PDA

View Full Version : How Much are Middleton and Dray Going to Make?

HurricaneKid
03-09-2015, 02:41 PM
Using the classic contract data these guys are run of the mill role players and would be due to get mid sized deals. But as the FOs throughout the league use analytics more and more guys like this become darlings.

The Bad:

Middleton is a second round draft pick who didn't start> 20 games this year for the Bucks. He avg 12.4/4.6/2.0.

Draymond is a second round pick who is avg 11.6/8.2.

The Good:

Midz is 6th in the NBA in RPM. His TS% is .572. Shoots .409 from 3 in his career. He has been by FAR the best measured defender from a guard position on the season.
Dray is 12th in RPM. Is getting DPOY consideration. Considered the backbone of the #1 seed.

I expect Middleton to get ~12-13M and Dray to get a near max/max deal from the Pistons. They are both RFAs. I think noth teams match pretty much anything.

IncarceratedBob
03-09-2015, 02:44 PM
With the cap going up and up I think Green is gonna get matched by Golden State, no one cares about Middleton so idk

HurricaneKid
03-09-2015, 02:56 PM
With the cap going up and up I think Green is gonna get matched by Golden State, no one cares about Middleton so idk

Why doesn't anyone care about Middleton? Because Bucks are gonna match or because you don't care about the best 3&D player in the league in a league that is going more and more to that role?

Levity
03-09-2015, 03:00 PM
Why doesn't anyone care about Middleton? Because Bucks are gonna match or because you don't care about the best 3&D player in the league in a league that is going more and more to that role?

im a fan. and i hope the lakers throw some feelers out there to see how much it would take a snag him from MIL

inclinerator
03-09-2015, 03:02 PM
1-2 million a year

HurricaneKid
03-09-2015, 03:05 PM
im a fan. and i hope the lakers throw some feelers out there to see how much it would take a snag him from MIL

I think the Bucks match most anything. They can't attract FAs themselves and Middleton is only 23 and matches their window (their cornerstone players are both 20 yrs old) in a needed role perfectly.

He also doesn't strike me as a guy LAL would be interested in. Partly because they are pretty much the only team out there with any interest in analytics but mostly because he isn't a sexy name.

HurricaneKid
03-09-2015, 03:07 PM
1-2 million a year

Your fat finger accidentally hit the - button. Which is on the other side of the computer. You must have really fat fingers.

inclinerator
03-09-2015, 03:07 PM
Your fat finger accidentally hit the - button. Which is on the other side of the computer. You must have really fat fingers.
lol

SwishSquared
03-09-2015, 03:33 PM
Any team that's not considering Middleton is making a mistake imo. Dray will get max-type money and get matched by GSW. Middleton I think can get a $52M/4 year deal, no problem. Milwaukee will match as well, if I had to guess. He's insanely underrated and a prototypical 3&D guy (hits > 50% from the corners!).

HurricaneKid
03-09-2015, 06:14 PM
Any team that's not considering Middleton is making a mistake imo. Dray will get max-type money and get matched by GSW. Middleton I think can get a $52M/4 year deal, no problem. Milwaukee will match as well, if I had to guess. He's insanely underrated and a prototypical 3&D guy (hits > 50% from the corners!).

I just find it fascinating that we are going to see how well regarded analytics guys fare in free agency this year. We'll see if this is something that GMs put their money behind or if they revert to making their offers based on raw stats and not efficiency, etc.