PDA

View Full Version : Which SFs would you take over Lebron?

Im Still Ballin
03-10-2015, 02:19 PM
None

The answer is none

If you say Larry I will slap you

Marchesk
03-10-2015, 02:20 PM
Elgin Baylor

imdaman99
Larry Legend. Come see me, btch

That does NOT mean send me dck pics ok

RoundMoundOfReb
None. No one. 0. Nobody.

Im Still Ballin
Give me your reasoning and I will destroy your argument INSTANTLY

IncarceratedBob
03-10-2015, 02:21 PM
Who would take Larry Johnson over LeBron James? Is you stupid?

riseagainst
Larry.

navy
Larry

RoundMoundOfReb
03-10-2015, 02:22 PM
Elgin Baylor
Maybe if we're talking about who would be the GOAT Janitor in the modern era.

Fudge
You were better spamming the board with DeMarcus stuff.

Now you're just another fish in the sea with the other shitty LeBron trolls. Come on, G! You better den dis.

Demitri98
Depends on the team I already have.

Do I already have a star player along with a good team capable of winning without said SF? Pippen.

Do I already have a good team but need a star player? LeBron.

Do I have a star and good team, but need that last piece in order to win? Bird.

Im Still Ballin
03-10-2015, 02:25 PM
Lebron is LITERALLY twice the player Larry Bird is

More Athletic

Better defender

Better offensive player

More intangibles

Equal passers

riseagainst
03-10-2015, 02:27 PM

More Athletic

Better defender

Better offensive player

More intangibles

Equal passers

lebron does not average 48 points, 20 rebounds and 14 assists for his career. You dumb piece of sh1t fakkit.

jayfan
03-10-2015, 02:29 PM
Depends on the team I already have.

Do I already have a star player along with a good team capable of winning without said SF? Pippen.

Do I already have a good team but need a star player? LeBron.

Do I have a star and good team, but need that last piece in order to win? Bird.

Do I need an Alpha? Bird.

OldSchoolBBall
Bird only.

EDIT: Bird would sh!t on Lebron. Believe that.

Marchesk

More Athletic

So were Dr J and Dominique and a bunch of other small forwards in the 80s.

Better defender

Lebron is better here.

Better offensive player

Not at Larry's peak. It's close. I might give Bird the slight advantage here.

More intangibles

Nah. Nobody beats Bird at intangibles.

Equal passers

Probably.

Im Still Ballin
03-10-2015, 02:30 PM
How dare you talk to the King like that

SugarHill
03-10-2015, 02:30 PM
Bird
Dr J
Pippen
Baylor
Havlicek
Nique
Dantley
Worthy
Barry
King
English
Mullen
Kiki
Cunningham
Arizin
Ariza
Hill

brought to by kizzle

24-Inch_Chrome
03-10-2015, 02:33 PM
Bird should be the only player being mentioned in this thread.

Marchesk
03-10-2015, 02:33 PM
Barry did win a championship with the least support of all-time.

Marchesk
03-10-2015, 02:34 PM
Bird should be the only player being mentioned in this thread.

Prime Dr J has an argument.

Im Still Ballin
What is with this forum and ****ing idiots

Driving me insane

Gonna explode and be banned soon

Lebron is better than Larry.

Lebron is the 2nd best perimeter player of all time

He was a child prodigy

He surpassed the hype

He is the most athletic NBA player of all time

He is one of the best passers of all time

He has the record RAPM

Just in that other thread about Shaq from 2000-2002 and his RAPM, him being goat peak PEOPLE BLINDLY IGNORE THAT LEBRON HAS THE 2 HIGHER RAPMs. Lebron 2011-2013 IS JUST AS GOOD AS SHAQS 2 YEAR RUN.

Beastmode88
Bird. Played vs show time. Lebron played vs 22 year old alfred and 38 year old tim duncan. 0 competition in the east. (in before drose)

RoundMoundOfReb
03-10-2015, 02:35 PM
What is with this forum and ****ing idiots

Driving me insane

Gonna explode and be banned soon

He was a child prodigy

He surpassed the hype

He is the most athletic NBA player of all time

He is one of the best passers of all time

He has the record RAPM

Just in that other thread about Shaq from 2000-2002 and his RAPM, him being goat peak PEOPLE BLINDLY IGNORE THAT LEBRON HAS THE 2 HIGHER RAPMs. Lebron 2011-2013 IS JUST AS GOOD AS SHAQS 2 YEAR RUN.
Sensational post. LeBron is without a doubt going down as the 2nd GOAT perimeter player.

Im Still Ballin
beastmode your input means LITERALLY nothing on this forum

99% of your posts are complete trolling bullshit

Stop posting in my threads and wasting my time

Marchesk
Bird. Played vs show time. Lebron played vs 22 year old alfred and 38 year old tim duncan. 0 competition in the east. (in before drose)

Not only that, but the first half of the 80s had a loaded 76ers team and a very good Bucks team in the East, then the second half had a very athletic Hawks team, and the emergence of the Pistons.

dubeta
03-10-2015, 02:36 PM
Considering LeBron is better than prime bird and prime jordan combined, there's no question that he's not only the best SF, but the best perimeter player of all time

Marchesk
03-10-2015, 02:38 PM

Lebron will go down better than Larry because:

1. Larry's back gave out, cutting his career short.

2. Lebron is the better defender.

But at Larry's peak, it's very close. Dude was incredible. You wouldn't go wrong picking Larry over Lebron if we're comparing peaks.

SugarHill
03-10-2015, 02:40 PM

But at Larry's peak, it's very close. Dude was incredible. You wouldn't go wrong picking Larry over Lebron if we're comparing peaks.
Forget peaks, old broken down Bird was a 20/10/7 player :biggums:

Im Still Ballin
03-10-2015, 02:41 PM

1. Lebron has already surpassed Larry
2. Lebron is going down as better because HE IS better, not because Larry's back gave out. Lebron for most of his career has been the greatest talent to step foot on a court, if not tied with MJ and possibly Wilt.
3. Damn right Lebron is the better defender... 80's defense was horrifically terrible

24-Inch_Chrome
03-10-2015, 02:41 PM

How did the quality of the ABA stack up to the NBA? His numbers took a hit immediately following the merger, though they rebounded to a degree.

Beastmode88
03-10-2015, 02:44 PM
1. Lebron has already surpassed Larry
2. Lebron is going down as better because HE IS better, not because Larry's back gave out. Lebron for most of his career has been the greatest talent to step foot on a court, if not tied with MJ and possibly Wilt.
3. Damn right Lebron is the better defender... 80's defense was horrifically terrible

Name 5 of Lebron's top competition he's faced.

Trollsmasher
Not a single one

OP destroying the pleb in this thread

StephHamann
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flT88MH8hAM

Beastmode88
03-10-2015, 02:47 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flT88MH8hAM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Rg1sFMxnbM

Im Still Ballin
03-10-2015, 02:48 PM
Name 5 of Lebron's top competition he's faced.
1. Boston
2. San Antonio
3. Chicago
4. Indiana
5. Detroit

All of these teams during their interactions with Lebron have been ELITE defenses

Not this 90's bullshit defense.

REAL defense

Marchesk
03-10-2015, 02:49 PM
How did the quality of the ABA stack up to the NBA? His numbers took a hit immediately following the merger, though they rebounded to a degree.

True, but it's been pointed out by people presumably in the know that Dr J joined a bunch of ball hoggers on the 76ers, so he took a team role.

He was the first perimiter player since Oscar to win an MVP in 80/81.

24.6/8/4.4/2.1/1.8 on 52.1% as a 30 year old. Pretty good. Not his peak, though.

StephHamann
03-10-2015, 02:49 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Rg1sFMxnbM

http://libertycitys.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/Screenshot-2015-03-02-at-11.31.42-AM.png

Beastmode88
03-10-2015, 02:51 PM
1. Boston
2. San Antonio
3. Chicago
4. Indiana
5. Detroit

All of these teams during their interactions with Lebron have been ELITE defenses

REAL defense

You're saying those teams were better than Showtime, pistons, bulls and the hawks? :biggums:

24-Inch_Chrome
03-10-2015, 02:58 PM
True, but it's been pointed out by people presumably in the know that Dr J joined a bunch of ball hoggers on the 76ers, so he took a team role.

He was the first perimiter player since Oscar to win an MVP in 80/81.

24.6/8/4.4/2.1/1.8 on 52.1% as a 30 year old. Pretty good. Not his peak, though.

Interesting about the situation with joining the 76ers, I didn't know that. Though he didn't win the MVP he had better numbers in 1979-1980, 26.9/7.4/4.6/2.2/1.8 on 51.9%.

I also found it interesting that he was an all-star in every year that he played...I'm not sure exactly how rare that is though.

knicksman
03-10-2015, 08:03 PM

More Athletic

Better defender

Better offensive player

More intangibles

Equal passers

2/5<<3/5

KrizMiz
03-10-2015, 08:04 PM
Ron Artest

G0ATbe
03-10-2015, 08:10 PM
Bird
Pippen
Durant
Kawhi
Melo
Worthy
Dr J
P George

in no order

oarabbus
03-10-2015, 08:11 PM

Bird >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Dr J

colts19
03-10-2015, 08:18 PM
1. Boston
2. San Antonio
3. Chicago
4. Indiana
5. Detroit

REAL defense

I see you have Indiana on your list. I have been a pacers fan for 40 years and I can tell you for sure the pacer team you referring to could not hold a candle to the 86 Celtics defense.

Oh and Bird was better.

Dro
03-10-2015, 08:21 PM
Bird and Bird only. Like others said, he's just more alpha and if I need a #1 guy at that position that can be unstoppable if he needs to, especially in the clutch, I'm going with Larry. I don't feel Lebron is really unstoppable not even his great performances against the Pistions...I just feel like they kinda happened.....With Larry I got the feeling he could do that whenever necessary....He can play in any era, he was already basically the slowest superstar in a era with GOATS like Magic, Jordan, and everyone else,...

He plays today and you can't touch him? Shooting 3's all game? Any exaggerated contact is a foul today? He's shooting 10+ free throws a game, easily...

I'm not taking anyone else over Lebron. I may have to think for a long while about Dr. J but I'd probably take Lebron...

PsychoBe
03-10-2015, 08:22 PM
the best sf of all time can only manage a 2/5 finals record?

pauk
03-10-2015, 08:24 PM
I wouldnt whine to much if i got Bird instead, except for that, nobody.

Beastmode88
03-10-2015, 08:24 PM
Bird and Bird only. Like others said, he's just more alpha and if I need a #1 guy at that position that can be unstoppable if he needs to, especially in the clutch, I'm going with Larry. I don't feel Lebron is really unstoppable not even his great performances against the Pistions...I just feel like they kinda happened.....With Larry I got the feeling he could do that whenever necessary....He can play in any era, he was already basically the slowest superstar in a era with GOATS like Magic, Jordan, and everyone else,...

He plays today and you can't touch him? Shooting 3's all game? Any exaggerated contact is a foul today? He's shooting 10+ free throws a game, easily...

I'm not taking anyone else over Lebron. I may have to think for a long while about Dr. J but I'd probably take Lebron...

Bird was a closer.. while lebron was getting closed out.

pauk
03-10-2015, 08:25 PM
the best sf of all time can only manage a 2/5 finals record?

Seriously need to stop with that joke already, its old and it always made you/anybody look stupid considering a Finals Loss is better than a 1st round loss or even missing playoffs, thats not more prestigious, because thats what it would take for Lebron to be 2/2 instead... which doesnt add to his legacy, but takes away, considering its 3 less Finals Appearances....

2/5 is better than 2/2

2/10 is better than 2/2, 2/5.

2/20 is better than 2/2, 2/5, 2/10.

bizil
03-10-2015, 08:28 PM
Bird would be the only one I'd consider peak value wise. But GOAT wise, I would also consider Dr. J if u count his ABA career. When u throw in Doc's ABA career, he has a GREAT CASE to be the GOAT SF in my opinion. But eventually, Bron is gonna be far and away the GOAT SF!

Prime_Shaq
03-10-2015, 08:29 PM
Larry Drew

Beastmode88
03-10-2015, 08:30 PM
Seriously need to stop with that joke already, its old and it always made you/anybody look stupid considering a Finals Loss is better than a 1st round loss or even missing playoffs, thats not more prestigious, because thats what it would take for Lebron to be 2/2 instead... which doesnt add to his legacy, but takes away, considering its 3 less Finals Appearances....

Lebron James' 4th quarter stats with SA Spurs in 2014 finals

GM 1: 2 points, 1-3 fg, 0-0 3pt, 0-0 ft
GM 2: 8 points, 2-4 fg, 1-1 3pt, 3-4 ft
GM 3: 4 points, 2-4 fg, 0-1 3pt, 0-0 ft
GM 4: 0 points, 0-2 fg, 0-2 3pt, 0-0 ft
GM 5: 4 points, 2-3 fg, 0-1 3pt, 0-0 ft

greatest player in the world had 0 impact while being closed out in the finals. :rolleyes:

PsychoBe
03-10-2015, 08:30 PM

it's not how many times you show up, it's how many times you win. how can you brag about going to the finals more if all you did was lose over and over? you might as well have been a first round exit because you get the exact same thing they get....nothing :oldlol:

KungFuJoe
03-10-2015, 08:31 PM
Bird >>>>>>>> Bran

pauk
03-10-2015, 08:31 PM
Lebron James' 4th quarter stats with SA Spurs in 2014 finals

GM 1: 2 points, 1-3 fg, 0-0 3pt, 0-0 ft
GM 2: 8 points, 2-4 fg, 1-1 3pt, 3-4 ft
GM 3: 4 points, 2-4 fg, 0-1 3pt, 0-0 ft
GM 4: 0 points, 0-2 fg, 0-2 3pt, 0-0 ft
GM 5: 4 points, 2-3 fg, 0-1 3pt, 0-0 ft

greatest player in the world had 0 impact while being closed out in the finals. :rolleyes:

Yes, that you can attack, bad games, bad series... no problem...

But Finals appearance logic, the "x of x in Finals" logic is pure stupidness....

PsychoBe
03-10-2015, 08:38 PM
Yes, that you can attack, bad games, bad series... no problem...

But Finals appearance logic, the "x of x in Finals" logic is pure stupidness....

nope just broke it down to you.

bizil
03-10-2015, 08:38 PM
I think the interesting thing about Lebron is that for all the flack he catches for his scoring, he still has a career scoring average of 27.4 points. So CLEARLY he's a great scorer. But it's just the manner that Bird would take a game by the throat that's the difference. So that's why if both were on the same team, Bird would be the number one scoring option. Which would work PERFECT with Bron's style of play.

Beastmode88
03-10-2015, 08:39 PM
Imagine if Lebron had to play vs the bad boys or show time. He wouldn't even make the finals. Their mental toughness does not even compare.

pauk
03-10-2015, 08:40 PM
it's not how many times you show up, it's how many times you win. how can you brag about going to the finals more if all you did was lose over and over? you might as well have been a first round exit because you get the exact same thing they get....nothing :oldlol:

No, thats not something you individually can control, so its only about how well you individually performed baring the context.... if the player didnt do that only then can you use that against him, like Lebron's 11 Finals......... in the rest of them he was absolutely flawless and one of them (2007) he gets a pass for overachieving as a 20-21 year old with the worst supporting cast in NBA history to be in a Finals... against one of the best teams ever in Spurs...

Thats ALL you can control, yourself, the rest is completely out of your hands considering this is a team game and you cant control how well your teammates shoot, score, rebound, pass, dribble and defend.... This is not TENNIS.... 1 vs 1.... if it was, then Lebron would have won every single Finals....

Jerry West or Elgin Baylor for example dont have a single bad Finals in their career and they are one of / if not the best Finals performers ever... Jerry is 1 of 8 and Elgin has been there millions of times aswell..... you cant hold that against them....

So why did they lose? Again... this is a team game, the best player in the NBA / best performer in that Finals NEVER wins the Finals IF THE OPPOSING TEAM IS BETTER THAN YOU....

Thats why....... your "X of X in Finals" logic is absolutely pure stupidness and completely disrespectful towards ANY player & ANY team in NBA history......

warriorfan
03-10-2015, 08:40 PM
I'm Still Beta <3 LeBeta...what a surprise...tru betas stick together

:oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

PsychoBe
03-10-2015, 08:48 PM
No, thats not something you individually can control, so its only about how well you individually performed baring the context.... if the player didnt do that only then can you use that against him, like Lebron's 11 Finals......... in the rest of them he was absolutely flawless and one of them (2007) he gets a pass for overachieving as a 20-21 year old with the worst supporting cast in NBA history to be in a Finals... against one of the best teams ever in Spurs...

Thats ALL you can control, yourself, the rest is completely out of your hands considering this is a team game and you cant control how well your teammates shoot, score, rebound, pass, dribble and defend.... This is not TENNIS.... 1 vs 1.... if it was, then Lebron would have won every single Finals....

Jerry West or Elgin Baylor for example dont have a single bad Finals in their career and they are one of / if not the best Finals performers ever... Jerry is 1 of 8 and Elgin has been there millions of times aswell.....

So why did they lose? Again... this is a team game, the best player in the NBA / best performer in that Finals NEVER wins the Finals IF THE OPPOSING TEAM IS BETTER THAN YOU....

Thats why....... your "X of X in Finals" logic is absolutely pure stupidness and completely disrespectful towards ANY player & ANY team in NBA history......

so the player individually controlled themselves winning round 1, the semis, and the conference finals, but when the player is needed the most on the biggest and they can't deliver suddenly it's a team game?

excuses.

bran is responsible for some of the worst finals losses in the past decade.

he got swept in 07' and his performance was beyond putrid. shot less than 40%, averaged more turnovers than assists, shot jacked his team out of games, and was almost literally invisible in the clutch.

we all know what happened in 11'.

and this past year he cramped out of a game, told his team "follow my lead" into a season ending loss at san antonio, got out-performed by kawhi leonard, and played non-existent defense.

larry was better.

pauk
03-10-2015, 08:56 PM
Bird was a closer.. while lebron was getting closed out.

Larry Bird being more clutch than Lebron is factually just a myth....

Bird has hit 15 gamewinners.... Lebron has 21... including more GW's in playoffs.... he is tied with Reggie Miller & only behind Kobe & Jordan in most gamewinners hit, all time....

Lebron had also much more gamewinning defensive stops, if that matters....

Lebron has also averaged/produced far more points in "clutch situations" (5 minutes or less in 4th/OT, neither team ahead by more than 5 points)....

The only place where Larry Bird has factually been more clutch at is at freethrow line, logically as he shot about 15% more accurate FT shooter......

Larry had some nicer gamewinning shots though, more perimeter jumpshots where as Lebron had more GW's from closer in.

This is all facts and i will be happy to provide them for you if you dont believe me?

PsychoBe
03-10-2015, 08:58 PM
Larry Bird being more clutch than Lebron is factually just a myth....

Bird has hit 15 gamewinners.... Lebron has 21... including more GW's in playoffs.... he is tied with Reggie Miller & only behind Kobe & Jordan in most gamewinners hit, all time....

Lebron had also much more gamewinning defensive stops, if that matters....

Lebron has also averaged/produced far more points in "clutch situations" (5 minutes or less in 4th/OT, neither team ahead by more than 5 points)....

The only place where Larry Bird has factually been more clutch at is at freethrow line, logically as he shot about 15% more accurate FT shooter......

Larry had some nicer gamewinning shots though, more perimeter jumpshots where as Lebron had more GW's from closer in.

This is all facts and i will be happy to provide them for you if you dont believe me?

being clutch is more than gamewinners :facepalm

you can be clutch by closing a game out with 3 minutes left in the 4th quarter by sparking a run. stop it pauk.

2010splash
03-10-2015, 09:04 PM
Bird only.

EDIT: Bird would sh!t on Lebron. Believe that.
:roll: :eek: :oldlol: :applause:

I wish this forum had sigs. Worst and funniest post ever at the same time.

This guy would "sh!t" on LeBron according to him:

http://cdn2.ioffer.com/img/item/701/887/71/i7s9Pv8nYxH0ml8.jpg

ROFLMAO!!!! :roll:

2010splash
03-10-2015, 09:05 PM
Why you people overrate guys like Larry Bird and Magic Johnson is beyond me.

LeBron is 10x better than Bird ever was. He would beat him with one arm tied behind his back.

I would take Durant to whoop Bird 10 times out of 10 as well. Durant is the second greatest SF ever after LeBron.

Put Bird in today's league and he would get absolutely embarrassed.

Bird was fat, slow, weak, and could not jump at all. Horrible shooting form/mechanics and a terribly slow release. Not to mention he was a massive liability on defense too.

Marchesk
03-10-2015, 09:52 PM
Is there anyway we can vote to ban posters for egregious nonsense? There's been a lot of it lately. Just like a two day ban maybe with an avy of shame for the week after they're back. Kind of like a scarlet letter.

LoneyROY7
03-10-2015, 09:56 PM
OP, you gonna keep all those Ls for yourself?

Prime_Shaq
03-10-2015, 10:45 PM
Why you people overrate guys like Larry Bird and Magic Johnson is beyond me.

LeBron is 10x better than Bird ever was. He would beat him with one arm tied behind his back.

I would take Durant to whoop Bird 10 times out of 10 as well. Durant is the second greatest SF ever after LeBron.

Put Bird in today's league and he would get absolutely embarrassed.

Bird was fat, slow, weak, and could not jump at all. Horrible shooting form/mechanics and a terribly slow release. Not to mention he was a massive liability on defense too.
Nostalgia is one thing but this is just plain stupidity