PDA

View Full Version : Bleacher Report: Thibs will get fired?

JonatanRey
03-10-2015, 11:05 AM
This Ric Bucher suggests Chicago may let Thibodeau go after this season, no matter what happens in the post season.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2386333-bucher-buzz-where-could-tom-thibodeau-land-if-hes-driven-out-of-chicago?utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=share&utm_campaign=web-des-art-top-19

I really can't believe it. What else do you want from a coach? This guy has got miracles in the city of Chicago.

Knicksfever2010
03-10-2015, 11:06 AM
Phil jackson NEEDS to get him

El Kabong
03-10-2015, 11:08 AM
Phil jackson NEEDS to get him
Shame he stupidly gave a 5 year deal to Fisher.

Anyway, this and guys like Jim Harbaugh show that no matter how successful you are, if you clash with management they won't put their egos aside for team success.

OnFire
03-10-2015, 11:13 AM
In other words, owners gonna own.

Haymaker
03-10-2015, 11:14 AM
Thibs won't be unemployed for long.

SwishSquared
03-10-2015, 11:27 AM
Shouldn't they at least try to trade him, a la Doc Rivers? He would clearly get another HC job next summer if Bulls fire him.

FreezingTsmoove
03-10-2015, 11:27 AM
Thibs is the exact coach that defines Chicago. No excuses, work your ass off to the point of injury, and rough. Not too mention he got shooters ;)

beastee
03-10-2015, 11:40 AM
As much as I dislike this idea...at least players minutes in the regular season will get managed better. Who would the Bulls hire though?

hawksdogsbraves
03-10-2015, 12:05 PM
As much as I dislike this idea...at least players minutes in the regular season will get managed better. Who would the Bulls hire though?

Almost definitely a worse coach than Thibs

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
03-10-2015, 12:06 PM
Feels like I'm repeating myself, but as long as the Bulls can hire another elite coach ONLY THEN should they consider it. Firing Thibs for a run-of-the-mill / inexperienced coach would set Chicago back a couple of years.

hawksdogsbraves
03-10-2015, 12:11 PM
Feels like I'm repeating myself, but as long as the Bulls can hire another elite coach ONLY THEN should they consider it. Firing Thibs for a run-of-the-mill / inexperienced coach would set Chicago back a couple of years.

They may not have a choice at this point, Thibs is probably as fed up with management as they are with him, (if these rumors are true).

Not like he couldn't get another job.

gts
03-10-2015, 12:19 PM
Ric Bucher "I've been told by people within the Kobe camp that Kobe will never ever wear Purple and Gold again"

ImKobe
03-10-2015, 12:28 PM
Ric Bucher "I've been told by people within the Kobe camp that Kobe will never ever wear Purple and Gold again"

Ric Puker :facepalm

SwishSquared
03-10-2015, 12:35 PM
Almost definitely a worse coach than Thibs
Would Gentry be in the mix in Chicago? They'd need a good defensive assistant, though, somebody like Ron Adams. Trolling aside, idk what direction this team wants to go in. I feel like if Thibs is gone, they would get a completely different style of coach.

salwan
03-10-2015, 12:36 PM
he will go to the pelicans

BarberSchool
03-10-2015, 12:37 PM
Thibs is the exact coach that defines Chicago. No excuses, work your ass off to the point of injury, and rough. Not too mention he got shooters ;):roll: :cheers: Where you from, man ?

I<3NBA
03-10-2015, 12:52 PM
OKC be like: We love Scott Brooks

IncarceratedBob
03-10-2015, 01:31 PM
Bulls would get Izzo

StephHamann
03-10-2015, 01:38 PM

Mike Dantoni baby!

TheMan
03-10-2015, 03:14 PM
Certainly wouldn't be the first idiotic thing the Bulls FO has done...like in 98 when they were so eager to blow up the team even though they had just won their 6th title. :facepalm

coin24
03-10-2015, 03:16 PM
Bulls front office:lol :lol

Beastmode88
03-10-2015, 03:31 PM
Bulls FO. :roll: :roll: :roll:

poido123
03-10-2015, 04:09 PM
Lol at the posters calling out our FO.

We have the players and talent, but each year thibs mismanages players and we end up with injury after injury, burning out by the playoffs and no other gear but full speed in the reg season.

Thibs is a great defensive coach, but his rotations stink, his:minutes management is atrocious and he doesn't know what to do with an offense other than high screens at the top of the key for the guards to penetrate.

I'd rather stink than have a coach who leads us to second round/eastern conference losses.

navy
03-10-2015, 04:11 PM
I'd rather stink than have a coach who leads us to second round/eastern conference losses.
:biggums:

poido123
03-10-2015, 05:51 PM
:biggums:

You don't support your team to win Championships?

Anything less is settling for mediocre.

AnaheimLakers24
03-10-2015, 05:58 PM
You don't support your team to win Championships?

Anything less is settling for mediocre.
Lol you guys expect to much. You're not the lakers dude. Be lucky jordan got you 6.

FireDavidKahn
03-10-2015, 06:09 PM
I would give my let nut to get him here in Minny. He would get his own budding superstar along with a top 5 pick, some other nice some talent and a team that needs defensive coaching so badly.

SwishSquared
03-10-2015, 06:43 PM
Haven't listened to the entire thing but in a recent podcast, Simmons told Zach Lowe that he can see Thibs going to New Orleans. No idea who'd replace him in Chicago, but Thibs + an offensive assistant would make New Orleans very scary. Doubt NOP have the money to get Ron Adams & Gentry from the Warriors, but I could actually see them get the former and Mike D'Antoni (assuming he would assistant coach). Pretty sure he & Thibs served as assistants on Coach K's staff for Team USA in the past.

I would give my let nut to get him here in Minny. He would get his own budding superstar along with a top 5 pick, some other nice some talent and a team that needs defensive coaching so badly.
Thibs would also be great in Minny. He'd do nothing to curb their minutes, though. Flip's playing Wiggins & Rubio too much and I think their play is suffering as a result late in games.

coin24
03-10-2015, 08:13 PM
Take the L on this one poido, the Bulls FO are retarded if they can thibs..
Most teams would beg to have him.

Blue&Orange
03-10-2015, 09:06 PM
OKC trades Durant, Bulls fire Thibs and Pelicans will use amnesty clause on Anthony Davis, true story, my sauces tell me this.

Hotlantadude81
03-10-2015, 10:34 PM
This Ric Bucher suggests Chicago may let Thibodeau go after this season, no matter what happens in the post season.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2386333-bucher-buzz-where-could-tom-thibodeau-land-if-hes-driven-out-of-chicago?utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=share&utm_campaign=web-des-art-top-19

I really can't believe it. What else do you want from a coach? This guy has got miracles in the city of Chicago.

They will probably hire the coach that got fired from the Kings.

rezznor
03-10-2015, 11:30 PM
Worked out great for Denver...

tamaraw08
03-11-2015, 12:21 AM
Would Gentry be in the mix in Chicago? They'd need a good defensive assistant, though, somebody like Ron Adams. Trolling aside, idk what direction this team wants to go in. I feel like if Thibs is gone, they would get a completely different style of coach.

I read that that is one of the huge reasons why Thibs and MGT are feuding, that they didn't renew Adams' contract and Thibs love him.
I don't agree with Thibs' idea of overplaying his key pieces and the lack of great offensive system but if he goes, they better have a very good replacement. Please don't gamble on an unproven tactician.

Harison
03-11-2015, 12:32 AM
Thibs would instantly get another job, but with whom Bulls going to replace him?.. There are like few better coaches in NBA, and I doubt Bulls going to get anyone of them.