PDA

View Full Version : LMFAO that this is a foul

CavaliersFTW
03-09-2015, 04:14 PM
http://youtu.be/2zYZoNytj8I?t=3m20s

:roll:

"Tha Beard that was an EASY call. Right in front a the official!" (despite zero contact) :roll:

You could get chopped in the arm in a non NBA reffed basketball game and it usually isn't called a foul.

Speaking of which, you guys ever play those kids on the playground who only watch NBA basketball and try to call their own fouls, and try to call stuff like that? :lol

Sidenote, from the same highlights, how TF is this an assist:
http://youtu.be/2zYZoNytj8I?t=39s
He gave the ball to Patrick Beverly who proceeded to do all the work on his own ISO dribble drive. That's not an assist that's getting rid of the ball and letting someone else create their own shot I hope the NBA didn't tally that as an assist.

Im Still Ballin
03-09-2015, 04:16 PM
Give it a rest, old man

J Shuttlesworth
03-09-2015, 04:18 PM
Didn't take your zoloft today?

CavaliersFTW
03-09-2015, 04:23 PM
Give it a rest, old man

Didn't take your zoloft today?
Do you go around ISH looking for attention from every OP in every thread, or is it just me you who doesn't pay you rent?

Genaro
03-09-2015, 04:31 PM
Harden gets a lot of bogus calls, not exactly news.

Jud
03-09-2015, 04:34 PM
What are you new or something? Guys get AND1's everytime someone TOUCHES them on the elbow. I've seen it with Curry, Harden, LeBron, Klay, Wade, Dirk, etc.

navy
03-09-2015, 04:35 PM
Give it a rest, old man
CavsFTW isnt old. Just senile.

CavaliersFTW
03-09-2015, 04:38 PM
What are you new or something? Guys get AND1's everytime someone TOUCHES them on the elbow. I've seen it with Curry, Harden, LeBron, Klay, Wade, Dirk, etc.
Of course I'm not "new or something" it just looks so hilarious when they show it on slow motion and the announcers go "yep that's definitely an easy call, foul!".

In my opinion those fouls are almost as embarrassing as flops they shouldn't be slow-mo'ing that stuff and if they do the announcers should maybe be a bit more tight lipped about it. That was a late whistle and everything, all the ingredients of roll-your-eyes kind of 'foul'. It was a generous gift for Harden, definitely not a good call for upholding a positive reputation for NBA basketball.

StephHamann
03-09-2015, 04:40 PM
Of course I'm not "new or something" it just looks so hilarious when they show it on slow motion and the announcers go "yep that's definitely an easy call, foul!".

The Houston commentators are the 2nd worst in the league, only topped by that Cleveland hobo ***** without teeth "deep in the Q"

warriorfan
03-09-2015, 04:42 PM
http://youtu.be/2zYZoNytj8I?t=3m20s

"Tha Beard that was an EASY call. Right in front a the official!" (despite zero contact) :roll:

You could get chopped in the arm in a non NBA reffed basketball game and it usually isn't called a foul.

Speaking of which, you guys ever play those kids on the playground who only watch NBA basketball and try to call their own fouls, and try to call stuff like that? :lol

Sidenote, from the same highlights, how TF is this an assist:
http://youtu.be/2zYZoNytj8I?t=39s
He gave the ball to Patrick Beverly who proceeded to do all the work on his own ISO dribble drive. That's not an assist that's getting rid of the ball and letting someone else create their own shot I hope the NBA didn't tally that as an assist.

First of all that was the sorriest set of 'highlights' I have ever seen.

And yes these kids seriously have never even played basketball. They think this awful product is what real games are like. It's a good thing NBA has these ungodly players to make us watch despite their ridiculous rules.

CavaliersFTW
03-09-2015, 04:44 PM
The Houston commentators are the 2nd worst in the league, only topped by that Cleveland hobo ***** without teeth "deep in the Q"
:lol Austin Carr's enthusiasm would prob be annoying for an opposing fan to listen to but at least he's honest when questionable calls are made. He even sometimes says so while Fred McCleod tries to hush him up

J Shuttlesworth
03-09-2015, 04:49 PM
:lol Austin Carr's enthusiasm would prob be annoying for an opposing fan to listen to but at least he's honest when questionable calls are made. He even sometimes says so while Fred McCleod tries to hush him up
I'm rooting for the Cavs this year, and I'll watch the opponent's feed on ballstreams just to avoid Austin Carr :coleman:

RoundMoundOfReb
03-09-2015, 04:50 PM
Are you an idiot? That is an obvious foul. Try taking a shot with someone hitting your elbow like that.

CavaliersFTW
03-09-2015, 05:09 PM
Are you an idiot? That is an obvious foul. Try taking a shot with someone hitting your elbow like that.
He touched Harden's elbow with about the same pressure someone would use to wipe a baby's nose. After the shot was already released.

Marchesk
03-09-2015, 05:14 PM
He touched Harden's elbow with about the same pressure someone would use to wipe a baby's nose. After the shot was already released.

But it's not a soft era, according to the kids on ISH. :facepalm

Jud
03-09-2015, 05:26 PM
Never in a million years would I have guessed that the "Deep in the Q" guy's name was AUSTIN CARR. He sounds more like a... Quincy.

Rake2204
03-09-2015, 05:31 PM
To be completely honest, it takes but very minimal contact in the forearm to elbow region to illegally disrupt an attempted jump shot. Granted, it's a tough replay angle to see for certain (and the announcers did seem a little overzealous, expectedly) but I don't have much of a problem trusting the official's judgment on this one. If nothing else, Spencer Dinwiddie's playing with fire by having his entire hand within millimeters of Harden's forearm.

There's certain parts of a player's shooting arm that can handle more contact, and referees seem to mostly reflect that. Circumstantial contact with someone's follow-through hand, for instance, isn't usually an issue. Generally, whatever severely effects the shooting process will tend to get a call, as it should. And even slight contact on someone's forearm during the latter stages of the shooting process will, in fact, negatively effect the shot.

noob cake
03-09-2015, 05:32 PM
You know touching arm of shooter while in shooting motion (yes even after release) is an automatic foul right?