PDA

View Full Version : Excessive NBA nostalgia

King Jane
03-10-2015, 04:12 PM
http://www.quickmeme.com/img/ec/ec7e9fd14c73ab522dd56668bd155962c5408aa05fb4fd2022 9b29bce328b683.jpg

aight insidehoops lets make a deal

one thread for all topics about nba history to keep the old folks isolated an happy everyone wins

mj wilt shaq they are retired you can go to the history thread if you are having a bad day

lets keep the nba forum about strictly modern hoops talk thanks

G0ATbe
03-10-2015, 04:17 PM
Agreed.

RoundMoundOfReb
03-10-2015, 04:18 PM
sensational post

kurple
03-10-2015, 04:22 PM
red bars taking over the nba board

24-Inch_Chrome
03-10-2015, 04:24 PM
Agreed.

You do realize that your idol has one season left before he joins them in retirement, right?

rhowen4
03-10-2015, 04:24 PM
Yes, I miss how insidehoops used to be. Threads used to contain way more pertinent information.

It's really irritating when people bring up the past as if it's relevent, so I'm on board with your idea King Jane.

SugarHill
03-10-2015, 04:25 PM
craig david

LEFT4DEAD
03-10-2015, 04:25 PM
Just wait till Kobe retires. :rolleyes:

kurple
03-10-2015, 04:26 PM
craig david
7 days is a classic

DonDadda59
03-10-2015, 04:28 PM
Yes. Let's talk about all the skinny, pasty, off-white/beige nigguhs running the league now. My favorite is Steph Curry. You?

SugarHill
03-10-2015, 04:29 PM
Yes. Let's talk about all the skinny, pasty, off-white/beige nigguhs running the league now. My favorite is Steph Curry. You?
that boy Lavine got bounce

RoundMoundOfReb
03-10-2015, 04:30 PM

That Steph Curry is just a "6'3 Reggie Miller", right? GTFO gramps.

G0ATbe
03-10-2015, 04:30 PM
You do realize that your idol has one season left before he joins them in retirement, right?
I'm done with this site and watching basketball anyway when Godbe's gone.

SugarHill
03-10-2015, 04:31 PM
7 days is a classic
what's your flava >>>

DonDadda59
03-10-2015, 04:32 PM
That Steph Curry is just a "6'3 Reggie Miller", right? GTFO gramps.

Sodium levels too high here. You're a Klay Thompson man I take it :lol

nba_55
03-10-2015, 04:46 PM
I agree with OP. Mods, it's time to take action.

StrongLurk
03-10-2015, 04:47 PM

tar poison

King Jane
03-10-2015, 04:50 PM
http://zipmeme.com/uploads/generated/g1344545798498673827.jpg

Marchesk
03-10-2015, 04:53 PM
Great suggestion. Let's do the same for Lebron and Kobe. Keep that shit to one thread as well.

RoundMoundOfReb
03-10-2015, 04:54 PM
http://zipmeme.com/uploads/generated/g1344545798498673827.jpg
:roll:

King Jane
03-10-2015, 05:09 PM
someone lock 3ball in an throw away the key dude is shackled to mjs sack

poido123
03-10-2015, 05:44 PM
Don't encourage him :facepalm

OP is a Thread thrasher

Fire Colangelo
03-10-2015, 05:45 PM
Kind of agree.

Obviously there are several older posters who are very objective, and provide good information for posters who didn't see 80's basketball. But there are a couple who are just stuck in the past.

King Jane
03-10-2015, 05:54 PM
Don't encourage him :facepalm

OP is a Thread thrasher
um what is a thread thrasher you dont know me mate

KNOW1EDGE
03-10-2015, 06:01 PM
God, you sound like such a fuhcking millenial who thinks he knows everything and has no respect for those who came before him.

Why don't we just make a "25 and under forum" for all the children with red bars who only want to acknowledge the present and pretend that Michael Jordan sucks and Westbrook is the best pg of all time?

Sounds fair to me

Done_And_Done
03-10-2015, 06:40 PM
craig david

This

Euroleague
03-10-2015, 09:35 PM
I don't think it would be necessary if we had good mods, but the mods here endlessly play favorites and that is the whole problem.

One person makes one thread about Kobe, LeBron, international basketball, old school NBA, etc. and they get their thread deleted immediately and if they dare complain about it, a 30 day ban comes down for no reason and without any explanation as to why. These would be legit threads also.

On the other hand, a certain group of TROLLS, can endlessly clutter the living hell out of the forum with such threads by the dozens upon dozens, almost all of them, or even all of them being blatant TROLL threads, and never even once get a thread deleted, locked, or moved. And never one time do these mega colossal TROLLS ever get even a 3 day ban.

The whole problem is the way that the mods just allow a certain select group of TROLLS (we all know they are) to just litter the forum with such threads, while other posters can't even make a single such thread without the same mods attacking them.

So yes, because the mods are such childish babies, the site absolutely does need to put some kind of limitation on certain posters.

Like Milbuck can only have a thread about Antetokounmpo and that is it.

CavsFTW can only have one thread for old school NBA and that is it.

Rooster, Milbuck, qrich, etc., etc., all the clowns postings DOZENS of threads about Euroleague, European basketball, international basketball, Spanoulis, etc. that are ALL TROLL THREADS can't be allowed to do it.

Posters that just post non-stop Kobe and LeBron TROLL threads, etc.

Posters that make a dozen RACIST threads a day like, "name the best all white team", or "is Blake Griffin a ginger or a darkie?" (yeah we get hundreds of these threads here and if you complain about it, YOU get banned by the creepy mods.)

In other words, since the jerk mods can't behave like anything but 10 year olds, then the site should have mandatory built in ways to PREVENT the mods from ruining the site due to their being ASSHOLES.

I have suggested things like this to Jeff over and over, that if he won't change the creeps that he has as mods, then at least put in some built in measures to simply prevent the mods from dictating everything......nothing is ever done.

But yes, simply setting it up to where there are LIMITS on what the obvious TROLLS can do would eliminate the way the mods play god here and decide that they will let certain TROLLS just endlessly get to troll and then the rest of us can't even start a thread without getting banned.

It's totally baffling why this isn't done.

Milbuck
03-10-2015, 09:37 PM
I don't think it would be necessary but the mods here endlessly play favorites and that is the whole problem.

One person makes one thread about Kobe, LeBron, international basketball, old school NBA, etc. and they get their thread deleted immediately and if they dare complain about it, a 30 day ban comes down for no reason and without any explanation as to why. These would be legit threads also.

On the other hand, a certain group of TROLLS, can endlessly clutter the living hell out of the forum with such threads by the dozens upon dozens, almost all of them, or even all of them being blatant TROLL threads, and never even once get a thread deleted, locked, or moved. And never one time do these mega colossal TROLLS ever get even a 3 day ban.

The whole problem is the way that the mods just allow a certain select group of TROLLS (we all know they are) to just litter the forum with such threads, while other posters can't even make a single such thread without the same mods attacking them.

So yes, because the mods are such childish babies, the site absolutely does need to put some kind of limitation on certain posters.

Like Milbuck can only have a thread about Antetokounmpo and that is it.

CavsFTW can only have one thread for old school NBA and that is it.

Rooster, Milbuck, qrich, etc., etc., all the clowns postings DOZENS of threads about Euroleague, European basketball, international basketball, Spanoulis, etc. that are ALL TROLL THREADS can't be allowed to do it.

Posters that just post non-stop Kobe and LeBron TROLL threads, etc.

Posters that make a dozen RACIST threads a day like, "name the best all white team", or "is Blake Griffin a ginger or a darkie?" (yeah we get hundreds of these threads here and if you complain about it, YOU get banned by the creepy mods.

In other words, since the jerk mods can't behave like anything but 10 year olds, then the site should have mandatory built in ways to PREVENT the mods from ruining the site due to their being ASSHOLES.

I have suggested things like this to Jeff over and over, that if he won't change the creeps that he has as mods, then at least put in some built in measures to simply prevent the mods from dictating everything......nothing is ever done.

But yes, simply setting it up to where there are LIMITS on what the obvious TROLLS can do would eliminate the way the mods play god here and decide that they will let certain TROLLS just endlessly get troll and then the rest of us can't even start a thread without getting banned.

It's totally baffling why this isn't done.
Giannis >>>>>>>>>>>> Spanoulis

sportjames23
03-10-2015, 09:39 PM
red bars taking over the nba board

Yup. Jeff needs to call the exterminator to get rid of all these roaches.

24-Inch_Chrome
03-10-2015, 09:39 PM

:applause:

I<3NBA
03-10-2015, 09:40 PM
insidehoops has only become unbearable when the trolls became unfunnny. board is now littered with corny, unfunny trolls.

Dro
03-10-2015, 09:41 PM
Whats funny is that I see way more threads trying to diss the old school than vice versa....WAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYY more......

3 Ball is the only one spamming Jordan topics, so just refer to him.....

Euroleague
03-10-2015, 09:43 PM
insidehoops has only become unbearable when the trolls became unfunnny. board is now littered with corny, unfunny trolls.

Or when the mods were given power to ban people for 30 days and started banning people for anything they felt like. While other posters could troll non-stop and absolutely never ever get banned no matter what.

Euroleague
03-10-2015, 09:46 PM

A perfect example of a troll post. Yet never once does this clown ever get banned, while dozens of other posters get banned for 30 days for saying something a mod disagreed with personally.

Hittin_Shots
03-10-2015, 10:15 PM
Lol old school trolls.... I never talk old school but I see the old school guys keep to their old school threads when talking old school then whenever they are seen in any other thread everyone just starts trolling them about old school even if they haven't mentioned it at all.

Case and point the AD thread currently up.

MiseryCityTexas
03-10-2015, 10:17 PM
http://www.quickmeme.com/img/ec/ec7e9fd14c73ab522dd56668bd155962c5408aa05fb4fd2022 9b29bce328b683.jpg

one thread for all topics about nba history to keep the old folks isolated an happy everyone wins

mj wilt shaq they are retired you can go to the history thread if you are having a bad day

The Nba ****ing sucks now. You seen that Clippers/Warriors game? That shit was a total snooze fest until Curry pulled off that sick dribble move on CP3 and knocked down that three pointer.

Leviathon1121
03-10-2015, 11:15 PM
Whats funny is that I see way more threads trying to diss the old school than vice versa....WAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYY more......

3 Ball is the only one spamming Jordan topics, so just refer to him.....

Shhhh, that hurts their "mythologists" and "nostalgia" are ruining the board stance.

ILLsmak
03-10-2015, 11:59 PM
Yes, I miss how insidehoops used to be. Threads used to contain way more pertinent information.

It's really irritating when people bring up the past as if it's relevent, so I'm on board with your idea King Jane.

I like nostalgia, tho. There's just a lot of stupid trolling. It's basically not, "Let's appreciate this person." I love the threads people post with clips of old games. I don't always get time to watch them, but I always click them and at least open the video and check it out for a few minutes.

It's just shit like "Westbrook was definitely better than Magic" or Jordan vs LeBron. I just think people need to stop trolling.

Dunno how anyone can be mad at discussing an old player... unless you just don't know him, then that's cool, too. Just ignore the thread. But someone comes in almost always and is like "yeah he's totally better than (current popular player, probably Lebron.)"

I'm all for comparing players, too, but again... it's the same shit over and over again. That's why inside hoops is sometimes unbearable, but I have good sense and I'll go to 2nd or 3rd page if I have to. I can tell by a thread title and who posted it what's going to go down there. Most of the time, unless I'm just looking for the luls, I don't even click it.

-Smak

gts
03-11-2015, 12:08 AM
it's really simple.. don't click on threads that discuss old school ball, keep it moving

it's not like there's some limited resource here and ISH can only handle so many threads per day.. it's unlimited, there's more than enough space for threads on any and all NBA topics

that fact as mentioned above is there's more guys going out of their way to act like idiots and bash old school ball for whatever reason then there are posters discussing it and most of the ones that do make threads are actually very knowledgeable on the subject..

anyways those threads are easy to spot and easier to avoid unless you're some weak minded sap that can't control his emotions

"oh nooooos old school thread must click it and act like total fool"

Hittin_Shots
03-11-2015, 12:13 AM

Nostalgia about there being less nostalgia.

LAZERUSS
03-11-2015, 02:40 AM

So you are claiming that the only real relevant posts should be post-Shaq...or anything from 11-12 to today...or a 3 year window? BTW, a washed-up, injury-plagued, and dough-boy Shaq hung a 45 point game as recently as 2009.

Incidently in Shaq's LAST season, 2010-11, a 37 year old white guy, only playing 33 mpg, led the NBA in apg.

A 6-7 3/4" white guy ran away with the rpg title, and did so in only 36 mpg.

A 6-11 broken down white center led the NBA in bpg.

And a 6-5 3/4" player started 63 games at CENTER.

The very next year, in 11-12, produced a starting PG that would go on to shoot .357 from the field. And today that same starting PG is currently shooting... .357 from the field.

In 11-12, a player playing 27 mpg, averaged 3.7 bpg.

Just last year, the FMVP was a 6-7 player who averaged 14.3 ppg and 6.7 rpg in his 23 post-season games. This year he is currently averaging 15.5 ppg on a .454 FG%.

The 6-7 3/4" white guy who won a runaway rpg title in 10-11, averaged 26 ppg and 12 rpg just last season.

A 6-9 1/2" center is currently averaging 23.4 ppg, 12.1 rpg, and shooting .467 from the field.

A 38 year old, playing 29.4 mpg, is currently averaging a 14-10 game every night he plays.

A 6-10 1/2" center, who was playing in D-League a short time ago, is currently averaging 11-10 .625, and in 22 mpg, since he was picked up by the Heat.

A 6-3 PG is being touted as an MVP candidate, in a season in which he is shooting .434 from the floor, and with an eFG% of .458, in an NBA that is currently shooting an eFG% of .494.

The current NBA is shooting .753 from the FT line. In the 1958-59 season, the NBA shot .756 from the line.

Again...here is a player who ran away with the rpg title a few years ago, and just last year averaged a 26-12...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7TnbhJr8iY

Yep...we have come a long way since Shaq retired.

oarabbus
03-11-2015, 03:17 AM
A perfect example of a troll post. Yet never once does this clown ever get banned, while dozens of other posters get banned for 30 days for saying something a mod disagreed with personally.

Explain how, IN THE NBA, Spanoulis was better than Giannis. Please do so USING THEIR NBA CAREERS. We are on the NBA FORUM and whatever they did in leagues that WERE NOT THE NBA are not applicable.

ButterFace
03-11-2015, 12:16 PM
Why do youngins' hate NBA history so much?

swagga
03-11-2015, 12:22 PM
Explain how, IN THE NBA, Spanoulis was better than Giannis. Please do so USING THEIR NBA CAREERS. We are on the NBA FORUM and whatever they did in leagues that WERE NOT THE NBA are not applicable.

simple, spanoulis has more euroleagues and he led greece to olympic medals for starters :lol

Bosnian Sajo
03-11-2015, 12:26 PM

Not gonna happen :oldlol:

riseagainst
03-11-2015, 02:34 PM
if OP wants the old people out, he should remain in his pre-school instead of sneaking out to the local library to get on ISH.

ButterFace
03-11-2015, 02:45 PM

When he retires? It has already begun.

King Jane
03-11-2015, 03:11 PM
Why do youngins' hate NBA history so much?
*yawn

historys boring and irrelevant

things got better over time we dont need no history with the spectacle we got now

nba is better now than it has ever been

ButterFace
03-11-2015, 03:16 PM
*yawn

things got better over time we dont need no history with the spectacle we got now

Says the guy who doesn't care enough about history to learn about it.

24-Inch_Chrome
03-11-2015, 03:17 PM
*yawn

http://i.giphy.com/WsSjctRYedC2Q.gif

Dro
03-11-2015, 04:48 PM
*yawn

One of the stupidest posts ever. History is NEVER irrelevant to whats going on today, sports or otherwise. Because you know, there would not be any NBA TODAY if not for those who came before today's players...Now this is basic 1st grade stuff here.....:confusedshrug:

navy
03-11-2015, 04:54 PM
Yall take trolls too seriously.