2015, 01:03 PM

You're a moron. Yeah, the Warriors? Not like they're the best team in basketball right now. No way they could beat the Cavs, even though they have a much better record in a much tougher conference. Also, best defense AND offense in the NBA.

Solefade
03-09-2015, 01:05 PM
You're a moron. Yeah, the Warriors? Not like they're the best team in basketball right now. No way they could beat the Cavs, even though they have a much better record in a much tougher conference. Also, best defense AND offense in the NBA.

west clearly the better conference but it's been established for a while now that eastern conference teams generally play tougher and more bruising defense.

Solefade
03-09-2015, 01:06 PM
warriors are the best defensive team but i don't think anyone would call them a "physical" team on both offense and defense...

Heavincent
03-09-2015, 01:11 PM
warriors are the best defensive team but i don't think anyone would call them a "physical" team on both offense and defense...

Yes they are. They completely stifle opposing offenses with their length and physicality.

Yes, GS plays at a breakneck pace, but they also play better defense than any of these eastern teams lauded for their physical defense. Just look at their personnel:

Green
Bogut
Iguodala
Thompson

Those guys are all elite defenders at their respective positions, with Green and Bogut being legit DPOY candidates. Curry, Barnes, and Livingston are also solid defenders.

nathanjizzle
03-09-2015, 01:11 PM
in theory, but its highly unlikely the cavs would be an 8th seed in the west. In reality, the cavs would fall in the category of 3rd to 6th seed. Those teams are houston, portland, clippers and dallas. and i did some stat checking to backup my claim, the cavs are 3-2 against those teams this year.

DatAsh
03-09-2015, 01:36 PM
if lebron played in the west his team would be more talented also from the get go
I don't buy that argument, at least not in this case. He's arguably got the most talented surrounding cast in the league already. How many teams out west - after excluding their best player - are more talented than Love, Irving, Mozgov, Smith, Thompson and Shumpert? I only see a real argument for 1 or 2, and even those are questionable if Cleveland can figure out how to fully utilize Love. Yes, if you we're to hypothetically take LeBron and plop him into a random team - replacing their best player - chances are he'd wind up with more talent out west. The hypothetical makes no sense here though; LeBron happens to play for the 1 of maybe 2 teams out east that have just as much talent as any out west.

FLDFSU
03-09-2015, 03:17 PM

Freaking backtrackers.

I literally remember one poster...think it was DMAVS in 2012 that claimed that the Heat were the most stacked team of all time relative to competition on Saturday night, and by the next afternoon he was talking about how if Miami were to meet Memphis in the playoffs that Memphis would win...

FLDFSU
03-09-2015, 03:23 PM
I don't buy that argument, at least not in this case. He's arguably got the most talented surrounding cast in the league already. How many teams out west - after excluding their best player - are more talented than Love, Irving, Mozgov, Smith, Thompson and Shumpert? I only see a real argument for 1 or 2, and even those are questionable if Cleveland can figure out how to fully utilize Love. Yes, if you we're to hypothetically take LeBron and plop him into a random team - replacing their best player - chances are he'd wind up with more talent out west. The hypothetical makes no sense here though; LeBron happens to play for the 1 of maybe 2 teams out east that have just as much talent as any out west.

What was the combined record of those players prior to playing in Cleveland this year?

Or is this like how folks were claiming that Mario Chalmers and Norris Cole and Wade and Bosh were about to blow up because the Heat no longer had to play "Lebron ball"?

34-24 Footwork
03-09-2015, 03:27 PM
The thought of LeBron "5th Grade Handles" James on the same team with Curry, Lillard or CP3 attempting to be the primary ball handler to rack up cheap assists is rather disgusting, imo. I can't belive Blatt is letting him go ISO on the perimeter 5 possessions in a row but criticizes Kyrie Irving for doing the same thing.

34-24 Footwork
03-09-2015, 03:30 PM
Trying to imagine if John Wall was drafted to play with the Heat. We'd never see him develop...

JT123
03-09-2015, 03:31 PM
:facepalm

34-24 Footwork
03-09-2015, 03:33 PM
You guys do realize that JR Smith would've made it to the finals and probably won a ring if it wasn't for Kobe and his lakers.

He ain't some random scrub. Please stop...

FLDFSU
03-09-2015, 03:36 PM
You guys do realize that JR Smith would've made it to the finals and probably won a ring if it wasn't for Kobe and his lakers.

He ain't some random scrub. Please stop...

What is JR's record this season without Lebron in the lineup?

34-24 Footwork
03-09-2015, 03:39 PM
What is JR's record this season without Lebron in the lineup?

Jr Smith playin the exact way he was playing in New York. But don't worry, I expect you to blame him when the Cavs lose at pivotal moments. Vicious cycle.

FLDFSU
03-09-2015, 03:50 PM
Jr Smith playin the exact way he was playing in New York. But don't worry, I expect you to blame him when the Cavs lose at pivotal moments. Vicious cycle.

Correct. 5 wins out of 41 tries...

JT123
03-09-2015, 03:52 PM
Who's alt is this? :lol

jlip
03-09-2015, 03:57 PM
I've got an idea. Someone should make a thread about how the West is a deeper conference than the East. I don't think that has ever been discussed on ISH before. Also, someone should mention that Lebron plays in the East. That will shock everyone.

J Shuttlesworth
03-09-2015, 03:59 PM
Yet I still think most teams would much rather face Houston, Portland, LA, or Dallas than Cleveland in the playoffs.

T_L_P
03-09-2015, 04:06 PM
in theory, but its highly unlikely the cavs would be an 8th seed in the west. In reality, the cavs would fall in the category of 3rd to 6th seed. Those teams are houston, portland, clippers and dallas. and i did some stat checking to backup my claim, the cavs are 3-2 against those teams this year.

Cavs are 15-13 against the West.

They'd be the 8th seed.

#3 seed. GTFO :roll:

Hey Yo
03-09-2015, 04:13 PM
Who's alt is this? :lol
One of the many disgruntled Lakers fans on here. You can tell his moral is in the shitter.

34-24 Footwork
03-09-2015, 07:09 PM
I'm no one's Alt. Joined a few days ago after lurking for a few months. The people that are saying Jr Smith is improving under Lebron are the same ones who were criticizing him for lighting Lebron up with 10 3-pointers about a year ago. Lol.

I presume when the Cavs lose in the playoffs, the same people will fall back in line and begin to point the finger at role players.

Hey Yo
03-09-2015, 07:26 PM
I'm no one's Alt. Joined a few days ago after lurking for a few months. The people that are saying Jr Smith is improving under Lebron are the same ones who were criticizing him for lighting Lebron up with 10 3-pointers about a year ago. Lol.

I presume when the Cavs lose in the playoffs, the same people will fall back in line and begin to point the finger at role players.
How would you know what people on here were saying a year ago if you've only been lurking for a couple months?

34-24 Footwork
03-09-2015, 07:34 PM
How would you know what people on here were saying a year ago if you've only been lurking for a couple months?

Judging by how Lebron butt boys were treating Wade and Co after the Spurs beatdown, I'm able to make an educated guess. All of you guys are the same...

buddha
03-09-2015, 07:54 PM
or they could just get rid of the eastern conference, literally get rid of all those franchises. nobody would miss them except Bran stans.

JT123
03-09-2015, 07:57 PM
:roll: Got him.

RedBlackAttack
03-09-2015, 08:48 PM

They'd be the 8th seed.

They also happen to be 11-1 against the West since the roster was overhauled on Jan. 15.

The lone loss was a narrow 105-103 defeat in Houston without Kyrie Irving.

Over that span, they've beaten Golden State, OKC, Portland and LA Clippers (2x). If they did finish in the 8th spot (almost completely due to the first couple months of the season), I have to think GSW would be pretty unhappy. :oldlol:

kav23
03-09-2015, 08:56 PM
If the league were to realign geographically, I think it should be like so:

West
Pacific: Golden State, LA Clippers, LA Lakers, Portland, Sacramento
Southwest: Dallas, Denver, Houston, Oklahoma City, Phoenix, San Antonio, Utah

East
Atlantic: Boston, Brooklyn, New York, Philadelphia, Washington
Central: Chicago, Cleveland, Detroit, Indiana, Milwaukee, Minnesota, Toronto
Southeast: Atlanta, Charlotte, Miami, Memphis, New Orleans, Orlando

I also think the playoff format should be top 16 overall. If we look at the top 16 as of yesterday's standings, what about these playoff matchups.

1. Golden State
16. Phoenix

8. San Antonio
9. Cleveland

4. Houston
13. Washington

5. Portland
12. Oklahoma City

2. Atlanta
15. Milwaukee

7. Dallas
10. Chicago

3. Memphis
14. New Orleans

6. LA Clippers
11. Toronto

Paul George 24
03-11-2015, 07:35 AM
TBH Cavs probably will win it all anyway, so who cares about records? Seriously, the whole East West thing gets old. This aint Biggie Tupac.
SPURS WILL SWEEP THE CAVS :lol

OmniStrife
03-11-2015, 08:04 AM
lol at leastern clowns saying records don't matter... :lol

Deltron3030
03-11-2015, 09:38 AM
If cavs were in the west, they would be closer to 9th seed due to a harder schedule actually.

toneloc103
03-11-2015, 09:39 AM
Yes they are. They completely stifle opposing offenses with their length and physicality.

Yes, GS plays at a breakneck pace, but they also play better defense than any of these eastern teams lauded for their physical defense. Just look at their personnel:

Green
Bogut
Iguodala
Thompson

Those guys are all elite defenders at their respective positions, with Green and Bogut being legit DPOY candidates. Curry, Barnes, and Livingston are also solid defenders.

whoa whoa whoa.. stop the clock. When did Thompson become an "elite" defender? green? a 6'7" PF/ really? Boguts injuries have limited him to being a rim defender at best. If he gets caught in a pick and roll? Yikes. iggy has also lost a ton of foot speed. he can no longer be considered an elite defender. c'mon son

ScarSymmetry
03-11-2015, 09:43 AM

It is indeed true. LeBron has been a part of stacked East teams that can coast up until the conference finals.

He could actually have a top 10 GOAT argument if he was in the current West all this time, but colluding in stacked East teams in this era really is an easy trip to the last 2 round.

Hate or love him, this is a fact.

nathanjizzle
03-11-2015, 10:56 AM

They'd be the 8th seed.

not, because west teams play east teams 40 percent of their schedule. with cavs percentages against west and east they would be a 6th seed in the west.:lol and thats accounting lebron being injured. if you really think the cavs would be an 8th seed in the west then you are just stupid. Like i said, they are the same caliber team as dallas clippers portland and houston, is that really hard to believe? especially when they are 3-2 against those teams.

Kingwillball
03-11-2015, 11:44 AM
not, because west teams play east teams 40 percent of their schedule. with cavs percentages against west and east they would be a 6th seed in the west.:lol and thats accounting lebron being injured. if you really think the cavs would be an 8th seed in the west then you are just stupid. Like i said, they are the same caliber team as dallas clippers portland and houston, is that really hard to believe? especially when they are 3-2 against those teams.

Cavs are definitely better than those teams at this point. Cavs are a top 5 team in NBA now forget all the other stuff the eye test and talent level say otherwise.

#number6ix#
03-11-2015, 01:03 PM
It's funny how anyone that plays with Lebron either becomes a superstar or scrub... Y'all haters and stans are lame as ****

Heavincent
03-11-2015, 01:05 PM
whoa whoa whoa.. stop the clock. When did Thompson become an "elite" defender? green? a 6'7" PF/ really? Boguts injuries have limited him to being a rim defender at best. If he gets caught in a pick and roll? Yikes. iggy has also lost a ton of foot speed. he can no longer be considered an elite defender. c'mon son

Pretty clear you haven't been paying attention at all. If all of these guys aren't that good on defense, then how come they're the #1 defense by a wide margin? You're talking out of your ass.

- Thompson has been one of the best defensive SG's since last year.

- lol do you not know anything about Draymond Green? He's a legit DPOY candidate you know. Can guard all 5 positions effectively, blocks shots, forces turnovers, etc.

- Bogut is an elite rim protector. No idea why you're questioning his defensive credentials.

- Iggy hasn't lost anything on the defensive end. Trust me, I've watched every Warriors game this year. He still destroys teams offenses with his long arms, intelligence, and lateral quickness.

Why are people so hesitant to admit that GS are the best defensive team in the league? I guess ignorant people just assume they're still merely a run n gun team. Look at the stats, watch their games and it becomes clear how good they are.

OPP FG%: 1st
OPP 3 PT%: 3rd
Steals: 4th
Blocks: 2nd
Defensive rating: 1st

Facts are clearly on my side. Eye test also proves my point.